The Prodigal Returns

The Librarian

• 2 years later...

• Views 534
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Literally the only reason he returned is because he ran out of money, not because he was sorry about his actions.

The one thing I like to ask is what would have happened if the son didn't squander his inheritance but made smart business decisions and only visited his family when he wanted to without shame. Would he be shunned?

My family are several religions so growing up in that environment has a bearing on how one might treat a family member who went and did his own thing for a while. He was treated far more compassionately than we might do so in my country, which felt light compared to here. Here the emphasis is more on the clean out than the saving bit. But in saying that the bros have come to believe they are one and the same thing. So here, a baptised son who moved away and had a "single" sexual experience with someone might be disfellowshipped or publically reproved. But a single act is very different from a sustained practice. Even still, he really set himself up good! Every step of the way inching toward it lol Like the proverbial "he went like a bull to the slaughter". But you have to have compassion for us really, we humans are just so predictable lol

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.