The World News Media

The slave is using this photo to make it clear what is not allowed in the dress of men for meetings and preaching.

Guest Nicole

I don't think has to do much about fashion modesty but more what the brothers are a custom to... i assume the brothers are used to only wearing the old big style suits and i presume they see anything out of the normal wrong.

i personally don't see much wrong wearing either suits is like wearing either a skinny tie or wide old style tie.

I have both types of suits, but i think skinny suits can be modest too as long as they are not too extreme.

Anyways my honest opinion.

• Views 14.3k
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amazing how fashion dictates a person's thinking without them really being aware of the influence. The guys on the right look like they have been sleeping out in the rain a couple of days, or tha

My point exactly, Q. Esther. Jehovah sees the heart and even if a poor servant of Jehovah doesn't have much, Jehovah still provides for them just like He did for the nation of Israel. He can make a po

Exactly. We should reflect the fruitage of the spirit even by the way we dress   

Posted Images

Ty Jay.  Do you think the suits above are extreme? Hip hugging tight is a term often used for slacks.  The suit coats look ok but a little shorter in length.  The pant length is a little odd or as we kids used to say high water pants because certainly there was a flood coming. (smile) 

• 1 year later...
10 hours ago, Alzasior Lutor said:

2017247_univ_cnt_2_lg.jpg.2ab48d134f3644

w 01-2017

At the regional convention this summer 2018, the look of right side, i see this so many time.... Unbelivable !

Um, didn't Jesus tell us to 'first remove the rafter from our own eye, before trying to remove the straw from our brother's eye' ?

Didn't he tell us that if we judge others then we ourselves will be judged ?

Can you not think to yourself this way, 'Well I'm not keen on his clothes but he is here in Jehovah's place of worship and in time he will mature'. 

The thing about fashion is that some people look better in one type of clothes than another. 

Why it works the way it does is a mystery to me, but I realize it as a valid phenomenon.

If it was up to me I would wear Levis, and a blue long sleeve dress  shirt  without a tie  EVERYWHERE, including the Meetings.

I change clothes about every three days, but  it does not appear that I do.

To those that see me everyday, it appears I never change clothes. Comfort fit Levis, dark blue long sleeve permanent press dress shirt open collar, red t-shirt, red wide "fireman's" suspenders AND a belt, and tan suede shows with no socks.

Everyday.

Exactly the same.

I KNOW it looks dorky to fashionistas, but it works for me!

If I had a LOT of money, it would be totally acceptable at the Meetings. ("Oh...he's just ECCENTRIC ...")

Underneath I have bare skin, which is very helpful in keeping my insides ... in.

Superman had the same problem ... same outfit, everyday ... day in and day out ... week after week ... year after year ...  but his shirt tail kept popping out, and when he bent over he showed his butt crack, so early in life he realized he needed to wear a cape, or sell advertising space.

I personally saw NOTHING wrong with the way anyone in this illustration was dressed.

Kick Me.jpg

It does look like the Brother in the tan suit is afraid that the Brother in the light blue shirt has just put a "KICK ME" sign on his back, or he is afraid of becoming a hand puppet.

Just remember this basic Congregational rule about proper dress ...  "If it's neat and clean, and well arranged and modest ....  hides your fat, and for Sisters, if it looks cheap and frumpy ... it's acceptable".

Years ago I was at a District Assembly at Hampton Roads Coliseum, and through my binoculars noticed the DO and key speaker had fluorescent yellow patent leather mirror finish shoes.  I do not know anywhere in the world you could even buy shoes like that ... and 50 years later, STILL don't know.

My only objection about the following picture is that the "tight pants"are  UGLY, and it appears you would need side leg zippers up to your knees to get them on and off.

How do you even DO this... .jpg

.... perhaps to get your feet through the pants legs you have to temporarily remove the feet.

With the Brothers outrageous and ugly haircut and mismatched shoes, and clown socks, it is quite clear that he was DELIBERATELY dressed and groomed for the photo to be as repulsive as possible

Of course.

I OFTEN wonder, looking at that picture, if a smart artist on the Bethel staff is trying to illustrate .... and for those that are not clueless,  successfully so,  .... how totally goofy and cringeworthy some of what corporate thinking is actually like.

... someone with an outrageous sense of humor with complete impunity, slipping "inside jokes" past the totally clueless editorial staff .

Kick Me.jpg

5950211d4a173_tHEHORNEDBEAST600.jpg.02e47c3c6d9fa573a215d05a7375d2c0.jpg

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Popular Contributors

• Topics

• It appears to me that this is a key aspect of the 2030 initiative ideology. While the Rothschilds were indeed influential individuals who were able to sway governments, much like present-day billionaires, the true impetus for change stems from the omnipotent forces (Satan) shaping our world. In this case, there is a false God of this world. However, what drives action within a political framework? Power! What is unfolding before our eyes in today's world? The relentless struggle for power. The overwhelming tide of people rising. We cannot underestimate the direct and sinister influence of Satan in all of this. However, it is up to individuals to decide how they choose to worship God. Satanism, as a form of religion, cannot be regarded as a true religion. Consequently, just as ancient practices of child sacrifice had a place in God's world, such sacrifices would never be accepted by the True God of our universe. Despite the promising 2030 initiative for those involved, it is unfortunately disintegrating due to the actions of certain individuals in positions of authority. A recent incident serves as a glaring example, involving a conflict between peaceful Muslims and a Jewish representative that unfolded just this week. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/mar/11/us-delegation-saudi-arabia-kippah?ref=upstract.com Saudi Arabia was among the countries that agreed to the initiative signed by approximately 179 nations in or around 1994. However, this initiative is now being undermined by the devil himself, who is sowing discord among the delegates due to the ongoing Jewish-Hamas (Palestine) conflict. Fostering antisemitism. What kind of sacrifice does Satan accept with the death of babies and children in places like Gaza, Ukraine, and other conflicts around the world, whether in the past or present, that God wouldn't? Whatever personal experiences we may have had with well-known individuals, true Christians understand that current events were foretold long ago, and nothing can prevent them from unfolding. What we are witnessing is the result of Satan's wrath upon humanity, as was predicted. A true religion will not involve itself in the politics of this world, as it is aware of the many detrimental factors associated with such engagement. It understands the true intentions of Satan for this world and wisely chooses to stay unaffected by them.
    • This idea that Satan can put Jews in power implies that God doesn't want Jews in power. But that would also imply that God only wants "Christians" including Hitler, Biden, Pol Pot, Chiang Kai-Shek, etc. 
    • @Mic Drop, I don't buy it. I watched the movie. It has all the hallmarks of the anti-semitic tropes that began to rise precipitously on social media during the last few years - pre-current-Gaza-war. And it has similarities to the same anti-semitic tropes that began to rise in Europe in the 900's to 1100's. It was back in the 500s AD/CE that many Khazars failed to take or keep land they fought for around what's now Ukraine and southern Russia. Khazars with a view to regaining power were still being driven out into the 900's. And therefore they migrated to what's now called Eastern Europe. It's also true that many of their groups converted to Judaism after settling in Eastern Europe. It's possibly also true that they could be hired as mercenaries even after their own designs on empire had dwindled.  But I think the film takes advantage of the fact that so few historical records have ever been considered reliable by the West when it comes to these regions. So it's easy to fill the vacuum with some very old antisemitic claims, fables, rumors, etc..  The mention of Eisenhower in the movie was kind of a giveaway, too. It's like, Oh NO! The United States had a Jew in power once. How on earth could THAT have happened? Could it be . . . SATAN??" Trying to tie a connection back to Babylonian Child Sacrifice Black Magick, Secret Satanism, and Baal worship has long been a trope for those who need to think that no Jews like the Rothschilds and Eisenhowers (????) etc would not have been able to get into power in otherwise "Christian" nations without help from Satan.    Does child sacrifice actually work to gain power?? Does drinking blood? Does pedophilia??? (also mentioned in the movie) Yes, it's an evil world and many people have evil ideologies based on greed and lust and ego. But how exactly does child sacrifice or pedophilia or drinking blood produce a more powerful nation or cabal of some kind? To me that's a giveaway that the authors know that the appeal will be to people who don't really care about actual historical evidence. Also, the author(s) of the video proved that they have not done much homework, but are just trying to fill that supposed knowledge gap by grasping at old paranoid and prejudicial premises. (BTW, my mother and grandmother, in 1941 and 1942, sat next to Dwight Eisenhower's mother at an assembly of Jehovah's Witnesses. The Eisenhower family had been involved in a couple of "Christian" religions and a couple of them associated with IBSA and JWs for many years.)
  • Members

• larryjohnson

larryjohnson 42

• Jw.Org1976

Jw.Org1976 0

• Alphonse

Alphonse 0

• Recent Status Updates

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Miracle Pete

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.