• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 1 reply

• Topics

• It's snowballing.  "Her", the Harlot's sins, "have piled as high as heaven and God has remembered her evil deeds".  Rev 18:5 All the while, JWs take little notice, basking in their haven of "peace and security".  1 Thess 5:3 I wish it was not this way.    
    • Jehovah’s Witnesses go to court to block sex abuse report publication https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2020/01/jehovahs-witnesses-go-to-court-to-block-sex-abuse-report-publication/
    • What if you actually knew what an apostate was ? That would help you both. Not the GB / JW Org meaning of course , but the true meaning as below.  apostate /əˈpɒsteɪt/ noun a person who renounces a religious or political belief or principle. "after fifty years as an apostate he returned to the faith"   adjective abandoning a religious or political belief or principle.   Apostasy is the formal disaffiliation from, abandonment of, or renunciation of a religion by a person. It can also be defined within the broader context of embracing an opinion that is contrary to one's previous religious beliefs. One who undertakes apostasy is known as an apostate.   Tom tries so hard to pretend that Apostates do not love God or Christ.  Why Tom ?   Apostates of JW Org are just that. Apostates of JW Org....... It simply means that a person has left the JW Org and no longer wants to be one of them. It does not mean that a person does not want to believe in or love God and Christ. Unfortunately though Tom and Anna, you have both been duped into believing what your GB and writing dept' tell you.    Tom says, " “What discourages me most,” I said, “is that apostates are taking public shots at the God and the community that I hold dear, "   So do you think all those ex JWs are taking a shot at Almighty God ?   Or are they just taking shots at the GB and JW Org ?   
    • Hey Tom, @TrueTomHarley do you think you could possibly post your above comment in the "Closed Club" topic I created? I think, just my opinion of course, that it is up to your conscience. If your conscience still allows you to interact, for the simple reason that YOU know what it's about and THEY (elders) don't, (they don't know what they are talking about) then I would suppose it  should be OK. (Maybe they are just worried you are giving a bad example, and others might not be as able as you, to refute the "lies" and may go on believing them). And I have to agree, knowing the things we do, because of Apostates, is actually faith strengthening. It is true in this case also, that information is empowering.....or put another way, knowledge is power (and of course I don't mean power in the bad sense of the word). I just had a crazy hypothetical thought. What if the WT gave the opposite advice. What if we were told to go and interact with apostates, after all "iron sharpens iron", "make sure of all things" "make the truth your own" etc...... What would happen then?  
    • From the Watchtower Library link @Srecko Sostar provided above.  “This is what you are to say to the sons of Israel: ‘Jehovah the God of your forefathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name to eternity, and this is the memorial of me to generation after generation.” (Ex. 3:13-15) We, therefore, have the Creator’s own words for it that his name is Jehovah. Um, not exactly, because the name Jehovah would not have been used.  YHWH does not translate to Jehovah.  Whenever they came across the tetragrammaton, JHVH, they studiously substituted the Hebrew words  Quite funny as when I studied with JWs I was told it was YHWH but this W/t link says JHVH. Um, which is actually right I wonder ?  The Tetragrammaton is the four-letter Hebrew word יהוה, the name of the biblical God of Israel. The four letters, read from right to left, are yodh, he, waw and he. While there is no consensus about the structure and etymology of the name, "the form Yahweh is now accepted  Jehovah (/dʒɪˈhoʊvə/) is a Latinization of the Hebrew יְהֹוָה, one vocalization of the Tetragrammaton יהוה (YHWH), the proper name of the God of Israel in the Hebrew Bible[1] and one of the seven names of God in Judaism. The consensus among scholars is that the historical vocalization of the Tetragrammaton at the time of the redaction of the Torah (6th century BCE) is most likely Yahweh. The historical vocalization was lost because in Second Temple Judaism, during the 3rd to 2nd centuries BCE, the pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton came to be avoided, being substituted with Adonai ("my Lord"). The Hebrew vowel points of Adonai were added to the Tetragrammaton by the Masoretes, and the resulting form was transliterated around the 12th century as Yehowah.[2] The derived forms Iehouah and Jehovah first appeared in the 16th century. "Jehovah" was popularized in the English-speaking world by William Tyndale and other pioneer English Protestant translations such as the Geneva Bible and the King James Version.[3] The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops states that in order to pronounce the Tetragrammaton "it is necessary to introduce vowels that alter the written and spoken forms of the name", resulting in "Yahweh" or "Jehovah".[4] It also remains in use by the Watchtower Society translators of the New World Translation, and appears in the still-popular translations of the American Standard Version (1901) and the Young's Literal Translation (1862, 1899), but it does not appear in current mainstream English translations, some of which use Yahweh but most continue to use "Lord" or "LORD" to represent same.[5 Food for thought. Would the true Anointed use Jehovah or Yahweh ?