The World News Media

I hope the disfellowshipped ones do not attend the Memorial

Jack Ryan

It makes me feel odd to invite tons of worldly people who are obviously fornicators and idolaters and then not be able to even show a little love such as a "hello" to a disfellowshipped brother or sister.

Does not compute mentally. Just sayin'

We should make the Memorial for baptized, active, approved members of JW.org in secret locations only. Less stress for me.

Jesus did not die for thier sins since they unrepentant and subsequently disfellowshipped.

How do you handle the disfellowshipped at the Memorial?

• Views 3.3k
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually, we want the opposite. A letter was sent out to the BOE's almost two months ago. The elders were instructed to contact all Da's Df'ed and Faders to invite them to Memorial and also leave with

Fact is active jehovahs witnesses love seeing disfellowshipped ones. They love looking down on them from a high seat of judgement and prejudice. Regarding another human as "lesser than" is how afraid

This interesting comment indicates that the person who is doing the shunning also feels uncomfortable doing it. Many of us know how psychologically damaging it is for the 'shunnee,' but I think we for

Actually, we want the opposite. A letter was sent out to the BOE's almost two months ago. The elders were instructed to contact all Da's Df'ed and Faders to invite them to Memorial and also leave with them a copy of Return to Jehovah.

Try to let love motivate your actions .

As for their unrepentance, let Jesus be the final Judge.

Our current JW.org policy says we should continue to not acknowledge their presence once they do show up. I can see where that might confuse you. However it is good for them to not forget the love from which they have been banned. 

oh... and not ALL worldly people are fornicators and idolaters. just sayin'

Fact is active jehovahs witnesses love seeing disfellowshipped ones. They love looking down on them from a high seat of judgement and prejudice. Regarding another human as "lesser than" is how afraid people feel empowered. All prejudice based groups embrace similar practices.

Jay ................you have got to be the most insensitive, un-Christian excuse for a JW I have encountered - Who the hell gave you the right to be Judge ! How UNSCRIPTURAL !

James 4:11-12 Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. 12 There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbour? (ESV)

“Do to others what you would have them do to you” (Matthew 7:12).

“For he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors” (Isaiah 53:12)

“‘Then neither do I condemn you,’ Jesus declared. ‘Go now and leave your life of sin’” (John 8:11).

Jesus was accused for His insistence on connecting with sinners, tax collectors, and Gentiles. He remained focused on God’s will for His earthly ministry without missing opportunities to show love and kindness to those on the outside. We are His disciples when we interact with loving kindness and gentleness minus a judgmental attitude.

Oh....................I forgot .......Jay ................you are a disciple of the JW. ORG ...............Sorry ! My mistake !

On 3/5/2016 at 11:02 PM, Jay Witness said:

We should make the Memorial for baptized, active, approved members of JW.org in secret locations only. Less stress for me.

This interesting comment indicates that the person who is doing the shunning also feels uncomfortable doing it. Many of us know how psychologically damaging it is for the 'shunnee,' but I think we forget how damaging it also is for the 'shunner.'

"If you think giving someone the cold shoulder inflicts pain only on them, beware. A new study shows that individuals who deliberately shun another person are equally distressed by the experience." - https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/03/130305080452.htm

On 3/5/2016 at 11:02 PM, Jay Witness said:

Jesus did not die for thier sins since they unrepentant and subsequently disfellowshipped.

This presupposes that the elders who chose to disfellowship saw into the sinner's heart perfectly and made a perfect decision. It also presupposes that a disfellowshipped person can never be redeemed. Somehow I don't think you really believe that. ;)

• 1 year later...

I personally do not care if the Memorial is attended by the entire group of characters from the "Star Wars" Cantina scene, straight from the bowels of Mos Isley Spaceport ... where they were judged by Obi Wan ("Old Ben") Kanobi as "a wretched hive of scum, and villainy" ... certainly more reprehensible than your average disfellowshipped person.

...as long as they behave themselves, be polite and respectful ... and keep their blasters and laser pistols and odd light sabres holstered.

On 3/8/2016 at 09:16, Gone Fishing said:

embarrassing interaction.

!? 

when prodigal son spent all money, then he recalled how it is good in his father's home, and all comfort/luxury and food are there. Father not asked him nothing about repentance and change of behaviour !! He accepted sons words and not asking nothing and not "investigate" about truthfulness and sincerity and change of attitude or about his motives!!    

Bible report say nothing about these and similar "details" that are very important to elders and JW members under influence of elders rules. Did he/she repentant "enough" and is "that sort "of repentance sufficiently visible to imperfect man/judges who will be able, by that outside picture, to make decisions does he /she "embarrassing" - who or whom or not. :)     

On 3/6/2016 at 00:29, The Librarian said:

we should continue to not acknowledge their presence

!? perfect imitating of father's love :) 

5 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

He accepted sons words and not asking nothing and not "investigate" about truthfulness and sincerity and change of attitude or about his motives!!    

Bible report say nothing about these

Me think we not on same planet???***!!!

Luke 15:21
Then the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy of being called your son.’

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.