Views

Guest Nicole -
Guest Nicole -

Top Posters

• Guest 1

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By 4Jah2me
      Point 1. I really do laugh at this term "Only game in town"   As I've said before the JEWISH RELIGIOUS LEADERS would have said that serving God by obeying THEM and the Mosaic Law, was the only game in town. Jesus however proved those Religious leaders to be wrong. Jesus and his disciples carried over the good points of the Mosaic Law and discarded the bits no longer needed. (Such as animal sacrifices, circumcision etc). 
      Russell & Co came out of former religions. I presume they must have carried over some good points from those former religions, then made adjustments or changed doctrines.
      So why would it not be possible for people that have left the JW Org to form a new religion ?  Carrying over the good and disposing of the bad, of which there seems to be plenty....
      I'm not saying it will happen but it does dispose of this idea of 'the only game in town' brainwashing. JW's seem to be taught that there cannot be anything else ever. What if Russell had believed that, the Bible Students would have never been formed. 
      Point 2.  The 'Truth' / JW Org.
      As I read more and more on here I am finding out that the Governing Body / Writing Dept'  / Legal Dept' et al,  have deliberately told many lies.
      The latest I'm reading (on a new topic on here) but the info stems back a while, seems to contain information whereby the 'Org' / those in charge at the time, implied, that children cannot get baptised, and that blood transfusions were acceptable to the Organisation. It seems that this was written in order to get favours from a certain government. 
      Both of those things are lies but seem to be deliberately used for some form of dishonest gain.
      Then of course we have lawyers telling lies in court about shunning. 
      And C.S.A court cases have proved that elders and others have deliberately lied. And the American 'section' of the JW Org deliberately withholding information regarding such matters.
      Link this to misuse of scriptures, such as, Superior Authorities, which deliberately took away people's conscience / freedom of choice, in WW2.
      And I'm sure people here can come up with lots more examples of lies, deliberate wrongdoing, mistakes, misinterpretations, 'new light' corrections et al.
      Why am i writing all this ?  Well I am proving two points. 
      1. If it's your 'only game in town' then it's not a good one. 
      2. That calling it 'The Truth' is totally deceptive.
      I do not think you would like it if I gave you a meal that was three quarters yummy, but a quarter poison. The poison might well contaminate the good food !
      So, saying that the Org / GB are three quarters right does not help. 

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      ¡Despertad! 8 de agosto de 1981.pdf

¡Despertad! 8 de agosto de 1981.pdf

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      ¡Despertad! 8 de junio de 1982.pdf

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Solo le pido a Dios 
      Que el dolor no me sea indiferente
      Que la reseca muerte no me encuentre 
      Vacía y sola sin haber hecho lo suficiente
      Solo le pido a Dios 
      Que lo injusto no me sea indiferente
      Que no me abofeteen la otra mejilla 
      Después que una garra me arañe esta suerte
      Solo le pido a Dios 
      Que la guerra no me sea indiferente
      Es un monstruo grande y pisa fuerte 
      Toda la pobre inocencia de la gente
      Solo le pido a Dios 
      Que el engaño no me sea indiferente 
      Si un traidor puede más que unos cuantos
      Que esos cuantos no lo olviden fácilmente
      Solo le pido a Dios 
      Que el futuro no me sea indiferente
      Desahuciado está el que tiene que marchar 
      A vivir una cultura diferente
      Solo le pido a Dios 
      Que la guerra no me sea indiferente
      Songwriters: León Gieco

• By Bible Speaks
      Would you have the courage to speak out to police about your work, even if they oppose you? It may happen again...yet we do not use the placards anymore...."Religion a Snare and a Racket"? 
      INTERESTING PHOTO OF 1940, WHERE A SISTER SORDITA, ATTENDING THE WORDS OF POLICE, THAT SPEAKS TO THE UNIT WHILE SHE ANNOUNCES RUTHERFORD SPEECH.

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Polls conducted by ABC News and The Washington Post revealed 36 percent of U.S. respondents in 2017 term themselves as Protestant faith members. A sharp drop from 2003's 50 percent. The statistics include a drop of eight points in evangelical white Protestant numbers. The number of Christians all in all has mirrored the predicament of Protestants. From the 83 percent of 2003 to 72 percent in 2017, the declining numbers are in stark contrast to the section of the U.S. population responding with “no religion” which have almost doubled to 21 percent. Self-identification of Catholics at 22 percent remain constant during this time. The number of adults who identify with other strands of Christianity like Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses went up marginally, from 11 percent to 14 percent. Trends are more pronounced among the American youth; only 19 percent of all adults under 30 years of age in 2003 claimed to have no religion. In 2017, that percent went up to 35 percent. These figures can be compared with the 22 percent who term themselves to be affiliated with any kind of Protestantism. These figures are significant as they denote a perceptible shift in power.

Read more at World Religion News: "Sharp Drop in White Evangelicals in U.S." https://www.worldreligionnews.com/?p=51977
      https://www.worldreligionnews.com/religion-news/sharp-drop-white-evangelicals-u-s
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Joseph Kindler gets off a plane at Philadelphia International Airport in September 1991 after his extradition from Canada and is turned over to Philadelphia Police.
      Three decades ago, Joseph Kindler was a serial burglar convicted of murder after tossing a potential witness into the Delaware River with a concrete block tied around his neck.
        Kindler then escaped from prison twice — once with the help of another inmate, the other time using bed sheets as a rappelling line. And he nearly caused an international incident when officials in Canada, where he’d fled after his first escape, initially balked at extraditing him back to Philadelphia to face a death sentence, an illegal punishment north of the border.
      Kindler’s colorful legal history likely came to an end Thursday, when the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office agreed to vacate his death sentence and instead keep him in prison for life.
        “What I did,” Kindler said in court, “still haunts me to this day.”
        Kindler’s release from death row fits with the stance of District Attorney Larry Krasner, who on the campaign trail last year pledged that he would never seek to impose capital punishment.
      The position went unmentioned at the Criminal Justice Center during Kindler’s hearing; Anthony Voci, head of the district attorney’s homicide unit, instead said prosecutors agreed with Kindler’s lawyers that he had made “an extraordinary adjustment while in prison,” citing his becoming a Jehovah’s Witness and even inventing, from his cell, a patented wireless smoke detector.
      But one of Kindler’s attorneys, public defender Andrea Konow, said after the hearing that she had been fighting in court for Kindler to be removed from death row since 2013 — and it wasn’t until after Krasner took office that she felt sustained agreement that Kindler deserved to have his death sentence dropped for good.
      “We’re extremely pleased,” Konow said. “Mr. Kindler has truly made a remarkable adjustment.”
      Kindler became eligible for resentencing in 2011, when the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit ordered his death sentence vacated due to ineffective assistance of counsel.
      At issue was the fact that Kindler, at trial, had barely any witnesses or evidence presented on his behalf as jurors weighed capital punishment. The practice, known as mitigation, is standard today but was a relatively new concept when Kindler was tried in 1983.
      He had been arrested a year earlier, after the body of 18-year-old David Bernstein was found in the Delaware River near Bensalem with 20 head wounds from a baseball bat and a chunk of concrete tied around the neck. Bernstein, before he was killed, had agreed to testify against his friend Kindler regarding burglaries the two had committed together.
      While awaiting trial on murder charges, Kindler twice escaped from prison. The first time, in 1983, he and another convicted murderer, Reginald Lewis, escaped after Lewis flooded his cell, yelled for help, and assaulted the guard who responded.
      Montreal. Authorities hesitated to return him to Philadelphia to face the death penalty because they had outlawed the punishment. But they eventually relented out of fear that their country would become a safe haven for American killers fleeing the law.
      In 1986, however, before he had an extradition hearing, Kindler broke out of a Montreal jail when fellow inmates lifted him onto the prison roof through a skylight and he rappelled to freedom using a rope of bed sheets. He was discovered two years later in the Canadian province of New Brunswick after being recognized on the television show America’s Most Wanted. He finally was extradited to Philadelphia in 1991.
      In court Thursday, Kindler, wearing a blue prison uniform and eyeglasses, acknowledged his troubled history while reading from a statement. But he said he had become a JehovahÂ’s Witness upon his return to Pennsylvania, and accepted responsibility for his crimes.
      No family members were in attendance, but Konow said Kindler’s father — who is in his 80s and in poor health — had visited his son in prison regularly for many years. The elder Kindler converted to become a Jehovah’s Witness after interacting with his son, Konow said.
      Speaking to Common Pleas Court Judge Rose Marie DeFino-Nastasi, Kindler — who will be returned to a general prison population after years in solitary confinement — said he hopes he will be forgiven for his actions.
      “I am truly sorry,” he said, “for what I’ve done.”
      Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/news/crime/philly-man-who-was-murderer-burglar-notorious-fugitive-gets-a-death-row-reprieve-20180301.html
    • Guest Nicole
    • By Anna
      The God delusion- are Jehovah's Witnesses the exception?
      Religion seems to be more divisive and destructive than any other belief system. Why does the belief in a superhuman power bear such "rotten fruit"? 
      Each religion claims they are the one and only true religion. Is there such a thing as the only true Religion, and one that actually bears "good fruit"?
      Please watch the documentary below and feel free to share any observations you might have, or comment on the problem of religion and belief you have identified and/or the areas where Jehovah's Witnesses differ....etc.
      At the end of the video Dawkins asks imploringly, appealing to our sense of gratitude: “People sometimes say there must be more to this life....but how much more do you want”?
      I guess you can present that question to someone who was born in poverty and disease, and has no way out. Or you can ask someone who has been diagnosed with a fatal illness and has no way of getting better. Or you can ask someone who has lost loved ones who cannot be brought back.  I am sure they would tell you they wished for more.....  

• By The Librarian
      Belote Dage - Is There a True Religion From Gods Standpoint.mp3
      Agape!
      @The Librarian
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Copia_de_1951_(1953)_-_¿Qué_ha_hecho_la_religión_para_la_humanidad.pdf
    • By Queen Esther
      Bruder  Willi  Pohl  und  Bruder  Frederick W.  Franz  neben  ihm  auf  einem  Kongress  in  Deutschland
      Das  war  am  28. August  1982  -  Im  alten  Westfalen - Stadion  in  GELSENKIRCHEN
      Erinnern  sich  zufällig  einige  Brüder  an  diesen  Kongress ?
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      La lujosa iglesia de $20 millones de dólares que construía en El Bronx, el pastor Amaurys Mella, hallado muerto en un río la semana pasada. (Fotos vía facebook)
      EL NUEVO DIARIO, NUEVA YORK._ El pastor dominicano Amaurys Mella, de 61 años de edad y cuyo cadáver fue encontrado en un río de el Bronx la semana pasada, completamente vestido, construía una suntuosa iglesia con una inversión de $20 millones de dólares en ese condado.
      Mella, quien era líder de la iglesia “Dando a Conocer a Cristo”,  había sido acusado por los padres de una adolescente de 17 años de edad en 2014, de haberle “seducido”, se destacaba por los lujos que lo rodeaban y se transportaba en un carro deportivo último modelo.
      También vestía impecablemente.
      Su congregación cuenta con más de 500 feligreses activos, que según una fuente cercana, aportaron millares de dólares para la construcción del templo.
      Acorde con la maqueta, publicada hace unos meses en su página facebook, Mella mostraba una iglesia que supera en estructura, espacio, modernidad y lujos a los templos de la Iglesia Universal, los mormones, Testigos de Jehová, adventistas  y otros templos de gran inversión económica.
      Hasta el momento, la Oficina del Médico Forense de la ciudad, no ha entregado los resultados de la autopsia.
      La congregación de Mella, es parte de la Organización de Ministros Cristianos, que lidera el reverendo y senador estatal Rubén  Díaz (padre), quien se negó ayer a responder preguntas de este reportero sobre el desenlace de la muerte de Mella.
      Díaz, que un día después de ser hallado el pastor en el río, se explayó en el tema, dijo que ya no quiere seguir tocándolo y remitió a este reportero a comunicarse con el co-pastor de la iglesia y hablar con los feligreses.
      Pero numerosas llamadas hechas a la congregación, no han sido respondidas desde la iglesia que pastoreaba Mella.
      Tras su muerte, se dijo que hay preocupación entre sus fieles por el curso que tomará ahora la construcción de la lujosa iglesia en El Bronx.
      No se ha confirmado si la policía mantiene una investigación respecto a la muerte del pastor, debido a que la feligresía descarta el suicidio.
      https://elnuevodiario.com.do/pastor-muerto-ny-construia-iglesia-20mm/
    • By Ronny Stoyan
      Ich habe seit kurzem einen Blog zu Kultur , Wissenschaft und Religion gestartet. Die Schwerpunktfrage im weltanschaulichen Kontext soll hier lauten: Ist die Beschränkung der Wissenschaft auch eine Beschränkung der Realität, oder gibt es jenseits des Empirismus eine Realität die wir Gott nennen?
      „Die Wissenschaft fängt eigentlich da an, interessant zu werden, wo sie aufhört.“
      Justus von Liebig (1803–1873)

https://nevosvetos.wordpress.com/2017/03/26/weiter-als-die-fuesse-tragen/
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    didiervaissiere
    Newest Member
    didiervaissiere

• Topics

• I voted your remark "sad" because it truly is. It is a meaningless non-sequitur with no relevance ... which you think is profound.
    • Maybe you jw's will get lucky and your hero Hitler will start ruling again.
    • Trump is a pugilist, fully capable of vulgarity. It doesn’t really bother me. In some regards, it is refreshingly candid. It is not for nothing that the Bible calls the political nations “beasts.” They behave that way—ripping and tearing at each other and indeed, at anyone who gets in their way. So I am not put off by someone who drops the pretense and carries on to call a spade a spade. As much as ones might like the facade of being “presidential,” and of respecting the “dignity” of fellow world leaders, ought they not produce results to earn that respect? The hospital operating room can expect awed dignity when it routinely save lives—conducting the most delicate of procedures. But if the results degenerate to indistinguishable from that of a butcher shop, surely that aura of admiration will fade. “Laws are like sausages. It’s better not to see them being made,” is the old saying, and it is the butcher shop comparison that wins out over the precision operating room. It almost does my heart good to see Trump brawling with his political counterparts as they do their utmost to preserve “dignity.”  Moreover, you would almost expect Jehovah’s (American) servants to see that. They don’t because they truly are apolitical. They follow politics hardly at all, and there is a fair number of them that consider even a comment about the topic as akin to ripping a loud one at the concert hall—it is just gauche—it is as though deliberately contaminating the soufflé with the street rock salt. The JW Governing Body works hard to keep the squabbles of politics out of the congregation and to safeguard its neutrality.  Keeping truly neutral is not easy. Geoffrey Jackson reflects on how (Australian) candidates of his youth offered dramatically different proposals regarding the military draft—a matter that would affect him greatly. Updating his struggle to the present—adapting it to brothers today who might be personally advantaged or disadvantaged by the proposals of a given political figure—he ventured on how some might truly strive to be neutral and yet in the back of their head was the thought: “I hope that idiot doesn’t come into power.” He said it about two years ago. It is impossible for me not to wonder what “idiot”—if there was one—he had in mind.  Of course, Witnesses are politically neutral due to their advocacy for God’s kingdom—the one of the Sermon on the Mount—“thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.” “God’s will is done in heaven,” I tell the householder as I glance upward. “I mean, I guess it is—surely he has it all running smoothly up there—but it sure isn’t done on earth. Pockets of it here and there may be, but nobody would ever say that the world runs that way it does today according to God’s will. According to the prayer, we should not expect that until the kingdom comes.” Jehovah’s Witnesses don’t go campaigning for human governments because they are announcing God’s government which will tackle and solve the problems human governments consistently flounder on. If Witnesses today did reflect on national politics—and the particulars are replicated in many nations—they might reflect that Trump’s enemies are the “one world government” people of the humanist variety—180 degrees apart from the one world government of the “God’s kingdom” variety. They are the humanists who would rise above national boundaries to blur or even erase them. They are humanists who yet pursue the dream of the League of Nations, reinvigorated after WWII as the United Nations. A worldwide blending of peoples and their interests into one common government by man, incorporating whatever is the humanistic thinking holding sway at the time. These ones fully expect those of government (largely themselves) to be granted dignity in light of the noble task they have assumed—it doesn’t matter if praiseworthy results are slow to come—it is the intention that matters. The common working people know it is a crock. They see their own interests being sold out for the loftier “higher” interests of these they would call the “elites.” Their economic interests are tamped down. Their moral values are shoved aside. They are astounded, to take an example, to think that biological differences should not determine male and female, and dismayed to see the view that completely defies their common sense and all of recorded history take the world by storm under the new tidal wave of humanists. They don’t think these guys deserve any dignity at all, so when a photo-shopped Trump is bare-knuckle boxing with the CNN moniker (bastion of world-government think), they love it, and they also love it that the dignified crowd are aghast. ....To highlight the GB’s challenge in encouraging all to stay on the same neutral page, I wrote the following in No Fake News but Plenty of Hogwash: “They just about succeeded in their mission to re-instill complete neutrality – they were alllmmoooost there, when along came the summer Olympics in Rio. On the second day of the Olympics, I mentioned to Tom Pearlsnswine in the field ministry that Hillary had worn a bright pants suit. “Christians are no part of the world!” he rebuked me. On the third day of the Olympics, at the Kingdom Hall, I told him that Trump had tied his shoe. “We must fix our eyes on Jerusalem above!” he said. On the fifth day of the Olympics, I dropped by his home while he was watching the games on TV. He screamed: “Look at that medal count, Tommy!” he shouted. “We’re cleaning up!”  
  • Popular Now