The World News Media

Is the Governing body still "spirit directed"?

Jack Ryan

And after putting 40 years into His service your upset. It is easy to find fault. To feel Brother he did it too should have suffered the way you did. Maybe Jah sees things different. Maybe after 40 yrs you feel this world has much more to offer...maybe this world will continue as it is. 

You know better....your better then this. Satan is enjoying this. He is laughing at YOUR expense. How proud can you be to be with a family that isn't to proud to say WE MISPOKE? Not missing a beat but go on TOGETHER learning more and more? Find that love once again, allow Jehovah to accept your apology.  Heal yourself and share the love you once had with unbelievers. 

• Views 7.2k
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Eoin Joyce I believe this is their quote about themselves you are referring to:

So what it boils down to is everyone is spirit-directed either by Jehovah or Satan. So by their fruits you can identify them. So the point would be who is the true religion. Its not rocket science. A

Is the Governing body still "spirit directed"? Of  course !  bec. its  our  only  channel  from  Jehovah  to  our  GB !  NO  one  can  purport  the  opposite

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, UcyImd1 said:

So are you wanting to return?

River of no return. I think one old movie have same title. :))

5 minutes ago, UcyImd1 said:

Or are you now into criticizing?

We here just changing information. Here exists interesting people.

8 minutes ago, UcyImd1 said:

All due respect but your comments are as if your angry unbelieving now.

No. You see how many times :) i put with my comments.  

Ok, now i have to go to work something with my hands. see you later, hehe  

11 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

are they "still spirit directed" ?

Seems to be an inference that if the group is "spirit-directed" it can't get things wrong, therefore if it does get things wrong, it cannot be "spirit-directed".

There's a flaw in the logic here. It's like saying a doctor cannot be a good one if he can't drive.

Get that flaw sorted and you might have a chance.

8 hours ago, Gone Away said:

Seems to be an inference that if the group is "spirit-directed" it can't get things wrong, therefore if it does get things wrong, it cannot be "spirit-directed".

Sorry, but all people, group/individual can be  "spirit-directed", i agree. With one little detail which i always have in mind even if i not speak it aloud -- what kind, sort of spirit took place? Spirit and spirit, one word - few meanings.

In case of WT it is very clearly that they, GB, thinking about JHVH spirit or Holy Spirit who, according to their words, is behind their WT Organization and giving direction. 

Well,  in case when Company is on so called "right way", according to logic you present, if i understand your thinking, Holy Spirit "direct" GB.

But in case when Company is on so called "wrong way" (correction will be done in some future time, and by that no one knows today that Organization is on "wrong way" :))))) , they, GB are not directed by JHVH spirit or Holy Spirit, but they are directed by some other sort, kind of spirit. Which one? Generally looking, it doesn't matter. What is matter it is that that Company walking in wrong  street, maybe even in wrong town. :=)   

This is how i can explain, as one possible among many explanation, what is going on here. :))))

56 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Well,  in case when Company is on so called "right way", according to logic you present, if i understand your thinking, Holy Spirit "direct" GB.

"you"? Not sure who you mean.

Once again you are displaying a flaw in reasoning in attributing the minutiae of the actions of men to the holy spirit.  So by your understanding if it goes right it is holy spirit, if it goes wrong it's not?

I really don't know what you are trying to describe there, but it isn't an experience I am familar with.

12 minutes ago, Gone Away said:

"you"? Not sure who you mean.

Once again you are displaying a flaw in reasoning in attributing the minutiae of the actions of men to the holy spirit.  So by your understanding if it goes right it is holy spirit, if it goes wrong it's not?

I really don't know what you are trying to describe there, but it isn't an experience I am familar with.

When we discussing theological issue like this, we can stand on few points and try to make some open conclusions. But that not necessary meaning we have right and wrong answers.  

For example we can start in this way. If want to take in consideration bible verses like one that say how "every good gift is from above", or such as "good fruit is from Spirit", gives impression that only Good, Right things is from God, who is source of good in all sort of expressions.  And all bad and evil, by this sort of logic, must be from someone else. So, some people believe in this way of logic. I can see how WT publication making such kind of explanation. Simplified answer on question: "  Where does evil come from? in WT publication put answer in two part. One source of wrong is "wicked one" and other source is "Adam and Eve".                                                                             source:  https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/wp20150701/evil/                                                                                                                           This simple WT answer in fact say that if you are not under influence of Spirit, if you are not guided by Him then your deeds is in red field.  On other side same article giving advice that people must resist and avoid bad. But in the same time God permitting evil to have power.

I am not standing and justified only one way of thinking. But rather making questions about some answers. Your's or mine or from WT. 

2 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

impression that only Good, Right things is from God

Do you think otherwise?

2 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

if you are not guided by Him then your deeds is in red field.

Don't really understand this comment.

8 hours ago, Gone Away said:

Do you think otherwise?

Don't really understand this comment.

Extreme conclusion can be this: God is good. So, all what is good in this World is from God. Devil is bad, so all what is bad in this world is from devil. But because God not stop devil to doing bad, so all good and bad is from God (old patriarch Job said to his wife same).. Because only God have power and knowledge to stop devil influence. And until today He has not done that. 

Picture of Abraham and Sara came to me. What spirit guided Abraham when he lied about Sara, how she is his sister and not wife? Is his lie in red field, or he has "theocratic warfare" and not told privileged information to person who is not entitled to hear/know it? :))   

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Devil is bad, so all what is bad in this world is from devil.

This cannot be a true statement. It is like saying my dentist is a dangerous driver, so all driving accidents in the world are caused by my dentist.

How do you define "bad"?

2 hours ago, Gone Away said:

This cannot be a true statement. It is like saying my dentist is a dangerous driver, so all driving accidents in the world are caused by my dentist.

hehe, but your dentist is not Ruler, god of this World and all what such position and title means and contains in Bible theology.

2 hours ago, Gone Away said:

How do you define "bad"?

... as it is described in Bible (religious) context.

"worldly" explanation is here: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/bad

42 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

"worldly" explanation is here

bad = worse, worst unpleasant and causing difficulties or harm

44 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

your dentist is not Ruler, god of this World and all what such position and title means and contains in Bible theology.

Not sure either of what you mean regarding my dentist not being the the god of this world, although he might as well be when he has me in the chair.

However, the inference that because the devil is bad, all badness comes from him is still not logical.