Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Med Alaoui

six children killed in damascus today

1 post in this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0



  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Nicole
      Civilians and fighters to be allowed out of east Aleppo in return for evacuation of people from rebel-besieged towns.

      Syrian state television aired footage said to show evacuation buses in southwest Aleppo [Reuters]
      The evacuation of thousands of increasingly desperate Syrian civilians and fighters stranded in besieged east Aleppo is set to resume after a new deal was reached between rebel and the Syrian government.
      Buses started entering several neighbourhoods on Sunday under the supervision of the Red Crescent and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), state news agency SANA said.
      A source in Aleppo told Al Jazeera that as part of the latest deal, a total of 4,000 people will evacuate the Shia-majority towns of Fua and Kefraya in Idlib province, which are currently besieged by opposition fighters.
      The source, who wanted to remain anonymous, said 1,500 people in the government-besieged towns of Madaya and Zabadani as well as everyone in eastern Aleppo will also be allowed to evacuate as part of this deal.

      Syrian state media reported that government forces would only allow civilians and fighters to leave eastern Aleppo once families in Fua and Kefraya are evacuated.
      Buses and Red Crescent vehicles arrived at the entrance to the two towns on Sunday, al-Manar TV, run by the Lebanese Hezbollah group, said on Sunday.
      The new deal comes days after the Syrian government claimed victory in Aleppo, which had been partly under rebel control since 2012.
      Busses and ambulances
      Mohammed Shakiel Shabir, an aid worker based in rebel-held Idlib province, said approximately 100 buses were being prepared to collect the civilians from Khan al-Asl, a suburb of Aleppo city.
      "We are taking several ambulances, food and medicines and approximately 100 coaches to Khan al-Asl," he told Al Jazeera.
      "Each coach can transport around 40 people so [God willing] we will be transferring thousands to safety."
      Reports differ on how many people remain in eastern Aleppo, with numbers ranging from 15,000 to 40,000 civilians, along with an estimated 6,000 fighters.
      The evacuation of eastern Aleppo was suspended on Friday after  rebels and government forces accused each other  of violating an earlier deal.
      According to the UN,   more than four million people   live in besieged or hard-to-reach areas in Syria, with limited or no access to food or medical supplies.
      The UN Security Council is to expected to discuss the possible deployment of observers to Aleppo later on Sunday and vote on a resolution demanding immediate and unconditional access for UN staff to ensure the delivery of humanitarian aid.
      According to several UN delegations on Twitter, the Council will meet for a special session at 12:00GMT to discuss a French-drafted resolution.
      The draft resolution, obtained by the AP news agency, calls on Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon to immediately redeploy UN staff already on the ground to carry out "neutral monitoring" and "direct observation and to report on evacuations".
      It stresses that evacuations of civilians "must be voluntary and to destinations of their choice".
      Vitaly Churkin, Russia's UN Ambassador, said on Friday he would examine the draft but was sceptical that monitors could be deployed quickly.
      Aleppo, Syria's second largest city and once a key cultural and economic hub, has been divided between government forces and rebels since 2012.
      The evacuation agreements came a month after the Syrian government and allied militias launched a military offensive to retake the entire city. Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has hailed the operation as a victory. 
      The Syrian conflict started as a largely unarmed uprising against Assad's rule in March 2011. It has since morphed into a full-scale civil war that has left hundreds of thousands dead and more than half of the country's prewar population displaced inside and outside of Syria. 
      http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/12/aleppo-161218045722651.html
    • By JAMMY
      http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/aleppos-children/white-helmets-video-shows-toll-idlib-aleppo-syria-offensive-n657281?cid=sm_tw
      This is a long heart wrenching article with several videos.So many prayers are needed. May Jehovah bring His kingdom at His appointed time to rid the world of these atrocities.
    • By Nicole
      Video footage emerged from the Bani Zaid district of Aleppo, Thursday, showing the discovery of a large cache of foreign-made weapons and missiles, found in a house in territory controlled by the so-called Islamic State.
       
    • By DC4SAFC
      Pope Francis demonstrates love for neighbor by welcoming 12 Syrian Refugees to the Vatican. 
      http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36063300
  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Se llama Hno. Parkin.  Lo conocí hace muchos años.  El fue el superintendente de la sucursal en Puerto Rico hasta que fue cerrada.  
    • The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Britain had sought a review of a Charity Commission order to hand over documents relating to its statutory inquiry into the charity The body that oversees Jehovah’s Witness congregations in Britain has dropped its application for a judicial review of a Charity Commission order. The move brings to a close a two-and-a-half-year legal dispute between the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Britain and the regulator, which opened a statutory inquiry into the organisation in May 2014 because of safeguarding concerns. As part of that investigation, the commission issued the charity a production order, requiring it to hand over certain information to assist the inquiry. The WTBTSB requested separate judicial reviews against the inquiry and the production order. In August the Supreme Court ruled that the charity could not stop the inquiry going ahead, but it had already won the right to apply for a judicial review of the order in March. Today, the commission announced it would be dropping the production order and, in return, the WTBTSB had agreed to withdraw its application for a judicial review. In a statement, the commission said: "The charity has now provided a response to the production order by making certain documents available for inspection by the commission and, since the production order was issued, the commission has obtained additional information from the charity and other sources. "The commission has therefore decided to revoke the production order and the charity has agreed to withdraw its application for judicial review." The WTBTSB confirmed it had supplied the documents and had agreed to withdraw the review. A spokesman for the charity said: "Watch Tower will now work with the commission to explore the issues that are the subject of the statutory inquiry and to address the commission’s regulatory concerns." The commission’s inquiry into the WTBTSB remains ongoing. In its statement, the commission said: "With the legal proceedings now settled, the commission will continue to work with the charity to establish the facts and understand the charity’s safeguarding policy, procedures and practices in order to explore the issues that are the subject of the ongoing statutory inquiry and address the commission’s regulatory concerns." The withdrawal of the judicial review application marks the end of legal proceedings over the inquiry into the WTBTSB as a whole. But the charity is still fighting to block a separate statutory inquiry into the Manchester New Moston Congregation, opened at the same time as the one into the WTBTSB. These came after it emerged that victims of sexual abuse by a former trustee of the charity’s Manchester New Moston congregation had been required to meet and answer questions from their abuser, who had just been released from the prison sentence he was given for abusing them, according to tribunal documents. WTBTSB lost an appeal against the New Moston inquiry in the first-tier tribunal in April 2015, but has appealed to the upper-tier tribunal against the first-tier tribunal’s ruling, and the case is expected to be heard on 2 March. http://www.thirdsector.co.uk/jehovahs-witnesses-drop-application-judicial-review/governance/article/1421445
    • ALL  THE  WORDS  THAT  JEHOVAH  HAS  SPOKEN  -  WE  ARE  WILLING  TO  DO.  EX. 24 : 3
    • The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Britain had sought a review of a Charity Commission order to hand over documents relating to its statutory inquiry into the charity The body that oversees Jehovah’s Witness congregations in Britain has dropped its application for a judicial review of a Charity Commission order. The move brings to a close a two-and-a-half-year legal dispute between the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Britain and the regulator, which opened a statutory inquiry into the organisation in May 2014 because of safeguarding concerns. As part of that investigation, the commission issued the charity a production order, requiring it to hand over certain information to assist the inquiry. The WTBTSB requested separate judicial reviews against the inquiry and the production order. In August the Supreme Court ruled that the charity could not stop the inquiry going ahead, but it had already won the right to apply for a judicial review of the order in March. Today, the commission announced it would be dropping the production order and, in return, the WTBTSB had agreed to withdraw its application for a judicial review. In a statement, the commission said: "The charity has now provided a response to the production order by making certain documents available for inspection by the commission and, since the production order was issued, the commission has obtained additional information from the charity and other sources. "The commission has therefore decided to revoke the production order and the charity has agreed to withdraw its application for judicial review." The WTBTSB confirmed it had supplied the documents and had agreed to withdraw the review. A spokesman for the charity said: "Watch Tower will now work with the commission to explore the issues that are the subject of the statutory inquiry and to address the commission’s regulatory concerns." The commission’s inquiry into the WTBTSB remains ongoing. In its statement, the commission said: "With the legal proceedings now settled, the commission will continue to work with the charity to establish the facts and understand the charity’s safeguarding policy, procedures and practices in order to explore the issues that are the subject of the ongoing statutory inquiry and address the commission’s regulatory concerns." The withdrawal of the judicial review application marks the end of legal proceedings over the inquiry into the WTBTSB as a whole. But the charity is still fighting to block a separate statutory inquiry into the Manchester New Moston Congregation, opened at the same time as the one into the WTBTSB. These came after it emerged that victims of sexual abuse by a former trustee of the charity’s Manchester New Moston congregation had been required to meet and answer questions from their abuser, who had just been released from the prison sentence he was given for abusing them, according to tribunal documents. WTBTSB lost an appeal against the New Moston inquiry in the first-tier tribunal in April 2015, but has appealed to the upper-tier tribunal against the first-tier tribunal’s ruling, and the case is expected to be heard on 2 March. http://www.thirdsector.co.uk/jehovahs-witnesses-drop-application-judicial-review/governance/article/1421445
    • Emmanuel Thomas l Thursday, January 19, 2017 MOSCOW, Russia – The Appeal Court in Moscow, Russia has granted Russian Prosecutor the leave to liquidate activities of Jehovah’s Witnesses(JW) in Russia after branding them extremist group. The JW had appealed the decision and tried to establish that the accusations of “extremist activity” are based on fabricated evidence and false statements that have been manufactured by local authorities to portray sincere worship as criminal activity.




      In the October 12, 2016, hearing, Judge M. S. Moskalenko of the Tverskoy District Court of Moscow did not allow testimony or video that exposed the illegal actions of the local authorities who are bent to ensuring that JW do not exist in Russia. However, on January 16, 2017, the Moscow City Court dismissed the Witnesses’ appeal that challenged the legality of the Prosecutor General’s warning issued against their national headquarters. The three-judge panel rejected all arguments filed by the Witnesses’ attorneys and rendered its decision after a 10-minute recess. The decision upholds the October 12, 2016, Tverskoy District Court decision that ruled in favor of the Prosecutor General’s Office.The warning, dated March 2, 2016, is now enforceable. Speaking before the hearing, International human rights lawyer James Andrik spoke of the implication. “If the Moscow City Court dismisses the appeal, the Prosecutor General’s Office could act on its threat against the Administrative Center. It could liquidate the Administrative Center and further harass the religious communities of Jehovah’s Witnesses and restrict their worship throughout Russia. If, on the other hand, the court upholds the appeal, it would be a breakthrough for justice”, he said.


      However Jehovah’s Witnesses are a peaceful group who hold their worship in the open and denounce all sorts of religious extremism. They believe in the Bible which also encourages them to respect secular authority. It is now left to the world to appeal to President Vladimir Putin to halt this attempt to wipe out witnesses from Russia http://starconnectmedia.com/2017/01/19/russia-gets-go-ahead-to-liquidate-jehovahs-witnesses-organisation/