The World News Media

Photo of 157 - 159 Furman Street

DLL

Working on a study project about 124 Columbia Heights.  In 1911 an addition was built to the rear of 124 that extended down to Furman Street.  Publications state that this was 9 stories high.  The top portion can be seen in a few photos that show 1911 124 Building.  I attached one of those here too. Around 1948 when the BQE was constructed much of what was on Furman Street was razed and we were left with only about the top 4 floors of this 1911 building that remain until today. I have searched for hours online to find a picture of Old Furman Street, but only found a couple looking down Furman from quite a distance.  I attached one so you get an idea of what I'm looking for. I think our building may be in the general vicinity of the tall building to the left that has a watertower on or near it. Does anyone have a  photo that shows this addition from 157 - 159 Furman?

East Furman St Before the BQE.jpg

124 1911 Addition.jpg

• Views 249
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Popular Posts

Working on a study project about 124 Columbia Heights.  In 1911 an addition was built to the rear of 124 that extended down to Furman Street.  Publications state that this was 9 stories high.  The top

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.