The World News Media

"THE BIBLE IS STILL LOVED BY MILLIONS,READ BY MILLIONS, AND STUDIED BY MILLIONS"

Guest Kurt

"The New Testament is the very best book that ever was or ever will be known in the world." --Charles Dickens 

"I am profitably engaged in reading the Bible. Take all of this Book that you can by reason and the balance by faith, and you will live and die a better man. It is the best Book which God has given to man." --Abraham Lincoln 

"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible." --George Washington 

"A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education." -- Theodore Roosevelt 

"Bible reading is an education in itself." --Lord Tennyson 

"I have always said that a studious perusal of the sacred volume will make better citizens, better fathers, and better husbands." --Thomas Jefferson. 

"The Bible is worth all the other books which have ever been printed." -- Patrick Henry (Founding Father of the United States) 

"The Bible shows the way to go to heaven, not the way the heavens go." -- Galileo Galilei 

"The Bible is a revelation of the mind and will of God to men. Therein we may learn, what God is." -- Jupiter Hammon (American Poet) 

"Intense study of the Bible will keep any writer from being vulgar, in point of style." -- Samuel Taylor Coleridge (Poet & philosopher) 

"It is Christ Himself, not the Bible, who is the true word of God. The Bible, read in the right spirit, and with the guidance of good teachers, will bring us to Him." -- C.S. Lewis 

“Without writing a single line, he set more pens in motion, and furnished themes for more sermons, orations, discussions, learned volumes, works of art, and songs of praise, than the whole army of great men of ancient and modern times.” -- nineteenth century Historian Philip Schaff 

"So great is my veneration for the Bible that the earlier my children begin to read it the more confident will be my hope that they will prove useful citizens of their country and respectable members of society. I have for many years made it a practice to read through the Bible once every year." --John Quincy Adams 

"It is impossible to enslave, mentally or socially, a bible-reading people. The principles of the bible are the groundwork of human freedom." -- Horace Greely 

"Evolution has been observed. It's just that it hasn't been observed while it's happening" -- Richard Dawkins

"A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence." -- David Hume 

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." -- Hamlet Act 1, scene 5 

"Probably every physicist would believe in a creation if the Bible had not unfortunately said something about it many years ago and made it seem old-fashioned." -- George Thomson, English Nobel Laureate, 

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (-- Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton) 

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." -- Sherlock Holmes 

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one"-- Albert Einstein 

SPIRITUALITY 

"I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time, waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God, it changes me." -- Shadowlands - movie on the life of CS Lewis, 

LIFE 

'The past isn't dead. It isn't even past.' — William Faulkner 

"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara 

"Man [..] he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived." -- Dali Lama 

PHILOSOPHY 

"There is only one thing a philosopher can be relied upon to do, and that is to contradict other philosophers." -- William James
GOD 

"A God that would use his power to create human beings whom he foreknew and predestinate it would be eternally tormented could be neither wise, just nor loving, his standard would be lower than that of many men." -- Charles Taze Russell 

"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell." -- C.S. Lewis 

source

Albert Einstein: Gud, Religion och teologi

• Views 678
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.