Guest Nicole

The slave is using this photo to make it clear what is not allowed in the dress of men for meetings and preaching.

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Guest Nicole -
James Thomas Rook Jr. -

Top Posters

Guest Nicole

THE WATCHTOWER (STUDY EDITION) JANUARY 2017 

Does our dress and grooming show respect for Jehovah and others, or does it show a lack of modesty? (See paragraph 12)

2017247_univ_cnt_2_lg.jpg

Amazing how fashion dictates a person's thinking without them really being aware of the influence.

The guys on the right look like they have been sleeping out in the rain a couple of days, or that they put on their little brother's suits (by mistake hopefully)!

Presumabely, they would not see themselves that way?

Isn't it beautiful the way we are guided by love, to follow the direction outlined in our publications? The world is so determined to desensitize us toward harmful trends that may on the surface seem innocent, yet beneath the surface, are designed to blur the line between modest and suggestive of an unwholesome lifestyle that some young ones may not even be aware of. 

Absolutely! Satan is using whatever means he can to distract us. Fashion has always been his mode operandi. For women, the dresses are shorter and tighter while men are now wearing so-called designer suits that are so snuggly and tight, one wonders how can they breathe! The more Satan's system sinks in debauchery, the more explicit and sexually suggestive fashion becomes. Tight-fitting clothes structured to appeal to the muscular anatomy with emphasis on sexual organs aim to entice while admiring the fabric and style. Such fashions also reveals a person's "desire of the flesh, desire of the eyes, and a showy display of one's means of life" (1 John 2:15). The secret person of the heart is manifest by such clothes, revealing that he or she loves the world more than they love Jehovah. Such fads are temporary anyway, After just one year, in comes another style with more sexual influences. When the Israelites trekked through the Wilderness for 40 years, they were modest before Jehovah. Their modest attire did not wear out. Even Jehovah saw to it that their sandals never wore out (Deuteronomy 29:5). Point: Jehovah-Jireh. Jehovah will not only provide for our materal needs, He will also take care of us. So, why wear clothes that attract attention to ourselves rather than wearing clothes that glorify Jehovah? So glad the Slave is directing our focus on this subject. Keep the world's lax attitudes about dress outside of Jehovah's organization.

7 hours ago, AbigailSensefulOne said:

Absolutely! Satan is using whatever means he can to distract us. Fashion has always been his mode operandi. For women, the dresses are shorter and tighter while men are now wearing so-called designer suits that are so snuggly and tight, one wonders how can they breathe! The more Satan's system sinks in debauchery, the more explicit and sexually suggestive fashion becomes. Tight-fitting clothes structured to appeal to the muscular anatomy with emphasis on sexual organs aim to entice while admiring the fabric and style. Such fashions also reveals a person's "desire of the flesh, desire of the eyes, and a showy display of one's means of life" (1 John 2:15). The secret person of the heart is manifest by such clothes, revealing that he or she loves the world more than they love Jehovah. Such fads are temporary anyway, After just one year, in comes another style with more sexual influences. When the Israelites trekked through the Wilderness for 40 years, they were modest before Jehovah. Their modest attire did not wear out. Even Jehovah saw to it that their sandals never wore out (Deuteronomy 29:5). Point: Jehovah-Jireh. Jehovah will not only provide for our materal needs, He will also take care of us. So, why wear clothes that attract attention to ourselves rather than wearing clothes that glorify Jehovah? So glad the Slave is directing our focus on this subject. Keep the world's lax attitudes about dress outside of Jehovah's organization.

Jehovah is not first watching to our clothes.....  NO,  HE is watching first deep our heart❤️  Thats much more importend. Poor JW humans don't have good clothes :-(  :(

1 hour ago, Queen Esther said:

Jehovah is not first watching to our clothes.....  NO,  HE is watching first deep our heart❤️  Thats much more importend. Poor JW humans don't have good clothes :-(  :(

My point exactly, Q. Esther. Jehovah sees the heart and even if a poor servant of Jehovah doesn't have much, Jehovah still provides for them just like He did for the nation of Israel. He can make a poor person look rich just by the things they have. I can honestly say I have personally witnessed this, especially as a Pioneer. For brothers to dress with tight-fitting suits when they have the financial means to buy modest suits says a lot about what's in his heart.

These suits (straight legged tight pants and small blazers) are the latest style now. Even prominent athletes and celebrities are wearing them. Because they are designer suits, they costs between $500-$1,000 (USA). In view of the times we live in, could tht money pay for other things like rent and food, even a suit without a desiger''s label? 

Yes, only Jehovah read hearts but a person can give off clues that he is not being modest but haughty when he wears clothes that speaks volumes of a worldly attitude. Notice the sloppy hair on the young man on the left in the gray suit. Imagine going in field service looking like that. What would the householder's perception be? Not being critcal here but realistic. Our Lord and Savior King Jesus said, "by their fruits you will recognize them". He was talking about a person's actions that either identifies him as a disciple or not. The way we dress also bears fruit about our attitude toward theocratic order whether we're poor or rich.

• Similar Content

• By The Librarian
      Question sent in for me to post.
      Agape!

• By Jack Ryan
      Source: jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-study-july-2018/we-belong-to-jehovah/
      So having nice hair and a good outfit is apparently bad? I see people dress like this at the convention all the time lol
      Wild colored socks.
      Anthony Morris III actually wasn’t saying thereÂ’s anything wrong with that. He said that sock color was a matter of taste, and that he thought some of these young brothers with brightly colored socks were demonstrating poor taste, but it wasnÂ’t immodest.
      - Anthony Morris III - Governing Body member speaking at the US Branch Visit on November 8, 2014 
      Tight Pants
      (tight pants on the young brothers who the worldly gay designers are drooling over at 27:35)

“…and the other one that needs addressing is for these young fellows, cause the older ones aren’t doing much of it, thankfully, uhhh, it’s the metrosexual look. We’ve addressed that in the past, we’ve said things about it, but what’s happened now has really caught on more. 

Now the metrosexual look, that’s the tight suit jacket and the tight pants, better known as ‘tight pants’. (laughter) And, uh, they are tight, I mean tight all the way down to the ankles. And, that is not modest brothers. No. It’s not appropriate. It’s not sound of mind. 

And I was proud of one Circuit Overseer who told me this past summer at one of the Intl. Conventions, 'cuz he brought it up, one of these fellows, he shows up for his Circuit Overseer’s visit and wants to go out in the ministry work with him, door-to-door, he’s wearing 'tight pants’. And the Circuit Overseer was man enough, spiritual man enough to say, 'No. I’m not going door-to-door with you. Not with that dress on. Inappropriate.' 

So a lot to think about and you elders out there listening in, and be kind now, we always want to try to imitate Christ Jesus. You be spiritual man enough to tell these young fellows 'You don’t go out in the ministry looking like that. Not in this organization.' 
      And frankly I have asked sister after sister, 'You know, what do you think of this? Do you find that appealing, attractive? You know, I’m just curious, 'cause I’m not a woman. Ahhh.’ (laughter) And you know what, I’ve not found one yet that thought they look good. (Garbled, poor audio quality for a couple seconds.) 

And this is a fact, the homosexuals that are designing these clothes, they like you in tight pants. (Huge laughter) Not, spiritual people. So, it’s something to consider for Christian grooming. Is it appropriate? Is it modest? Does it display soundness of mind? If not, do something about it.”
      - Anthony Morris III - Governing Body member speaking at the US Branch Visit on November 8, 2014 
      Spanx
      “…what it is is this Spanx, this skin-tight stuff they wear. Now, are you sisters wearing this in the ministry? No. I can’t say that I’ve ever seen that. But when they exercise, they leave their home and they’re jogging in this stuff? 

Look at the verse. Is that appropriate to wear skin-tight Spanx or whatever they call them? It’s not modest and it’s certainly not sound of mind. It’s really inappropriate. There’s nothing else to say about it. Now you want to be in your home or your room and wear that stuff, that’s your business. But don’t go out in public like that and say you worship the True God. ‘I’m just trying to stay in shape’. (laughter) Inappropriate.”
      See also:
      Did I miss anything important?
    • By Jack Ryan
      JW.org Wiki - Homosexuality.mp4
      This talk was from a Zone Visit in Italy around 2014
      See also:

• Guest Nicole
    • By The Librarian
      From a recent Watchtower article 
    • By The Librarian
      2016-Dress-and-Grooming Bochure .pdf

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    didiervaissiere
    Newest Member
    didiervaissiere

• Topics

• Absolutely agree. But what I see as it is possible to read in WT Society text about Higher education is this: They tend to separate young minds from "secular knowledge" because of some fears. Perhaps one of fear is not main reason, to be learned about non-Bible ideas. But as main reason i see how this "secular ideas" can cause that young JW members begin to question WT and Bible.  Please have in mind what you already said, JHVH not decided to separate Congregation, but He doing just opposite. He let all sort of influence to be spread on  people, all people, not just JW's. If JHVH not made separation in literal way, than WT try to do this separation in limited level on limited class of people for limited time in their life - looks funny and not productive as they expect.  This was completely necessary to be said ... using this sort of illustration with mafia as subject :))))) ........... but you "provoked" me a little :)))) and i will add. We all working for devil the boss, because he is ruler, god of this world, global company/corporation. Just another, different way of rationalization.   :))))))
    • I agree that God is organized, which is clear in creation.  He has also organized his anointed Body of “144,000” perfectly, by distributing gifts in various measure. All are to benefit from each other.  (1 Cor chapter 12)  And he himself gave some as apostles and some as prophets and some as evangelists and some as pastors and teachers 12 for the equipping of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for building up the body of Christ, 13 until we all reach the unity of the faith and the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to a measure of the maturity of the fullness of Christ.  Eph 4:11-13 In Matt 13:36-43 it says, “The Son of Man will send out his angels and they will gather out of his kingdom all the causes of sin and those who do lawless deeds” Matt 13:41 Jesus stated that his kingdom is “no part of this world”. John 18:36  His kingdom is comprised of the anointed – those part of his Body.  He is the “Lord of lords and King of kings”.  Rev 17:14 (Matt 20:21)    And they were singing a new song, saying, “You are worthy to take the scroll     and to open its seals, because you were slaughtered,     and bought people for God by your blood     from every tribe and language and people and nation, 10 and made them a kingdom and priests to our God,     and they will reign on the earth.” Rev 5:9,10 (1 Pet 2:5,9) Matt 13:37,38 – “So he answered and said, “The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man, 38 and the field is the world. And the good seed—these are the sons of the kingdom, but the darnel are the sons of the evil one.” If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. Gal 3:29 We know that not all of God’s anointed become faithful members of the Bride.  They can fall from their heavenly position. 2 Pet 3:17; Rev 8:10,11  This harvest firstly concerns those belonging to Christ, who are part of his kingdom and are found either as good seed or weeds.  I hope you can see that Matt 13:36-43 has nothing to do with the all the kingdoms on the earth and the people in them.  (Luke 4:5-7)  In Matt 13:38; It does say, “the field is the world” – but world can mean, “an apt and harmonious arrangement or constitution” which describes the anointed arrangement of "kings" under their Head Jesus Christ.  John 4:23,24 -   Jesus said right before these scriptures:   “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.” John 4:21 Christ’s Body replaced the temple in Jerusalem.  There is no more literal, physical place of worship, since the Temple is now built with “living stones”.  1 Pet 2:5,9   They are given “spirit” and “truth”.  1 John 2:20,27; John 16:13  If they fail in their devotion to God and Christ, they lose what has been given them.  Luke 8:18; 1 Cor 3:18  They will not be sealed into the tribes of “Israel”.    Luke 13:24; Rev 3:11 Again in Rev 18:4, “my people”, refer to God’s holy people – His “special possession”.  They and their companions with them are to leave the “organization” where the “darnel” are teaching His people, lies. Rev 18:4-8 (1 Pet 2:5,9,10)      
    • I don't know if anyone provided an update to this story, but the "brother" finally pled guilty, and was sentenced to five years, for three felony counts of child rape with two different victims. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/man-who-raped-jehovah-s-witness-girls-sentenced-5-years-n1082136 Elihu Rodriguez, 32, of Yakima, Washington, was given five years, the maximum sentence prosecutors had asked for, after Rodriguez pleaded guilty to three felony counts of child rape in the third degree in September. He was also ordered to register as a sex offender. Both of his victims attended the sentencing, which took place Friday at the King County Maleng Regional Justice Center in Kent, Washington. I believe this was the case I was told something about in 2018, which is why I mentioned then that I couldn't say much because it was an upcoming court case. If it's the same one, then someone (parent?) convinced her not to report it because it was just a matter that this 25-year-old was in love with her, and so they told her it was actually multiple acts of fornication, not child abuse or child rape. She agreed not to report on the basis that she would be considered guilty of fornication, too. So the family moved to another congregation, and within months, she got to a point where she decided she needed to report it to the elders. (I don't think it was because she learned about another girl being raped/abused by the man, even though this would make sense.) When she did report it to her new congregation's elders in 2013, they actually called the legal department just as they were supposed to, but evidently someone thought it was going to be possible to treat this as "consensual" and the elders tried to get her to say it was consensual. She refused to agree with the elders that it was consensual, and took it to the authorities. When I heard about this case (or perhaps another one just like it) I was only told the general area of the US, and some circumstances, but no names. I was only told that this was disturbing that someone would try to turn a child molestation case of a "16 year old girl" into a consensual case in spite of the young age. (I was not told that she was actually 14/15.) Years earlier, J R Brown, as a spokesmen for the Society, had tried to minimize a lot of these cases by saying that a lot of them are like cases of an 18 year old boy with a 16 year old girl, which sounded a bit like the old "boys will be boys" excuse. 
    • The point was that Jehovah is organized, the evidence is all around us. This leads us to believe that His visible favored people would be organized in doing His will. Moving forward we can consider WHO HE is about to sanction based on Matthew 13:36-43, John 4:23,24,Revelation 18:4 and a few more.......
  • Popular Now