• Topics

• That was partially answered in the previous post. But there were more quotes of course. The first is from the Watchtower, September 15, 1941, p. 288 Receiving the gift, the marching children clasped it to them, not a toy or plaything for idle pleasure, but the Lord's provided instrument for most effective work in the remaining months before Armageddon. Sometimes it was even a matter of "days." The following is from Consolation (lka, Awake!) April 27, 1942, p. 13 Proof is now submitted that we are now living at the end of the days, and we may expect to see Daniel and the other mentioned princes any day now! And the following was already quoted from "Universal War Near," 1935: . . . during the few remaining months until the breaking of that universal cataclysm the powers that rule the nations of the earth will continue to make treaties and tell the people that by such means they will keep that world peace and bring about prosperity.
    • And i think JWs make it pretty clear that they do not serve Almighty God. They serve the GB and JW Org.  Quote @Colin Browne Jehovah doesn't want us to lay charges against our brothers. "Does any one of you who has a dispute with another dare to go to court before unrighteous men, and not before the holy ones? Or do you not know that the holy ones will judge the world?"  (1Cor. 6:1,2) Unfortunately Colin, justice is not done within the JW Org and there is no love, so some congregants or ex-congregants have to go to Superior Authorities of the world that God himself puts in place or allows to be in place.  If it were only five or ten cases then it could be seen possibly false or fake, but it is hundreds of cases Earth wide ( possibly thousands ), so surely it is thereby proven to have some true foundation.  A couple of scriptures from the NWT. If only JWs including the GB would live by these things.  Galations 6 v 2 and v 10  Go on carrying the burdens of one another,d and in this way you will fulfill the law of the Christ.  So, then, as long as we have the opportunity,* let us work what is good toward all, but especially toward those related to us in the faith Work good towards all. I honestly do not see that happening at all in the JW Org.  Mr Harley i do not want your stupid opinion. You show yourself as totally self centred and only wanting attention. 
    • Faith in Jesus is what Jehovah God wants. God's word contrasts that with putting faith in men. Psalms 146:3 Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, who cannot bring salvation.  John 3:16 For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son,+ so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.+ 17  For God did not send his Son into the world for him to judge the world, but for the world to be saved through him.+ 18 Whoever exercises faith in him is not to be judged.+ Whoever does not exercise faith has been judged already, because he has not exercised faith in the name of the only-begotten Son of God…...35 The Father loves the Son+ and has given all things into his hand.+ 36  The one who exercises faith in the Son has everlasting life;+ the one who disobeys the Son will not see life,+ but the wrath of God remains upon him. John 6:28  So they said to him: “What must we do to carry out the works of God?” 29  In answer Jesus said to them: “This is the work of God, that you exercise faith in the one whom he sent.”.....40 For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who recognizes the Son and exercises faith in him should have everlasting life,+ and I will resurrect+ him on the last day.” John 12:44 However, Jesus called out and said: “Whoever puts faith in me puts faith not only in me but also in him who sent me;+ 45  and whoever sees me sees also the One who sent me.+ 46 I have come as a light into the world,+ so that everyone putting faith in me may not remain in the darkness.+ 47  But if anyone hears my sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I came, not to judge the world, but to save the world.+ 48 Whoever disregards me and does not receive my sayings has one to judge him. The word that I have spoken is what will judge him on the last day. 49  For I have not spoken of my own initiative, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment about what to say and what to speak. 50 And I know that his commandment means everlasting life.+ So whatever I speak, I speak just as the Father has told me. Matthew 11:6 Happy is the one who finds no cause for stumbling in me.” 1 Thessalonians 1:3 for we continually remember your faithful work, your loving labor, and your endurance because of your hope+ in our Lord Jesus Christ in the presence of our God and Father.   Colossians 1:3 We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, 4  since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and the love you have for all the holy ones. Colossians 2:5 Though I am absent in body, I am with you in spirit, rejoicing to see your good order+ and the firmness of your faith in Christ.+ 6  Therefore, just as you have accepted Christ Jesus the Lord, go on walking in union with him, 7  being rooted and built up in him+ and being stabilized in the faith,+ just as you were taught, and overflowing with thanksgiving.+ Philippians 3: 3 For we are those with the real circumcision,+ we who are rendering sacred service by God’s spirit and boasting in Christ Jesus+ and who do not base our confidence in the flesh. Philippians 3:8 What is more, I do indeed also consider all things to be loss on account of the excelling value of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have taken the loss of all things and I consider them as a lot of refuse,* that I may gain Christ 9  and be found in union with him, not because of my own righteousness from following the Law, but because of the righteousness that is through faith+ in Christ,+ the righteousness from God based on faith. Philippians 4:1 Consequently, my brothers whom I love and long for, my joy and crown,+ stand firm+ in this way in the Lord, my beloved ones.  Hebrews 1:1 Long ago God spoke to our forefathers by means of the prophets on many occasions and in many ways.+ 2  Now at the end of these days he has spoken to us by means of a Son, And Jesus asked: “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? Matthew 24:45. First of all, this is a question. And of course a faithful slave should not distort Jesus' sayings or ignore any of his sayings. And we would be wise to check with the Holy Scriptures if a slave claiming to be a discreet and faithful slave really teaches what Jesus taught.
    • It started mostly in Rutherford's acceptance of conspiratorialist half-truths from some anti-Catholic sources back in 1938. There were strong rumors that the Catholic Church wanted to use the opportunities brought about by the war to control the entire world through a kind of Catholic caliphate. Rutherford could easily tie fascist Italy to the Vatican through Mussolini, and Hitler's concord with the Vatican had already been exposed, too. Communist Russia was not perceived as an "Axis" power of course, as it would become the country that would go on to defeat Hitler almost single-handedly, but joining with the "Allied" powers, to complete it. But he looked to information about how Communist party sources were trying to reach a hand out for peace with the Vatican. And he followed rabid anti-Catholic sources to prove that the Catholic church was looking to rule the entire world. Therefore, in 1938, in the booklet, "Face the Facts" he predicted that the 'Axis' powers and communists would form a Catholic "combine" to finally take over America and Britain. When Mussolini marched to Rome to take possession thereof he was an avowed atheist, opposed to God and his kingdom, and would not tolerate anyone who supports God's kingdom or advertises the same. He was then opposed to all religious organizations. But in 1929 Mussolini and the pope, the head of that mighty religious organization, entered into an alliance by which temporal power in Italy was restored to the pope, and Mussolini became a devoted Catholic, and therefore a supporter of religion. Likewise the dictator of the totalitarian rule of Germany has entered into an alliance with the pope, and he is an avowed Catholic and supports the Catholic religion, and protects it within that arbitrary government. Recently Mr. Forbes, executive secretary of the Communist party, proposed mutual co-operation between Communism and the Roman Catholic Hierarchy in state affairs. In answer thereto the pope, acting through his cardinal and authoritative representative (Verdier), at Paris, made reply to the Communist party in these words: "If this gesture of the outstretched hand from your side expresses the wish to become better acquainted with your Catholic brothers in order to give better respect to the religion which inspires them to their convictions, their feelings, their works, then the church will not refuse to carry out this work of enlightenment and you will recognize that this can contribute greatly to the happiness of all." To such generous offer from the pope the Communist party responded in these words: "The outstretched hand of the Communist party to the Catholic people remains outstretched." (New York Times, July 26, 1938) True, the Catholic Press of America, since the Hierarchy's connection with the Fascists was exposed in Australia, in Seattle, Washington, and in other places, has had much to say about a possible break between the pope and the Fascists. Such publication is merely a political trick to keep the people deceived and in the dark while the Totalitarians march on and seize control of America and England. The indisputable facts are that the Roman Catholic Hierarchy has stooped wholly to political methods to gain control of the world, and concerning such an honest Catholic of New York has written a book entitled "Rome Stoops to Conquer", and therein submits the proof that Vatican City's chief objective is to rule the world in conjunction with radical powers. The Hierarchy has placed its trusted men in the key positions of political office in practically every nation of the world, which men are first Catholic and, regardless of the just rights of the people, always carry out the will of the Hierarchy in political governmental affairs. These facts, which cannot be disputed, disclose the Roman Catholic Hierarchy's determination to act as a kind of spiritual super-government over the dictators of the world, forming a part of the monstrosity, and which violently opposes Jehovah and his kingdom under Christ Jesus. The monstrosity moves onward! . . . When the totalitarian Catholic combine gains control of the British Isles, which it is certain to do, then all liberties of the people will be at an end. . . . The totalitarian combine is going to get control of England and America. You cannot prevent it. Do not try. Your safety is on the Lord's side; but there really will be but a short time that the combine will hold sway, because it is written in the Lord's Word, at 1 Thessalonians 5: 3, that when this crowd says, 'We are now at peace and safety,' the Lord sends sudden destruction upon them, and they are at their wits' end, and they shall find no way of escape. Rutherford spoke of Armageddon coming against a world of totalitarian nations, and this is what he meant. The totalitarian combine would have already taken over England and America when Armageddon arrives. The nearness of this time was expressed in many ways. One of them, in the same booklet, echoed the Millions campaign, which was NOT just about the great crowd, but about the world in general. This time it was more specifically about the "great crowd" [Jonadabs]. The doctrine had changed so that ONLY the Jonadabs would survive Armageddon. Would it be Scripturally proper for them to now marry and to begin to rear children? No, is the answer, which is supported by the Scriptures. Referring to the prophetic picture: Noah's sons and their wives had no children before or during the flood, and none were born of them until after the flood was dried up, and the record is that it was two years after the flood before children born are mentioned.. . . Those Jonadabs who now contemplate marriage, it would seem, would do better if they wait a few years, until the fiery storm of Armageddon is gone,. . . The only ones who will survive Armageddon will be God's faithful children . . . . .The kingdom is here, and certain and complete victory will crown the King, Christ Jesus, and those who stand with him. The earth is to be filled with a righteous people, and those faithful Jonadabs now living shall not die, but shall have a part in the performance or work of populating the earth with righteous people, and all these things to the eternal praise of Jehovah and the vindication of his name. Since 1935, Rutherford had been saying that we were in the time "immediately" before Armageddon, and that it would therefore be scriptural to get married and have children either immediately before or immediately after Armageddon. That this meant a matter of only "months" had been made clear, too. This next quote is from the booklet and talk "Universal War Near" from 1935 . . . during the few remaining months until the breaking of that universal cataclysm the powers that rule the nations of the earth will continue to make treaties and tell the people that by such means they will keep that world peace and bring about prosperity. (Universal War Near, 1935, p. 3, 26-27) For a few years, the idea had been that there would be NO winners of a war before Armageddon, because nations would keep a tentative peace through treaties until Armageddon broke out. But this had changed by 1938 (above) and by December 1941 the idea that the totalitarian (axis) powers would win had been around for about three years. But only in December 1941 had the idea been added that the totalitarian, axis powers (the Catholic Vatican Nazi Fascist combine) had managed to take over Belgium, France, and others, but would be ready to compromise and therefore not gain full control of America and Britain, but would manage their "win" through the taking away of freedoms. You'll notice too that the idea of a "new League of Nations" was already in quotes from secular sources. [December 1, 1941 Watchtower, p.357-362] It was no longer a full "military" victory to be expected by the king of the north. But the king of the north would be the one to extend its rule over all the nations of the earth. Note that Rutherford concludes the article the same way. He hasn't really given up on the idea that that totalitarian (Axis) rule would still overrun all the nations of the earth. Only if the totalitarian rule would overrun all the nations of the earth would it be possible for the cry of Peace and Security to come from the "king of the north" rather than the "king of the south." Therefore, it was earlier in the same article where this had been stated (more than once):  
    • When pondering over how to answer you, I realized I have to keep in mind that your own caustic, sweeping attacks against me, can be influenced by your age, and pain that you suffer from. It can be from your experiences throughout your life.  Your relief is found through the organization; its people and its teachings.  So, it is a must that you must defend its rulership and its teachings, no matter if they have proven to be false (rotten – Matt 7:15-20).  It is my purpose to defend God and Christ and Truth.  Books and videos produced by the organization mean nothing if they hold lies. Jesus Christ does not offer something called “truth”, only to be found a few years later that it was a lie.  Men do these things, who have no Holy Spirit within their heart.  “But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.”  1 John 2:27 To say the organization speaks truth is blasphemy against Holy Spirit - the Spirit of God and Jesus. Rev 13:1,5 Jesus sent his first priests, the foundation of the Temple, to preach: The eleven disciples traveled to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had directed them. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped, but some doubted. 18 Jesus came near and said to them, “All authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go, therefore, and make disciples ofall nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Do you see that it was Christ’s priests who were given this commission?  They were to teach and baptize accordingly.  This was their active ministry, one that each anointed is responsible to carry out, down to today.  Who baptizes in the organization?  And who do those who are baptized, dedicate themselves to?     It is only your "priests" who lead you, that say God's priesthood must stop acting as His priests.  In his prayer to God: “ Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. 18 As you sent me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. 19 I sanctify myself for them, so that they also may be sanctified by the truth.”  John 17:17,18 If the anointed are “sanctified” by God’s Truth, and they realize that others are not teaching God’s Truth, their defense should be made for His Word in Christ.  3 For although we live in the flesh, we do not wage war according to the flesh, 4 since the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh , but are powerful through God for the demolition of strongholds. We demolish arguments 5 and every proud thing that is raised up against the knowledge of God, and we take every thought captive to obey Christ.  2 Cor 10:3-5 The apostles taught the “called” ones, how to carry out this will of God. They set the precedence of this mission.  They fulfilled their role as priests during their lifetime.  Therefore I, the prisoner in the Lord, urge you to live worthy of the calling you have received, 2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, 3 making every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope at your calling— 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 one God and Father of all, who is above all and through all and in all. 7 Now grace was given to each one of us according to the measure of Christ’s gift. 8 For it says: When he ascended on high, he took the captives captive; he gave gifts to people. 9 But what does “he ascended” mean except that he also descended to the lower parts of the earth? 10 The one who descended is also the one who ascended far above all the heavens, to fill all things. 11 And he himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers, 12 equipping the saints for the work of ministry, to build up the body of Christ, 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of God’s Son, growing into maturity with a stature measured by Christ’s fullness.  Eph 4:1-13 The anointed in the organization are captivated by a belief system, a “stronghold” that tells them not to carry out their mission as priests.  Each gift that is designated to “Israel’s” priests is now taught as gifts given to “Gentile” elders. (this is in your magazines)  Their mission to preach truth they received, poured  into their hearts upon their anointing, is not used. (Matt 25:1-4,19) They are told they “do not necessarily have more holy spirit than anyone else” (also in your magazines).  This cinches the deal, doesn't it.  Stop being priests and be our slaves to false teachings.  That is essentially what your organization is telling them.  Paul NEVER taught this.  (Rom 6:16) The elders have taken the role of priests instead, apparently “anointed” by men.  (2 Chron 13:9) They have assumed this ministry belongs to them, and not to Christ’s priesthood. Should this role stop simply because men say so?  There is no scripture to indicate that God’s priests must succumb to the wishes of men. ( Ezek 44:6-9) Every faithful priest since the first century, was found faithful for their defense of Truth.  Daniel prophesied that the “fourth Beast”, Revelation’s Beast from the Sea, would “make war” against the saints – against the anointed priesthood. (Rev 13:5-7) This war is not with literal weapons, but with lies spoken against them.  (Rev 16:13,14)  It is a time of rebellion against God’s Temple arrangement in Christ, and is being carried out in your organization.  Rev 11:1,2; 2 Thess 2:3,4 It set itself up to be as great as the commander of the army of the Lord; it took away the daily sacrifice from the Lord, and His sanctuary was thrown down. 12 Because of rebellion, the Lord’s people[a] and the daily sacrifice were given over to it. It prospered in everything it did, and truth was thrown to the ground. This truth that is thrown down, is God’s Truth – “sanctify them by truth, your word is truth”.  It is replaced by false teachings, “demonic expressions” from false “christs” – your leaders who tell the priests they are not to mature, not to gather and bond as one Body in Christ.  (Matt 24:24) To summarize, did anyone tell the first priests of God’s Temple built on the Son of God, that they were not to act as priests? (Matt 16:18,19)   Did the apostles teach them not to gather together and be as one Body under Christ?  Your organization teaches oppression and dark lies against the anointed.  The anointed that I know, who have joined Christ,  now realize the meaning of 1 Pet 2:5-10  As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by humans but chosen by God and precious to him— 5 you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6 For in Scripture it says: “See, I lay a stone in Zion,     a chosen and precious cornerstone, and the one who trusts in him     will never be put to shame.”  Now to you who believe, this stone is precious. But to those who do not believe, “The stone the builders rejected     has become the cornerstone,” 8 and, “A stone that causes people to stumble     and a rock that makes them fall.” They stumble because they disobey the message—which is also what they were destined for. 9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10 Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.”    A priest is to declare truth – God’s Truth, and give Him praise and glory.  And, if the priests, “living stones” are rejected as they are in the organization, so is the chief cornerstone.  They are members of “one Body”.  1 Cor chapter 12