The World News Media

Memorial of the Death of our Lord Jesus Christ

The Librarian

2 hours ago, tromboneck said:

I did not know that Bro. Morris' son was anointed. Now, that is a revelation. Thank you for that!

I didn't know either, until a friend in Bethel told me....

• Views 8.8k
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jehovah's Witnesses commemorate Christ's death as a ransom or "propitiatory sacrifice" by observing the Lord's Evening Meal, or Memorial. They celebrate it once per year, noting that it was instituted

@Cheeto Hi. I'll try to answer your question fairly simply. SIMPLE ANSWER The basic reason is a difference in methods for when an extra lunar month needs to be added. In general every l

As I'm sure you already know, the whole purpose of adding a second Adar is so that Nisan continues to start as closely as possible  to the vernal equinox. (Spring in the Northern Hemisphere.) When the

Posted Images

11 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

However, If I was to take someones' advice on these specific matters, It would be, not from someone who was ALWAYS WRONG about EVERYTHING not specifically stated in the Bible, but someone who was ALWAYS RIGHT about things they published.

You may find it interesting that Sir Isaac Newton was such a man

The time has come to blow this Newton idiot out of the water. The fact is that Brother Newton was ALWAYS WRONG! ALL of the hogwash he handed down to the unwashed has been PROVEN faulty. He has NEVER been RIGHT. He only gave THE APPEARANCE of being right to those who were content to be LED BY THE NOSE!!!!

Brother Einstein has completely exposed what a pathetic simpleton he was. Not only that, he has EXPOSED the DUPES who followed him. MEN of HONOR, who are not afraid to DIE IN THE TRENCHES OF TRUTH have never blindly followed this MAN!!! Thomas Jefferson would have LAUGHED AT HIM!

The GBoS (Governing Body of Science) tries to foist upon HONORABLE MEN the absurdity that Brother Newton and Brother Einstein belong to the overlapping generation of scientists. It is ABSOLUTE HOGWASH designed to keep the ignorant ones IN THEIR CONTROL!!

Brother Einstein, too, will be shown up as the pathetic creature of dust he is, perhaps five, perhaps ten, perhaps more years from now - but he WILL BE SHOWN UP!!!  What? When I am cruising down the highway in my AMC Pacer, I am really standing still, and the whole world is racing past me at 60MPH? Is he nuts?

5 hours ago, tromboneck said:

You state: The way I look at it, since I have no control over ANY of it ... I don't care!  You  MUST care!

Tom:

We are talking about two ENTIRELY different things ... please meditate on what I must have been trying to say in that posting, now that you have that hint.

I am so used to having to read a "million words" that really say nothing of value that I try not to do that ... even when it would help.

Job's three Elder friends sat in front of him for THREE DAYS "consoling" him ( If you have a LOT of money, they will do that ...), and when it was all said and done, they had NOTHING to say .... nothing worth recording in the Scriptures.

NOBODY sits in front of someone for three days and does not talk, even if you are dead.

I do not care about things that are unproven, unsubstantiated, and frankly, made up from clear air FANTASIES.

I enjoy fantasies, and usually keep them in a mental box with tall high walls so they do not get mixed in with reality .... usually labeled "Science Fiction", or just plain "Fiction", etc.

I have a mental room FULL of tall boxes, appropriately "labeled".

5 hours ago, tromboneck said:

Brother here is our situation: (1 Corinthians 13:12, 13) 1 " For now we see in hazy outline by means of a metal mirror, but then it will be face-to-face. At present I know partially, but then I will know accurately, just as I am accurately known. 13 Now, however, these three remain: faith, hope, love; but the greatest of these is love."

I agree with that 100% ... and that is what keeps me going ... but a metal mirror that is heavily scratched up reflects light,  but does not reflect any image, at all .. the light is scattered by the sides of the scratches in all directions.

BECAUSE I know that "At present I know partially, but then I will know accurately, just as I am accurately known. 13 Now, however, these three remain: faith, hope, love; but the greatest of these is love.".

I have concluded that obsession with made up drivel (scratches, and even gouges...) is a waste of the pitifully few hours and minutes of my life that are left ...

... and I agree with the Apostle Paule when he said that love ... is greater than faith and hope. 

About those UNSUBSTANTIATED  things ... I Don't care.

It's called "Living with REALITY!"

Tom Rook

JTR

e5a5aa80da11297a1463addc1a15fd28.jpg

• 5 months later...

After Jesus was arrested, the following morning, the Jews were looking forward to the Passover still as shown in John 18:28. Jesus would not have broken Jewish law  by having Passover a night early with his Disciples for then he would not be perfect but a law breaker. The Feast of Unleavened Bread was started so that is why they were having unleavened bread.  

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.