Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

The Librarian -
Arauna -

Top Posters

I wish I could complain to them about selling the book but that would be the wrong thing to do as I would then be imitating other extremist religions which become political when they try to exert pressure on communities to follow what they morally feel obligated to do. 

To illustrate: If Walmart today sold a book with only 'one' chapter in it that is anti-Islam they would have a bunch of people on their back threatening them with islamophobia law suits - especially organizations affiliated with CAIR (even though Islam is not a race but is an ideology/religion).  

Does Walmart not realize that we are living in a world at present where "offending another religion" has now become an offence? The united nations Resolution 18/20, which promotes religious tolerance has been adopted by most western countries and it is now part of America's official policy. 

I personally will do nothing about this but I do feel somewhat offended because I know the reasoning in the book (like others before it) is most probably not logical at all, will be full of dogma, and will depend on spreading deception to get its point across. That is what irks me...Walmart being an accomplice in spreading falsehood.

The only thing one can do is: buy the book, read it, and write an excellent review on their website which exposes all its flaws.....(and then hope they have stock they cannot get sold as a result of their injustice).

The book is someone's opinion, a wrong look at us, but still simply a person's opinion.  Here's why:

1)  Jehovah's Witnesses ARE Christians.  A Christian is one who follows Christ TO his God, Jehovah.  We do that.

2)  Jehovah can use "anti-JW" opinions to draw the right hearted ones to Him.  I became a witness because I was presented with a LOT of hate against them and said to myself "well I wonder why so many hate them?  There must be something there since Jesus said the world would hate his followers"  So I checked them out thoroughly and found: "Yes the world does hate them because they have biblical truth."

3)  Why should we waste what little precious time we have before the end even acknowledging such hate?  Naw, we concentrate on the job Christ gave us:  Jehovah's work: preaching of God's wonderful Good News!!! 

On 8/14/2016 at 5:34 AM, Arauna said:

I personally will do nothing about this but I do feel somewhat offended because I know the reasoning in the book (like others before it) is most probably not logical at all, will be full of dogma, and will depend on spreading deception to get its point across. That is what irks me...Walmart being an accomplice in spreading falsehood.

And yet you haven't read the pamphlet. So you have no idea whether there is any truth or logic to what he argues or not.

Iirc, Campbell was moved eventually to write his pamphlets (there's another one I know about) after an encounter with a regular pioneer who made him think about and research his own evangelical beliefs. And don't forget he wrote this booklet in 1990. Some of his criticisms may be outdated as the Org has changed its mind on several doctrines since then. You never know, there may be a teaching or two Campbell and JWs agree on now! ;)

LOL. All I'm saying, Arauna, is that you are prejudging and condemning the booklet without having read it.

For everyone's information, Walmart also sells exposés of the LDS church, Scientology, Catholicism and yes, Islam.

• Similar Content

By Guest
    • By Jack Ryan
      Walmart (+2.07%) rolled out a plan to help fund its employees' college tuition, books, and fees. 
      For just $1 a day, Walmart employees will be able to earn an associate's or bachelor's degree in Business or Supply Chain Management, or pursue a minor in yodeling. 
      Which schools? The University of Florida, Brandman University, and Bellevue University (go Bruins!)—colleges that specialize in adult learning.  Why it's a big deal: With 1.4 million workers, Walmart is the largest private U.S. employer. And as you might have heard...it doesn't have a great reputation for how it treats employees.  But it can't afford that reputation anymore 
      Unemployment is below 4%, which means companies are in a giant rugby scrum for qualified workers. 
      What that looks like IRL: Employers are pulling out all the stops (raising the minimum wage, expanding parental leave, tuition reimbursement) to attract and retain qualified workers.
      By Guest
      Thankfully Walmart allows trucks to park overnight in their lots or these people may have never been found.
    • By TheWorldNewsOrg
      I love the idea of having my items ready for pickup as I walk in the store. Evidently it holds up to 300 packages inside.
      I personally would have chosen a blue or green color for the kiosk though. This color denotes "cautiion" to me personally. (Although I do NOTICE it very well which might have been the idea)
      Questions remain though: Will a line start to form at the pickup kiosk?
      Where does the payment transaction happen? Online or right at the kiosk? 

• By The Librarian
      What a ship...no wonder 'Made in China ' is displacing North 
      American made goods big time. This monster transports goods 
      across the Pacific in just 5 days! Another two will soon be 
      commissioned..

These ships were commissioned by Wal-Mart - to get its imported
      goods from China ... They hold an incredible 15,000 containers 
      and have a 207 foot deck beam! A full crew is just 13 people 
      on a ship longer than a US Aircraft Carrier, which has a crew of 
      5,000. With its 207' beam it is too big to fit through the Panama 
      or Suez Canals ... It is strictly transpacific. 

Cruise speed: 31 knots. The goods arrive four days before the 
      typical container ship (18-20 knots) on a China-to-California run. 
      91% of Walmart products are made in China. So this behemoth 
      is hugely competitive - even if carrying perishable goods. 

The ship was built in 5 sections. The sections are floated together 
      and then welded. The command bridge, higher than a 10-story 
      building, has 11 cargo crane rigs that can operate simultaneously 
      unloading the entire ship in less than two hours.

Additional info:
      Country of origin - Denmark
      Length - 1,302 ft
      Width - 207 ft
      Net cargo - 123,200 tons
      Engine - 14 cylinders in-line diesel engine (110,000 BHP)
      Cruise Speed - 31 knots

Cargo capacity - 15,000 TEU (1 TEU = 20 cubic feet)
      Crew - 13 people!
      First trip - Sept. 08, 2006
      Construction cost - US $145,000,000+
      Silicone painting applied to the ship bottom reduces water 
      resistance and saves 317,000 gallons of fuel annually.

Editorial Comment!
      A documentary in late March, 2010, on the History Channel,
      noted that all of these containers are returned to China, 
      EMPTY! Yep, that's right. We send nothing back on these ships.
      Enough said!
      Via Tina B.

• By Money & Finance
      Alix Steel reviews Wal-Mart's fourth-quarter earnings report. (Source: Bloomberg)
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Sunny3481
    Newest Member
    Sunny3481

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.