• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies

• Topics

• The video also indicated that some Christian religions believe literal Israel will fulfill the  last day prophecies.  This is false.  This is why there are several racial movements now which believe they are the "true Israel" and show false genealogies to prove it. ..... such as the "black israelites" of God.   The bible indicates it is a spiritual Israel and a heavenly jerusalem as indicated in the two scriptures below. Hebr 12:22  But you have approached a Mount Zion and a city of the living God, heavenly Jerusalem, and myriads of angels   Roman's 2:  "For he is not a Jew who is one on the outside, nor is circumcision something on the outside, on the flesh.  29 But he is a Jew who is one on the inside, and his circumcision is that of the heart by spirit and not by a written code. That person’s praise comes from God, not from people"   You mentioned a place of safety:  We can only call on  jehovah as our refuge and show faith in the ransom of jesus - which you already do.  But one needs to be among people who obey Jehovahs instructions (do the preaching) and worship Him.  Hebrews 10 " Let us hold firmly the public declaration of our hope without wavering, for the one who promised is faithful.  24 And let us consider one another so as to incite to love and fine works,  25 not forsaking our meeting together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as you see the day drawing near. 26 "  A prophecy which I keep in mind (and a few more,) is the reason I am a JW - despite the flaws I see in some imperfect brothers and sisters.  They worship Jehovah, refuse to go to war and do earth wide preaching work. .... apart from really understanding the ransom sacrifice..... Isaaih 2: 2-4 " In the final part of the days, The mountain (worship)  of the house of Jehovah will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, And it will be raised up above the hills, and to it all the nations will stream.  3 And many peoples will go and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, To the house of the God of Jacob. He will instruct us about his ways, And we will walk in his paths.” For law will go out of Zion ,And the word of Jehovah out of Jerusalem.  He will render judgment among the nations and set matters straight respecting many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation,Nor will they learn war anymore. Many of our brothers are now in prison because they refuse military service or were caught preaching in islamic countries where it is forbidden to proseletize. Indonesia ,  Tartaristan  was in the news this week.      
    • I love the opera too!  I love a good bass voice and love it when done well.  The bass part in the magic flute is beautiful. .  I sang both arias of the queen in my salad days.    The papageno aria I can still sing but have not sung for 3 years.  I recently quickly practiced a song to sing at a wedding reception (not the hall).  Go for it Anna -  enjoy yourself!!
    • City officials in Suzhou, China, tried using facial recognition to shame people who wore PJs in public.  
    • An 89-year-old former maths teacher faces up to ten years in a Russian prison on charges of religious extremism in a crackdown on Jehovah’s Witnesses. Russia outlawed the evangelical Christian group in 2017, categorising it as extremist and on a par with Islamic State and neo-Nazi movements. Nine Jehovah’s Witnesses were jailed last year after being arrested while leading or organising prayer meetings. They were jailed for between two and six years. More than 30 others have spent at least six months in detention. Rimma Vashchenko, born in 1930, is one of eight other residents of Nevinnomyssk, a city in south Russia, who were charged with extremism after raids on Bible study groups by armed police. Four are in their seventies. Ms Vashchenko, who has… https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/jehovah-s-witness-89-faces-jail-on-charges-of-religious-extremism-in-kremlin-persecution-xncd3rwm3