• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies

• Topics

• Does anyone have solid proof of homosexual behavior by these people mentioned? I noticed years ago, the Librarian commented on this subject. Dear Reader, https://www.jw-archive.org/post/84800326628/why-were-leo-greenlees-and-ewart-chitty-forced-to Brother Ewart Chitty resigned in 1979. The reason was never stated officially. There were only ALLEGATIONS of homosexuality that some still refer to.  Brother Leo Greenlees resigned in 1984. Again, no official reason offered. The “gossip” ever since around the internet and elsewhere is that it was due to pedophilic practices. No actual reason was ever officially offered. The reason for such allegations against them is that some point to the article in January 1, 1986 WT article (p. 13), which commented: “Shocking as it is, some who have been prominent in Jehovah’s organization have succumbed to homosexuality and child molesting.” I don’t believe our main article on the Governing Body touched on these points because it is all based on speculation and conjecture." It appears some wife swapping was omitted. *** w86 1/1 p. 13 par. 12 Days Like “the Days of Noah” *** 12 Shocking as it is, even some who have been prominent in Jehovah’s organization have succumbed to immoral practices, including homosexuality, wife swapping, and child molesting. It is to be noted, also, that during the past year, 36,638 individuals had to be disfellowshipped from the Christian congregation, the greater number of them for practicing immorality. Jehovah’s organization must be kept clean! It should be noted, the article above was NOT specifically speaking about the GB individuals mentioned, but the nearly 37,000 individuals that were disfellowshipped for whatever reason such as immoral behavior. Therefore, it is as the Librarian mentioned, just speculation and conjecture if proof is not provided to such allegations. 1975-Ewart C. Chitty of London, England, who is secretary-treasurer of the International Bible Students Association. Leo K. Greenlees was already a GB member when Chitty was appointed to the body. Simply relying on an “anonymous” blogger that presented no evidence but rather compiled ex-witness information (speculation) from apostate sites is not evidence.
    • I don't think he fared "poorly", as after three days of fake comfort anything they had to say was so irrelevant that it was not recorded in Scripture. They just had nothing to say to contribute to his dire circumstances in a positive way, even though that is supposedly why they were there. .... a VERY common phenomenon.
    • There are few things more off-putting than condescension  Not at all. If you negate the upside of something, your sense of proportion goes all awry. There is nothing left to focus on but the downside, and to bang away at it until it seems far more imposing than it truly is. In fact, if you negate the upside, ANY downside becomes intolerable. You have negated the upside. She has not. She knows there is a downside. She knows it is a price well worth paying in view of the upside. She knows that any human being or institution crumbles under relentless accusation. Even Job fared poorly at the hands of his three interrogators.
    • There you go with those pesky assumptions again.  I know this is what you are fed by those in power above you. "All who disagree with what the wt says, must be full of hate and malice towards jws. " It is the classic mantra of those who want to keep you under control. "Do not look behind the curtain!" - the great Oz.  I'll tell you what Arauna, if I were here to spread hate, there would be plenty more of it. The fact of the matter is that you and I are very similar, we both want to open each others eyes.  That's just not true.  I believe that the majority of people are very much capable, but give their reasoning over to others to decide for them, its easier that way for some.  
    • @Anna  I don't think you answered the situation where by a person LEAVES the JW Org because they know about the disgusting things that go on in it, such as Child Sexual Abuse Earthwide. And they know about the false teachings which have been made so clear on this forum. And they do not want to teach lies to members of the public.  What is your opinion then of such a person that leaves the JW Org of their own free will ?  If they are to be treated as a 'tax collector' or a 'person of the nations' then shouldn't JWs talk to them ? Jesus spoke to and ate meals with such ones.    Quote @Anna  " The basics are in the Bible, for anyone to see " But JWs have to obey the GB's / JW Org rules, so your comment doesn't help.