Replies

Views

Guest Nicole -
Queen Esther -

Top Posters

• Guest 1
  • Queen Esther 1

Guest Nicole

This is  brother Cross, he has served 45 years at Bethel. He was going around giving Sophia and Caleb cards to children with information about them. 

fbxg.png

6 hours ago, Nicole said:

This is  brother Cross, he has served 45 years at Bethel. He was going around giving Sophia and Caleb cards to children with information about them. 

fbxg.png

You're wonderful, our dear brother Cross❤️  thank you so much !

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Witness
      A message from a former Bethelite.

• By James Thomas Rook Jr.
      Is it fair?

Is it FAIR.wmv
    • By Jack Ryan
      Do not complain at Bethel exjw.mp4
    • By Deaf Hear USA
      https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20150715/serving-jehovah-old-age-poor-health/
      You dear older family and friends are not alone in your trials. Aged servants of Jehovah in Bible times faced similar challenges. For example, Isaac, Jacob, and Ahijah lost their eyesight. (Gen. 27:1; 48:10; 1 Ki. 14:4) Sarah felt “worn out.” (Gen. 18:11, 12) King David “could not get warm.” (1 Ki. 1:1) Wealthy Barzillai could no longer enjoy the taste of food or the sounds of music. (2 Sam. 19:32-35) Abraham and Naomi each had to cope with the loss of a marriage mate.—Gen. 23:1, 2; Ruth 1:3, 12.
      I grew up with Hula Hoops being the societal crazy thing of the time ... my children grew up with Pokemon Cards, and Sonic the Hedgehog video games.
      In 2015-2016 it seemed that Caleb and Sophia Merchandise, purses, briefcases, pins, buttons, slacks, suspenders and bow ties, and pictures, back car window decals, book covers, wall posters, 3d dolls like GB Bro. Anthony Morris III has in his Bethel Office, Videos, DVDs, coloring books, decorated birthd...er... baptism cakes, stand up displays, literature bags, greeting cards, Sophia colorful tote bags for girls, and Sophia cloth shopping bags for Wal-Mart, etc., book markers, key chains, 3d Printer statues of Caleb, ball point pens, and penlights, pins and brooches for older Sisters, and cartoon wall hangings for the inside of Caleb and Sophia dioramas, or JW.ORG men's ties, lapel pins, wristwatches, aluminum military style dog tags, rings, aluminum pendants for neck chains and charm bracelets, car bumper stickers, car window decals, women's pocket mirrors, flags to tie to radio aerials, etc. . Then there is the JW.ORG blue oversized umbrellas, Unisex Hoodie Jackets, neck lanyards, hand lunch boxes with Paradise scenes, and of course Caleb and Sophia., and to contrast, from Peru, a BRIGHT Pink Caleb and Sophia Bible cover entitled New World Translation of the HOLY SCRIPTURES ... over a large picture of guess whom?
      Of course the refrigerator magnets and motivational jewelry are big sellers, not so much for the Caleb crochetable doll ..were the craze and along with the JW.ORG logo seem to suck all the air out of the room.
      It is my perception that the "crazy years" have passed, or that it has become the new standard.
      Has the MADNESS over Caleb and Sophia subsided?

(New news ....)  A MONTANA Judge Orders Jehovah’s Witnesses to Turn Over Internal Documents Related to Childhood Sexual Abuse
      April 12, 2018

On April 5, 2018, Judge James Manley of Sanders County, Montana ordered the Jehovah’s Witnesses religious organization to produce documents and testimony related to internal reports and investigations into the childhood sexual abuse of NPR’s two clients.

In this case, the two Plaintiffs were sexually abused as children by a member of the Jehovah’s Witnesses. The Elders in the local Jehovah’s Witness congregation in Thompson Falls, Montana were aware of the abuse and failed to report it to the police, choosing instead to handle the reports and investigations internally pursuant to Jehovah’s Witness guidelines. Their decision not to report the abuse to authorities allowed the perpetrator to remain in the congregation and continue to abuse one of the Plaintiffs.

Throughout this case, and similar childhood sexual abuse cases across the country, the Jehovah’s Witnesses have refused to produce documents related to their internal handling of reports of sexual abuse and related investigations and disciplinary actions claiming that the information is protected by the clergy-penitent privilege and the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.

Through briefing to the court, NPR convinced the Judge that Defendants’ privilege claims were unsupported and improper under the law. The Court agreed that Defendants could not blanket everything related to their investigations in secrecy and that they must turn it over to the Plaintiffs. Often, this is the very evidence that can win or lose a case like this against a religious institution.

The case of Nunez, et al. v. Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of New York, et al.  is set to go to trial in September of 2018.
      The plaintiffs in this case are represented by NPR partner D. Neil Smith and associate Ross E. Leonoudakis.

----------------------------------------------------------
      A Jury of 12 held in public view ... or a tribunal of three held in complete secrecy.
      Which would YOU choose,  to get Justice?

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Despite warnings from experts, older people are using
      more anti-anxiety and sleep medications, putting
      them at risk of serious side effects and even overdoses.
      At first, the pills helped her feel so much better.
      Jessica Falstein, an artist living in the East Village in Manhattan, learned she had an anxiety disorder in 1992. It led to panic attacks, a racing pulse, sleeplessness. “Whenever there was too much stress, the anxiety would become almost intolerable, like acid in the veins,” she recalled.
      When a psychopharmacologist prescribed the drug Klonopin, everything brightened. “It just leveled me out,” Ms. Falstein said. “I had more energy. And it helped me sleep, which I was desperate for.”
      After several months, however, the horrible symptoms returned. “My body became accustomed to half a milligram, and the drug stopped working,” she said. “So then I was up to one milligram. And then two.” Her doctor kept increasing the dosage and added Ativan to the mix.
      Now 67, with her health and stamina in decline, Ms. Falstein has been diligently working to wean herself from both medications, part of the class called benzodiazepines that is widely prescribed for insomnia and anxiety. “They turn on you,” she said.
      For years, geriatricians and researchers have sounded the alarm about the use of benzodiazepines among older adults. Often called “benzos,” the problem drugs include Valium (diazepam), Klonopin (clonazepam), Xanax (alprazolam) and Ativan (lorazepam).
      The cautions have had scant effect: Use of the drugs has risen among older people, even though they are particularly vulnerable to the drugs’ ill effects. Like Ms. Falstein, many patients take them for years, though they’re recommended only for short periods. The chemically related “z-drugs” — Ambien, Sonata and Lunesta — present similar risks.
      Now the opioid epidemic has generated fresh warnings, because pain relievers like Vicodin (hydrocodone with Tylenol) and OxyContin (oxycodone) are also frequently prescribed for older people. When patients take both, they’re at risk for overdosing.
      Read more: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/16/health/elderly-drugs-addiction.html
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Dan King says he was hit over the head with own crutch after asking a doorknocker to leave.
      An elderly, disabled Whangarei man is warning people to be careful who they answer the door to after allegedly being attacked with his own crutch following an altercation with a door knocker.
      Dan King, 75, says the man, claiming to be a Jehovah Witness, had called at his place twice prior to the altercation. Each time the man was alone and King found it difficult to get the man to leave.
      "I told him I was not interested and asked him not to come back again. In spite of that he returned three times in close succession."

King says he received these bumps and abrasions after being hit with own crutch.
      King called 111 and reported the attack to the police and has since filed a formal statement with the Whangarei Police who have advised they are investigating the incident.
      On Wednesday, Rod Spinks, media spokesperson for Jehovah's Witnesses in Australasia, says they we were unaware of the allegation and had since initiated a request to determine whether anything is known of the allegation locally.
      "The local congregation would not encourage members to call on a householder who had requested they not call.
      "We fully support the efforts of the police to protect the community and would always recommend that any such concerns be immediately reported to the police."
      KIng who walks with the aid of crutches or uses a mobility scooter, has a sign on his door asking salespeople not to call and a sign on the gate saying 'private property no entry'. He says he finds it difficult to get to the door and doesn't want to be bothered unnecessarily. The door knocker returned again on November 3.
      "I was annoyed when he returned the third time after being asked not to. On this occasion I asked him five times to leave The debate then got rather heated and he grabbed the crutch and hit me over the head. I had to grab the verandah rail to stop from falling onto the ground."
      King says the man is intimidating and has heard he is using the same approach with others in the area.
      He says he is speaking out in the interests of public safety.
      Read more: https://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/local-news/northland/whangarei-leader/99371411/Elderly-disabled-man-hit-over-head-by-door-knocker
    • By Bible Speaks
      It is written: “the Abrahamic covenant went into effect in 1943 B.C.E., when 75-year-old Abraham left Haran and crossed the Euphrates River.”
      However, Abraham had already left his home in Ur out of obedience to Jehovah. Why did it not start at that time? The Bible tells us Abraham postponed the arduous trip out of consideration for his father’s poor health and remain in Haran until his father’s death. 
      Many Christians today likewise have the privilege of caring for aging or sick parents, some even having to make an adjustment in order to do so.
      When that is necessary, such ones can be assured that their loving sacrifices are “acceptable in God’s sight.”—1 Timothy 5:4. Lev. 19:32. -
      Bible Speaks

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      MIAMI (WSVN) - A South Florida family is speaking out days after an 83-year-old, wheelchair-bound woman was killed by a hit-and-run driver on her way to church in Miami.
      Margaret Ruiz’s loved ones are seeking solace in their faith. “You can’t avoid these things that happen in life, but we have to believe, and we have to have trust and love and faith,” said Lucy Ruiz, the victim’s sister.
      Lucy, 73, said she is still in shock over how her older sister was killed. “It’s very upsetting to hear that. So sudden,” she said.
      Grainy surveillance video captured her as she traveled on her electric wheelchair down the sidewalk, near Northeast 62nd Street and Second Avenue, moments before, police said, she was struck by a four-door, dark-colored sedan, Wednesday evening.
      “If she were here, I would just tell her how much I love her,” said Lucy.
      Margaret, a devout Jehovah’s Witness, was heading to religious services at the time of the hit-and-run.
      The surveillance footage shows the car involved in the crash fleeing from the scene.
      Margaret leaves behind five children. One of her sons, Barry Pantoja, arrived to South Florida from New York with his entire family on Monday.
      “She was my whole world for many years, and she loved her family very much,” he said.
      Pantoja said his mother was a devoted mother and an esteemed member of her faith community. “She was loved, and she really appreciated, in so many ways, the way people extended themselves to her and her congregation,” he said.
      Pantoja said Margaret moved to Florida to live with her sister. Over the years, she became isolated from her family and never returned to her home in New York.
      Relatives said Margaret eventually fell on hard times and became homeless. She later moved into an affordable housing community.
      Lakeisha Ware, Margaret’s case manager, helped the elderly woman transition off the streets.
      “It’s hard because you have to have a mother. She is somebody’s mother. She’s somebody’s grandmother,” said Ware. How can you do that to a person and not look back?”
      Amid their grief and pain, Margaret’s family hopes to see her again. “As Jehovah’s Witnesses, we believe in a resurrection, and I actually look forward to the day I see my mother again,” said Pantoja as he held back tears. “It’s the hope we all hold in our faith, and it’s the only thing that keeps us from being totally devastated.”
      If you have any information on this hit-and-run, call Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at 305-471-TIPS. Remember, you can always remain anonymous, and you may be eligible for a $3,000 reward.
      http://wsvn.com/news/local/family-of-elderly-woman-killed-in-miami-hit-and-run-speaks-out/
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Alvin Mann and Gertrude Mokotoff exchanged vows on Aug. 5 before 50 family members and friends at Middletown City Hall in Middletown, N.Y. CreditJustin Gilliland/The New York Times
      Gertrude Mokotoff and Alvin Mann were introduced eight years ago at a gym in Middletown, N.Y., where they still work out twice a week.
      “A mutual friend said to me, ‘I’d like you to meet a very nice young lady,’” Mr. Mann recalled after chopping wood one recent morning at his mountaintop home in nearby Cuddebackville, N.Y.
      On their first date, he drove her to a restaurant in Middletown called Something Sweet. “He was a perfect gentleman,” she said, and he added, “There was something about her that made me want to keep on talking.”
      In a heartbeat, they became an item, talking about dreams and goals and sharing a life together.
      Read more: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/11/fashion/weddings/senior-citizen-older-couple-wedding.html
    • By Bible Speaks
      Caleb and Sophia Goes Around the World! ???
      1• Visiting Caleb and Sophia’s corner at the Central America Bethel branch in Mexico.
      2• Caleb and Sophia love jumpy pics too!!  Having fun!
      3• KEEP ON PREACHING! with Caleb and Sophia — BETHEL in INDONESIA
      4• Caleb  and Sophia are going to the Kingdom Hall.. Hebrews 10:25 
      5• Lara helping out Caleb and Sophia in the printing department at the Australia Bethel. 
      6• Visiting with Caleb and Sophia at London Bethel. 
      7• Make Disciples in China 
      8• Go to the Most Distant Part of the earth in  Rome 
      9• Thank Jehovah for Sunset and Rest! Hawaii

• By Queen Esther
      NEW  WORLD  WARWICK  CENTER,  HEADQUARTERS,  USA 
      The  beautiful  entrance  hall ❤
      By Guest
      Shared by @craigcarsonea
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      By @1957evans
    • By TrueTomHarley
      I like the song video; ‘Why We Went to Bethel.”

I like that it is all children. Adults are in the background for support. They clap, sway, play instruments. But the centerpiece is the kids. 

If you weren’t paying attention, you might miss that it is shot in different countries, with different choirs of kids. That’s how seamless it has been produced by really capable people.

I like the child that pops up at the end, “Thank you, Jehovah.”

The brother who I think I would like in person will not join in the singing. He just won’t do it. But he will watch the Sergei vignettes just before, which are just as good. In fact, they are better.

• By The Librarian
      Photo shared by @steentime

Patterson Bethel. Photo shared by @steentime

View the full article
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Happy testing equipment for dubbing of videos in Tagalog at Philippines Bethel

• Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      This is our  dear sister Mildred Simpkin. She attended the  the first  School of Gilead and is  currently serving at Watchtower Farms

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Visiting  our sister Emily Ressel, (87). She can speak four languages: English, German, Polish and Ukrainian and has served as a pioneer more than 20 years in Germany. 

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      This family is visiting, one of their children had the privilege to show them the facilities. 

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      When we need help, who can help us? Samson gave the best example! "Samson now called out to Jehovah..." (Jud. 16:28-31). By @luizbera

• Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    AliciaBarbosa
    Newest Member
    AliciaBarbosa

• Topics

• Wouldn't a core doctrine be one in which we put "unwavering" faith. This is the whole reason I mention "core" or "key" doctrines. If we were to be killed unless we publicly renounced our faith in Jehovah God as the Creator, and Jesus Christ as the one through whom the Ransom comes, we should be willing to die for that doctrine. I would not be willing to die over my certainty that Jesus was only using hyperbole when he said that the men of Sodom would do better in a resurrection of the unrighteous on Judgment Day, than persons in towns that rejected Jesus during his earthly ministry. (Only the most diabolical of inquisitors would ask such a question anyway. I think I would go for "theocratic war strategy. 😉 )
    • I like that. It's an excellent explanation of one of the points made in the day's text and commentary. Perhaps. And so were all the 1 year old babies destroyed in the Flood. And so were the 185,000 of Senacherib's troops. I used that one because it's one for which most of us would be the least surprised if we discovered that the WT changed the teaching again.  Not sure what you mean. I already believe that the primary core doctrine is God's value through his Son's ransom sacrifice. Other doctrines are also just as necessary, though.  There actually is a contradiction between the Bible and AD 1914. And we don't need any independent understanding not supported by Scripture, such as the independent understanding of John Aquila Brown, or more specifically, that of Nelson H Barbour, neither of which were supported by Scripture. It should ALWAYS be the exploit of any faithful Witness to uncover truth and try to resolve any contradictions that can be resolved by Scripture itself, not anything independent of Scriptural support.  On the matter of the 1914 doctrine, an easier explanation with human controversy --but no scriptural controversy-- has already been posted. Easier isn't proof that it's better, but it's definitely easier. Here it is: Jesus came to earth to preach about a God's Kingdom through Christ and give himself over to death as a perfect ransom for sin, to fulfill the Law, and SIT AT GOD'S RIGHT HAND and therefore RULES AS KING since the time of his resurrection in 33 CE. That's it. Simple. No contradictions with any Scripture. From that point on, in 33 CE he SITS AT GOD'S RIGHT HAND and therefore RULES AS KING ruling in the midst of enemies, including war, famine, sickness, and will continue ruling as king until God has put all enemies under his feet, including the last enemy: death.  The current belief in 1914 creates a contradiction with this very point, because we are currently forced to ignore 1 Cor 15:25, which indicates that "sitting at God's right hand" is the same as "ruling as King." Right now, our current teaching is that Jesus sat at God's right hand in 33, and THEN LATER began ruling as king in 1914. Paul says that Jesus began ruling as king WHEN he sat at God's right hand. I'm swapping them because they mean exactly the same thing to me. No difference. Doctrine means teaching. True but notice the words that Paul used instead of "sit at my right hand" here: (1 Corinthians 15:25) 25 For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet. Turns out that when a king sits on a throne, this is actually an expression meaning rule as king. Just like when we say that a man "sat on the throne" starting in AD 1066, for example. Turns out that a king does not have to stand up from a throne to begin ruling as king. Turns out that sitting on a throne is not a synonym for just waiting around. By that logic, Jesus is not even NOW ruling as king, because God has not yet put the last enemy Death beneath his feet. (1 Corinthians 15:25,26) 25 For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet. 26 And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing.
    • If only you would stop quoting outside sources, and just be more basic with your comments, then i may understand them . Yes I understand 'if your throw out all the good, only the bad is left.  But the reverse is, if you only see the good, you are not being honest with yourself or others.  @Arauna is a case in point.  
    • @JW Insider Quote " The day's text is about the resurrection, and the commentary speaks of the importance of including this among our key doctrines, as if it might not have been "up there" with the rest. " That seems rather strange to me. But then they are getting short of things to say.  However, i would have thought every Christian, no matter what ever 'sect' or  pigeon hole you put them in, would definitely believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ, and put it up near the top of important beliefs.  However making Bible Facts, doctrines, seems unfair to God and to the Bible itself.  doctrine a belief or set of beliefs held and taught by a Church, political party, or other group.   It's as if the JW Org tries to 'own' such things. @TrueTomHarley quite often goes on about the things that the JW Org teaches. As if those things 'belonged to the JW Org'.  Whereas a lot of the same beliefs are held by thousands of people, and they not all being of the same organisation.     Quote " The Teaching about Christ's Kingdom -  Of course that final one might be a nod to "1914" as a key teaching, but it is worded here in such a way that no one could dismiss Christ's Kingdom as a key teaching. "   Now here we see a difference between Bible truth and JW doctrine.    Christ's Kingdom is Bible truth.   1914 is JW Org doctrine.   (This would bring us back to. Would a person be d/fed or 'watched' if they did not believe the 1914 doctrine?)    Matthew 22 v 44    ‘Jehovah said to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies beneath your feet”’? So if Jesus was to sit at Gods right hand, until God had put Jesus' enemies beneath Jesus' feet.  Then Jesus could not have had the power to do it himself. Therefore surely Jesus was not ruling as King immediately ?    As for 1914, we know that no one of the Bible Students or JW leaders, were or are inspired of Holy Spirit. So maybe 1914 is just another guess or misuse of scriptures.    What is your view of the difference between 'Core doctrines' and Key teachings ?    And you seem to keep swapping expressions from Core doctrines, to Core teachings, to Key teachings.  Can you explain the difference please ?    
    • I confess that I am falling well short of the 100 times a day that I ought. I ask your forgiveness. Human limitations is the only excuse I have to offer. If you negate the upside, then all there is left to look at is the downside, and that is the case with many here.  I keep coming back to a line from The Scarlet Letter: “It is remarkable, that persons who speculate the most boldly often conform with the most perfect quietude to the external regulations of society.” Nobody speculates more boldly, departing from the herd-like thinking of this world, than Jehovah’s Witnesses. True to that Hawthorn line, they have no difficulty conforming to the “external regulations of their society.” Though Hawthorn does not say it, the reverse is also true. Those who cannot “conform to the external regulations of that society” and so leave it, perhaps guys like Shiwiiiii, are the most non-bold thinkers of all. They are individualistic in superfluous ways, but conformist in all the ways that matter.
    • Perhaps you are reading something into the book of Jude that I haven't been able to see. To me, the reason for the letter was this: Jude 4 I say this because some ungodly people have wormed their way into your churches, saying that God’s marvelous grace allows us to live immoral lives. This was similar to the problem in Corinth, where certain brothers were PROUD that they could put up with a notorious case of incest, due to a misunderstanding and misuse of "undeserved kindness." (1 Corinthians 5:1, 2) . . .Actually sexual immorality is reported among you, and such immorality as is not even found among the nations—of a man living with his father’s wife. 2 And are you proud of it? Should you not rather mourn, so that the man who committed this deed should be taken away from your midst? Such persons who used the idea of forgiveness, mercy, and undeserved kindness (grace), as an excuse for loose/brazen conduct were not blowing the whistle on wrongdoing, but were PROMOTING wrongdoing. It was the same as dismissing and speaking abusively against things that Jesus himself had said to "prove false to our only owner and Lord, Jesus Christ." Michael wouldn't even speak abusively of the Devil and yet these people are going to go further than that and think it's OK to speak abusively of Jesus and the angels? It's also possible that the leaders (elders) are considered the "glorious ones" but this makes less sense to me. Perhaps a topic for further discussion?
  • Popular Now