Guest Nicole -
Guest Nicole -

Top Posters

• Guest 3

Guest Nicole

Public Witnessing in Tokyo

kk,.png

Guest Nicole

Public witnessing at  Shimotsuma station, Ibaraki. 

FE.png

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By The Librarian
      getfvid_56954634_2397320196974264_7895197926492733440_n.mp4

• Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
    • By The Librarian
      もりしんいち: 集りあった愛する兄弟姉妹、まだ見ぬ日本の、世界の、兄弟姉妹と共に 励まし合い
      忍耐しつつ一心に まだ見ぬ希望を 待ちたいと思います。

Brothers and sisters who love you had gathered , yet unseen in Japan , of the world , each other encouragement along with the brothers and sisters , I think I want to wait for intently unseen hope with patience . - Contributed on a Google + page of mine
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
    • By Bible Speaks
      Welcome! We know You’ll Love all of GodÂ’s People! .
      We finished the memorial. I invited my grandmother, she is not a witnesses, to this ceremony. She accepted my request and came to our kingdom hall even if she has a bad condition. Thank Jehovah for giving us a great opportunity!
      My mother, she is a pioneer, my grandmother and me. ItÂ’s a 3 generations from Japan! #jw #jwjapan

Repost @worldwide_witnesses
      ???

• By Kurt
      FEBRUARY 17, 2016 / GAZELLE I wanted to visit Ebina Bethel. I really wanted to see the Japan branch office of Jehovah’s Witnesses, which is one of the largest in the world. This was one of the reasons why I planned a week-long vacation in Japan .
      The Bethel’s address is 4-7-1 Nakashinden, Ebina City, Kanagawa Prefecture, 243-0496.
      To get there, take the Odakyu Odawara Line Express bound for Odawara, and get off at Ebina Station or Atsugi Station. The branch is a 10-minute taxi ride from Ebina Station or a 20-minute walk from Atsugi Station.
      FROM ASAKUSA TO ATSUGI
      From Asakusa in Tokyo, I took the Tokyo Metro Ginza Line until Omote-sando Station, where I transferred to the Tokyo Metro Chiyoda Line to Yoyogi-Uehara Station. In this station, I hopped on to the Odakyu Odawara Line Express to Atsugi Station. My travel time was approximately 90 minutes.
      However, finding the Ebina Bethel after getting out of the Atsugi station was another story. I did not know how to reach it from there. I approached a station staff and showed him the map and address of Ebina Bethel, and he gave me certain directions. I thought that I was able to follow the map and directions given to me. However, after about 30 minutes of walking, I realized that I was already lost. I decided to try asking random Japanese walking on the street, “Where is 4-7-1 Nakashinden?” “Do you know Watchtower? Or Jehovah’s Witnesses?” But unfortunately, we could not communicate well because of the language barrier. They did not know “Watchtower” or “Jehovah’s Witnesses”. Of course, they have different [and Japanese!] terms for these. I prayed to Jehovah God to help me reach Ebina Bethel. I said that if I still would not be able to find it until lunchtime, I would just go back to Asakusa.
      Finally, I chanced upon a Japanese man cleaning his car in front of his house. I gathered courage and asked him while showing him the map and address. Fortunately, he knew how to speak in English! He was also familiar with Ebina Bethel. He pointed his finger to the way. Yes! Thanks to Jehovah God because I finally made to the Japan Branch Office of Jehovah’s Witnesses!

EBINA BETHEL TOUR
      A branch office of Jehovah’s Witnesses is called “Bethel”, meaning “House of God”. This Biblical name is fitting because all those serving here are ordained ministers who have dedicated themselves to Jehovah God and devote themselves full-time to promoting the work of Kingdom preaching. Bethel family members are furnished with room and board and a small monthly allowance to assist with their personal expenses.
      Under the direction of Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses, Ebina Bethel supports the worldwide Kingdom-preaching activity in cooperation with more than 90 other branches around the globe.
      Tour times are from Monday to Friday, 8am to 11 am and 1pm to 4pm
      A local brother served as our tour guide. I toured with Brother Danilo Jamero, also a Filipino. He is a circuit overseer to Tagalog congregations in Visayas and Mindanao in the Philippines. He was also vacationing at that time in Japan. He was invited and hosted by the Ueno Tagalog Congregation in Tokyo, which planned a week-long activities for him. Today, his schedule was the Ebina Bethel tour.
      SERVICE DEPARTMENT
      The brothers serving here handle correspondence from traveling overseers, elders, pioneers, and others. This department schedules assemblies, conventions, and various schools. It also keeps records of congregation territories and field service activity.
      LEGAL DEPARTMENT
      This provides assistance when it becomes necessary to establish or defend the rights of Jehovah’s Witnesses.—Philippians 1:7
      TRANSLATION DEPARTMENT
      This receives the English text of our publications in electronic form from the world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses in the United States. The text is then translated, checked, proofread, and composed. Translation into Japanese sign language is also done here.

WRITING DESK
      Under the direction of the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses, the Writing Desk does research and prepares material for publication in the Watchtower and Awake! as well as on the jw.org website.
      GRAPHICS DEPARTMENT
      This department makes printing plates using electronic files sent from world headquarters and various translating branches. For printing, pages are arranged electronically in printing order. The information is then inscribed by laser on four separate plates for printing full-color images.

PRESSROOM
      Two high-speed offset presses print Bibles, books, magazines, and brochures. A sheetfed press prints cover for softcover books.The printery produce publications by Jehovah’s Witnesses in their personal study and Christian ministry.

BINDERY
      Soft cover and hardcover bindery lines produce Bible and other literature. The bindery can produce up to 100,000 books in one day.

SHIPPING DEPARTMENT
      This ships publications to congregations throughout Japan as well as to branches overseas. It also receives and handles materials sent to the branch.

REGIONAL AUDIO/VIDEO CENTER
      This department produces audio and video publications in more than 80 languages for distribution in CD/DVD formats and on jw.org
      COMPUTER DEPARTMENT
      This department maintains computer systems in the Japan branch and assists other branches in Asia with their computer needs.
      MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT
      Trained members of the Bethel family carefully maintain the branch equipment to keep it operating efficiently and safely.
      HISTORY ROOM
      After the Bethel tour, we were showed the history room. It focused on the progress of the Kingdom preaching work in Japan.

A Special Exhibit: Which Book Helped You to Know Jehovah?
      A Special Exhibit: From Family Albums in Japan
      A Special Exhibit: Revisions of the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures
      Photo Taking Corner: Donald Haslett was the first missionary of Jehovah’s Witnesses to visit Japan
      Priceless memorabilias from 1930’s to 1940’s that were used as tools for preaching the good news
      LUNCH WITH JAPANESE BROTHERS AND SISTERS
      We were then invited to lunch by some Japanese brothers and sister volunteering in a Tagalog Congregation near Ebina. They welcomed us warmly. They are so kind, humble and accommodating! We had an encouraging and faith-strengthening conversation with them.

After lunchtime, a Japanese sister and her husband drove and dropped me off at Atsugi Station.

Jehovah God is truly generous. I only asked to at least see the Ebina Bethel. But He not only let me find it, but He let me have a tour, eat lunch, and meet our loving and warm-hearted Japanese brothers and sisters. If it is Jehovah God’s will, I hope I could visit here again next time with my family and friends.

A VISIT TO EBINA BETHEL

• By The Librarian
      Japan Bethel (Ebina)
    • By Jack Ryan
      Japanese blog translated;
      https://ameblo.jp/tapangb/entry-12433716348.html

There was a new announcement at the meeting this week.
      Org will accept JCB credit card for online donation, 
      I’m fed up with org’s soliciting money.
      And there was another announcement.
      Members will not allowed to use “second auditorium” during a meeting without elder’s permission.
      (Second auditorium is a small room attached to a main auditorium, sometimes used by people 
      who don’t feel well or  baby keep crying) 
      I always use “second auditorium” during meetings, so this new announcement made me feel 
      extremely uncomfortable. I’m thinking about stop going to meetings . It is not loving  Christian 
      organization.
    • By Jack Ryan
      KH used by
      Oe congregation and Obiyama congregation
      (KUMAMOTO KUMAMOTOSHI )
      is soon to be closed.
      Reason ’They cannot afford to maintain KH.
      Two Congregations have no loan payment, but amount of donation keep declining.
      Source; https://ameblo.jp/maruyoshi208/entry-12429438518.html
    • By Queen Esther
      Jehovah Witnesses -  NEVER TAKE THE TRUTH FOR GRANTED.....
      I love this touching  JW - story    A very good example for us all ❤
                                         ❤ .•*¨`*•..¸♥☼♥¸.•*¨`*•. ❤
    • By The Librarian
      Soon after the disaster, volunteer relief workers began to clean and repair damaged homes of fellow believers and Kingdom Halls.
      Source
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Anyone who regularly takes the el or subway has seen them.
      They stand quietly smiling with carts of religious publications, out on the sidewalk when it's nice out, and in the "unpaid" area of the station near the Ventra machines or turnstiles when the weather is inclement. The women are dressed modestly but sharply, and the men look natty as well, often wearing sport jackets and fedoras.
      They are volunteers from the Jehovah's Witnesses, a Christian denomination that claims 8.4 million members in 240 countries.
      Though I'm not interested in converting, I sometimes stop and say hello and pick up a copy of The Watchtower or Awake! out of courtesy, since I find their cheerful vibe oddly comforting. They're certainly more agreeable than the Old Navy Street Preacher, who hangs out at Randolph and State railing against fornicators and cigarette smokers.
      But not everyone appreciates the Jehovah's Witnesses' presence at transit stations. Kevin Havener, an Edgewater resident who often commutes via the Red Line, contacted me to share a message he sent to the transit authority, to which he says he never got a response. He claimed that the Witnesses' practice of offering literature inside el stations violated a guideline in the agency's Rules of Conduct warning against the distribution of written materials on CTA property.
      "I find this inexplicable permission deeply, personally offensive," Havener's message read. "Would the CTA allow other religious proselytizing [by groups] such as [Orthodox Jews], or Buddhists, or Hare Krishnas? OF COURSE NOT."
      Havener eventually revealed to me that he has a horse in this race. About a decade ago he and other members of the Buddhist Peace Fellowship, an activist group, wanted to hand out leaflets inside the Fullerton el stop in Lincoln Park. When they asked the CTA customer assistant for permission, they were told they needed to be out on the public sidewalk far away enough not to block any station doors. "That made perfect sense, and that's what we did," he said.
      Read more: https://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/is-it-legal-for-jehovahs-witnesses-to-proselytize-inside-cta-stations/Content?oid=47477482

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      If you’ve been in Newcastle city centre recently, you will have noticed them.
      Happily handing out copies of The Watchtower from carts, Jehovah’s Witnesses are taking to Newcastle’s streets in their droves.
      And the reason for the recent increase is simply due to a change in tactics.
      For years, members have gone door-to-door to spread the word about the faith.
      But now members are heading into the city to try and reach out to more people.
      “We feel the use of carts allows us to reach people we perhaps wouldn’t meet at home due to their work schedules or other factors,” said spokesperson Andrew Schofield. “The carts also provide the public with the choice of approaching us or not, which some people appreciate.
      Read more: https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/more-more-jehovahs-witnesses-middle-14627882
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      l would like to get some information on how l can get a cart with a monitor or how l can make one. Thank you. 
       -E.  Shelton
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      By: @bow_tie_bros_comics
      Selfie-Centered: Blue Bow helps Green Bow see why he shouldn't be taking selfies while doing Public Witnessing. Philippians 2:4-"as you look out not only for your own interests, but also for the interests of others."

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      By jw_blobcast

• Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
    • By The Librarian
      Public witnessing in Toulouse. 

Public witnessing in Toulouse, France. Photo shared by @kaylesna59

View the full article
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      By @joenettagresham

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    didiervaissiere
    Newest Member
    didiervaissiere

• Topics

• Just as the WT knows how to work the global market by investing their money in hedge funds, they know how to manipulate a developing mind with persuasion techniques.  I perceive the downplay of higher education as a safeguard from losing members.  While the organization warns these young ones of Satan’s worldly traps when pursuing higher education, in reality it appears to me that it’s all about keeping JWs captive to the organization’s “empty philosophy”.  Col 2:8  Knowing how the young mind develops sheds light on the org's use of persistent warnings not to pursue higher education.  “Developmental Tasks and Attributes of Late Adolescence/Young Adulthood (Ages 18-24 years) http://www.amchp.org/programsandtopics/AdolescentHealth/projects/Documents/SAHRC AYADevelopment LateAdolescentYoungAdulthood.pdf This is a time of life when very little is normative. It is a period of frequent change and exploration that covers many aspects of their life: home, family, work, school, resources, and role. Develop and apply abstract thinking skills Adolescents experience significant changes in their capacity to think. In changing from concrete to abstract thought they are increasingly able to understand and grapple with abstract ideas, think about possibilities, think ahead, think about thinking, and “put themselves in another person’s shoes.” In general, this changes their ability to think about themselves, others and the world around them. This is a gradual process that spans adolescence and young adulthood. For example, early in the process youth are limited in their ability to hold more than one point of view – understanding something from one perspective but not another. ·        Capacity for abstract thought becomes established; can think abstractly and hypothetically; can discern the underlying principles and apply them to new situations; and can think about the future, considering many possibilities and logical outcomes of possible events. ·       Able to hold and manipulate clusters of abstract ideas and create systems for organizing abstract thoughts. ·       Greater ability to consider different points of view at the same time can result in increased empathy and concern for others, and new interest in societal issues for many. It also allows youth to better value the diversity of people (and their perspectives) and appreciate that there may be many right answers to a problem. Adopt A Personal Value System Adolescents develop a more complex understanding of moral behavior and underlying principles of justice. They question and assess beliefs from childhood and restructure these beliefs into a personal ideology (e.g. more personally meaningful values, religious views, and belief systems to guide decisions and behavior). ·        Decisions and values are less influenced by peers. ·       Able to see multiple viewpoints, value the diversity of people and perspectives and appreciate that there can be many right answers to a problem. ·        Identify values and viewpoints that work for oneself while respecting viewpoints/values of others I would imagine there is a high risk of young JWs entering a college or university after high school, with the same age group, and going through the same mental development stages ...leaving the Watchtower altogether.  
    • John 17:14-16 The comments in the study Bible on John 17:15 say: "Jehovah...could even separate his people physically from the rest of the world and place them in a a safe and peaceful environment. However, regarding his disciples, Jesus prayed to his heavenly Father: "I request you, not to take them out of the world, but to watch over them because of the wicked one." Jehovah has chosen not to take us "out of the world." Rather, it is his will that we live among the general population of this world in order to proclaim his message of hope and comfort to others. (Rom. 10:13-15) But, as Jesus implied in his prayer, by living in this world, we are exposed to "the wicked one." Disobedient mankind and wicked spirit forces cause much pain and anguish, and Christians are not immune to distress." 1 Peter 5:9 So while we recognize we have to live in a world under Satan's control, it doesn't mean we should go out of our way to expose ourselves to potentially dangerous influences and bad association. There are of course necessary things we must do to survive and provide for our families - such as employment, which as you correctly pointed out, can mean rubbing shoulders with worldly people and attitudes whatever level of education we choose. But even on that, we are selective so as to minimize our exposure to potentially harmful influences. It may include being selective as to what type of work we are willing to accept, or whom we work with/for. Many caring parents know they can't completely eliminate bad influences at school for instance (since kids have to have some type of schooling and it is beneficial), but they may choose to be selective as to whom they allow their kids to spend their extra time with. So living in the world, we recognize there are certain things we must do whether we like it or not. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't exercise caution and be selective as to what we choose to involve ourselves in. I could rationalize that I need a job to support myself and my family - a legitimate and necessary need,  but would I choose to work for the mafia to do so? No, I would be selective and cautious.  I agree with you. I often have the same problem on both phone and tablet. Fortunately I've recently discovered that we can edit and make corrections. I wish I had known that earlier before "auto-correct" ran roughshod over my posts.  As for my level of education, I provide as little information as possible to identify me. As a "whistleblower" on some things, there would be an opportunity for "blowback" from men in authority who have something to hide. I don't even post what country I'm from. So when I have written that at times there are men in authority who act as wickedly as people in the world and hide behind their authority, I know exactly what I'm talking about. That's why I don't buy into the "Jesus is in full control of everything..." stuff, because I know some of the stuff that goes on is about as unChristlike as you can get. He doesn't cause/control it just because he allows it for a time. I also question some of the decisions men (not Jesus) have made when I am in possession of all the facts - especially when removal or disfellowshipping has as it's objective to silence whistleblowers who expose their corruption. I have never been DF'd, but I know if they thought I was spilling the beens on them, that's exactly what would happen. So I don't mention any names either that would tip them off. Just letting people know that you can still maintain your faith and relationship with God despite the evil that (some) men do - and get away with for now.  Sorry if this rant is off topic.
    • Perhaps it can be as you said. And perhaps this can be true with many other similar "stories".   What I see as important in this "story", is fine moral message and inspirational, motivating injection that in this materialistic and superficial everyday life offers a spiritual upgrade.... said with different order of words. 
    • Some do. Like the Rainbow Mountains, and some of the Caucasus (Svaneti) look more like rocky Alps. I'd love to see those mountains, and I planned to visit Georgia within two or three years if possible. I've never been to Georgia, the closest so far has been to northern Turkey (Ankara, Zonguldak, Samsun). If Jehovah did not intervene, and nature was left to itself, moving the tectonic plates would have caused thousands of violent aftershocks and tsunamis for quite some time after the floodwaters settled. Even on water, during the Flood, the Ark would have to be given divine protection. Settling on a high mountain might protect from tsunamis but not the quakes. I'd like to look up some info on these. Where should I start?
    • The story has also been told that it was a "black boy" who offered him the newspaper for free: https://mylife-chapter.blogspot.com/2017/08/who-is-richer-than-bill-gates.html When my wife was a school principal, teachers were always putting up posters about, for example, the "Ten Things Bill Gates Says about School" or "What Bill Gates Said Were the Most Important Things in Life" etc. He may have told a story like this, but usually people create such stories so that their own moral lesson comes across with more authority.  
  • Popular Now