The World News Media

Beards in the Congregation

TrueTomHarley

In the final part of the days, the powers that be got their heads together.

"There's a lot of villains, scoundrels, pinheads and liars on the internet! Who can we send to combat them?" someone observed.

"Hmm. Well, the pool of talent is pretty shallow. I mean, there's plenty of talent but they're all busy doing the kingdom things they ought to be doing," another answered.

"You know, we could always send that idiot @TrueTomHarley. He'll reliably kick them in the teeth, all right. The only trouble is, he's as likely to annoy us as he is them."

• Views 7.7k
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

. With my usual lack of humor I present the Draft Copy of the December 2016 issue of the Watchtower which showed a Brother shaving on the cover ... it was changed before being distributed, becaus

The first Kingdom Hall I went to I had a tile floor sloped downward like a movie theater to the stage and podium. I had a large bag of marbles I hid from my mother. We arrived late and sat o

. .... In order to have organizational consistency, in the New System,  Sisters will not be allowed to shave their legs and other areas, but male lions will be trimmed to look like poodles.  Few

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

For awhile, I tried to learn Klingon .... even bought audio cassettes and considered taking classes at the KLI (Klingon Language Institute), but alas ... I could not get my throat to make those hard guttural sounds, and yell and spit at the same time.

I like when Riker was on the Klingon ship under the 'exchange student' program and had to eat their stuff.

• 1 year later...
On 2/22/2017 at 11:51 PM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

With my usual lack of humor I present the Draft Copy of the December 2016 issue of the Watchtower which showed a Brother shaving on the cover ... it was changed before being distributed, because the Brothers responsible for the VERY GOOD and accurate article ... disappeared mysteriously.

Dec 2016 Watchtower draft article .pdf 2.51 MB · 64 downloads

I don't know why I thought what I thought when I saw that pic.....another type of pillow gate could happen....men should not shave other men, at least not without witnesses around.

• 2 weeks later...

@Matthew9969 pillow what? I don't know if you hard this or got the memo but even outside of the hall, there are peeps out there that take issue with beards. No one is forced to shave, the decision is up to the individual, but the thing is we have to uphold modesty and cleanliness, as well as show respect to those we preach to in our community. If you preach around you'll run into people like this, well, some parts, for each area is different or far more/less diverse regarding race/groups/communities. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.