The World News Media

Is the Governing body still "spirit directed"?

Jack Ryan

On 12/12/2016 at 17:44, Shiwiii said:

I believe the Catholic Church is spirit-directed in that they allow their deliberations to be guided by Jehovah's inspired word

"the Church, to whom the transmission and interpretation of Revelation is entrusted, ""does not derive her certainty about all revealed truths from the holy Scriptures alone. Both Scripture and Tradition must be accepted and honored with equal sentiments of devotion and reverence""  http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p1s1c2a2.htm

I believe the Jewish Rabbi's are spirit-directed in that they allow their deliberations to be guided by Jehovah's inspired word

"So you have made the word of God invalid because of your tradition.  You hypocrites, Isaiah aptly prophesied about you when he said:  ‘This people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, for they teach commands of men as doctrines.’” Matt.15:6-9.

I believe the Hindu's are spirit-directed in that they allow their deliberations to be guided by Jehovah's inspired word

 @JW Insider has adequately answered this claim.

I believe the Islamic Cleric's are spirit-directed in that they allow their deliberations to be guided by Jehovah's inspired word

Are these the Islamic Clerics you refer to? 

ulema - the body of Mullahs (Muslim scholars trained in Islam and Islamic law) who are theinterpreters of Islam's scien-ces and doctrines and laws and the chief guarantors of continuity in the spiritual and intellectual history of the Islamic commmunity,

Whatever, I really don't know how you work out who these are in view of this chart alone????

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_schools_and_branches#/media/File:Islam_branches_and_schools.svg

Also statements like this lead me to doubt the veracity of your claim.: "However, the Muslims, do not believe that the Bible, in its present form with all of the different books that it contains, represents the original scriptures revealed by Allah."

http://talktoislam.com/39/do-muslims-believe-in-the-bible

• Views 7.3k
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Eoin Joyce I believe this is their quote about themselves you are referring to:

So what it boils down to is everyone is spirit-directed either by Jehovah or Satan. So by their fruits you can identify them. So the point would be who is the true religion. Its not rocket science. A

Is the Governing body still "spirit directed"? Of  course !  bec. its  our  only  channel  from  Jehovah  to  our  GB !  NO  one  can  purport  the  opposite

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Eoin Joyce said:

"the Church, to whom the transmission and interpretation of Revelation is entrusted, ""does not derive her certainty about all revealed truths from the holy Scriptures alone. Both Scripture and Tradition must be accepted and honored with equal sentiments of devotion and reverence""  http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p1s1c2a2.htm

"So you have made the word of God invalid because of your tradition.  You hypocrites, Isaiah aptly prophesied about you when he said:  ‘This people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, for they teach commands of men as doctrines.’” Matt.15:6-9.

 @JW Insider has adequately answered this claim.

Are these the Islamic Clerics you refer to? 

ulema - the body of Mullahs (Muslim scholars trained in Islam and Islamic law) who are theinterpreters of Islam's scien-ces and doctrines and laws and the chief guarantors of continuity in the spiritual and intellectual history of the Islamic commmunity,

Whatever, I really don't know how you work out who these are in view of this chart alone????

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_schools_and_branches#/media/File:Islam_branches_and_schools.svg

Also statements like this lead me to doubt the veracity of your claim.: "However, the Muslims, do not believe that the Bible, in its present form with all of the different books that it contains, represents the original scriptures revealed by Allah."

http://talktoislam.com/39/do-muslims-believe-in-the-bible

I was just making the blanket argument that most can claim the same direction as the post I replied to does. 

Change the names I used to Methodist/Lutheran/Baptist/ etc. it still can be claimed by many other religious groups, which in turn makes it not "special" that jw's claim the same thing. Thus no proving factor of anything. 

18 hours ago, Eoin Joyce said:

Because I wish to? Or does personal choice not figure in your universe?

Of course personal choice matters, but because this is a forum and a discussion is what is done here, I chose to point out the irrational logic to further thought. 

• 1 month later...

Oh, for crying out loud!

Who would quibble over stuff like this?

Go to the other organization that covers the globe with a united Christian message, that keeps its members no part of a decaying world, that builds a website of 850 languages to facilitate preaching, that hosts conventions for the entire membership annually, that gets persecuted without valid cause.

Go to them and tell me who they are. I'll join you.

Go find a church where they let all the above examples of Christian worship go right to seed while they quibble about words.

If it wasn't spirit directed, it would have fallen apart long ago.

Embrace 80 years and die, if anyone thinks that's so wonderful. On your grave marker quote Frank Sinatra: 'I Did it My Way.'

2 hours ago, Shiwiii said:

you must believe that the Catholic church, Islam, Hinduism and the Mormans are all also spirit directed?

They are indeed: 

"according to the system of things of this world, according to the ruler of the authority of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience" Eph.2:2

18 minutes ago, Eoin Joyce said:

They are indeed: 

"according to the system of things of this world, according to the ruler of the authority of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience" Eph.2:2

I quite agree with you that many are lead by such, however I do not think that was Tom's implication. 

• 3 months later...

So what it boils down to is everyone is spirit-directed either by Jehovah or Satan. So by their fruits you can identify them. So the point would be who is the true religion. Its not rocket science. A Spirit-directed people by God would love each other in that they would not kill each other in war time {or any other time}. Whereas each of the religions mentioned above have all at one point killed when their respective country told them to do so even killing members of their own religion. That to me shows spirit direction from the first killer Satan their father. {Source : pretty much every book in the Bible}. Jn 13:35

“Who Is Leading God’s People Today?”

“Evidence of holy spirit”

“Evidence of angelic assistance”

“Reliance on God’s Word.”

“Jesus had given his followers a commission: “You will be witnesses of me in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the most distant part of the earth.” (Acts 1:8)”

ARE WE NOT EXCITED HOW MANY LANDS THE PREACHING IS DONE IN AND LANGUAGES WE NEVER KNEW EXISTED! Yes, only by Holy Spirit can this be accomplished and the teachings not of man or Pagan teachings but from the Word of God. 

“When Jesus returned to heaven, he did not abandon his followers. (Matt. 28:20) He knew firsthand how much the holy spirit, the angels, and God’s Word helped him to take the lead when he was on earth. Therefore, he has supplied the faithful slave today with the same assistance. As anointed Christians, the members of that slave “keep following the Lamb no matter where he goes.” (Rev. 14:4) As we follow their direction, therefore, we follow our Leader, Jesus. Soon, he will lead us to everlasting life. (Rev. 7:14-17) And no human leader can promise that!”

Excerpt From: WATCHTOWER. “The Watchtower, February 2017.” 

THE "TRUTH" SETS US "FREE"! Enjoy your Watchtower for tomorrow's lesson. Good points I enjoyed.

???????

“Jesus had given his followers a commission: “You will be witnesses of me in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the most distant part of the earth.” (Acts 1:8) 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.