• 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 77 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply

• Topics

• If speculation of children before the flood was made as though, God was an evil God, it would perceive those children had not succumbed to the evils that existed at that time. Genesis 6:6 There would have been no need for the flood, the ark, and the salvation of just a few. We wouldn’t be having this conversation. It was clear to God, children didn’t just inherit sin, but became embroiled in that sin out of their own will. Indeed. Perhaps by reading further in Philippians it becomes more apparent and enlightened by Paul’s words. Once again, a witness should not reflect on prophecy if prophecy is not made known to that individual. There is a reason why God guides humanity. This is why God exerts obedience. Surely, we can’t claim to be above God in order to use his words in controversy. A well-established prophecy has divine providence. I believe Russell also rejected some understandings of Barbour especially after the public disagreements they had and the "separation" of their works. I will not speculate on the assumptions of others. Personally, I understand the path Pastor Russell was following as well as the path the Witnesses accepted. I have no need to further my studies on a subject that is well known and accepted even by other Christian sects as it has become known to them. Will they credit the Watchtower? I don't see how they could. I will leave that to divine decision by God, not man. We can be desperate to find answers and Satan can entice our knowledge with the fruit of the tree of knowledge. I, much rather seek Gods divine guidance. Therefore, I suspect the embarrassment comes from those that blindly seek their own independent understanding, and fail to trust in God those sinful men God has chosen and entrusted with prophecy. However, if someone is inclined and brazen to use such as these dates as substance, they should include 1975 and 2000. I will let John 7:6 answer your query. I won't further the discussion. I have seen where only the privileged here can speak without retribution. Since I’m neither an ex-witness that is given that privilege, nor am I a conflicted witness, I don’t wish to upset anyone here. By the tone of your "harsh" words, I am confident that is exactly where we are heading.
    • Yes, that is core thing in a individual faith vs collective faith. Collective faith power is visible from some WT magazine paragraph as in one who speaking about teachings that are unique to JW organization. WT Society said how Salvation is only possible inside Organization and inside respecting whole spectar of Teachings presented by GB. Here i see contradiction that exists when JW facing with difficult situations. You made good point how issue of Salvation is on other side of spectar, and not in respecting teachings that is questionable or periodicaly changed. But as it was already said, core faith (not core doctrine/doctrines) is Jesus. Faith in Jesus.
    • In considering the thread topic "The Watchtower and the Colored people", how do you define "colored people"? I, am caucasian, but am kinda pinkish, tan color. Are we talking about everybody except Albinos, who are as white as a marshmallow? ... and if we label everybody "green people" to avoid discriminatory language, do the light green people get to sit in the front of the bus?
    • I have carefully considered all of the above points, and concerning the willingness to die for one's beliefs, I have this to say about that: Actor, comedian, and film producer, etc., Woody Allen said it best when asked about one of his latest movies, and the body of movies he had made in the past, either as star, producer, director, or all three ... "Would you, through your movies, like to live forever in the hearts of your many fans?" He replied "I would like to live forever, in my apartment in Manhattan."
    • One of three questions they asked me at my Reinstatement was (paraphrased) "What is your opinion of the Governing Body?" I replied  (paraphrased) " I would have to agree with them in the February 2017 Watchtower, that they are neither inspired of God, or infallible.". I believe that if I had phrased that differently, all other things being equal, I would NOT have been Reinstated. By actual test, I would agree with you, Anna.