The World News Media

Brit tourist, 21, dies in freak quad bike accident on holiday in Turkey after being forced off the road by tailgaters

Guest Nicole

Guest Nicole

Amarna had lived in Turkey for six months while working as a wedding planner and had always begged her family to come over.

Her mum said: "She had wanted the entire family to go out there, but I never thought it would be under these circumstances.

"She knew all of the locals and they are coming up to me in the street and saying it feels like they have lost a sister.

"Nothing will make this better but it helps knowing how well-loved she is.

"I know she is my daughter and I'm going to be biased but some people are just that little bit different and special.

"She was kind-hearted and friendly. She was so strong and I'd like to think her strength is going to live on through us."

Amarna and Jakadi had been on a one-week holiday and were due to fly home last Wednesday.

Amarna, who has four sisters - Kyanne, 12, lvladison, six, and two-year-old twins Ada and Lylah - had just set up a health business with her mum before the trip.

They were driving behind two lorries when cars became agitated at them because they were driving at 25mph, so they pulled over.

Step-dad Craig Baumber, 33, said: "As far as we know, they pulled into the country's equivalent of the hard shoulder to let the cars pass but they ended up running out of road and going 'down a verge."

Amarna was already unconscious when medics arrived and pronounced dead at the scene.

The family have set-up fundraising page on JustGiving to help with the cost of bringing Armana's body home and her funeral.

They are also raising money to pay for a flight for Jakadi when she is able to lay flat, and have already amassed £8,000.

Craig, who is also a singer, added: "We do not know how much it's going to cost but it's already in the thousands.

"I tried to put a modest target of £3,000 and we've already passed that.

"Any extra will go towards giving her the best send off she could possibly have."

Dozens of family members and friends have also paid tribute to Armana on her Facebook page.

Cousin Shana-Louise Smalley, who studies photography at New College Nottingham, said: "Being told that my beautiful, sweet and kind-hearted cousin had suffered an accident on holiday in Turkey and had sadly passed away broke my heart into a million pieces.

''It hurts so much knowing I will never see her beautiful smile or hear her infectious laugh again.

"I will never be able to sit with her and laugh until I cry and listen to her tell me about all of the amazing things she is going to do and the funny things she's already done.

"You were my rock all through school and my life will never be the same without you."

And friend Ess Pree commented and said: "So beautiful. So full of life, so full of ambition, so much to offer the world.

"This isn't real, I refuse to believe it. You was an angel before you left us."

Source: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/7178600/Brit-tourist-21-dies-in-freak-quad-bike-accident-on-holiday-in-Turkey-after-being-forced-off-the-road-by-tailgaters.html

SWNS_QUAD_DEATH_05_2892585a.jpg

• Views 2k
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.