Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

The Librarian -
Witness -

Top Posters

babblings, I get your point, but the article makes two statements at the same time:
1- In fact, some appointed brothers have beards.  (I, too, have never seen someone on the stage or in a publication, with the exception of character portrayals, with a beard, so I don't know where they are appointed.)

2-  In other cultures or localities, beards are not the custom and are not considered acceptable for Christian ministers. In fact, having one may hinder a brother from bringing glory to God by his dress and grooming and his being irreprehensible. (This would not be the case for anywhere in the USA that I know of.  Beards and the wearing of such are customarily done across this country. Some wear them only during specific times, as in NH where I was living, but now that I'm in TX I see people in beards quite often. So, culture nor locality don't appear to be a factor for a brother living in the US.)

STILL:

P16 state - "Yet, fellow believers will likely note and appreciate ...the satisfaction we have of bringing glory to our loving heavenly Father more than makes up for any inconveniences that we may face to dress so as to glorify him."

I agree with all of your statements djsqueeze. I think that beards are like any other forms of fashion. Some brothers like a beard some don't. Just like some brothers don't wear pink shirts. Or some don't like bowties. Or certain people don't like certain haircuts. It's all opinion based. It's not necessarily something that is bringing reproach upon jehovahs name or detracting from our message. But so many are set in their ways about beards I think it'll be hard for them to accept it. I'm in Ohio and already 3 brothers here wear a beard but brothers do not like it. And won't let them do anything or give part on school. So I guess time will tell. 

I know a brother in Europe, who is an elder and has a beard. And I know several brothers who are serving as ministerial Servants and have beards.

Ultimately in the USA it will be up to the local elders to decide whether a beard is acceptable in their area or not. When the WT came out last May, our CO said that come end of the year, he expects many brothers (in the US) will be sporting a beard.  I am fine with that, as long as as sisters don't start that trend too :D

Just now, Anna said:

I know a brother in Europe, who is an elder and has a beard. He conducts the WT study. And I know several brothers who are serving as ministerial Servants and have beards.

Ultimately in the USA it will be up to the local elders to decide whether a beard is acceptable in their area or not. When the WT came out last May, our CO said that come end of the year, he expects many brothers (in the US) will be sporting a beard.  I am fine with that, as long as as sisters don't start that trend too :D

37 minutes ago, Anna said:

I know a brother in Europe, who is an elder and has a beard. And I know several brothers who are serving as ministerial Servants and have beards.

Hahaha.....   thats  nice  and  funny xD

Anna that's awesome. The only problem is so many are not open to the idea so the first few of us that start to grow beards are looked at strangely. I don't wish to stumble any but at the same time not sure how a beard would cause that. Brother Lett in his morning worship talk even mentioned that growing a beard is our choice just like a sister wearing makeup. But if it will stumble others we should be careful to exercise that choice. I have a beard that is trimmed right now and oh boy not many like it. Lol

I see exactly what you are saying Allensmith. But beards are ok. Brother Lett even mentioned that for a brother to wear a beard is a personal choice just as it is for a sister to wear makeup. This is newer information. And our sept 2016 watchtower addresses it as well. In the US it is custom for many to wear beards as is in most other countries and many brothers in the US have neatly trimmed beards it's a matter of time before a lot more also have them. It's a personal preference decision right now. And that's it. 

I don't think it's New Light necessarily but rather a change in thinking. In past most brothers were clean shaven. But after a lot of the international conventions recently where brothers from other areas had beards and a lot of one's in areas that didn't saw this the society did a little CLARIFYING of the topic on beards. Many still do not agree with it. But it is a personal decision each one has to make. 

• Similar Content

• By Queen Esther
      The  CO - class,  learning  in  a  course  in  Bethel  *Mill  Hill*  -
      Left  side  first  is  GB  Brother  Barba !   A  friend-sister  met  him  by  a  New york  Bethel  visit,   she  got  alot  pictures
      That  picture  is  from  the  past  ~  Bro. Barba  is  now  in  Heaven  by  the  others  from  NY.
    • By The Librarian
      except for the sister of course... LOL...
    • By Jack Ryan
      Beards and Special Privileges

https://we.tl/QoXBKLTp4L

via @Atlantis4

• By Queen Esther
      BEARD ?       
      In your region as seen?  We will be reading them  -
      ( photo @ antonito36 )
      ( for  Germany  its  too  much...  not  allowed )    And  in  your  region,  country ?
    • By TrueTomHarley
      I knew Seth Sheepngoats would pull something like this, I knew it! The tip-off should have been when I saw him go into that costume shop.
      He arrived at the Kingdom Hall just like anyone else yesterday. But halfway through the Watchtower Study, he reached into his bag and tied something behind his neck.
      When he emerged, it was with a huge, magnificent Santa Claus beard!
      He is such an idiot!

• By The Librarian
      JW’s are now allowed to have beards and publicly preach. This photo is from the Ukraine. No word yet on the use of man buns. :-)
      Via
    • By James Thomas Rook Jr.
      This continuous, never-ending global controversy has been going on since the 1960's, that I am aware of personally, and even before, when Judge Rutherford PERSONALLY forbade beards among Jehovah's witnesses, with the possible exception of post-menopausel Sisters .... and the Society has never definitively stated ANYTHING. 
      With my usual lack of humor I present the Draft Copy of the December 2016 issue of the Watchtower which showed a Brother shaving on the cover ... it was changed before being distributed, because the Brothers responsible for the VERY GOOD and accurate article ... disappeared mysteriously.
      After you save the file to your hard drive, from the TOOL BAR, be sure to set your ADOBE PDF reader under VIEW to "Reading Mode" and under ZOOM,  "Fit Page" to read it.
      Dec 2016 Watchtower draft article .pdf

• By Jack Ryan
      An official Austria Watchtower delegation meeting with government and religion leaders of that country.

What was the job title of Walter SchneeweiB?
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Leander H. McNelly
    Newest Member
    Leander H. McNelly

• Topics

• So at family worship my PIMI husband was talking about baptism with my son. He asked him when he would like to get baptized and my son said “Dad I’m not in any rush. Jesus was 29 when he got baptized”. I did not coach him or teach him this. I was just so thrilled that he is thinking more for himself and using logic. Also, what the hell was Jesus doing from age 10-30 before his ministry anyways? But dont think about Jesus getting himself and his family financially secured for 10 years before spending 3 preaching... that is thinking that is not tolerated by the borg!
    • Not necessarily.  As a "good" elder's wife, I didn't know it existed since I never looked into his briefcase; and as a "good" elder, he never told me it existed.   "Covert" -  hidden or secret, such as covert military operations. "Extremism" - the fact of someone having beliefs that most people think are unreasonable and unacceptable, such as religious extremism. Yes, I would call it,  covert extremism.   -----------------------   Keeping in mind that the organization has among its members an authentic priesthood appointed by God, (1 Pet 2:5,9)  who are “represented”/replaced by men appointed by men, Pearl Doxsey, an anointed woman, posted the following just yesterday, and it fits well with this topic.  To all readers here, please, don’t just read it and not look up the scriptures.  God’s Word reveals what we face today in the organization.  I work to expose "Jehovah's Witnesses", by exposing the false doctrine produced by their leaders. This I do through a comparison of their doctrine, to the very Bible they claim to be guided by. In this post, I will offer scriptures that shed light on the office of "elder", and how that office is defined by the WT, as a station by holy spirit, authorizing an "elder" to render judgment over others. Many JWs and exJWs have observed injustice in that arrangement. This is because the WT's arrangement, authority, and power of their "elders" is exposed as a lie, according to scripture and prophecy. The only ones sanctioned by Jesus as judges, were those chosen to fill the office of priest (John20:21-23). If God's chosen priests (being both men and women) were not trampled and stripped of power, replaced by Gentile "elders" who have no real divine authority (1Cor.3:17; Matt.24:15; 2Thess.2:4; Luke21:24; Rev.13:10,7; 11:2; Isa.28:7; Matt.24:49)....... .......then the judgments being rendered by those whom Jesus did give authority to judge, would be very different (John20:21-23; 1Cor.6:2) from those passed by "elders" today. There would be no tolerance of pedophiles, domestic abuse, or shunning of sheep. [Shunning was to be limited to those "called a brother" of Christ.... anointed, who fall into an alliance with the Devil.] 1 Corinthians 5:11; Rev.2:20; 17:6; Luke12:45 Yet this replacement of God's priests by the Gentile "man of lawlessness", was prophesied to happen. How? Scripture tells us, that the false prophet "breathes" into the image of the Beast (organization) so that it appears spirit-directed/(breath-infused), and authorized to condemn to death, any who refuse to worship that image (Rev.13:11,14-15; 19:20). Jesus mentioned the "disgusting thing standing in the holy place". It is in plain sight... but as Jesus said, "Let the reader use discernment/perception/understanding" (Matt.24:15; Mark13:14; Eze.36:8). Articles:  “Jew or Gentile” "Trample" - How does it happen? 4womaninthewilderness blogspot              
    • Oh?  And you have moved beyond the limits of the flesh to speak, not just things that you believe to be true, but things that ARE true? Next thing you know, you will be joining Witness in claiming to be the “true” anointed
    • :))) you are not a person who speaks things that are not true ...... only things you believe it is true, but you claiming funny thing with this.  Please go to JW library, link below, and you will not find nothing about this elder's book, or pioneer's book ....they don't exist for public.  https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/lv/r1/lp-e/0/56506  
    • Everybody knows the book exists. Pioneer service school also has a book not for general distribution. Everybody knows it exists. They either know of it specifically or they know of it in the ’Well.....duh!’ sense that they know that any training of any class of any subject in any discipline just may feature a curriculum and textbook not for general distribution. It is not a conspiracy. The world is not flat. GM did not invent a 100 mile per gallon carburetor that they have sat upon for umpteen years.
    • @James Thomas Rook Jr. I believe this 'Rule Book' shifts the goal posts quite often, with updates on certain matters.  Also as you say it is Elder's eyes only. So how do the congregants know proper the 'rules' then ?  Surely each Elder could 'translate' the rules according to His own needs.  And as you say 'Most JWs don't even know about that book.  What does that show ? It shows that congregants are naive and blindly follow the words of the Elders.  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Separate comment  @Srecko Sostar John 10:16 Jesus said :- "I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd." So there are two folds it seems. A fold can be a hollow in the ground, or a group of people.  I always thought a 'fold' was a fenced area in a field or farm yard.  My point is that i think the Greek scriptures are for the Anointed to follow more closely. The Anointed are in one fold, the earthly class in a different fold. But are one flock because they follow the one shepherd, Jesus Christ. However, i think God and Christ demand much more from the Anointed because this is the testing ground of the Anointed, here and now.  The earthly class will get a thousand years to grow back to perfection, and then a final test. 
  • Popular Now