The World News Media

24 YEAR OLD BETHELITE WOMAN RECENTLY DISFELLOWSHIPPED FOR APOSTASY COMMITS SUICIDE!

Jack Ryan

@James Thomas Rook Jr. Hebrews 10:26-29 explains further: "For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left  but there is a certain fearful expectation of judgment and a burning indignation that is going to consume those in opposition.  Anyone who has disregarded the Law of Moses dies without compassion on the testimony of two or three. How much greater punishment do you think a person will deserve who has trampled on the Son of God and who has regarded as of ordinary value the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and who has outraged the spirit of undeserved kindness with contempt?"

And 2 Peter 2: 20-22:  "Certainly if after escaping from the defilements of the world by an accurate knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they get involved again with these very things and are overcome, their final state has become worse for them than the first. It would have been better for them not to have accurately known the path of righteousness than after knowing it to turn away from the holy commandment they had received. What the true proverb says has happened to them: “The dog has returned to its own vomit, and the sow that was bathed to rolling in the mire.”

Self explanatory I would say

• Views 22.2k
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So true. It's hard to imagine what kind of "spirituality" can live alongside certain kinds of sin and certain kinds of personalities. Most people go into the various Bethel branches, at about age

Unfortunately, that wasn't just true back in the '80's. I have seen the same thing and so have others - and it's not just true of NY Bethel. The trick for those of us who have lived through and seen t

It is one thing to speak frankly and honestly (rather than live in "pretend world") while also contributing to the spiritual welfare of our brothers and sisters. Some of our brothers and sisters in fa

Posted Images

Okay, big boy, @James Thomas Rook Jr.have it your way.

Your question was more ridiculous than usual because it completely misses the thrust of Paul's statement. 'If you've been enlightened and have tasted, then have fallen away, it is impossible to move to repentance' is his statement. Was he wrong?

He then goes on to illustrate his point, using the words you quoted as though it was his main idea. 

Ask HIM what he meant. It's a side point, anyway.

Context?

We have about six discussions bouncing around now.

12 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

, .... because they nail the Son of God to the stake again for themselves and expose him to public shame."

In case you have lost track wandering around Booger's Woods ... THIS was what I was asking about ... merely asking for some real life, contemporary examples.

It's like pulling teeth with a screwdriver!

Guest J.R. Ewing
25 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

What does that even mean?

It's gobbledegook ... and has no meaning whatsoever.

I'm just following your example B|

27 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

And there is a difference between a working assumption, curiosity,  and belief

I see you accepted the quest to learn!:D:D

Guest J.R. Ewing
47 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

"Openly consort to believe"?

47 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

What does that even mean?

It's gobbledegook ... and has no meaning whatsoever.

If English is not your first language? And have difficulty understanding? Please reference an English dictionary or search on the internet.

Openly: without concealment, deception, or prevarication, especially where these might be expected; frankly or honestly.

Consort: 1. habitually associate with (someone), typically with the disapproval of others.

To: expressing motion in the direction of (a particular location).

Believe: 1. accept (something) as true; feel sure of the truth of.

2. hold (something) as an opinion; think or suppose.

10 hours ago, J.R. Ewing said:

And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.

I like this, even if I perceive I am among those being reproved. 

The internet is inherently a farce for anything other than dull subjects that evoke no passion. A truly thoughtful remark can be given, followed by the tirade of a complete moron who nonetheless has equal weight. Many branches are represented here, and each branch has sub-branches. Not everyone is 'able to teach' (counsel that was not given to newbies, but to Timothy and by extension those of his spiritual stature and those who would aspire to be but are far from there yet) but all one has to do to claim that right (to teach) here is to show up. Within each branch, some persons are thoughtful and considerate, and some are dogmatic and disrespectful. Adding to the confusion is that people do not necessarily represent themselves honestly, and you never actually know who's who.

One hasn't a clue as to who anyone is other than by scrutinizing their comments, and how many will take the time to do that? Some are here for precisely that reason. Some are here for diversion. Some for a lark. Some to pontificate. Some to build up. Some to tear down. Some to console. Some to provide reason one must be consoled. Some to mix metaphors and references. (Some to offer a time for peace - I swear it's not too late).One person deliberately chooses such a confusing muddle so that he may bare his soul without triggering the response he might get in a more undiluted setting.

The sum total is that this is a comedy. That does not mean that some weighty insights cannot be gleaned here, but the overall tone is not something of a wholesome spiritual diet. There is no spiritual food here. Everyone has their own reason for being here and nobody thinks that they are adding to the Bible canon (well - I suspect some do). Sometimes I like to make serious commentary. Sometimes I like to brawl. Sometimes I like to make jokes. At all times, I am a unpaid slave to @The Librarian, who makes me stack boring books at her stupid library (and I always hated to read).  It is a slice of life here and life is often erratic. If you want serious spiritual instruction, hit the books of someone upon whom you can rely. Here is a discussion forum with a riotous mix of participants. It may occasionally take the form of a serious commentary on spiritual matters, but it will not consistently do so.

Christianity is one of the greatest discussion themes of all time, and battling apostates one of the greatest sub-themes of all time. First century Bible writers were obsessed with it, even Jesus in John 10 and elsewhere. Therefore, whoever would assume the mantle of first-century Christianity must also have quality apostates, and none are better than ours. Ours are the most prolific. Ours are the most vitriolic. I am proud of them. The Presbyterians represent true Christianity today? Are you joking? With those namby-pamby 'apostates' of theirs? We've got the best apostates, and paradoxically, I take them as an indication that Jehovah's Witnesses have the truth, for the early Christian community was similarly infested with apostates - and largely for the same reason: people refused to take instruction and submit to discipline. They resisted any efforts to 'impose morality.' They were contemptuous of authority.

A faith too bland to produce quality apostates is too bland to be given the time of day.

10 hours ago, J.R. Ewing said:

The website owner seems not to give equal opportunity for someone who is willing to expose those types of comments that become, a misleading message for the Watchtower.

The website owner also looms as a mysterious figure who may be spiritually minded or may not know spirit from a whorehouse. For the most part, I think he sits back and shakes his head at his good luck in attracting such a vociferous rabble to his website.

That's TWICE you have mentioned "whorehouse" in your posts, that I am aware of, TTH .... aiming your comment at nebulous "others".

..and added to your penchant for vulgarity when describing excrement, and worrying about my toilet functioning correctly, makes me wonder about you, TTH.

You may want to check your belly-button for impacted lint.

Here in the South (North Carolina, etc.) , you can excoriate someone with no insult intended, if you close the blistering sentence with "... bless his pea-pickin' heart!"

....and speaking of my being a Jabba-The-Hut "10" (..apologies to Blake Edwards..)  I like to think I cannot be insulted, but my person is covered with semi-circular  marks about the size of a quarter, where people keep "touching" me with eleven-foot poles.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.