This event repeats every year forever
In a 6-to-3 decision, the Court overruled its decision in Minersville School District v. Gobitis and held that compelling public schoolchildren to salute the flag was unconstitutional. The Court found that salutes of the type mandated by the West Virginia State Board of Education were forms of utterance and thus were a means of communicating ideas. "Compulsory unification of opinion," the Court held, was doomed to failure and was antithetical to the values set forth in the First Amendment. Writing for the majority, Justice Jackson argued that "f there is any fixed star in our constitutional constellation, it is that no official, high or petty, can prescribe what shall be orthodox in politics, nationalism, religion, or other matters of opinion or force citizens to confess by word or act their faith therein." To underscore its decision, the Supreme Court announced it on Flag Day.
via .ORGWorld News
via .ORGWorld News
By Queen Esther
Am 22. März 1943 wurde der Bau des Krematoriums IV in Auschwitz II-Birkenau abgeschlossen
Der Entkleidungsraum und die Gaskammer wurden im Erdgeschoss gebaut. Die Gaskammer (auf der RÃ¼ckseite des Archivfotos sichtbar) war in drei RÃ¤ume unterteilt und hatte insgesamt 236,78 Quadratmeter. Die AuÃŸenwÃ¤nde hatten LÃ¶cher mit gasdichten FalltÃ¼ren zum Einsetzen von Zyklon B. In der Mitte des GebÃ¤udes befand sich der Entkleidungsraum. Im Hintergrund - ein Krematoriumsofen mit acht Ã–fen. Nach Berechnungen deutscher Hersteller konnten in diesem Krematorium alle 24 Stunden 768 Leichen verbrannt werden. Das Krematorium wurde am 7. Oktober 1944 von den Gefangenen des Sonderkommandos bei ihrem Aufstand niedergebrannt und anschlieÃŸend demontiert.
Sehen Sie die Seite des Krematoriums und der Gaskammer IV bei unserem virtuellen Besuch:Â Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Â
Auschwitz Memorial / Museum Auschwitz hat 4 neue Fotos hinzugefÃ¼gt.
22. MÃ¤rz um 21:23 Â·
22 March 1933 | 85 years ago the first official concentration camp was opened in Nazi Germany at the site of an unused gunpowder and munitions factory near the town of Dachau 16 km from Munich. It was indented to hold political opponents of NDSAP.
The first commandant of Auschwitz Rudolf HÃ¶ss began his career in SS-TotenkopfverbÃ¤nde in KL Dachau. He was assigned there in December 1934 & held the post of BlockfÃ¼hrer. Another link between the two camps is the use of "Arbeit macht frei" slogan at their gates.
On March 22, 1943 the construction of crematorium IV was completed at Auschwitz II-Birkenau
The undressing room and the gas chamber was built on the ground level. The gas chamber (visible at the back of the archive photograph) was divided into three rooms and had a total of 236.78 square meters. The exterior walls had holes with gas proof trapdoors for inserting Zyklon B. In the middle of the building there was the undressing room. In the back - one eight-oven crematorium furnace. According to the calculations by German manufacturer, 768 corpses could be burned in this crematorium every 24 hours. Crematorium was burned by the Sonderkommando prisoners in their revolt on October 7, 1944 and subsequently dismantled.
See the site of crematorium and gas chamber IV at our Virtual Visit: Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
First class of Watchtower Bible School of Gilead in 1943.
1939 pioneer sisters, sister on far right was selected for first Gilead class 1943