The World News Media

The 30 Best Workplaces in Technology

Guest Nicole

The tech industry has long been famed for its luxe work environments—free lunches, ping pong tables, green juice on tap—but there's a lot more than perks that goes into creating a workplace employees love. To bring you this list, Fortune partner Great Place to Work to surveyed more than 42,000 employees of U.S. technology companies. The two resulting rankings are grouped by company size, one for large tech companies and one for small and medium-sized ones. You can read more about the list, and the role that diversity and innovation plays in these businesses, here.

LARGE COMPANIES

1. ULTIMATE SOFTWARE

ultimate-software.jpg

Employees say: "Management and HR are aligned to make sure the culture is protected so that everyone feels supported in this work environment. I believe this feeling of safety and culture of support is what drives our innovation, creativity, and drive to succeed as a team."

"Take care of the 3,300 families in the organization, be the best, and the company will unequivocally support me and my family forever."

Industry: Online Internet Services

HQ location: Weston, Fla.

Employees: 3,126

2. Intuit

intuit.jpg

Employees say: "I feel very blessed to work at Intuit. It provides me with every opportunity to do my best work. I have received 100% support to create a vision for the company regarding sustainability. Intuit walks the talk regarding its values and that makes my job a joy."

"The company has a culture of truly caring for each other as employees, for the wellbeing of our customers, for the betterment of individuals, and for the health of our community as a whole. Ultimately, we fundamentally believe that we can make a difference in the world."

Industry: Software

HQ location: Mountain View, Calif.

Employees: 6,216

3. Salesforce

salesforce1.jpg

Employees say: "Salesforce truly cares about the success and happiness of its employees as well as making a positive impact on the community. Seeing our organization respond to actions against the LGBT community and Women's rights over the past year has made me incredibly proud to work here."

"Working at Salesforce is more than just a job. I feel like our mission is really to make the world a better place both in business and in life. It's not just a software company. We have a greater mission."

HQ location: San Francisco

Employees: 14,410

4. Zillow Group

zillow-group-employees.jpg

Employees say: "It's a creative and collaborative work environment that allows for exploration in different areas that are maybe not entirely related to the specifics of the job. During our "Hack Week," for example, we had a team of employees design a Zillow-related puzzle room to foster team collaboration, morale, and creative thinking in a fun, relaxed environment."

"This is one of the most diverse and amazing companies I have ever worked for. I think that has to do with the fact that we have all types and all kinds here to make this a better place to work. Whenever you walk in it feels like home!"

Industry: Online Internet Services

HQ location: Seattle

Employees: 2,603

5. Workday

workday-ping-pong-tournament.jpg

Employees say: "Every day you are given the opportunity to learn in so many different ways. A webinar here. A seminar there. On-demand learning over here. It's understood here that if you work hard, your options are almost endless."

"I have never worked for a company that succeeds so well at keeping their clients and employees happy by sticking to its core principles."

HQ location: Pleasanton, Calif.

Employees: 4,557

6. SAP America

sap-america.jpg

Employees say: "SAP genuinely cares about people and impacting society through its innovations for the greater good of humankind. For its' employees, striving to provide a fair, equitable and respectful workplace and a culture which values the uniqueness of every individual."

"The company has continued to reinvent itself to stay a leader in the market. I tell new people joining us that we create a mess because we need to; we clean it up; and then we create another mess and clean that up. By embracing a constant change and the need for a little chaos in order to innovate, it makes our environment very exciting."

HQ location: Newtown Square, Penn.

Employees: 13,548

7. World Wide Technology

world-wide-technology-office.jpg

Employees say: "We have strong core values and we see the positive impacts of them on a daily basis. Most places I’ve previously worked at had values, however, managers followed them when necessary, a common 'do as I say, not as I do' type of mentality. Working at WWT has shown me there are companies out there that still practice what they preach."

"The culture of innovation and collaboration is very impressive at our company. With the diverse experiences of our employees, our culture encourages reaching out to others to solicit new ideas and solutions to problems. It is encourages people to experiment and when failure happens, learn from it and try something new."

Industry: Hardware, Software, Online Internet Services, IT Consulting, Storage/Data Management

HQ location: St. Louis

Employees: 3,766

8. SAS Institute

sas-institute.jpg

Employees say: "Because this company provides such a great work environment and offers great work life balance, most employees give very much in return. In contrast to other companies I've worked for, it's a comfortable work environment with minimal politics, and allows employees to give much greater focus to innovation, creativity, and detail."

"There is an understanding that we're all creating something together, and we want it to be solid, so we do our best wherever we can. There's an excitement to that."

HQ location: Cary, N.C.

Employees: 7,191

9. Adobe Systems

adobe.jpg

Employees say: "This is the best place I've ever worked. This is a company that promoted me two weeks before maternity leave with my second child to make sure I was excited to return and excited about my role. It's also a company that let me chart my own path and create a new program. It's empowered me to take my ideas and work to incredible places and work with some of the most creative and innovative people of my career."

"Nobody at Adobe has to worry about fitting into a mold as they walk into the doors—everyone is encouraged to be themselves and it really helps people feel part of something bigger."

HQ location: San Jose, Calif.

Employees: 6,995

10. Hyland

hyland.jpg

Employees say: "The company as a whole firmly embraces diversity. We've found strength through that diversity, and attribute much of our success to the wisdom that comes from a variety of backgrounds and demographics."

"Management is willing to listen and sincerely understand different opinions on projects. ... This helps our company of thinkers and innovators understand, accept, and apply new understanding to the business in the future."

HQ location: Westlake, Ohio

Employees: 2,075

Continue reading

• Views 1.9k
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Posted Images