The World News Media

Use Technology to “Attend” Conventions and Save Big $

Guest Nicole

I just spoke with my friend, she is a need greater and is serving in a rural place where there is no electricity, and conditions are not ok, so bad that she told me that she honestly does not imagine me visiting there, although I visit her everywhere she goes...the thing is that the small congregation of around 20 publishers was smart and attending the regional convention was so expensive for them that they decided to buy a modern second hand TV at a bargain price. They had the 3 days regional convention virtually, using a generator,  the elder downloaded the assembly program, despite it being an assembly with a different accent they still enjoyed it. There is another story behind to get the generator working, the  computer and cable that  connects the computer to the TV, but I don't want to make a large story, it is clear that Jehovah helped them.

My point is that I am glad they are using technology, that is how it should be, and not making people  spend money they don't have and making  them feel bad when they are not able to attend assemblies due to money problems. 

• Views 1k
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love this!! We too use technology not for the same circumstance. But I care for home bound brother and sister and I put the words to the songs and play all videos for meetings at the same time the Kin

Thank you Nichole I am also thankful for this site to bring more spirituality into their home they only get these 4 walls and with this site I can bring brothers and sisters world wide into there home

AMEN!!!!

Love this!! We too use technology not for the same circumstance. But I care for home bound brother and sister and I put the words to the songs and play all videos for meetings at the same time the Kingdom Hall does so that they feel more a part of the congregation. They absolutely thank Jehovah for the provision. ?

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.