Sign in to follow this  
Bible Speaks

GO AWAY SATAN! IT IS JEHOVAH GOD YOU MUST WORSHIP!

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Bible Speaks -
Queen Esther -

Top Posters

GO AWAY SATAN! IT IS JEHOVAH GOD YOU MUST WORSHIP
4 "Then Jesus was led by the spirit up into the wilderness to be tempted by the Devil.  
2 After he had fasted for 40 days and 40 nights, he felt hungry. 
3 And the Tempter approached and said to him: “If you are a son of God, tell these stones to become loaves of bread.” 
4 But he answered: “It is written: ‘Man must live, not on bread alone, but on every word that comes from Jehovah’s mouth.’”
5 Then the Devil took him along into the holy city, and he stationed him on the battlement of the temple 
6 and said to him: “If you are a son of God, throw yourself down, for it is written: ‘He will give his angels a command concerning you,’ and, ‘They will carry you on their hands, so that you may not strike your foot against a stone.’” 
7 Jesus said to him: “Again it is written: ‘You must not put Jehovah your God to the test.’”
8 Again the Devil took him along to an unusually high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 
9 And he said to him: “All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me.” 
10 Then Jesus said to him: “Go away, Satan! For it is written: ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’” 
11 Then the Devil left him, and look! angels came and began to minister to him."
(Matthew 4;1-11) NWT

jw.org

IMG_2724.JPG

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Witness
      "Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.” John 4:23,24
      In one publication by the organization, it uses 1 Cor 10:14 and 1 John 5:21 to explain that a true Christian would not worship God at any place of ‘special value’. Their comment is based on Jesus’ words in John 4:21-24. The publication states that doing so would incur idol worship, resulting from viewing any place as holy in itself. This article is in a public addition of the magazines, dated 2016. Search, “shrine”.
      SHRINE – “any structure or place consecrated or devoted to some saint, holy person, or deity, as an altar, chapel, church, or temple.”
      Kingdom halls and assembly halls have been referred to as “God’s House”, also the Bethels. (Bethel means “House of God”) Since the organization is taught as being “spirit-directed”, belonging to “Jehovah”, and owned buildings are included in his “earthly belongings”, they are all considered “holy”. The presence of God’s Spirit is assumed as being within a building, and within the organization as a whole. Rev 13:15 (see John 20:22) In fact, kingdom halls and assembly halls particularly, are frequently dedicated to God as the ancient temples were; dedicated to God, until men make the decision to treat it as real estate and sell it off.
      Don’t you find it an anomaly, JWs, that God’s spirit appears to be everywhere at man’s whim, except in the hearts of your leaders, who admit they are not “inspired”? 2 Tim 3:1,5,7,8
      In summarizing your leaders’ documented words, it reveals that you have been encouraged to practice idolatry by applying a special value to the organization and its earthly goods. Matt 6:19,20;19:24 Does this make JWs, “true Christians”? We are very aware that idolaters are not true Christians following the teachings and command of Christ. Isa 2:7,8; Matt 5:19,20 (The organization has a routine of speaking some truth, but putting the opposite into practice, and expecting JWs to do the same - to fall into idolatry.) (Exod 32:2-8; Isa 44:20; Rom 1:25)
      “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.” John 4:21
      The organization is considered “mountain-like”, prophesied to be established in the last days, (Isa 2:2,3) yet it stands in defiance of Jesus’ words spoken to the woman at the well. Can we say we believe in, and know the Son, if his teachings - his admonition about how we should worship - are not followed? Luke 11:28; John 12:48; 14:24 “Antichrist” means “against” Christ; as an opponent of Christ. In action, we can see that the organization is against this teaching of Jesus, fully contradicting his words. It continues to build its holy places, and comparing them to temples. Luke 4:5-8; John 2:19-21; Acts 7:48-51; 17:24-25
      It must be confusing to believe that both an earthly organization, as well as God with His Son, can grant one salvation. Isa 46:5; 57:13; Dan 11:38; Rev 13:4 Please, sort it out in your mind and heart, JWs. You have in one hand, a counterfeit teaching that a fabricated earthly “mountain” will lead you to eternal life; that you must be baptized into “Jehovah’s organization” to receive eternal life. In the other hand, you are presented by Christ, God’s way of approved worship. His definition of Mount Zion is far different than what your leaders promote. “Daughter Zion” is not an earthly organization comprised of buildings and people. It doesn’t refer to every “Jehovah’s Witness”. It refers to chosen, faithful anointed ones who will serve the Father and Jesus eternally as “priests and kings” in God’s Kingdom. They are the spiritual descendants of Jacob, and God’s spiritual “dwelling”. This is the true Temple today; the authentic ZION. 1 Pet 2:5,9,10; 1 Cor 3:16,17;2 Cor 6:16; Eph 2:20-22; Rev 3:12
      “In the last days
      the mountain of the Lord’s temple will be established
      as the highest of the mountains;
      it will be exalted above the hills,
      and all nations will stream to it.” Isa 2:2
      For those who reject the idolatrous way of worship highly promoted by the organization’s leaders, the “spirit-directed” idol “kills”/disfellowships any who desire to obey Christ’s teachings and search out the proper way to worship, as explained in the article. Luke 21:12; 9:24; John 15:21; John 16:2; Rev 13:15 When you compare the words in the article, with the subsequent actions carried out against its teaching, can you see the hypocrisy in this, JWs?
      The organization makes the enlightening statement that the “antichrist” can refer to a false “christ”, as well as any group as an organization, or group of people that makes the claim to represent Christ; but instead, oppose him. The identity of the Antichrist today has pertinent characteristics to help pinpoint that it is for certain, the organization and its leaders.
      1 John 4:1-3 addresses the spirit of false prophet/false “christs”:
      “Beloved, believe not every spirit, but prove the spirits, if they are of God; because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
      2 Hereby ye know the Spirit of God: every spirit which confesses Jesus Christ come in flesh is of God;
      3 and every spirit which does not confess Jesus Christ come in flesh is not of God: and this is that [power] of the antichrist, [of] which ye have heard that it comes, and now it is already in the world.
       “A true Prophet believes and preaches the physical incarnation of the Word, into Jesus Christ. He will preach Jesus as came to Earth and put on humanity in order to redeem us all. This previous incarnation would precede the next one (Heb 1:6; Acts 3:21; Matt 17:11; Acts 1:11). Any who deny this future earthy materialization of Christ and his co-rulers (Rev 5:10; Rom 8:19; John 1:51; Rev 21:2), essentially deny the first one (John 1:14). The very concept of an exclusive "heavenly hope", promotes the "spirit of the anti-Christ" (1 John 4:2,3; 2 John 1:7).”
      2 John 2:7 – “ For many deceivers have gone out into the world, they who do not confess Jesus Christ coming in flesh—this is the deceiver and the antichrist.”
      Pearl Doxsey, “Prophets Within Christ’s Body/Temple Foundation”  4womaninthewilderness
      Clearly, a false prophet that directs a “mountain-like” organization can be considered “anti-christ” and which was also prophesied to appear in the last days. Rev 13:1,2,5-7,11,14-17 This two-fold powerful rule, advertised as led by Christ, is “lawlessness”. 2 Thess 2:3,4; Rev 13:18 It is a counterfeit mountain which preaches a message of worship contrary to Christ’s teaching of worshiping in the Spirit and in truth.
      2 John 2 continues: “Anyone who does not remain in Christ’s teaching but goes beyond it, does not have God. The one who remains in that teaching, this one has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your home, and don’t say, 'Welcome,' to him; 11 for the one who says, “Welcome,” to him shares in his evil works."
      "God is spirit, and His worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.” John 4:24
      “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’" Matt 7:21-23 
      The “Man of Lawlessness” is determined to destroy God’s true way we are to worship. How? By “trampling” the authentic Temple of God; by appearing to be higher and mightier than God’s spiritual dwelling in the anointed ones; even more powerful than Christ himself.
      2 Thess 2:4 - "He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God (divinity) or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God/divine.
      Dan 8:11 - "It even magnified itself to be equal with the Commander of the host; and it removed the regular sacrifice from Him, and the place of His sanctuary (Temple) was thrown down." 
      The organization’s perceived divinity is fueled by the men who operate it; the elder body, who are spiritual “Gentiles”. 
      Pearl Doxsey coments:
      Mark called the Man of Lawlessness, a "disgusting thing standing where it does not belong" (Mark  13:14).
      It does not belong to Gentiles/nations (Rev 11:2), to be in the midst of God's Temple (2 Chron 23:6; Num 3:10).
      Even worse, to rule over it and trample it down.
      Yet we see in the time of the end, God's Temple priesthood is trespassed and taken over, by the Gentiles... the Man of Lawlessness.
      It is important to know what God's Temple is today, or else, how will we recognize when it is being trampled?
      1 Cor 3:16 shows that God's Temple, is the hearts of his anointed and faithful priests...
      "you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit lives within you?" (1Cor.3:16)
      "Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and anointed us is God, who also sealed us and gave us the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge of what is to come." (2 Cor 1:21,22)
      So when we are looking for the man of lawlessness setting himself over God's Temple, we should be looking for that one, setting himself up over the anointed priests belonging to God's Temple, and those under-priests of Christ, accepting domination in their heart.
      From “Christs Return – When?” 4womaninthewilderness
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      What about the true Mount Zion to be established in the last days? Worshiping in spirit and truth requires recognizing the given authority of Christ over his Temple “stones”. (1 Pet 2:5,9) Man’s authority that regulates all activity and oppresses the anointed in the organization, is as Pearl brought out, “lawlessness”. Rev 13:8; 19:20; Ezek 14:10
      JWs, lawlessness exists in the absence of LOVE. Analyze your way of worship, coupled with the organization’s grandiose attempt to hide its blasphemous idolatry, by capping it off with this summer’s convention theme.
      John 5:41-43 “I do not accept glory from human beings, 42 but I know you. I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts. 43 I have come in my Father’s name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him.
      “Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.” John 4:23
      JWs, Jesus has spelled out quite clearly, the criteria for worshiping the Father in the Spirit and in truth. Are you adhering to that criteria, evaluating Jesus’ words against those your leaders expect you to follow? Mark 13:21-33
      Whose words, carry eternal life? Matt 7:13,14; John 10:7-10; John 3:16; Matt 19:29  
      Pearl Doxsey, from “FAINT OUT OF FEAR”:
      God DOES have a "mountain"....a spiritual one.
      It is ZION, and IT is the place of proper worship "in spirit and truth", just as prophesied at Isa 2:2,3 and Rev 14:1.
      It is organized, according to the divine arrangement, of Eph 2:20-22,10; 4:11,12 and 1 Cor 12:12,14,18,27,28.
      It is God's spiritual Temple (Isa 2:2), established in the heavens (Heb 8:5;9:24; 12:22,23; 1 Cor 3:16,9).
      That temple...
      [from it's founding "cornerstone" (Ps 118:22; Eph 2:20) to it's "capstone" (Zech 4:7,9-11,14; Rev 11:3,4)]
      ...is made of chosen, living stones (1 Pet 2:5,9) who worship in spirit and truth.
      There is where you can find living waters, contained within their "fruit" (Luke 6:44,45)
      (John 7:38,39; 14:17; 16:13; 1 Cor 2:12,13; Rev 22:17,1-3; Matt 7:20.
      "So we say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?'" (Heb 13:6)
      Isa 2:22
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      I pulled out my tattered Living Bible given to me when I was a young girl, to quote Zech 4:1-14:
      Then the angel who had been talking with me woke me, as though I had been asleep.
      2. What do you see now?” he asked.
      I answered, “I see a golden lampstand holding seven lamps, and at the top there is a reservoir for the olive oil that feeds the lamps, flowing into them through seven tubes. 3 And I see two olive trees carved upon the lampstand, one on each side of the reservoir. 4 What is it, sir? I asked. “What does this mean?” 5 Don’t you really know?” the angel asked. “No sir, I said, “I don’t.”
      6 Then he said, “This is God’s message to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord of Hosts—you will succeed because of my Spirit, though you are few and weak’.
      7 Therefore no mountain, however high, can stand before Zerubbabel! For it will flatten out before him! And Zerubbabel will finish building this Temple with mighty shouts of thanksgiving for God’s mercy, declaring that all was done by grace alone.”
      8 Another message that I received from the Lord said: 9 Zerubbabel laid the foundation of this Temple, and he will complete it. (Then you will know these messages are from God, the Lord of Hosts.) 10 Do not despise this small beginning, for the eyes of the Lord rejoice to see the work begin, to see the plumbline in the hand of Zerubbabel. For these seven lamps represent the eyes of the Lord that see everywhere around the world.”
      11 Then I asked him about the two olive trees on each side of the lampstand, 12 and about the two olive branches that emptied oil into the golden bowls through two golden tubes.
      13 “Don’t you know?” he asked. “No, sir,” I said.
      14 Then he told me, “They represent the two anointed ones who assist the Lord in all the earth.”

Consider - “The Rise of Mount Zion” 4womaninthewilderness

• By The Librarian
      Satan = [Resister].
      In many places in the Hebrew Scriptures, the word sa·tan′ appears without the definite article. Used in this way, it applies in its first appearance to the angel that stood in the road to resist Balaam as he set out with the objective of cursing the Israelites. (Nu 22:22, 32) In other instances it refers to individuals as resisters of other men. (1Sa 29:4; 2Sa 19:21, 22; 1Ki 5:4; 11:14, 23, 25) But it is used with the definite article ha to refer to Satan the Devil, the chief Adversary of God. (Job 1:6, ftn; 2:1-7; Zec 3:1, 2) In the Greek Scriptures the word sa·ta·nas′ applies to Satan the Devil in nearly all of its occurrences and is usually accompanied by the definite article ho.

Origin. 
      The Scriptures indicate that the creature known as Satan did not always have that name. Rather, this descriptive name was given to him because of his taking a course of opposition and resistance to God. The name he had before this is not given. God is the only Creator, and ‘his activity is perfect,’ with no injustice or unrighteousness. (De 32:4) Therefore, the one becoming Satan was, when created, a perfect, righteous creature of God. He is a spirit person, for he appeared in heaven in the presence of God. (Job chaps 1, 2; Re 12:9) Jesus Christ said of him: “That one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him.” (Joh 8:44; 1Jo 3:8) Jesus here shows that Satan was once in the truth, but forsook it. Beginning with his first overt act in turning Adam and Eve away from God, he was a manslayer, for he thereby brought about the death of Adam and Eve, which, in turn, brought sin and death to their offspring. (Ro 5:12) Throughout the Scriptures the qualities and actions attributed to him could be attributed only to a person, not to an abstract principle of evil. It is clear that the Jews, and Jesus and his disciples, knew that Satan existed as a person.
      So, from a righteous, perfect start, this spirit person deviated into sin and degradation. The process bringing this about is described by James when he writes: “Each one is tried by being drawn out and enticed by his own desire. Then the desire, when it has become fertile, gives birth to sin; in turn, sin, when it has been accomplished, brings forth death.” (Jas 1:14, 15) In the course that Satan took, there seems to be, in some respects, a parallel with that of the king of Tyre as described in Ezekiel 28:11-19.—See PERFECTION (The first sinner and the king of Tyre).
      The Scriptural account, therefore, makes it plain that it was Satan who spoke through the medium of a serpent, seducing Eve into disobedience to God’s command. In turn, Eve induced Adam to take the same rebellious course. (Ge 3:1-7; 2Co 11:3) As a consequence of Satan’s use of the serpent, the Bible gives Satan the title “Serpent,” which came to signify “deceiver”; he also became “the Tempter” (Mt 4:3) and a liar, “the father of the lie.”—Joh 8:44; Re 12:9.
      Issue of Sovereignty Raised. 
      When Satan approached Eve (through the speech of the serpent), he actually challenged the rightfulness and righteousness of Jehovah’s sovereignty. He intimated that God was unrightfully withholding something from the woman; he also declared that God was a liar in saying that she would die if she ate the forbidden fruit. Additionally, Satan made her believe she would be free and independent of God, becoming like God. By this means this wicked spirit creature raised himself higher than God in Eve’s eyes, and Satan became her god, even though Eve, at the time, apparently did not know the identity of the one misleading her. By his action he brought man and woman under his leadership and control, standing up as a rival god in opposition to Jehovah.—Ge 3:1-7.
      The Bible, in lifting the veil to give a glimpse into heavenly affairs, reveals that Satan later as a rival god appeared before Jehovah in heaven, challenging Jehovah to His face, saying that he could turn God’s servant Job, and by implication any servant of God, away from Him. He charged God, in effect, with unrighteously giving Job everything, along with full protection, so that he, Satan, could not test Job and show what was really in his heart, which, Satan intimated, was bad. He implied that Job served God primarily for selfish considerations. Satan made this point of his argument clear when he said: “Skin in behalf of skin, and everything that a man has he will give in behalf of his soul. For a change, thrust out your hand, please, and touch as far as his bone and his flesh and see whether he will not curse you to your very face.”—Job 1:6-12; 2:1-7; see SOVEREIGNTY.
      In this special case, Jehovah allowed Satan to bring calamity upon Job by not interfering when Satan brought about a raid from Sabean marauders as well as destruction of flocks and shepherds by what Job’s messenger called “the very fire of God” from the heavens; whether this was lightning or other fire is not stated. Satan also brought a raid by three bands of Chaldeans, as well as a windstorm. These things caused the death of all of Job’s children and destroyed his property. Finally, Satan inflicted a loathsome disease upon Job himself.—Job 1:13-19; 2:7, 8.
      These things reveal the might and power of the spirit creature Satan, as well as his vicious, murderous attitude.
      It is important to note, however, that Satan recognized his impotence in the face of God’s express command, for he did not challenge God’s power and authority when God restricted him from taking Job’s life.—Job 2:6.
      Continued Opposition to God. By his challenge of God and his charging God’s servants with lack of integrity, Satan lived up to his title “Devil,” meaning “Slanderer,” which title he deserved for having slandered Jehovah God in the garden of Eden.
      Joined by other wicked demons. Before the Flood of Noah’s day, it appears that other angels of God left their proper habitation in the heavens, as well as their assigned positions there. Materializing human bodies, they came to dwell on earth, marrying women and producing offspring called Nephilim. (Ge 6:1-4; 1Pe 3:19, 20; 2Pe 2:4; Jude 6; see NEPHILIM; SON OF GOD.)
      These angels, having left God’s service, came under the control of Satan. Hence Satan is called “the ruler of the demons.” In one instance, when Jesus expelled demons from a man, the Pharisees accused him of doing so by the power of “Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons.” That they had reference to Satan is shown by Jesus’ answer: “If Satan expels Satan, he has become divided against himself.”—Mt 12:22-27.
      The apostle Paul associates Satan with “the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places,” and he speaks of them as “the world rulers of this darkness.” (Eph 6:11, 12) As a governing force in the invisible realm immediately about the earth, Satan is “the ruler of the authority of the air.” (Eph 2:2) In Revelation he is shown to be the one “misleading the entire inhabited earth.” (Re 12:9) The apostle John said that “the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.” (1Jo 5:19) He is therefore “the ruler of this world.” (Joh 12:31) That is why James wrote that “the friendship with the world is enmity with God.”—Jas 4:4.
      His Fight to Destroy the “Seed.” Satan made early efforts to block the promise of the “seed” to come through Abraham. (Ge 12:7) He evidently tried to get Sarah contaminated so that she would be unfit to bear the seed; but God protected her. (Ge 20:1-18) He did everything possible to destroy the ones whom God chose as Abraham’s seed, the nation of Israel, by inducing them to sin and by bringing other nations against them, as Bible history shows throughout. A high point in Satan’s ambitious attempts in his fight against God, and what appeared to Satan to be success, was reached when the king of the Third World Power of Bible history, Babylon, took Jerusalem, overturning the rulership of King Zedekiah of the line of David, and destroyed the temple of Jehovah, desolating Jerusalem and Judah.—Eze 21:25-27.
      As an instrument of Satan, the ruling dynasty of Babylon, initially headed by Nebuchadnezzar, held Israel in exile for 68 years, until Babylon’s overthrow. Babylon had no intention of ever releasing its captives and so reflected Satan’s own boastful, ambitious attempts as a rival god opposed to the Universal Sovereign Jehovah. The Babylonian kings, worshiping their idol god Marduk, the goddess Ishtar, and a host of others, were actually worshipers of the demons and, as part of the world alienated from Jehovah, were under Satan’s domination.—Ps 96:5; 1Co 10:20; Eph 2:12; Col 1:21.
      Satan filled the king of Babylon with the ambition to have complete domination over the earth, even over “Jehovah’s throne” (1Ch 29:23) and “the stars of God,” the kings of the line of David sitting on the throne at Mount Moriah (by extension, Zion). This “king,” that is, the dynasty of Babylon, ‘lifted himself up’ in his own heart and was in his own eyes and in the eyes of his admirers a “shining one,” a “son of the dawn.” (In some translations the Latin Vulgate term “Lucifer” is retained. It is, however, merely the translation of the Hebrew word heh·lel′, “shining one.” Heh·lel′ is not a name or a title but, rather, a term describing the boastful position taken by Babylon’s dynasty of kings of the line of Nebuchadnezzar.) (Isa 14:4-21) Since Babylon was a tool of Satan, its “king” reflected Satan’s own ambitious desire. Again, Jehovah came to the salvation of his people by restoring them to their land, until the real Seed of promise should come.—Ezr 1:1-6.
      Efforts to cause Jesus to stumble.
      Satan, no doubt identifying Jesus as the Son of God and the one who was prophesied to bruise him in the head (Ge 3:15), did everything he could to destroy Jesus. But, when announcing the conception of Jesus to Mary, the angel Gabriel told her: “Holy spirit will come upon you, and power of the Most High will overshadow you. For that reason also what is born will be called holy, God’s Son.” (Lu 1:35) Jehovah safeguarded his Son. The efforts to destroy Jesus when an infant were unsuccessful. (Mt 2:1-15) God continued to protect Jesus during his youth. After his baptism, Satan approached Jesus in the wilderness with three different strong temptations, thoroughly testing him on the issue of devotion to Jehovah. In one of his appeals Satan showed Jesus all the kingdoms of the world, claiming them to be his own. Jesus did not contradict this claim. Nonetheless, Jesus refused to contemplate even for the briefest instant of time any “shortcut” to kingship, nor did he consider for an instant the doing of anything merely to please himself. His immediate reply to Satan was, “Go away, Satan! For it is written, ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’” At this, “the Devil . . . retired from him until another convenient time.” (Mt 4:1-11; Lu 4:13) This illustrates the truth of James’ words later written: “Oppose the Devil, and he will flee from you.”—Jas 4:7.
      Jesus was ever alert to the danger of Satan’s machinations and to the fact that Satan desired to cause his destruction by getting him to entertain a thought contrary to Jehovah’s will. This was demonstrated when Peter, on one occasion, though with good intentions, was actually throwing temptation in his way. Jesus had spoken of the suffering and death he was to undergo. “At this Peter took him aside and commenced rebuking him, saying: ‘Be kind to yourself, Lord; you will not have this destiny at all.’ But, turning his back, he said to Peter: ‘Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me, because you think, not God’s thoughts, but those of men.’”—Mt 16:21-23.
      Throughout Jesus’ ministry he was in danger; Satan used human agents to oppose Jesus, trying either to cause him to stumble or to kill him. At one time the people were about to seize Jesus to make him king. But he would not consider such a thing; he would accept kingship only in God’s time and way. (Joh 6:15) On another occasion those of his own hometown attempted to kill him. (Lu 4:22-30) He was constantly harassed by those whom Satan used to try to trap him. (Mt 22:15) But in all of Satan’s efforts, he failed to cause Jesus to sin in the slightest thought or deed. Satan was thoroughly proved to be a liar, and he failed in his challenge of God’s sovereignty and the integrity of God’s servants. As Jesus said, shortly before his death: “Now there is a judging of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out”—completely discredited. (Joh 12:31) Satan had a grip on all mankind through sin. But, knowing that Satan would soon bring about his death, Jesus, after celebrating his last Passover with his disciples, could say: “The ruler of the world is coming. And he has no hold on me.”—Joh 14:30.
      A few hours later, Satan succeeded in having Jesus put to death, first getting control of one of Jesus’ apostles, then using the Jewish leaders and the Roman World Power to execute Jesus in a painful and ignominious manner. (Lu 22:3; Joh 13:26, 27; chaps 18, 19) Here Satan acted as “the one having the means to cause death, that is, the Devil.” (Heb 2:14; Lu 22:53) But in this Satan failed to promote his cause; he only unwillingly fulfilled prophecy, which required that Jesus die as a sacrifice. The death of Jesus in blamelessness provided the ransom price for humankind, and by his death (and subsequent resurrection by God) Jesus could now help sinful humankind to escape from the grip of Satan, for, as it is written, Jesus became blood and flesh “that through his death he might bring to nothing the one having the means to cause death, that is, the Devil; and that he might emancipate all those who for fear of death were subject to slavery all through their lives.”—Heb 2:14, 15.
      Continues to fight Christians. After Jesus’ death and resurrection, Satan continued to wage a bitter fight against Christ’s followers. The accounts in the book of Acts and in the letters of the Christian Greek Scriptures furnish numerous proofs of this. Paul said that he had been given “a thorn in the flesh, an angel of Satan, to keep slapping” him. (2Co 12:7) And as in the case with Eve, Satan disguised his real nature and purposes by “transforming himself into an angel of light,” and he had agents, ministers who “also keep transforming themselves into ministers of righteousness.” (2Co 11:14, 15) Examples of these were the false apostles who fought against Paul (2Co 11:13) and those in Smyrna ‘who said they themselves were Jews, and yet they were not but were a synagogue of Satan.’ (Re 2:9) Satan never ceased in making accusations “day and night” against Christians, challenging their integrity, as he did Job’s. (Re 12:10; Lu 22:31) But Christians have “a helper with the Father, Jesus Christ, a righteous one,” who appears before the person of God in their behalf.—1Jo 2:1.
      His Abyssing and Final Destruction. 
      At the time of Satan’s act in causing Eve and then Adam to rebel against God, God said to the serpent (actually speaking to Satan, since a mere beast could not understand the issues involved): “Dust is what you will eat all the days of your life. And I shall put enmity between you and the woman and between your seed and her seed. He will bruise you in the head and you will bruise him in the heel.” (Ge 3:14, 15) Here God made it known that Satan, cast outside God’s holy organization, would have no life-sustaining hope but would ‘eat dust,’ as it were, until he died. The “seed” eventually was to bruise him in the head, which would signify a death wound. When Christ was on earth, the demons identified him as the One who was to hurl them into the “abyss,” evidently a condition of restraint that in the parallel account is spoken of as “torment.”—Mt 8:29; Lu 8:30, 31; see TORMENT.
      In the book of Revelation, we find described the last days of Satan and his end. Revelation reports that at the time of Christ’s taking Kingdom power, Satan is hurled down out of heaven to the earth, no longer having access to the heavens, as he did in the days of Job and for centuries thereafter. (Re 12:7-12) After this defeat Satan has only a “short period of time,” during which he makes war with “the remaining ones of [the woman’s] seed, who observe the commandments of God and have the work of bearing witness to Jesus.” In his efforts to devour the remaining ones of the woman’s seed, he is called “the dragon,” a swallower or crusher. (Re 12:16, 17; compare Jer 51:34, where Jeremiah speaks for Jerusalem and Judah, saying: “Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon . . . has swallowed me down like a big snake [or, “a dragon,” ftn].”) In the earlier description of his fight against the woman and his efforts to devour her man child, he is pictured as “a great fiery-colored dragon.”—Re 12:3.
      Revelation’s 20th chapter describes Satan’s being bound and abyssed for a thousand years, at the hands of a great angel—doubtless Jesus Christ, who has the key of the abyss and who is the “seed” to bruise Satan’s head.—Compare Re 1:18; see ABYSS.
      Satan’s final effort culminates in permanent defeat. 
      The prophecy says that he is to be let loose for “a little while” as soon as Christ’s Thousand Year Reign is ended and that he will lead rebellious persons in another attack upon God’s sovereignty; but he is hurled (along with his demons) into the lake of fire and sulfur, everlasting destruction.—Re 20:1-3, 7-10; compare Mt 25:41; see LAKE OF FIRE.
      What is meant by ‘handing a person over to Satan for destruction of the flesh’?
      In instructing the congregation at Corinth as to the action to take toward a member of the congregation who had wickedly been committing incest with the wife of his father, the apostle Paul wrote: “Hand such a man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh.” (1Co 5:5) This was a command to expel the man from the congregation, cutting off all fellowship with him. (1Co 5:13) Turning him over to Satan would put him out of the congregation and into the world over which Satan is the god and ruler. Like “a little leaven” in “the whole lump” of dough, this man was “the flesh,” or fleshly element inside the congregation; and by removing this incestuous man, the spiritually minded congregation would destroy “the flesh” from the midst of it. (1Co 5:6, 7) Similarly, Paul handed Hymenaeus and Alexander over to Satan, because they had thrust aside faith and a good conscience and had experienced shipwreck concerning their faith.—1Ti 1:20.
      Later, the incestuous man in Corinth apparently repented from his wrongdoing and cleaned up, prompting the apostle Paul to recommend his being received back into the congregation. In exhorting them to forgiveness, he gave as one of the reasons, “that we may not be overreached by Satan, for we are not ignorant of his designs.” (2Co 2:11) In the first instance, Satan had brought the congregation into a bad condition in which they had to be reproved by the apostle, for they were too lenient, in fact, were letting the wicked man carry on his practice without regard for the reproach it brought, being “puffed up” in allowing it. (1Co 5:2) But on the other hand, if they now swung to the other extreme and refused forgiveness to the repentant one, Satan would be overreaching them in another direction, namely, that he could take advantage of their becoming hard and unforgiving. Through God’s Word, Christians are enlightened to realize Satan’s existence, his power, his designs and purposes, and his manner of operation, so that they can fight this spiritual foe with the spiritual weapons God provides.—Eph 6:13-17.
      - Insight on the Scriptures
      Will Satan be dead when he is in the abyss for one thousand years?
      Who ultimately destroys or “kills” Satan? Jesus Christ or Jehovah?
      What about the Demons?

Devil
      This descriptive name was given to Satan because he is the chief and foremost slanderer and false accuser of Jehovah, his good word, and his holy name. The Greek di·a′bo·los means “slanderer.” (Compare Lu 16:1, where the related verb di·a·bal′lo occurs.)—See SATAN.
      Down through the centuries the Devil has demonstrated that he is the arch-opposer of both God and man. He disputed with Michael over the body of Moses (Jude 9); showed he has power to ensnare others (1Ti 3:7; 2Ti 2:26); used people such as the false religious leaders, Judas Iscariot, and Bar-Jesus as his children (Joh 8:44; 13:2; Ac 13:6, 10); oppressed persons beyond the cure of the physicians (Ac 10:38); had righteous ones thrown into prison (Re 2:10); and even had the means to cause untimely death (Heb 2:14). Christians are, therefore, admonished not to give this Slanderer of God an opening by continuing in a provoked state. (Eph 4:27) “Keep your senses, be watchful,” Peter warns. “Your adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone.”—1Pe 5:8.
      There are other instances in the original text of the Christian Greek Scriptures where the word di·a′bo·los occurs but does not refer to Satan, so the word is properly rendered “slanderer.” For example, in referring to Judas, Jesus said to the 12, “One of you is a slanderer” (Joh 6:70); women in the congregation were cautioned not to be slanderous (1Ti 3:11; Tit 2:3); that “men will be . . . slanderers” is one of the evidences of “the last days.”—2Ti 3:1-5.
      Jehovah’s law to the nation of Israel forbade them to slander one another. (Le 19:16) The tenor of the entire Bible is against such misuse of the tongue.—2Sa 19:27; Ps 15:3; 101:5; Pr 11:13; 20:19; 30:10; Jer 6:28; 9:4.

See also
      Watchtower (Public) - November 2014 - Is Satan Real?
      Can Satan Influence Our Dreams?
      Satan The Master Craftsman PDF

• By The Librarian
      Question sent in years ago that I never posted.
    • By Bible Speaks
      “[God] did not leave himself without witness in that he did good, giving you rains from heaven and fruitful seasons,
      filling your hearts to the full with food and good cheer.” (Acts 14:17)
    • By The Librarian
      Consider three important steps to overcome improper desires.
      Source
    • By Jack Ryan
      I assume the Watchtower meant this to represent Satan in Eden?
    • By Bible Speaks
      12 ...."‘This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah says:“You were the model of perfection, Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
      13  You were in Eʹden, the garden of God. You were adorned with every precious stone —Ruby, topaz, and jasper; chrysʹo·lite, onyx, and jade; sapphire, turquoise, and emerald;
      And their settings and mountings were made of gold. They were prepared on the day you were created.
      14  I assigned you as the anointed covering cherub. You were on the holy mountain of God, and you walked about among fiery stones.
      15  You were faultless in your ways from the day you were created
      Until unrighteousness was found in you.
      16 Because of your abundant trade, You became filled with violence, and you began to sin. So I will cast you out as profane from the mountain of God and destroy you, O covering cherub, away from the stones of fire.
      17  Your heart became haughty because of your beauty.
      You corrupted your wisdom because of your own glorious splendor. I will throw you down to the earth. I will make you a spectacle before kings.
      18 Because of your great guilt and your dishonest trading, you have profaned your sanctuaries.
      I will cause a fire to break out in your midst, and it will consume you. I will reduce you to ashes on the earth before all those looking at you.
      19  All who knew you among the peoples will stare at you in amazement. Your end will be sudden and terrible,
      And you will cease to exist for all time.”’”
      (Ezekiel 28:12-19) NWT
      jw.org

• By Jack Ryan
      What was the point in creating them in the first place?
    • By Jack Ryan
      If he could turn sticks into snakes in Egypt, it's reasonable he could fix cancer.
    • By sami
      Worship
              שׁחה         schacah

In our modern western culture worship is an action directed toward Elohiym and Elohiym alone. But this is not the case in the Hebrew Bible. The word shahhah is a common Hebrew verb meaning to prostrate oneself before another in respect, or simply, obeisance. We see Moses doing this to his father-in-law in Exodus 18:7. From a Hebraic perspective obeisance is the act of getting down on ones knees and placing the face down on the ground before another worthy of respect.
      scha-cah         Bend Down (verb)         7812         To pay homage to another one by bowing low or getting on the knees with the face to the ground.

The English word obeisance is a valid translation for the Hebrew schacah and the koine Greek cognate proskuneo?

obeisance [oh-bay-sanss] : a bow or curtsy showing this attitude [Old French obéissant obeying]; an attitude of respect or humble obedience; a gesture of respect, as a bow; homage or an act of homage; a gesture or movement of the body, such as a curtsy, that expresses deference or homage; an attitude of deference or homage [collectively taken from Amercian Standard, Collins Basic English, and Ologies, etc]

The above is quite consistent with the Hebrew schacah, and the koine Greek cognate proskuneo - It means bow down or lie down in recognition of higher authority whether that be by Jacob toward Esau, Judah's brothers toward Judah, Nebuchadnezzar toward Daniel, malak toward Jesus whom was raised up in authority over the malak, and all things toward Jehovah - including Jesus bowing down to his god and father, Jehovah [Matthew 4:10; John 20:17, et al]. That is all it has ever meant - to bow down in recognition of relative higher authority. Could be your dog toward another dog,or another dog toward your dog, or even your dog toward you when you come home.

Proskuneo toward Jesus has always been acceptable. Proskuneo toward Jesus as or in the place of Jehovah is defined as blasphemy in both the Hebrew and Greek texts.

Proskuneo toward Jesus as or in the place of Jehovah is defined as blasphemy in both the Hebrew and Greek texts

"Worship" is an English word, and at best, has a strained abstract association with schacah - strained particularly far if one presumes that it is indicative of use in identification of Jehovah [as is the common modern Christian theory brought forth, that if the malak schacah Jesus this means Jesus = Jehovah].

That logic and reasoning, however, are shown flawed, as such logic and reasoning would then extend to present Esau as Jehovah, and Abraham's father in-law and the Canaanites as = to Jehovah as well - when in fact there is nothing in the word itself which meant the object of schacah as identification of Jehovah himself. A True and accurate translation will consistently employ the abstract sense of the English word "worship" in translating both the Hebrew and the Greek in harmony with the directive rendered in Deuteronomy.

Is this theological bias? You bet. It is however, biblically reflected and established theological bias [bowing to men does not necessarily indicate an English equivalent to worship, but biblically, throughout, bowing down to Jehovah can be supported in the more abstract sense of "worship"] - as the Tanakh establishes such bias, there are translations however, which adhere to the Tanakh written directive - only Jehovah is worshiped, all others are paid deep respect and homage - the act is the same, the object is quite differently presented biblically.

It is also out of theological bias from which so many employ the same translational approach, but add certain individual humans to switch from "bow down" to "worship" - such as Jesus wherein many late period Christian organizations raised Jesus to the level of Jehovah. Both approaches demonstrate theological bias, but one has support of the remainder of the biblical texts, and the other, the later especially, does not.

Original Word Word Origin

proskuneÑw from (4314) and a probable derivative of (2965) (meaning to kiss, like a dog licking his master's hand)

Definition
      to kiss the hand to (towards) one, in token of reverence
    • By Brother Rando
      The Book of Daniel is the angel Gabriel’s witness to Daniel about God’s Kingdom.  Gabriel gives details about God’s Kingdom, what that Kingdom will do for mankind, and he witnesses about the coming Messiah and identifies to Daniel who the Ruler of God’s Kingdom would be.
      “In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever,” (Daniel 2:44)
      “You should know and understand that from the issuing of the word to restore and to rebuild Jerusalem until Mes·siʹah the Leader, there will be 7 weeks, also 62 weeks. She will be restored and rebuilt, with a public square and moat, but in times of distress.  “And after the 62 weeks, Mes·siʹah will be cut off, with nothing for himself.” (Daniel 9:25-26) The Hebrew word Messiah is translated ‘Christ’ in English.  The prophecy mentions “7 weeks, also 62 weeks”—a total of 69 weeks.  Therefore, the prophetic 69 weeks amount to 69 units of 7 years each, or a total of 483 years. If we count from 455 B.C.E., a period of 483 years takes us to the year 29 C.E. That was exactly the year when Jesus was baptized and became the Messiah! * (Luke 3:1, 2, 21, 22)
      The Jews in 29 CE where in expectation of the arrival of the Messiah!  “Now the people were in expectation and all of them were reasoning in their hearts about John, “May he perhaps be the Christ?”  (Luke 3:15)
      In the final Chapter of Daniel, Gabriel gives detailed information about the Ruler of God’s kingdom that would mark the End of the Gentile times.  At that time, “the appointed times of the nations” ended, and Jesus Christ was installed as God’s heavenly King. *—Psalm 2:1-6; Daniel 7:13, 14.  The prophecy is detailed to Daniel in the following scripture from Gabriel. “During that time Miʹcha·el will stand up, the great prince who is standing in behalf of your people. And there will occur a time of distress such as has not occurred since there came to be a nation until that time. And during that time your people will escape, everyone who is found written down in the book.” (Daniel 12:1)
      Yes in 1914, Michael the Great Prince stands up to begin Ruling as King of God’s Kingdom.  Michael is the Mighty God in Isaiah 9:6, the Prince of Peace, the Angel of Great Counsel who is Wisdom in Proverbs 8.  Michael is the one Philippians spoken of has being given the Name. “Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus,  who, although he was existing in God’s form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God.  No, but he emptied himself and took a slave’s form and became human.  More than that, when he came as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to the point of death, yes, death on a torture stake” (Philippians 2:5-8)
      For this very reason, God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name,  so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend—of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground—  and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father. (Philippians 2:9-11)
      “And she gave birth to a son, a male, who is to shepherd all the nations with an iron rod. And her child was snatched away to God and to his throne.” (Rev 12:5)  “And war broke out in heaven: Miʹcha·el and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled  but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them any longer in heaven.  So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.” (Rev 12:7-9)
      Notice what the following verse calls Michael. “I heard a loud voice in heaven say:
      “Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the Kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our brothers has been hurled down, who accuses them day and night before our God!  And they conquered him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their witnessing, and they did not love their souls even in the face of death.” (Rev 12:10-11)
      “the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God’s trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first.” (1 Thessalonians 4:16)  Commanding Call, an Archangel’s Voice and with God’s Trumpet all point to the Word of God, the Lord himself Jesus Christ.  “As for you, Daniel, keep the words secret, and seal up the book until the time of the end. Many will rove about, and the true knowledge will become abundant.” (Daniel 12:4)
      Then Gabriel tells Daniel: “Go, Daniel, because the words are to be kept secret and sealed up until the time of the end.  Many will cleanse themselves and whiten themselves and will be refined. And the wicked ones will act wickedly, and none of the wicked will understand; but those having insight will understand.” (Daniel 12:9-10)
      “If, in fact, the good news we declare is veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing,  among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.” (2 Corinthians 4:3-4)
      “For we are preaching, not about ourselves, but about Jesus Christ as Lord and ourselves as your slaves for Jesus’ sake.” (2 Corinthians 4:5)  “For if you publicly declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and exercise faith in your heart that God raised him up from the dead, you will be saved.  For with the heart one exercises faith for righteousness, but with the mouth one makes public declaration for salvation.” (Romans 10:9-10) “And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.” (Matthew 24:14)
      This is a small synopsis of the scriptures of the glorious good news about the Christ.  To gain understanding to keep on living: “Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, so that he may exalt you in due time,  while you throw all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you.” (1 Peter 5:6-7)
      For a Free Study of the Bible, click here.
    • By Brother Rando
      You may be surprised to find out that the trinity doctrine does not accept Jesus Christ.  It promotes a false gospel that ‘three separate persons make up God’ which is unbiblical. Therefore, it is not unusual to come across an apostate trinitarian who deny the teachings of Jesus Christ.
      When Jesus Christ stated that ‘God is a Spirit’ in (John 4:24) trinitarians proclaim that Christ was lying because their doctrine teaches that God is made up of three separate PERSONS.  In John 17:1 Jesus addresses his Father in prayer, he said: “Father,… and in John 17:3  he states, “This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God”  Was Jesus addressing God the Father or the trinity itself?
      Trinitarians proclaim he was not addressing the trinity itself, but God the Father.  Wouldn’t that prove that the trinity is a False God?  “He stands in opposition and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he sits down in the temple of God, publicly showing himself to be a god.” (2 Thessalonians 2:4)
      As Jesus continue his teachings he states, “God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth.” (John 4:24)  Notice those worshiping HIM is in singular?  Not ‘us’ ‘we’ they’ ‘them’ or even ME.  Since trinitarians admit that the trinity is not God itself, aren’t trinitarians worshipping ‘gods’?  None of them worship God the Father alone who Jesus claims to be the only true God in (John 17:3)  Jesus Christ continues, “Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him.” (John 4:23)
      According to Jesus, only the Father was to be worshipped, not a trinity of ‘gods’.  Jesus made his Father’s Name known to his disciples. “I have made your name manifest to the men whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours, and you gave them to me, and they have observed your word.” (John 17:6)  Jesus even went as far to teach his disciples to pray this way: “Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified.” 
      If you take a closer look at the trinity doctrine, NONE of the Persons have a NAME.  It’s a generic formula borrowed from Pagan Worship. Trinitarians shout and yell that, Jesus is God the Son in the trinity.  But the trinity itself simply doesn’t give witness about Jesus.  When asked to show the doctrine they often turn red and say that I must simply believe them.  Then I ask, since the trinity doesn’t state that Jesus is God the Son, show one scripture that states that. They hee and haw in frustration and begin to taunt and curse not able to find a single verse. You won’t find God the Son or God the Holy Spirit in the Bible because it simply isn’t.  There is a HUGE difference from God the Son and son of God.  If Jesus is the son of God, then whose son is he?  The trinity doesn’t have three sons does it?
      Jesus is not the only person to give witness about his God and Father.  The Apostles would greet one another with a similar phrase.  “Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,” (1 Peter 1:3)   The trinity omits the Name of God, and it omits the Name of Christ.  Matter of fact, here is what the scriptures state about the trinity. “For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those not acknowledging Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.” (2 John 7)
      Have you accepted the mark of the Beast and not even know it?  In Ancient times, the trinity was symbolized by three snakes, each snake would chase its own tail looking like the number 6.   A time is coming, if you refuse to worship the trinity, you will be put to death.  “And it was permitted to give breath to the image of the wild beast, so that the image of the wild beast should both speak and cause to be killed all those who refuse to worship the image of the wild beast.” (Rev 13:15)  
      The trinity is the Biggest Occult ever, with a Worldwide membership of 2.8 Billion People and growing!  Mankind who are both weak or strong, slave or king, such ones march in the streets to promote or protest.  They place themselves above others claiming they have rights that no one else can have.  They proclaim they even have the right to end life, should they carry a life inside them. They make themselves godlike and others have to bend to their superiority.  (Read 2 Timothy 3:1-5)
      Those who deny Wisdom, have actually denied Christ and have already accepted the mark of the Beast willingly.  “For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins,” (Hebrews 10:26)
      Feel free to contact me if you wish to leave the occult of the trinity.  There is HELP.
    • By Brother Rando
      The Memorial of Christ is not the Last Supper that the world continues to celebrate. The Last Supper can also be rendered the Last Passover Meal. The Jewish Day began at Sunset.  Since the Sun sets at various times, the Passover Supper would begin after the Sun disappeared from the Horizon with darkness setting in. The Last Passover Meal was Nisan 14th, 33 CE with the abolishment of the Old Covenant.
      When evening came, he was reclining at the table with the 12 disciples. ?While they were eating, he said: “Truly I say to you, one of you will betray me.” (Matthew 26:20-21)   The event that concluded the Last Passover Meal was the dismissal of an unfaithful apostle.  Jesus answered: “It is the one to whom I will give the piece of bread that I dip.” So after dipping the bread, he took it and gave it to Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot. ?After Judas took the piece of bread, then Satan entered into him. So Jesus said to him: “What you are doing, do it more quickly.”  (John 13:26-28)  “So after he received the piece of bread, he went out immediately. And it was night.” (John 13:30)
      After dismissing the betrayer from the midst of the Faithful Disciples, Jesus instituted a new teaching for His Faithful Followers.  Notice, the whole world wasn’t invited, but those who proved to be faithful and trustworthy up to this point.  Since the founding of the Christian Congregation on Pentecost 33 CE, Christians have been commemorating the death of Jesus Christ every Nisan 14th.  With one simple command,  his faithful sheep “Keep doing this in remembrance of me.” (Luke 22:19)
      Please join us for the annual observance of the death of Jesus Christ. This year it will be held on Saturday, March 31.   Search for your Language and Place.

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Why the Watchtower Study Edition,  January 2018, page 26, says: 

"Satan’s world has made humans suffer for some 6,000 years."? How do they get that calculation?

HOW TO BE HAPPY
      19. Who can never be really happy?
      19 Satan’s world has made humans suffer for some 6,000 years. Now, in the last days of this system, the earth is full of people who focus on themselves, money, and pleasures. They think of what they can get and make their own desires the main thing in life. But people like that cannot be truly happy! In contrast, the Bible says: “Happy is the one who has the God of Jacob as his helper, whose hope is in Jehovah his God.”—Psalm 146:5.
      https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/402018246
    • By Brother Rando
      Praised be {Jehovah} the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, (1 Peter 1:3) Jesus spoke these things, and raising his eyes to heaven, he said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify your son so that your son may glorify you, (John 17:1)  This means everlasting life, their coming to know YOU, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ. (John 17:3)  I have made your name manifest to the men whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours, and you gave them to me, and they have observed your word. (John 17:6)  I have given them the glory that you have given me, in order that they may be one just as we are one. (John 17:22)  Righteous Father, the world has, indeed, not come to know you, but I know you, and these have come to know that you sent me. ?I have made your name known to them and will make it known, so that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them.” (John 17:25-26)
      You must pray, then, this way: “Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. ?Let your Kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also on earth.” (Matthew 6:9-10)  Go in through the narrow gate, because broad is the gate and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are going in through it; ?whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are finding it. (Matthew 17:13-14)  Concerning that day or the hour nobody knows, neither the angels in heaven nor the Son, but the Father. (Mark 13:32)  For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, (1 Timothy 2:5)  Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6)  No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him,and I will resurrect him on the last day. (John 6:44)
      “That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.” (Psalms 83:18)
      Why Study the Bible?

• Guest Nicole
    • By Brother Rando
      Who would reject the Baptism in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ? The Answer may surprise you.  In fulfillment of prophecy Jesus stated, “And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.” (Matthew 24:14)
      The Catholic Encyclopedia, II, page 263:“The baptismal formula was changed from the name of Jesus Christ to the words Father, Son, and Holy Spirit by the Catholic Church in the second century.”
      “The Demonstratio Evangelica” by Eusebius: Eusebius was the Church historian and Bishop of Caesarea. On page 152 Eusebius quotes the early book of Matthew that he had in his library in Caesarea. According to this eyewitness of an unaltered Book of Matthew that could have been the original book or the first copy of the original of Matthew. Eusebius informs us of Jesus’ actual words to his disciples in the original text of Matthew 28:19: “With one word and voice He said to His disciples: “Go, and make disciples of all nations in My Name, teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you.” That “Name” is Jesus.
      The Tyndale New Testament Commentaries, I, page 275:“It is often affirmed that the words in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost are not the ipsissima verba [exact words] of Jesus, but…a later liturgical addition.”
      Catholic Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger: He makes this confession as to the origin of the chief Trinity text of Matthew 28:19. “The basic form of our (Matthew 28:19 Trinitarian) profession of faith took shape during the course of the second and third centuries in connection with the ceremony of baptism. So far as its place of origin is concerned, the text (Matthew 28:19) came from the city of Rome.” — Joseph Ratzinger (pope Benedict XVI) Introduction to Christianity: 1968 edition, pp. 82, 83.
      How did the Hebrew Book of Matthew 28:18-20 read? “Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth.  Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations in MY Name,  teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.” (Hebrew Matthew 28:18-20)
      To request a free home Bible Study click here.
    • By Cos
      Did Stephen pray to Jesus? Acts 7:59

The Watchtower has said, “Every prayer is a form of worship.” (The Watchtower, December 15, 1994, p. 23)

The Watchtower, February 1, 1959 page 96 in the section ‘Questions from Readers’ says, “the PRAYER offered by Stephen when he was being martyred is recorded at Acts 7:59, 60….”

The Watchtower admits that this was a prayer!

Stephen prayed to Jesus. Stephen therefore actually worshipped Jesus! <><
    • By Bible Speaks
      #Creator #JehovahGod #UniversalSovereign? #Nebulas? #GodsKingdom #GoodNews #LoyalLove #HeKnows? #HeKnowsThemAllByName?#Miracles?Read JOB chapter 38 in full. Wow!
      MAN LITTLENESS COMPARED TO OUR CREATOR JEHOVAH GOD 
      Job 38 Then Jehovah answered Job out of the windstorm:  2 “Who is this who is obscuring my counsel And speaking without knowledge?  3 Brace yourself, please, like a man; I will question you, and you inform me.  4  Where were you when I founded the earth? Tell me, if you think you understand. 5 Who set its measurements, in case you know, Or who stretched a measuring line across it?  6 Into what were its pedestals sunk, Or who laid its cornerstone, 7 When the morning stars+ joyfully cried out together, And all the sons of God began shouting in applause? 8 And who barricaded the sea behind doors+ When it burst out from the womb,  9 When I clothed it with clouds And wrapped*  it in thick gloom, 10 When I established my limit for it And put its bars and doors in place, 11 And I said, ‘You may come this far, and no farther; Here is where your proud waves will stop’? 12 Have you ever* commanded the morning Or made the dawn know its place, 13  To take hold of the ends of the earth And to shake the wicked out of it? 14 It is transformed like clay under a seal, And its features stand out like those of a garment. 15 But the light of the wicked is held back from them, And their uplifted arm is broken. 16 Have you gone down to the sources of the sea Or explored the deep waters? 17  Have the gates of death  been revealed to you, Or have you seen the gates of deep darkness?18  Have you understood the vast expanse of the earth?+ Tell me, if you know all of this. 19 In which direction does the light reside? And where is the place of darkness, 20  That you should take it to its territory And understand the paths to its home? 21 Do you know this because you were already born And the number of your years is great? 22 Have you entered the storehouses of the snow, Or have you seen the storehouses of the hail, 23  Which I have reserved for the time of distress,For the day of battle and war? 24 From what direction is light dispersed, And from where does the east wind blow on the earth? 25 Who has cut a channel for the flood And made a path for the thunderous storm cloud, 26 To make it rain where no man lives,BOn the wilderness where there are no humans, 27  To satisfy devastated wastelands And cause the grass to sprout?28  Does the rain have a father, Or who fathered the dewdrops? 29 From whose womb did the ice emerge, And who gave birth to the frost of heaven 30 When the waters are covered as if with stone, And the surface of the deep waters is frozen solid? 31 Can you tie the ropes of the Kiʹmah constellation Or untie the cords of the Keʹsil constellation? 32 Can you lead out a constellation in its season Or guide the Ash constellation  along with its sons?33  Do you know the laws governing the heavens, Or can you impose their  authority on the earth? 34 Can you raise your voice to the clouds To cause a flood of water to cover you? 35  Can you send out lightning bolts? Will they come and say to you, ‘Here we are!’ 36 Who put wisdom within the clouds Or gave understanding to the sky phenomenon? 37 Who is wise enough to count the clouds, Or who can tip over the water jars of heaven? 38  When the dust pours into a mass And the clods of earth stick together? 39  Can you hunt prey for a lion Or satisfy the appetites of young lions?40  When they crouch in their lairs Or lie in ambush in their dens? 41 Who prepares food for the raven When its young cry to God for help? And wander about because there is nothing to eat?"
      https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/b/r1/lp-e/nwt/E/2013/18/38

• By Bible Speaks
      (Russia) Pyotr Krivokulsky remembers the summer of 1945 when the brothers were tried and sent to various camps. "In the camp where I was, many prisoners showed an interest in the truth. One prisoner, a clergyman, quickly understood the truth and took his stand for Jehovah." Nevertheless, conditions were harsh. "One inspector told me: ‘Your Jehovah won’t free you from here.’ My daily ration was 10 ounces of bread and a cup of water. I repeatedly asked Jehovah to give me the strength to endure.
      (Jer. 15:15) The labor camp court sentenced me to ten years of maximum-security for ‘agitation and propaganda against Soviet authority.’ I was told that if I didn’t renounce my faith, these [criminals] would do anything to me that they were told to do. I weighed only 80 pounds and could barely walk. But even there, I was able to find ones who were favorably disposed toward the truth. Once when praying, an elderly man approached me and asked, ‘What did you do to end up in this hell?’
      Learning that I was one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, he sat down, embraced me, and kissed me. Then he said: ‘Sonny, I have wanted to learn about the Bible for so long! Will you please teach me?’ My happiness knew no bounds. I had sewed several old scraps from the Gospels into my tattered clothes, so I immediately pulled them out. His eyes filled with tears. He told me that he worked in the camp’s mess hall and that he would feed me. He grew spiritually, and I gained strength.
      I was sure that Jehovah had made this arrangement. After a few months, he was set free, and I was taken to another camp where conditions were much better. I was happy to be conducting Bible studies with four prisoners. In 1952 the camp foremen found us with literature. When our sentences were read, none of my Bible students panicked. I was so happy about that! All four of us were sentenced to 25 years in the camps. I got an extra 25 years in a maximum-security camp and 10 years in exile.
      Leaving the room, we thanked Jehovah for supporting us. The guards were astonished, wondering what we were happy about. We were split up and sent to different camps while I was sent to the maximum-security camp in Vorkuta.” (2008 Yearbook)

• By Bible Speaks
      41 "And he withdrew from them about a stone’s throw away, and he bent his knees and began to pray, 42 "saying: “Father, if you want to, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, let, not my will, but yours take place.” 43 "Then an angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him."
      2 photos, 1 moving, 1 GIF

IMG_1808.mov
    • By Bible Speaks
      Practicing the new Kingdom songs 
      ????
      Song 138
      Jehovah Is Your Name
      (Psalm 83:18)
      1. The living and true God—
      The God of all creation
      In ev’ry generation—
      Jehovah is your name.
      We’re honored and we’re proud
      To be your congregation.
      In ev’ry tribe and nation,
      Your glory we proclaim.
      (CHORUS)
      Jehovah, Jehovah,
      There is no God like you.
      There’s no other in the heavens
      Or on the earth below.
      You alone are God Almighty,
      And this all men must know.
      Jehovah, Jehovah,
      We have no other God but you.
      2. You cause us to become
      Whatever you desire,
      To do as you require—
      Jehovah is your name.
      And Witnesses for you
      Is what you’ve kindly named us.
      We’re honored you have claimed us—
      A people for your name.
      (CHORUS)
      Jehovah, Jehovah,
      There is no God like you.
      There’s no other in the heavens
      Or on the earth below.
      You alone are God Almighty,
      And this all men must know.
      Jehovah, Jehovah,
      We have no other God but you.
      (See also 2 Chron. 6:14; Ps. 72:19; Isa. 42:8.)

• By The Librarian
      There are other versions out there... not quite as smooth as this one however.
      Learn more about:
      and even

The Bible (TV series) - Satan tempts Jesus in the wilderness (Matthew 4) extrait from episode 6.

• By Bible Speaks
      26 “Lift up your eyes to heaven and see.Who has created these things? It is the One who brings out their army by number; He calls them all by name. Because of his vast dynamic energy and his awe-inspiring power, Not one of them is missing." (Isaiah 40:26) NWT

• By Bible Speaks
      There is nothing that brings joy than to know someone out there is ready to hold all your burdens on his shoulders.
      But not only holding them but also bringing an end to all the burdens we have and rescues us from this unjust system.
      (Job 29:12)  12 For I would rescue the poor who cried for help, Along with the fatherless child and anyone who had no helper." 
      Its no other but Jehovah 
      He will rescue 
      The poor, the fatherless, the orphans,
      The wayward and all others in no time.
      Let's remain faithful and keep our eyes on the prize.
      Will you?
      I promise I will.
      #JehovahGod #GodsKingdom #LoyalLove #JesusChrist #LoveOneAnother? #Prayforoneanother?

• By Bible Speaks
      "By him we have life and move and exist."—Acts 17:28.NWT
      #JehovahGod #Creator #miracle #JesusChrist #LoveOneAnother?

"Por él tenemos vida y nos movemos y existimos." (Hech. 17:28).NWT
      #JehovahGod #Creator #JesusChrist #GodsKingdom #LoveOneAnother?

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pastel
    Newest Member
    pastel

• Topics

• So the " great crowd"  will learn all things by themselves?  They do not need an organized  place to attend meetings? .... which is instructed by the bible to attend so we can strengthen each other? This is why I call you out as misleading and false....... where is your worldwide organization which is providing place for people of all nations to gather and worship jehovah?  And teach them live and neutrality so they truly view themselves as one nation with no borders dividing them...... There are so many other scriptures which indicate otherwise while you create an argument over the only scripture that 'may' indicate it because of an argument over a preposition....... are you changing the entire truth based on your 'desire' to start 'ruling now?    We are being 'taught ' now by that 'slave'  you hate.     But you may be running ahead about the 1000 year reign..... don't you think?   Don't be patronizing to me..... I know that because of jehovahs spirit working in them.   But the bible clearly indicates that they will judge and rule when they are in heaven......   
    • Nothing is beyond your extreme criticism lol.  Go buy yourself a little patch in London or in any other capital city like New York and see what it costs you.   If they needed a space for someone or a worker, or even for guests or whatever, they would have bought it because it was needed at the time and is now no longer needed.   Says the exceedingly worldly guy......  If they sell the property to help brothers they are wicked and if they buy it to help brothers they are wicked....... do you sound reasonable to yourselves?   Thanks to Jehovah you are not the final judges because you will put all JWs in Auschwitz......just for being JWs..... ah, you may still help the world to do that in future ..... who knows? 
    • Now I understand why many executives disallow any reports to them longer than one page. They KNOW how easy it is to be hypnotized by many words, which for some, is a finely tuned art form.
    • Lol. Same thoughts here. That is why I posted it, genuinely wondering if anyone really read it when it was first published. But then people did read a lot more 50 years ago...... but then they also might have been clueless and just, like I said, zeroed in on the number 1975, which was a mere 7 years away at the time..... If it's any consolation, I only read to about paragraph 10 😃
    • Nope we can’t blame their lack of inspiration by Holy Spirit on distance.  What they do blame it on, is Jesus.  Of course, Jesus did not tell us that his faithful slave would produce perfect spiritual food. w17 February p. 26 In light of this admittance, what is absolutely ironic is the emphasis on “pure language”. It is especially noteworthy that the language that God gives his servants is said to be pure. This is true, not because of grammatical construction, but because it gives evidence of moral and spiritual cleanness. There is no allowance in this language for lying, deceit, or a tricky tongue. Those who speak this language must always speak truth. w91 4/1 p. 24-25 The organization boasts that “pure language” is found in the organization, when at the same time its leaders fail in providing truth.  Jesus did promise to teach his faithful servants “all things”, which would be “perfect spiritual food”.  John 14:26; 1 John 2:27  Since the GB cannot receive it, neither do they receive the “pure language” from God...or anyone who learns from them.        
    • Anna: .... I tried to read all that stuff from the 1968 Watchtower you posted.  I REALLY did. But I concluded that the whole thing could probably be condensed to two short paragraphs, and to read it in it's entirety would probably be fatal to me, from the handful of caffeine tablets I would need to finish it. ...continuing with TTH's comments about John F. Kennedy being the impetus to get mankind to the Moon ..... the thought just occurred to me that with all his foibles, weaknesses, and missteps, ( Bay of Pigs .. what's THAT?), and setting the stage for the Vietnam War, etc., he was sorta like the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, with all their foibles and general cluelessness. What he did RIGHT ... makes up for everything else, with change left over. Same thing.
    • My opening scriptures were Rev 5:9,10.  If you will look again at the WT’s Greek Interlinear, it states that the kings/priests will reign ON the earth.  Do you want to change that truth, Arauna?  If you could only see that a “new creation” is both heavenly and human.  They will serve God in heaven and as the early priests were commissioned to do – teach and serve the people under the direction of their High Priest, Jesus Christ..  Mal 2:7; Rev 1:5,6; 7:15  Can God’s priesthood teach the people if they remain in a spiritual state that the rest of God’s children do not have access to?  Can they say these words and be heard if they are out of contact with God’s future children?... “And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And the one who hears, let him say, “Come!” And the one who is thirsty, let him come. The one who wants, let him take the water of life freely.”  Rev 22:17 Can “New Jerusalem” prepared as a bride, come down from heaven if it is to remain in heaven?  Rev 22:2 Remember, the “144,000” are the Temple, the Holy City.  They bring God’s Spirit/direction/guidance to His children.   And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling of God is with humanity, and he will take up residence with them, and they will be his people and God himself will be with them.  Rev 21:3 The dwelling of God is the Temple/House of God – 1 Cor 3:16,17; 1 Cor 6:19; Eph 2:20-22 So, his ability to come back to earth has now passed.  Is this what you are saying?  Where are the scriptures that support this?  I have provided scripture that show Jesus returning to the earth. And after he had said these things, while they were watching, he was taken up, and a cloud received him from their sight. 10 And as they were staring into the sky while he was departing, behold, two men in white clothing stood by them 11 who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand there lookin] into the sky? This Jesus who was taken up from you into heaven like this will come back in the same way you saw him departing into heaven!” Acts 1:9-11 And again, when he brings the firstborn into the world, he says, “And let all the angels of God worship him.”  Heb 1:6  I am pretty amazed that Gen 28:12-17 and John 1:51 do not help you see that Jesus will be on the earth in the Kingdom.  I hope you actually read them.  A symbolic stairway in Jacob's vision is set up between heaven and earth.  The descendants of Jacob in Genesis, are “Israel”.  His descendants, the “144,000” inherit the earth.  Jesus referred to the stairway again in John, with his “angel”/messengers “ascending and descending” upon the Son of Man.   An anointed, refined and found faithful can be sealed while on the earth.  Yet even so, their obedience only to Christ must continue until he returns.  1 Cor 1:21,22; Eph 1:13; 4:30 Can you see you are creating a doctrine with no sound basis?  How do you know this?  You speak of unity among all in the organization, yet they are all individuals, both men and women.  You have even in error, designated that the organization's members are the Body of Christ.  But, when it comes the the true anointed Body of Christ you now say there will be no men or women, but clones as your GB portray them, once God's Kingdom arrives.  You are applying two sets of standards, which is hypocrisy.    Yes they do...in heaven.   You can see the slaves however you like, but I detect you looking through the lens of the GB who are telling all JWs lies about the anointed ones.  I see what scripture points out clearly, that the elders have usurped the role of God’s priesthood. Matt 24:15,16; 2 Thess 2:3,4; Rev 11:1-3; 13:6  Revelation’s “Jezebel” feeds God’s servants/slaves lies, and expects gratitude given to an organization, an idol.  Your very words speak their lies. The ancient Jezebel killed the prophets of God (1 Kings 18:13);  today’s “Jezebel” spiritually “kills” any anointed as well as their companions who see truth and reveal “her” lies.  Rev 13:11,14-17 But I have against you that you tolerate the woman Jezebel, the one who calls herself a prophetess,(Rev 13:11) and teaches and deceives my slaves to commit sexual immorality (spiritual harlotry) and to eat food sacrificed to idols.  Rev 2:20 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear, and will produce great signs and wonders in order to deceive, if possible, even the elect    
  • Popular Now