The World News Media

Non-JW's Will Also Live in Paradise

Jack Ryan

Worldly Actress in JW.ORG's "Paradise" Video

Those who have learned that the “Paradise” video’s soundtrack “Eternal Flame” is from AudioMachine’s 2012 “Epica” Album will probably not be surprised to learn that many of the video’s scenes are ‘stock’ footage, widely available on the Internet.

Among a number of stunning ‘nature’ clips used in the video are:

a magnificent green garden available from Getty Images -
Image1246.png
http://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/video/tracking-shot-exploring-a-green-flowered-country-stock-video-footage/454397139

as well as “GoodOlga’s”  breath-taking waterfall video from New Zealand that can be purchased from Pond5 -
Image1250.png

https://www.pond5.com/stock-footage/10898922/close-approach-waterfall-boat.html

Perhaps the biggest give-away that the video was generously peppered with worldly content was the young girl running through the wheat field to hand Sergei his beloved violin. Turns out a videographer named Dzmitry Andreyeu (UZHursky) holds the copyright:

Image1254.png

http://depositphotos.com/63621499/stock-video-violinist-girl-walking-through-a.html

Probably you noticed it immediately too!  After all, we’ve been hearing a lot about Spanx and tight pants for a while now….and her dress… just too short… and that somewhat…. ‘transparent’ material….well just doesn’t seem appropriate….even for “Paradise.”

Now I know there’s been a lot of discussion about the relevancy of types and antitypes of late, but the question many are wondering about now is:

Does the @The Librarian believe Sergei’s young companion could represent the “Gibeonite” or “Nethinim” class (Joshua 9:26,27)?

• Views 6.5k
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Jay Witness The Nethinim class antitype applies to the helpers of the Governing Body who are not of the Anointed Ones. (144,000) This new understanding came about around 1992. I believe Anthony

When asked during the Aust Royal Commission, if the members of the Governing Body consider themselves to be God's spokesperson on earth, Geoff Jackson said, "That would be presumptuous of us" Ind

I would be inclined to agree with Thinking.. Br. Jackson was in a rather precarious position. He had to be very careful and diplomatic in order not to make us appear presumptuous and haughty. As

Posted Images

@Jay Witness The Nethinim class antitype applies to the helpers of the Governing Body who are not of the Anointed Ones. (144,000)

This new understanding came about around 1992. I believe Anthony Morris III proposed that article which was eventually published in The Watchtower.

As for some "Worldly" people (a term we try not to use in public) being the Nethinim class in "Paradise"... I guess we will just have to wait and see.

I, for one, would be excited to now that billions of people would be allowed to live in the new theocracy rather than be destroyed.

Maybe this will be part of the upcoming "New Scrolls"?

As for the Gibeonites, ... well.... that is a whole other question I will have to tackle later. ;-)

I'm  very  sure,  we  shall  see  alot  of  Non - JW's  in  the  NW,  bec. it  does  give  different  reasons  for  that !  And  we're  also  very  wondering,  bec.  many  JW  are  not  there,  sorry......   Jehovah  will  first  watching  and  judge  all  our  hearts  and  our  doings. Then,  maybe,  we  get  our  biggest  chance  and  gift !  We  got  so  often  *New light*.....   Librarian,  I  love  your  sentence...

I  guess,  we  will  just  have  to  wait  and  see  ;o)

We  get  some  *New  Scrolls*  too,  then  many  questions  will  have  answers !

When asked during the Aust Royal Commission, if the members of the Governing Body consider themselves to be God's spokesperson on earth, Geoff Jackson said, "That would be presumptuous of us"

Indicating that perhaps Jehovah's Witnesses are not necessarily the only ones who recognize the TRUTH written in the bible.

There are obviously many not yet contacted through witnessing and more born every minute, whose heart only Jehovah can read.

Some of the comment above is pretty erratic to me.

Will there be non-JWs in the New World? Of course there will!! Probably billions if we are to believe what the Bible says about the resurrection. Will they stay non-JWs once they are resurrected? Of course not. Psalm 150:6  "Every breathing thing - let it praise Jah. Praise Jah!"

However, will non-JWs survive Armageddon? Well, I haven't seen a clear statement on that, even in the small print, so having personally understood at least the basics of Jesus' warnings about the coming end of this system of things, I'm not going to take any chances on that one for my self anyway.

Why the shock over using non-JW sources for pictures, music, clips? Surprise maybe I would expect if it's a new approach (although the literature has been using stock images for years). I can't see any problem with it at all as long as copyright is respected.

Let's be honest, one of the basic tools of communication we use which is verbal language, is borrowed, stolen, inherited, absorbed, and no one blinks at all except brand owners or strap-line originators. (Lyric theft is a whole separate subject). No one serving Jehovah complains that language with all it's idiom, metaphor etc. has "worldly" origin as long as it is used within the parameters laid out in scripture.

As for diaphanous garb? Well, for those like me with 20/20 vision or less surely it's a bit of a stretch, although imagination is well-known for playing tricks with what people think they actually see. (Thanks @Jay Witnesses for sourcing out these bits and pieces however. Most interesting).

Depictions of paradise will always reflect the cultural background and tastes of the creators. Some may view certain elements as a bit "cheesy", others as lacking "diversity". Then there are those who ask all sorts of technical questions based on small details, forgetting that these are just imaginative suggestions. However, we have come on leaps and bounds from some of the earlier attempts I remember. (e.g the first one I saw is below).

Lets not forget the basic message in these paradise illustrations regardless of the media, that "soon, all earth's woes will be past!" (I'm sure that phrase is borrowed from somewhere!...)

Paradise.jpg

• 3 years later...

will non-JWs survive Armageddon? 

When asked during the Australian Royal Commission, if the members of the Governing Body consider themselves to be God's spokesperson on earth, Geoff Jackson said, "That would be presumptuous of us"

Indicating that perhaps Jehovah's Witnesses are not necessarily the only ones who recognize the TRUTH written in the bible.

Well here at Mark 9 v 38 to 41 we have this conversation between Jesus and John. 

John said to him: “Teacher, we saw someone expelling demons by using your name, and we tried to prevent him, because he was not following us.” 39  But Jesus said: “Do not try to prevent him, for there is no one who will do a powerful work on the basis of my name who will quickly be able to say anything bad about me. 40  For whoever is not against us is for us. 41  And whoever gives you a cup of water to drink because you belong to Christ, I tell you truly, he will by no means lose his reward.

There are a few points to learn from in this scripture :-

1. It shows that Jesus allowed others, apart from those HE had sent out, to do powerful works in HIS name. 

2. Those ones doing the 'powerful works' must have had the approval of Jesus and God because they were receiving Holy spirit to do such works.

3. Jesus said whoever is not against us is for us. And I think only those who are fighting against Jesus and God's will, are the ones that will be destroyed at Armageddon. 

4. v 41 Is very powerful and tells us what we need to know. It makes no mention of belonging to a specific religion. 

Maybe the GB and JW Org are too self confident. Maybe JW Org will not even exist when Judgement Day arrives. 

Wow! Trying to revive a 2016 topic.

Try understanding the ARC transcript. Yes! The righteous and unrighteous will be resurrected, Judgement day will have a separation between the sheep and goats. So, NO! Non-JW’s ( not God’s People) as it stands now cannot be considered the (righteous)

Non-JW’s as it stands now will be considered the (Goats). There is no justification and excuse on someone’s personal action and behavior. You either serve G-d the right way or you don’t. Jesus spoke of unity.

Who is your church or do you consider like “witness” the church is the open air? Therefore, no need to seek those with the same faith.

Will there be others following the example of the Watchtower and proclaim the good news as directed by Jesus in scripture, with everything else involved by keeping the congregation clean? Then, you would think they would be Witness like serving in the same capacity as the Watchtower.

I have NOT seen another organization doing that yet!

11 minutes ago, Leander H. McNelly said:

Will there be others following the example of the Watchtower and proclaim the good news as directed by Jesus in scripture, with everything else involved by keeping the congregation clean? Then, you would think they would be Witness like serving in the same capacity as the Watchtower.

I have NOT seen another organization doing that yet!

There are many individuals or organisations that are preaching the Good News.

2 hours ago, Baruq JW said:

There are many individuals or organisations that are preaching the Good News.

Yes! But not to the extant, of satisfying bible principles by glorifying God instead of venerating Christ. Like I said, I have NOT seen another organization doing that yet! Even the Bible Students do that. But where is the true preaching work as implemented by the first century standards.

Christians that look upon the cross as a symbol are not teaching fine works.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.