Last Reply

Replies

Views

ARchiv@L -
ARchiv@L -

Top Posters

tyndale1.JPG

Success—Despite Opposition

Translating and printing was one thing. Getting the Bibles to Britain was another. Church agents and secular authorities were determined to prevent shipments across the English Channel, but friendly merchants had the answer. Hidden in bales of cloth and other merchandise, the volumes were smuggled to the shores of England and up into Scotland. Tyndale was encouraged, but his fight had only begun.
On February 11, 1526, Cardinal Wolsey, accompanied by 36 bishops and other church dignitaries, assembled near St. Paul’s Cathedral in London “to see great basketfuls of books cast into a fire.” Included among them were some copies of Tyndale’s precious translation. Of this first edition, there are now just two copies extant. The only complete one (lacking just the title page) is in the British Library. Ironically, the other, with 71 pages missing, was discovered in St. Paul’s Cathedral Library. How it got there, nobody knows.
Undaunted, Tyndale continued to produce fresh editions of his translation, which were systematically confiscated and burned by English clerics. Then Tunstall changed tactics. He struck a bargain with a merchant named Augustine Packington to buy any books written by Tyndale, including the New Testament, in order to burn them. This was arranged with Tyndale, with whom Packington had made an agreement. Halle’s Chronicle says: “The bishop had the books, Packington had the thanks, and Tyndale had the money. Afterward when more New Testaments were imprinted, they came thick and threefold into England.”
Why were the clergy so bitterly opposed to Tyndale’s translation? Whereas the Latin Vulgate tended to veil the sacred text, Tyndale’s rendering from the original Greek for the first time conveyed the Bible’s message in clear language to the English people. For example, Tyndale chose to translate the Greek word a·gaʹpe as “love” instead of “charity” in 1 Corinthians chapter 13. He insisted on “congregation” rather than “church” to emphasize worshipers, not church buildings. The last straw for the clergy, however, came when Tyndale replaced “priest” with “elder” and used “repent” rather than “do penance,” thereby stripping the clergy of their assumed priestly powers. David Daniell says in this regard: “Purgatory is not there; there is no aural confession and penance. Two supports of the Church’s wealth and power collapsed.” (William Tyndale—A Biography) That was the challenge Tyndale’s translation presented, and modern scholarship fully endorses the accuracy of his choice of words.

READ MORE:

*** w95 11/15 p. 26 William Tyndale—A Man of Vision ***

*** na pp. 17-18 God’s Name and Bible Translators ***
The name first appeared in an English Bible in 1530, when William Tyndale published a translation of the first five books of the Bible.

• Similar Content

• By Srecko Sostar
      GB claims how they are not "inspired". They also claim that the Organization is "spirit-guided". There is also an idea that God has always had his organization on Earth, the first being the Old Nation of Israel, and then First Assembly at the time of the Apostles, and after long centuries of darkness organization appeared again in 1879 as WT Society. So, we have three organizations in three time periods.
      Who has guided, led these organizations? We see that organizations were guided by people. The first was Moses, then the Judges and Prophets, the Kings, and then the Apostles and today is The GB. According to the present claims of this modern organization of God, it is logical to conclude that both of the previous two organizations had been guided by God by the same principles too, meaning, that no inspirational/uninspired people were at the forefront of a spirit-guided organization.
      Which tools are used to run today's organization? Thousands and thousands of pages of written text and public and private talks. All of these published texts and speeches were/are not "inspired", in fact, they presented many erroneous teachings and instructions, in the face of claims, that the organization is/was spiritually driven at the same time. So we have a God's spirit-guided organization that teaches the wrong things.
      What does this have to do with past God's organizations? In the past, members of those two perished Organizations also wrote texts and held public and private speeches. Did those texts and the words been "inspired". If we judge according to today's GB teachings and the way how God, supposedly,  leads a modern organization, we could rightly say that, how past leaders were not "inspired" when writing and gave speech. Because God has no need to "inspire" imperfect servants when He already has "spirit guided organization" :))
      What is "inspired" in that, if someone had wrote what he has seen or heard during her life? Or if they write down their memories after a few years after the event? Most of the biblical text is precisely this - writing what someone saw and heard personally or that writing came through the oral tradition, something that other people have seen, heard, and spoken in some period of time. Only in exceptional cases, the authors of certain parts of the script, claimed that the instructions/revelations/prophecy  were received through dreams, visions or God or angel directly addressed them. So, for a very small part of the text in the Bible, we can say that it is "inspired" by divine supernatural power. The vast majority of the text in the Bible is actually a retelling  of the events that have been experienced - either from oneself or from other people. And for such, there is no need for extra "inspiration", but a good memory of those who recount the event and a good memory of the one who later writes it.
      To bring claim that God, with his spirit, has led each of these three organizations, but that only the Israeli representatives (and writers) and representatives of the 1st Assembly (and the writers) had "inspired" directly with His spirit to make the written and spoken content, but how God changed his mind in the 19th century and gave up from doing the same way of managing his organization, it seems strange. Why would God be inconsistent with his principle of how to lead his earthly organizations? Why would God "inspire" Moses and the John (and all the rest between) to speak and write, but today he does not want to "inspire" his Anointed Representatives who sitting in GB? Was theirs time more difficult than today? Do not we live in the end time when all is much worst than before? :)))
      If JW  members considers that it is quite right and normal for God to lead his organization through "not inspired" texts of today's "servants of God" whose "research and knowledge was multiplied" and become far greater, clearer and safer because of more and more "Brighter Lights" that is far more advanced than before, of all what previous generations of God's servants knew and understand, then it is strange that today's texts and public speeches are so inaccurate and unsafe and need to be continually changed and corrected.
      From this WTJWORG idea of how God has kept his earthly organization in continuity since Moses' time, it is not difficult to doubt the accuracy of the texts that people have collected and incorporated into a single book, the Bible. In fact, if today's WT Society (WT is equal to God's Organization) texts contain both, accurate and incorrect things, then we could assume that the old records,  "publications" and "public and private talk" of Old Time Organizations, in their content were subject to the influence of the human factor too. The idea may seem strange and impossible (because "God with the spirit" leads his organizations) but that not give guaranties that such Organizations will not End Up in Some Form of Slavery (to inside and/or to outside Masters). Recall yourself how had ended previous 2 God's Organizations. 

But what do you think that after 1 or 2 thousands of years from now, when we all become old dust and ashes, someone came up with the idea of choosing certain WT Society texts and create a modern "Bible" for JW?

• By James Thomas Rook Jr.
      I realize there are many reasons to go to an Assembly, or Convention, and when my children were living at home they would go to others' conventions  for a variety of reasons, as well as their own.
      I would always ask them when they returned home "What did you learn that was new?" .  This was important to me as I had to work long hours to afford to finance their explorations and socialization, which I thought was important ... but I still expected them to learn something new ... and since I was paying for their travels, to tell me what was going on.
      Generally, attendance to an out of town Convention nearby would cost about $200 a day, times three days, so that would be $600.
      Now that I am retired, and my income has been cut by about 80%, it's even MORE important to me to want to get good value for the time and money I would be spending for my wife and I to spend three days, traveling out of town, to learn something of lasting value .... something worth at least three days of our time, which is painfully obviously shorter, and the what is now considerable effort and considerable expense.
      In Engineering it's important that the "Law of diminishing returns" be observed so that you do not go physically, mentally or emotionally bankrupt.
      Perhaps I am just asking for some encouragement that the effort is worth the cost and effort, and that the benefit is worth it, so if I may ask ......
      WHAT DID YOU LEARN THAT WAS NEW AT THE 2019 "LOVE NEVER FAILS" REGIONAL CONVENTION ?
    • By James Thomas Rook Jr.
      I realize there are many reasons to go to an Assembly, or Convention, and when my children were living at home they would go to others' conventions  for a variety of reasons, as well as their own.
      I would always ask them when they returned home "What did you learn that was new?" .  This was important to me as I had to work long hours to afford to finance their explorations and socialization, which I thought was important ... but I still expected them to learn something new ... and since I was paying for their travels, to tell me what was going on.
      Generally, attendance to an out of town Convention nearby would cost about $200 a day, times three days, so that would be $600.
      Now that I am retired, and my income has been cut by about 80%, it's even MORE important to me to want to get good value for the time and money I would be spending for my wife and I to spend three days, traveling out of town, to learn something of lasting value .... something worth at least three days of our time, which is painfully obviously shorter, and the what is now considerable effort and considerable expense.
      In Engineering it's important that the "Law of diminishing returns" be observed so that you do not go physically, mentally or emotionally bankrupt.
      Perhaps I am just asking for some encouragement that the effort is worth the cost and effort, and that the benefit is worth it, so if I may ask ......
      WHAT DID YOU LEARN THAT WAS NEW AT THE 2019 "LOVE NEVER FAILS" REGIONAL CONVENTION ?

• By Srecko Sostar
      Inspired ....spirit-driven.... spirit-guided.....motivated.....to have spirit of....lead up by spirit....to feel that spirit leads us ..... spirit impelled him .... he came in the spirit....sent out by the spirit....spirit did not permit them.....bound by the spirit...he was in the spirit....carried him away in the spirit... and many more other phrases in the Bible.
      Why JW's mostly, generally think that "inspiration" is action reserved only to JHVH and Jesus or devil and demons?
      "Inspiration" is state/condition of some person soul, mind and emotions.  The biblical / religious state of inspiration comes mainly out of the will of the people. But do you think how this is something that can be  achieved/put on/force upon only by the actions of superhuman powers?
      JW's are very occupied with their religion in own life and have specific relationship to this word and have specific (organizational) understanding of the concept about this special word - inspired. They think, I think that they do think :)), about this word only in religious sense and consider how it is about or only about some sort of divinity or divine holiness (or devil evil) in background.
      Because they attach great importance to this word in only one direction, they forget that there is also a very powerful influence of another force. It's the spirit of man. JW's must recall themselves more often that people are created on the image of God. And that all people in themselves have a strong spirit (of divine source by birth and genetically inherited). This human spirit is powerful and can inspire other people (earthly spirits) around them. You, as individual can be inspired by people around you or by people about whom you hear about, you are watching, you read about. 
      Also it is interesting how some other things can inspire people. For example; nature, music, poetry, stories, events, animals, imagination.
      Please, join to this topic and give, express your thoughts. Let your spirit free and let's inspire others :)))

• By jpl
      Culte matinal de Février 2019
      "Avant le désastre il y a l'orgueil"
      Fev 2019 Avant desastre il y a orgueil.pdf
    • By jpl
      Discours Assemblée Annuelle 2018 
      Etes-vous Prêt ? (réalisé à partir des sous-titre en français)
      Discours Assemblée Générale 2018 Etes vous pret.pdf
    • By jpl
      Transcription du culte matinal de Février 2019 :"Imitons Jésus"
      Fev 2019 Imitons Jesus.pdf
    • By jpl
      Voici une compilation des suggestions de conversation pour 2018 et 2019 (Janvier à Mai 2019)

Suggestions de conversations_5_2019.pdf
      Suggestions de conversations_12_2018.pdf
    • By jpl
      Voici deux transcriptions de vidéos de décembre 2019
      Survivons au grand jour de Dieu Janv 2018.pdf
      Janv 2019 C_est ici Le Chemin.pdf
    • By jpl
      Voici la vidéo "Dieu accepte-t-il toutes les religions ?" en 10 langues.
      Il faut utiliser VLC pour la visualiser et utiliser l'option Audio pour sélectionner  la langue (Anglais, Arabe ……). Par défaut c'est le français qui est actif.
      Bonne utilisation dans le service pour Jéhovah. 
      Toutes Religions Bonnes 3,55 min (10).mkv
    • By jpl
      Bonjour à tous, qui connait cette application Floating Bible (pour android) ?
      Personnellement je trouve l'accès à la bible très rapide on y trouve aussi les cantiques en mode texte ainsi que le texte du jour. Il s'agit d'une application autonome.
      A l'écoute de vos avis….
      JPL
    • By indagator
      Yesterday the final (4th) installment of the 2018 volume of Journal of Biblical Literature was published. Among the articles in it is a new manuscript of the Gospel of John, dating to the third to fourth centuries. The manuscript is scrappy, as these things often are, a few verses from the end of chapter 1 and the beginning of chapter 2. On the back is a fragment of an unknown early Christian text. An rare instance of the word "God" in Greek, not in nomen sacrum form, but fully written out is one of the interesting findings in it.
      For those interested in reading the article, here it is.

Willoughby John-JBL 2018.4.pdf
    • By JOHN BUTLER
      "All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness,"
      2 Timothy 3 v 16
      Was this in it's way a small prophecy ?                 
      The 2nd book of Timothy was written 65 C.E.  However 1,2,3, John and Revelation were written much later.
      So we have two points, 1. The writings were not complete when Paul wrote that information. 2, The Bible had not been constructed so no idea would have been formed as to what the Bible would contain. 
      Were there other writings ? Would they be considered as Scripture? 
      It seems that Paul was inspired to write that "All scripture is inspired.... " 

• By Srecko Sostar
      Confusing and controversial ideas and perceptions we can find about God, life and death, feelings, acts/deeds of human and gods.

HOW GOD FEELS ABOUT LIFE
      3. What did Jehovah do when Cain killed Abel?
      3 The Bible teaches us that our life and the lives of other people are precious to Jehovah. For example, when Cain—Adam and Eve’s son—was very angry with his younger brother Abel, Jehovah warned Cain that he needed to control his anger. But Cain didn’t listen, and he became so angry that he “assaulted his brother Abel and killed him.” (Genesis 4:3-8) Jehovah punished Cain for murdering Abel. (Genesis 4:9-11) So anger and hatred are dangerous because they can make us become violent or cruel. A person who is like that cannot have everlasting life. (Read1 John 3:15.) To please Jehovah, we must learn to love all people.—1 John 3:11, 12. - 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  
      On other side we can find this in Bible, directly as words inspired to be written by Almighty God.  

7   Remember, O Jehovah,What the Eʹdom·ites said on the day Jerusalem fell:“Tear it down! Tear it down to its foundations!” Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  O daughter of Babylon, who is soon to be devastated, Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Happy will be the one who rewards you With the treatment you inflicted on us. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  Happy will be the one who seizes your children And dashes them against the rocks. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  -   Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.

• By JOHN BUTLER
      I have always wondered if the Bible is for 'all of us' to understand fully, or if it's only for a chosen few to fully understand.
      I don't mean is it just for one 'religion' to understand, I mean is it just for say 'an anointed group of people to understand'? 
      Jesus spoke in illustrations to the people, but the disciples asked Jesus what the illustrations meant. Then Jesus would explain the illustration to them fully. 
      Jesus told his disciples that 'to them the sacred secrets would be revealed' but that the crowd would not get the meaning of such things. 
      It was also that after Jesus was resurrected he opened the eyes of his disciples / apostles so that they began to fully understand all things.
      For my part I would never expect to fully understand God's word the Bible. A lot of it is straight forward of course, and easy to comprehend.
      But I think a lot of it is 'in deep code' so to speak, only fully understood by those that Jehovah chooses.. 
      It still seems strange to me, but it would be a separate topic, that God allows it to be so difficult for people to find any truth amongst the huge amount of lies in 'religion'. 
      However, in my opinion, there has to be a 'group of humans' 'anointed people' that do have some direct contact with God, through Jesus Christ. 
      We no longer have 'miracles' being done in Christ's name, so it is difficult to know exactly who the 'chosen ones' are. 
      If there was a 'body of people' that could prove that they had God's approval and God's holy spirit, that would make life much easier. 
      However when those that say they are chosen either make mistakes or tell lies about the meaning of scripture, and then their predictions fail, then they seem to prove themselves false or without God's guidance.
      So we go back to square one. Is there really a 'body of people' being truly guided and upbuilt by God's holy spirit at this time ? 
      Is the Bible and it's prophecies being fully opened up to such ones ?

• By Queen Esther
      DID  YOU  KNOW  THAT  OF  THE  BIBLE ??  ALL  IMPORTEND  THINGS  ON  ONE  PAGE !
      AMAZING...  YES !!    ? .•*¨`*•..¸???¸.•*¨`*•. ?
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole

I found a love for me
      Oh darling, just dive right in and follow my lead
      Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
      Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me
      'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
      Not knowing what it was
      I will not give you up this time
      But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
      And in your eyes, you're holding mine

[Chorus]
      Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
      Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favourite song
      When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
      But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight

[Verse 2]
      Well I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know
      She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home
      I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets
      To carry love, to carry children of our own
      We are still kids, but we're so in love
      Fighting against all odds
      I know we'll be alright this time
      Darling, just hold my hand
      Be my girl, I'll be your man
      I see my future in your eyes

[Chorus 2]
      Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
      Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
      When I saw you in that dress, looking so beautiful
      I don't deserve this, darling, you look perfect tonight

[Instrumental]

[Chorus 3]
      Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
      Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
      I have faith in what I see
      Now I know I have met an angel in person
      And she looks perfect
      I don't deserve this
      You look perfect tonight
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      The world in 2017 saw some of the highest average surface temperatures ever recorded, surprising scientists who had expected sharper retreat from recent record years.
      Read more: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/01/18/climate/100000005680871.app.html?emc=edit_na_20180118&nl=breaking-news&nlid=54907543&ref=headline&mtrref=undefined
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole

Mama always told me don't you run
      "Don't you run with scissors, son
      You're gonna hurt someone"
      Mama told me look before you leap
      Always think before you speak, and watch the friends you keep

Stay along the beaten path, never listened when she said

Sharp edges have consequences, I
      Guess that I had to find out for myself
      Sharp edges have consequences, now
      Every scar is a story I can tell

Should've played it safer from the start
      Loved you like a house of cards
      Let it fall apart
      But all the things I couldn't understand
      Never could've planned
      They made me who I am
      Put your nose in paperbacks
      Instead of smoking cigarettes
      These are years you're never getting back

We all fall down
      We live somehow
      We learn what doesn't kill us makes us stronger
      We all fall down
      We live somehow

We all fall down
      We live somehow
      We all fall down
      We live somehow
      Writer(s): Joseph Hahn, Brad Delson, Mike Shinoda, Robert G. Bourdon, Chester Charles Bennington, Ilsey Anna Juber, David Farrell 
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      IÂ’m dancing with my demons
      IÂ’m hanging off the edge
      Storm clouds gather beneath me
      Waves break above my head
      At first hallucination
      I wanna fall wide awake now
      You tell me itÂ’s alright
      Tell me IÂ’m forgiven
      Tonight
      But nobody can save me now
      IÂ’m holding up a light
      Chasing up the darkness inside
      'Cause nobody can save me
      Stare into this illusion
      For answers yet to come
      I chose a false solution
      But nobody proved me wrong
      At first hallucination
      I wanna fall wide awake
      Watch the ground giving way now 
      You tell me itÂ’s alright
      Tell me IÂ’m forgiven
      Tonight
      But nobody can save me now
      IÂ’m holding up a light
      IÂ’m chasing up the darkness inside
      'Cause nobody can save me
      Been searching somewhere out there
      For whatÂ’s been missing right here
      IÂ’ve been searching somewhere out there
      I wanna fall wide awake now
      So tell me itÂ’s alright
      Tell me IÂ’m forgiven
      Tonight
      If only I can save me now
      IÂ’m holding up a light
      Chasing up the darkness inside
      And I donÂ’t wanna let you down
      But only I can save me 
      Been searching somewhere out there
      Written by Jonathan Ian Green, Chester Bennington, Robert G. Bourdon, Bradford Philip Delson, David Farrell, Joseph Hahn, Mike Shinoda • 
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Leer más: 

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
    • By Jack Ryan
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Dear Brothers:
      We are pleased to share encouraging highlights from the 2017 service year report. The peak number of publishers was 8,457,107. Jehovah’s people spent a total of 2,046,000,202 hours in the ministry, a 3.1 percent increase from last year. We are especially encouraged to see a 7.4 percent increase in the number baptized, with a total of 284,212! This is evidence that we take seriously our commission to “make disciples.” (Matt. 28:19) We were delighted to see that the average number of regular pioneers was 1,225,279. This was an 8.6 percent increase! The worldwide Memorial attendance figure was 20,175,477. Significant features of the service year report will soon be available on jw.org and in JW Library, Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY, and Watchtower Library. These figures provide compelling evidence of Jehovah’s blessing on our work.—Isa. 60:22.
      Throughout our branch territory, it is evident that Jehovah is searching for those “rightly disposed for everlasting life” in the language of their heart. (Acts 13:48) For instance, we are happy to report the formation of the first ever Cherokee-language congregation during the past service year. The first Swahili-language circuit in our branch territory was formed effective September 1, 2017. In addition to those reached in the door-to-door ministry, public witnessing initiatives are reaching more people than ever with the Bible’s message. There are over 17,000 publishers participating in the special metropolitan public witnessing program in 17 locations. Harbor witnessing is now organized in 45 ports, with 4,400 trained publishers boarding cargo and cruise ships in an effort to witness to crew members. Public witnessing campaigns organized at large state fairs and sporting events are exposing millions of individuals to the good news, as well as adding great impetus to this aspect of the preaching work.
      Much has also been accomplished in regard to Kingdom Hall usage in the United States branch territory. Twenty branch planning meetings were held with bodies of elders in metropolitan areas affecting over 2,200 congregations. Implementing non-construction solutions such as merging or relocating congregations has reduced the need for new auditoriums in these areas from 41 to 19, with a potential savings of millions of dollars!
      Be assured that Jehovah values your faithful service and that he will continue to give you the necessary strength to “fully accomplish your ministry” in the coming year!—2 Tim. 4:5; Isa. 40:31.
      Your brothers,
      PS to coordinators of the bodies of elders:
      Please arrange for this letter to be read to the congregation by the elder handling the part “Annual Service Report” in the Life and Ministry Meeting the week of January 1, 2018. Thereafter, the letter should be posted on the information board. This postscript should neither be read to the congregation nor be posted on the information board.
    • By Claudia Sanchez
      Who are the most beautiful women in the world right now? Who do you think deserves the title of most beautiful woman of 2017? Here, below is a list of world’s most beautiful women.
      Beauty is the most debated topic in the world, and there is no ever clear winner. One who considered most beautiful at one time may lose her position at another time by someone else. Women normally have an attraction towards their physical characters like hotness and glamour. But, there are a few other factors like level of celebrity, confidence, intelligence, popularity, and skills too. It’s universal fact; beauty lies in the eyes of beholder. But when it comes to rank the beauty of a person, it is necessary to calculate the internal beauty as well as the external beauty. The external or physical beauty will age with time, all other factors remain ageless and keep person beautiful forever.
      Here, we have made a ranking of most beautiful women of 2017. The women listed here are confident, intelligent, desirable, dynamic and are very dedicated to their job. Vote for your favorite lady, and be sure to add anyone who’s missing from the list.

A native of Florida, Abigail Leigh Spencer named People Magazine’s most beautiful women of 2017. She is an American actress known for her roles in several television series. Spencer began her career on the ABC daytime television soap opera All My Children playing Rebecca Tyree from 1999 to 2001. She is best known for her recurring roles on Mad Men and Suits. Also known for starring in the series Rectify and Timeless, for playing the leading role of history professor Lucy Preston.
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      La tercera edición de los premios de fotografía Comedy Wildlife Photo Awards revela la cara más desenfadada, humana e imperfecta de los animales.
      Desde la infancia, el reino animal siempre se ha mostrado majestuoso y lleno de elegancia. Solo hay que pensar en la figura de los imponentes leones, la espectacularidad de los elefantes o la sutil desenvoltura de un delfín en el mar. Mediante los documentales y la ficción cinematográfica, se ha promovido e inculcado esta incuestionable solemnidad. Sin embargo, esa idealización tan seria de la naturaleza dista mucho de lo que promueven los Comedy Wildlife Photo Awards.

Estos premios de fotografía, fundados por los profesionales Paul Joynson-Hicks y Tom Sullam hace ya tres años, dan un giro de 180º a la fotografía convencional y revelan la cara más desenfadada, humana e imperfecta de los animales.

Bajo la organización de la fundación The Born Free, el concurso pretende conseguir, a través de una mirada más lúdica y entretenida, la conservación de todas las especies en el planeta. De esta forma, la risa se convierte en el arma más poderosa de concienciación medioambiental.

Tras el éxito en las pasadas ediciones en 2015 y 2016, este año se han registrado aproximadamente 3.500 participaciones procedentes de 86 paísesdiferentes. Osos karatecas, cangrejos desconcertados, jirafas que atrapan avionetas e incluso monos motoristas. Nada pasa desapercibido para los concursantes de esta edición.

Los jueces encargados de la decisión definitiva son los propios fundadores del concurso, con más de 20 años de experiencia en el campo de la fotografía africana; Will Burrard-Lucas, fotógrafo profesional de naturaleza, Will Travers, experto en vida silvestre, el periodista Oliver Smith, el comediante Hugh Dennis y la famosa presentadora de televisión Kate Humble. El premio en juego es un trofeo artesanal hecho por personas con discapacidad en un taller de Dar es Salaam (Tanzania),además de una semana de safari para dos personas en Kenya.
      Leer más: 

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Vinod
    Newest Member
    Vinod

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.