The World News Media

New Light! - Beards are now ok.

The Librarian

1 hour ago, djsqueeze said:

Bros. n Sis. 

Please be careful responding to Eoin Joyce. Prior comments and posts appear to have apostate leanings.

Oh I see, so you are one of these vigilante brothers/sisters who thinks that no one else can see or understand anything as well as they can. Well you are actually completely wrong about Eoin. Please get your facts right before you judge someone adversely. I can private message you a list of who are the apostates or have apostate leanings on this forum, and Eoin Joyce isn't one of them.

Proverbs 13:18

• Views 14.5k
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From latest WT Study Edition This should cause some interesting showdowns in congregations all over the United States. LOL   Which reminded me of this comical infographic:

After having left Jehovah for almost 20yrs, I gave my first talk with a full beard in Teaneck, NJ.  As an unbaptized publisher I did not shave my beard and went out in service.  (I had come from NH an

Hahaha....  I  knew  it,  I  knew  it  ;-))    My  post  about  that  was  OK... Thank  you, dear  Librarian !  I  believe,  we  still  get  more & more new light !

Posted Images

2 hours ago, djsqueeze said:

Bros. n Sis. 

Please be careful responding to Eoin Joyce. Prior comments and posts appear to have apostate leanings.

This posting could be taken as offensive and/or immature. I can see from your comments about beards that you are only just getting on your feet again so I'll stick with the latter and overlook it.

Proverbs 12:18 would be a useful addition to your "equipment", as would the prayer at Ps 17:5. :)

7 hours ago, Anna said:

Oh I see, so you are one of these vigilante brothers/sisters who thinks that no one else can see or understand anything as well as they can. Well you are actually completely wrong about Eoin. Please get your facts right before you judge someone adversely. I can private message you a list of who are the apostates or have apostate leanings on this forum, and Eoin Joyce isn't one of them.

Proverbs 13:18

Ooops! I realized I'd inverted the scripture. (I have number dyslexia :D) it's Proverbs 18:13. Oh the imperfection. But the other scripture is good too :) 

• 3 months later...

This continuous, never-ending global controversy has been going on since the 1960's, that I am aware of personally, and even before, when Judge Rutherford PERSONALLY forbade beards among Jehovah's witnesses, with the possible exception of post-menopausel Sisters .... and the Society has never definitively stated ANYTHING. 

With my usual lack of humor I present the Draft Copy of the December 2016 issue of the Watchtower which showed a Brother shaving on the cover ... it was changed before being distributed, because the Brothers responsible for the VERY GOOD and accurate article ... disappeared mysteriously.

After you save the file to your hard drive, from the TOOL BAR, be sure to set your ADOBE PDF reader under VIEW to "Reading Mode" and under ZOOM,  "Fit Page" to read it.

Dec 2016 Watchtower draft article .pdf

DJSQUEEZE:

You have real talent there!  Your comment:

" LOL ? ? ?

You couldn't be further from the truth, pun intended.

IF you're offended, I  apologize. but note: 

I made no definitive statement(s). "

.... may be grammatically technically true but it projects your OPINION that you have already judged Eoin to be an apostate, which is why you were issuing the warning, albeit the warning having NO BASIS IN ACTUAL FACT.

Such things are how witch-hunts begin ... casting suspicions without a CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER.

.... and then trying to weasel-word out of your self made trap .... sigh......

13 Fractions Permitted .jpg

Pogo .jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.