• 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
  8. Guest
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies

• Topics

• I totally agree. Neither of them ever offers actual information -- only opinions, and often, just plain lies.
    • That makes a lot of sense  Alanf thanks for sharing. I always found it funny, when I was a JW how some scriptures does not apply to the org and some do.  I also find it funny for example, as long as I was a JW the GB always said they were the spokesman or channel of Jesus and Jah on earth they will give scriptures blah blah blah but at the Australian Royal Commission suddently they weren't the only channel or spokesman of Jesus and Jah on earth... 🤣🤣🤣  
    • @TrueTomHarley  I'm sorry to have to say this to you, but it appears to me that you and @Arauna are very selfish and actually offer nothing of use to any of the topics.  Arauna very often talks about herself just as you talk about yourself. She will say 'I am not impressed' 'I do not fall for your bait.' She and you seem to be full of your own self importance. IMO you both waste space here. 
    • Appointment for a ministry, according to the Bible method, was done in accordance with Divine revelation and stimulus. Of course, in the Bible we also have examples of appointments that were not God-generated. This means that some did their job, exercises ministry, in spite of their false appointment. What lessons we take from such reality? How looked like appointment of Moses? How looked like appointments of Saul and David? Who done such appointments? Samuel. Who appointed Samuel, when and how? All that was done, according to Bible, in mystical, supernatural way. As many other appointments till Jesus and apostles. And we can assume, according to Bible descriptions about such events, how "inspiration" had main role in that. Samuel "was inspired" to made appointments. John the Baptist "was inspired" to do this and that. And so on.  Problem that WT Society Leaders have in this, is their open claim, even expressed as defense, protection of their personality and position, how they are Not Inspired. They claim how Jesus and God "chose them and appointed them", with spirit. But GB-FDS took very strong stand how they did not receive the spirit in such a way that they became inspired by that spirit and to be able to give some "measure" of such spirit to other people. If it is this way, than GB has no spirit in them to continue with proper appointments of other ministers, elders, (to appoint them by spirit) and they are not in capacity to pass this (received) spirit on them, inside congregation.
    • Arauna said: << As we have heretofore stated, the great jubilee cycle is due to begin in 1925. At that time the earthly phase of the kingdom shall be recognized... Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old, particularly those named by the Apostle in Hebrews chapter eleven, to the condition of human perfection. >> -- Millions Now Living Will Never Die, 1920 Edition, pp. 89-90. << Based upon the argument heretofore set forth, then, that the old order of things, the old world, is ending and is therefore passing away, and that the new order is coming in, and that 1925 shall mark the resurrection of the faithful worthies of old and the beginning of reconstruction, it is reasonable to conclude that millions of people now on the earth will be still on the earth in 1925. Then, based upon the promises set forth in the divine Word, we must reach the positive and indisputable conclusion that millions now living will never die. >> -- Millions, p. 97. << We have no doubt whatever in regard to the chronology relating to the dates of 1874, 1914, 1918, and 1925. It was on this line of reckoning that the dates 1874, 1914, and 1918 were located; and the Lord has placed the stamp of his seal upon 1914 and 1918 beyond any possibility of erasure. What further evidence do we need? Using this same measuring line ... it is an easy matter to locate 1925, probably in the fall, for the beginning of the antitypical jubilee. There can be no more question about 1925 than there was about 1914. The fact that all the things that some looked for in 1914 did not materialize does not alter the chronology one whit. Noting the date marked so prominently, it is very easy for the finite mind to conclude that all the work to be done must center about it, and thus many are inclined to anticipate more than has been really foretold. Thus it was in 1844, in 1874, in 1878 as well as in 1914 and 1918. Looking back we can now easily see that those dates were clearly indicated in Scripture and doubtless intended by the Lord to encourage his people, as they did, as well as to be a means of testing and sifting when all that some expected did not come to pass. That all that some expect to see in 1925 may not transpire that year will not alter the date one whit more than in the other cases. >> -- May 15, 1922 Watch Tower. J. F. Rutherford later admitted to the Bethel family about his failed prediction, "I know I made an ass of myself." << Receiving the gift, the marching children clasped it to them, not a toy or plaything for idle pleasure, but the Lord's provided instrument for most effective work in the remaining months before Armageddon. >> -- The Watchtower, September 15, 1941, p. 288, regarding the distribution of the book Children. Article "Why Are You Looking Forward To 1975?" -- The Watchtower, August 15, 1968. << The apostle Paul was spearheading the Christian missionary activity. He was also laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our 20th century. >> -- The Watchtower, January 1, 1989, original edition, p. 12.