The World News Media

'New Jerusalem'

The Librarian

Antitypical fulfillment = 144,000 Anointed ones

The New Jerusalem is called "the bride, the Lamb's wife." (Revelation 21:2, 9; 22:17) To this figurative Lamb, it is said: "You were slaughtered and with your blood you bought. persons for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, and you made them to be a kingdom ancl priests to our God, and thcy arc to rulc as kings over the earth." (Revelation 5:9, 10) This once slaughtered Lamb is the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of Jehovah God.  

As a husband, the Lamb Jesus Christ is the head of his bride-wife, New Jerusalem: "a husband is head of his wife." (Ephesians 5:23) Nevertheless, the bride-wife is made up of spirit-begotten sons of God, who are not only 'heirs oi God,' but also "joint heirs with Christ." (Romans 8:16-18) Such heirdom elevates the station of the bride-wife, and she shares with her husband in his glory and honor in the heavens. 

In this capital organization that the Supreme Being establishes, Jesus Christ is His High Priest and thc bride-wife class are 144,000 underpriests, "a royal priesthood." (1 Peter 2:9) 

I don't currently have an illustration handy to show it...... but there are many out there.

See also: Jerusalem, Heavenly Jerusalem

• 8 months later...

• Views 2k
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quickly ... as in soon? Or quickly, as in at a high velocity?  

Posted Images

11 "I am coming quickly.
Keep holding fast to what you have, so that no one may take your crown."

12 “‘The one who conquers—I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will by no means go out from it anymore, and I will write upon him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the New Jerusalem that descends out of heaven from my God, and my own new name." (Revelation 3:11-12)

3:12—What is the “new name” of Jesus? This name has to do with Jesus’ new office and privileges. (Phil. 2:9-11) While no one else gets to know that name in the way that Jesus does, Jesus writes it on his faithful brothers in the heavenly realm, bringing them into a close relationship with him. (Rev. 19:12) He even shares his privileges with them.

NEW JERUSALEM
An expression that occurs two times, and only in the highly symbolic book of Revelation. (Re 3:12; 21:2) Near the end of that series of visions, and after seeing Babylon the Great destroyed, the apostle John says: “I saw also the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.”—Re 21:2.

The Bride of the Lamb. In the light of other scriptures, the identity of New Jerusalem is made certain. She is “as a bride.” Farther along, John writes: “One of the seven angels . . . spoke with me and said: ‘Come here, I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.’ So he carried me away in the power of the spirit to a great and lofty mountain, and he showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God and having the glory of God. Its radiance was like a most precious stone, as a jasper stone shining crystal-clear.”—Re 21:9-11.

New Jerusalem is the bride of whom? The Lamb of God, Jesus Christ, who shed his blood sacrificially for mankind. (Joh 1:29; Re 5:6, 12;7:14; 12:11; 21:14) What is her identity? She is composed of the members of the glorified Christian congregation. The congregation on earth was likened to “a chaste virgin” to be presented to the Christ. (2Co 11:2) Again, the apostle Paul likens the Christian congregation to a wife, with Christ as her Husband and Head.—Eph 5:23-25, 32.

Furthermore, Christ himself addresses the congregation at Revelation 3:12, promising the faithful conqueror that he would have written upon him “the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem which descends out of heaven from my God, and that new name of mine.” A wife takes her husband’s name. Therefore those seen standing with the Lamb upon Mount Zion, numbering 144,000, having the Lamb’s name and that of his Father written in their foreheads, are evidently the same group, the bride.—Re 14:1.  jw.org

IMG_9880.JPG

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.