The World News Media

How Should We View This

Mozzie

9 hours ago, JWTheologian said:

While sensationalism is heightened? It is always prudent to know the subject one is referring to. The last Latin American Cities Conference the Pope attended in Santiago Chile this past April, outlined the scope in converts in Central America. Perhaps you should expand your knowledge and learn to criticize appropriately.

If you must include Pastor Russell in your discussion? Then learn the truth that it was the Catholic Priest that first attacked him, by calling him a none pastoral charlatan.

Shiwii is correct.  You're the one feeding into sensationalizing this without any support for your careless remarks.  Can you produce evidence that shows Catholics did this vandalism on the orders of the Pope?  If not, you should probably not say anything more about it. 

And...the truth is Nelson Barbour was NOT a Catholic Priest. Didn't you know that?  Or are you referring to the former Catholic priest your translation of John 1:1 is based on?  The one the WTS said was in touch with demons.

Don't even start on the negligence perpetrated toward abuse victims by the WTS with their two-witness rule and reluctance to report abuse crimes to the police and child welfare. They have as much to answer to God concerning this as does the Catholic church and any church that covers this crime up.

• Views 1.2k
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This Statement By You Is Very telling. You have no idea of the facts, only what the wt has told you. For you to call these cases a money grab and that they are "shysters", when you know nothing of the

One of Your Own popes, Geoffrey Jackson, has admitted that there have been molesters within the organization that have not been turned over to authorities. This isn't behind the scenes,  but rather un

The WTS leaves much to be desired in its handling of child abuse, but the story about vandalism of ancient temples by JWs is hardly believable.  Are you sure it's true? However, before becoming a

1 hour ago, JWTheologian said:

Yes, its very telling as a pretender of the truth as you hasn't a clue, of what goes on in the background in the WT Society, and how many claims are errors of not understanding the laws that govern spirituality and social justice. As for the Status Bar you mark, well to each its own. The fact that you hate your post being challenged speaks volumes of all the falsehoods you have posted so far.

One of Your Own popes, Geoffrey Jackson, has admitted that there have been molesters within the organization that have not been turned over to authorities. This isn't behind the scenes,  but rather under oath in a court of law, Caesars law, to which the Bible tells us we must obey.

Maybe you should watch the Australian royal commission and see for yourself.  Or you can research the San Diego superior court case against Mr Campos.

I'm not afraid to have my posts challenged, in fact I would hope each and every one of them are. Then we have discussion.  You need to come to the table with proof of your claims and I will do the same. I've given you my proof, please provide yours.

32 minutes ago, HollyW said:

Shiwii is correct.  You're the one feeding into sensationalizing this without any support for your careless remarks.  Can you produce evidence that shows Catholics did this vandalism on the orders of the Pope?  If not, you should probably not say anything more about it. 

Before you criticize my comment? First learn to read. I neither made any suggestion the POPE ordered any type of vandalism on any ancient pagan shrine. However, there are unscrupulous people in Mexico that hate the Watchtower enough to orchestrate such a thing.

Later will find out. As for the POPE making comments about how fast Catholics in Latin America are converting to Witnesses? Google it and learn. I understand you pretenders of the truth need an avenue to criticize the Watchtower.

4 minutes ago, JWTheologian said:

Before you criticize my comment? First learn to read. I neither made any suggestion the POPE ordered any type of vandalism on any ancient pagan shrine. However, there are unscrupulous people in Mexico that hate the Watchtower enough to orchestrate such a thing.

Later will find out. As for the POPE making comments about how fast Catholics in Latin America are converting to Witnesses? Google it and learn. I understand you pretenders of the truth need an avenue to criticize the Watchtower.

You're the one who brought Catholics and the Pope into this discussion.  You also theorized that " a group of Catholic sympathizers pretending to be Jehovah’s Witnesses orchestrated that defilement to tarnish the Watchtower".  But you offer no evidence of this whatsoever, which makes it as lame as the accusation in the OP.  I don't think the WTS needs any help from Catholics, it's quite capable of tarnishing itself.

15 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:

One of Your Own popes, Geoffrey Jackson, has admitted that there have been molesters within the organization that have not been turned over to authorities. This isn't behind the scenes,  but rather under oath in a court of law, Caesars law, to which the Bible tells us we must obey.

Maybe you should watch the Australian royal commission and see for yourself.  Or you can research the San Diego superior court case against Mr Campos.

Funny thing about the ARC. I watched it all, and have the transcripts. You are totally misleading the answers Bro Jackson outlined. But as he TOLD Stewart, that what happens when secular law attempts to intervene in Judicial matters.

The Campos case, was adjudicated for none response by the Watchtower, as mentioned by the lower court that failed to advise the Watchtower about its need to appear. Clerical error. Perhaps you should learn to understand judicial matters other than reading nonsense from questionable websites littered with apostasy.

2 minutes ago, HollyW said:

You're the one who brought Catholics and the Pope into this discussion.  You also theorized that " a group of Catholic sympathizers pretending to be Jehovah’s Witnesses orchestrated that defilement to tarnish the Watchtower".  But you offer no evidence of this whatsoever, which makes it as lame as the accusation in the OP.  I don't think the WTS needs any help from Catholics, it's quite capable of tarnishing itself.

No really, it's people as yourself to want to Tarnish the Watchtower, and the lame attempts by other religions that call the Watchtower cults.

8 hours ago, JWTheologian said:

Funny thing about the ARC. I watched it all, and have the transcripts. You are totally misleading the answers Bro Jackson outlined. But as he TOLD Stewart, that what happens when secular law attempts to intervene in Judicial matters.

Here, let me refresh your memory and provide the transcript of the opening questions Mr. Jackson was asked: 

6       Q.   Do you recognise, Mr Jackson ‐ and in asking this      

7       question, let me make it clear, I'm not suggesting it is     

8       peculiar to the Jehovah's Witness organisation, there are       

9       many, many organisations in this position ‐ but do you        

10       accept that the Jehovah's Witness organisation has        

11       a problem with child abuse amongst its members?        

12       A.   I accept that child abuse is a problem right        

13       throughout the community and it's something that we've had      

14       to deal with as well.       

16       Q.   Do you accept that the manner in which your        

17       organisation has dealt with allegations of child sexual        

18       abuse has also presented problems?      

19       A.   There have been changes in policies over the last 20        

20       or 30 years, where we've tried to address some of those        

21       problem areas, and by the fact that they have changed the       

22       policy would indicate that the original policies weren't       

23       perfect.        

25       Q.   And you accept, of course, that your organisation,        

26       including people in positions of responsibility, like       

27       elders, is not immune from the problem of child sexual        

28       abuse?         

29       A.   That appears to be the case.

By mentioning "that appears to be the case" shows Mr. Jackson's acceptance that there is in fact abuse at the hands of JW's in authority. The whole reason why the ARC had this inquiry was because the WT did not report to police. So acknowledgement that this is the case, and acknowledgement of the purpose of the hearing supports my claim. 

8 hours ago, JWTheologian said:

The Campos case, was adjudicated for none response by the Watchtower, as mentioned by the lower court that failed to advise the Watchtower about its need to appear. Clerical error. Perhaps you should learn to understand judicial matters other than reading nonsense from questionable websites littered with apostasy.

Actually the Campos case has the WT in Contempt of court and is being fined $4000 a day for failure to hand over documents. 

" A San Diego Superior Court judge has ordered the Church of Jehovah's Witnesses, also known as the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, to pay $4000 a day for every day that it fails to produce documents requested... "

" ... judge Richard Strauss admonished the church for willfully ignoring a court order to produce all documents associated with a 1997 Body of Elders letter that church leaders sent to parishes around the world in a quest to learn about sexual abuse of children by church leaders. "

If this were a clerical error, then why have they not produced the documents yet? They are spending YOUR WWW donations daily to keep their records out of court! 

• 2 weeks later...

The article that claims that 'Jehovah's Witnesses destroyed ancient indigenous temple site in Mexico' appears ridiculous. If true, then I would say that JWT is correct about the possibility that these were very not "real" JW's, or misidentified themselves. The one thing that might make it seem possible is the idea that they believed demonic practices were continuing to be observed in modern times here, not just ancient times. That might make someone feel they should do the same thing that some of the good kings and judges of Judah and Israel had done. But it is extremely unlikely in my opinion.

Also, this particular news site is one of those where people can make up their own news and submit it. That's a "red flag" that this entire thing might be made up. Those types of sites become victims to falsehood and/or satire. If this story doesn't show up elsewhere in a more reputable source, then I'm sure it can be dismissed as false.