Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

ARchiv@L -
ARchiv@L -

Top Posters

@ARchiv@L  WOW...  you're  a  very  good  help  for  us  -  special  for  our  Librarian :)  Thanks  for  coming !  We  very  missed  such  of  you  in  the  last  years ❤  Seems,  you're  very  special  in  all  ;-)   Please  stay  here...  yes ?  Thank  you !

11 hours ago, Queen Esther said:

@ARchiv@L  WOW...  you're  a  very  good  help  for  us  -  special  for  our  Librarian :)  Thanks  for  coming !  We  very  missed  such  of  you  in  the  last  years ❤  Seems,  you're  very  special  in  all  ;-)   Please  stay  here...  yes ?  Thank  you !

positive comments are very much appreciated I must say. thank you for your good words. 9_9I am a simple person, doing nothing special just to help you here a little because I like the internet. YOU are doing great job/work here --  and thanks to the Librarian for the pages. this gives me the possibility to share more interesting information.

these pages ARE WORLDWIDE, and the news travel faster .. and expand all over.B|

12 hours ago, Queen Esther said:

thank-you-1400x800-c-default.gif

• Similar Content

• By The Librarian
      Three years 23,000 volunteers Prayers, sweat and Holy Spirit The world headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses has been built in a beautiful setting in Warwick, New York. Are you looking forward to visiting?
    • By JW Insider
      I am writing this on Sunday 12/9 at about 3:30 PM.
      On Thursday night I drove up here to Warwick with relatives. We completed the five exhibits at Warwick, spoke with some Bethelites we knew, and attended the Sunday morning meeting held in the Bethel Auditorium where the "Long Meadow" congregation meets. This is a congregation of about 180 persons, some of whom travel from up to about half-an-hour away, and many (if not most) of the members are Bethelites who live in the HQ complex on site.
      Tomorrow we'll go to Wallkill.
      The first thing you notice from setting your smartphone maps and GPS routing systems is that the Warwick Bethel is not in Warwick. It's actually all within the borders and limits of Tuxedo Park, NY. If you look at the back of the Warwick Bethel brochure you'll see that 1 Kings Drive, Tuxedo Park, NY 10987 is the actual address. 
      The name was picked, I assume, because Warwick is a town just a little farther away, in another zip code (10990), and smaller than Tuxedo Park, but with a name that sounds just a bit more Biblical. It's a name that also sounds a bit more alliterative: as in, "Watchtower at Wallkill" and "Watchtower at Warwick." Wars, Wicks, Walls, and Kills are all found in the Bible, but no Tuxedos of any stripe.
      The exhibits were very good. I'll find my previous post that discusses them and try to get it to land below this one.
    • By The Librarian
      Your browser does not support the HTML5 video tag.
      An engineer who performed inspections of the Witnesses’ construction of their new world headquarters for the Town of Warwick shares his observations about the completed facilities.
    • By The Librarian
      Notice the new style Watchtower first built for Patterson back in 1990.
    • By The Librarian
      JW.org headquarters at night.
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole

I found a love for me
      Oh darling, just dive right in and follow my lead
      Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
      Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me
      'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
      Not knowing what it was
      I will not give you up this time
      But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
      And in your eyes, you're holding mine

[Chorus]
      Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
      Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favourite song
      When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
      But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight

[Verse 2]
      Well I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know
      She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home
      I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets
      To carry love, to carry children of our own
      We are still kids, but we're so in love
      Fighting against all odds
      I know we'll be alright this time
      Darling, just hold my hand
      Be my girl, I'll be your man
      I see my future in your eyes

[Chorus 2]
      Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
      Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
      When I saw you in that dress, looking so beautiful
      I don't deserve this, darling, you look perfect tonight

[Instrumental]

[Chorus 3]
      Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
      Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
      I have faith in what I see
      Now I know I have met an angel in person
      And she looks perfect
      I don't deserve this
      You look perfect tonight
    • By Queen Esther
      World Headquarters of Jehovah Witnesses, Warwick NY.  ~~~~
      Different  GB  Brother's  and  many  JW  telling  us....    Enjoy !
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      The world in 2017 saw some of the highest average surface temperatures ever recorded, surprising scientists who had expected sharper retreat from recent record years.
      Read more: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/01/18/climate/100000005680871.app.html?emc=edit_na_20180118&nl=breaking-news&nlid=54907543&ref=headline&mtrref=undefined
    • By Witness
      “And Jesus said to him, “Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.” Matt 8:20
      "Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,
      his upper rooms by injustice,
      making his own people work for nothing,
      not paying them for their labor.
      14 He says, ‘I will build myself a great palace
      with spacious upper rooms.Â’
      So he makes large windows in it,
      panels it with cedar
      and decorates it in red.
      15 “Does it make you a king
      to have more and more cedar?
      Did not your father have food and drink?
      He did what was right and just,
      so all went well with him.
      16 He defended the cause of the poor and needy,
      and so all went well.
      Is that not what it means to know me?”
      declares the Lord.
      17 “But your eyes and your heart
      are set only on dishonest gain,
      on shedding innocent blood
      and on oppression and extortion.” Jer 22:13-17

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole

Mama always told me don't you run
      "Don't you run with scissors, son
      You're gonna hurt someone"
      Mama told me look before you leap
      Always think before you speak, and watch the friends you keep

Stay along the beaten path, never listened when she said

Sharp edges have consequences, I
      Guess that I had to find out for myself
      Sharp edges have consequences, now
      Every scar is a story I can tell

Should've played it safer from the start
      Loved you like a house of cards
      Let it fall apart
      But all the things I couldn't understand
      Never could've planned
      They made me who I am
      Put your nose in paperbacks
      Instead of smoking cigarettes
      These are years you're never getting back

We all fall down
      We live somehow
      We learn what doesn't kill us makes us stronger
      We all fall down
      We live somehow

We all fall down
      We live somehow
      We all fall down
      We live somehow
      Writer(s): Joseph Hahn, Brad Delson, Mike Shinoda, Robert G. Bourdon, Chester Charles Bennington, Ilsey Anna Juber, David Farrell 
    • By Bible Speaks
      Current image of the newly opened Warwick World Central.

• Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      IÂ’m dancing with my demons
      IÂ’m hanging off the edge
      Storm clouds gather beneath me
      Waves break above my head
      At first hallucination
      I wanna fall wide awake now
      You tell me itÂ’s alright
      Tell me IÂ’m forgiven
      Tonight
      But nobody can save me now
      IÂ’m holding up a light
      Chasing up the darkness inside
      'Cause nobody can save me
      Stare into this illusion
      For answers yet to come
      I chose a false solution
      But nobody proved me wrong
      At first hallucination
      I wanna fall wide awake
      Watch the ground giving way now 
      You tell me itÂ’s alright
      Tell me IÂ’m forgiven
      Tonight
      But nobody can save me now
      IÂ’m holding up a light
      IÂ’m chasing up the darkness inside
      'Cause nobody can save me
      Been searching somewhere out there
      For whatÂ’s been missing right here
      IÂ’ve been searching somewhere out there
      I wanna fall wide awake now
      So tell me itÂ’s alright
      Tell me IÂ’m forgiven
      Tonight
      If only I can save me now
      IÂ’m holding up a light
      Chasing up the darkness inside
      And I donÂ’t wanna let you down
      But only I can save me 
      Been searching somewhere out there
      Written by Jonathan Ian Green, Chester Bennington, Robert G. Bourdon, Bradford Philip Delson, David Farrell, Joseph Hahn, Mike Shinoda • 
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Leer más: https://www.infobae.com/america/fotos/2017/12/28/las-fotos-espaciales-mas-espectaculares-de-2017/

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
    • By Jack Ryan
      December 15, 2017 TO ALL CONGREGATIONS Re: 2017 Service Year Report
      Dear Brothers:
      We are pleased to share encouraging highlights from the 2017 service year report. The peak number of publishers was 8,457,107. Jehovah’s people spent a total of 2,046,000,202 hours in the ministry, a 3.1 percent increase from last year. We are especially encouraged to see a 7.4 percent increase in the number baptized, with a total of 284,212! This is evidence that we take seriously our commission to “make disciples.” (Matt. 28:19) We were delighted to see that the average number of regular pioneers was 1,225,279. This was an 8.6 percent increase! The worldwide Memorial attendance figure was 20,175,477. Significant features of the service year report will soon be available on jw.org and in JW Library, Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY, and Watchtower Library. These figures provide compelling evidence of Jehovah’s blessing on our work.—Isa. 60:22.
      Throughout our branch territory, it is evident that Jehovah is searching for those “rightly disposed for everlasting life” in the language of their heart. (Acts 13:48) For instance, we are happy to report the formation of the first ever Cherokee-language congregation during the past service year. The first Swahili-language circuit in our branch territory was formed effective September 1, 2017. In addition to those reached in the door-to-door ministry, public witnessing initiatives are reaching more people than ever with the Bible’s message. There are over 17,000 publishers participating in the special metropolitan public witnessing program in 17 locations. Harbor witnessing is now organized in 45 ports, with 4,400 trained publishers boarding cargo and cruise ships in an effort to witness to crew members. Public witnessing campaigns organized at large state fairs and sporting events are exposing millions of individuals to the good news, as well as adding great impetus to this aspect of the preaching work.
      Much has also been accomplished in regard to Kingdom Hall usage in the United States branch territory. Twenty branch planning meetings were held with bodies of elders in metropolitan areas affecting over 2,200 congregations. Implementing non-construction solutions such as merging or relocating congregations has reduced the need for new auditoriums in these areas from 41 to 19, with a potential savings of millions of dollars!
      Be assured that Jehovah values your faithful service and that he will continue to give you the necessary strength to “fully accomplish your ministry” in the coming year!—2 Tim. 4:5; Isa. 40:31.
      Your brothers,
      PS to coordinators of the bodies of elders:
      Please arrange for this letter to be read to the congregation by the elder handling the part “Annual Service Report” in the Life and Ministry Meeting the week of January 1, 2018. Thereafter, the letter should be posted on the information board. This postscript should neither be read to the congregation nor be posted on the information board.
    • By Claudia Sanchez
      Who are the most beautiful women in the world right now? Who do you think deserves the title of most beautiful woman of 2017? Here, below is a list of world’s most beautiful women.
      Beauty is the most debated topic in the world, and there is no ever clear winner. One who considered most beautiful at one time may lose her position at another time by someone else. Women normally have an attraction towards their physical characters like hotness and glamour. But, there are a few other factors like level of celebrity, confidence, intelligence, popularity, and skills too. It’s universal fact; beauty lies in the eyes of beholder. But when it comes to rank the beauty of a person, it is necessary to calculate the internal beauty as well as the external beauty. The external or physical beauty will age with time, all other factors remain ageless and keep person beautiful forever.
      Here, we have made a ranking of most beautiful women of 2017. The women listed here are confident, intelligent, desirable, dynamic and are very dedicated to their job. Vote for your favorite lady, and be sure to add anyone who’s missing from the list.

A native of Florida, Abigail Leigh Spencer named People Magazine’s most beautiful women of 2017. She is an American actress known for her roles in several television series. Spencer began her career on the ABC daytime television soap opera All My Children playing Rebecca Tyree from 1999 to 2001. She is best known for her recurring roles on Mad Men and Suits. Also known for starring in the series Rectify and Timeless, for playing the leading role of history professor Lucy Preston.
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      La tercera edición de los premios de fotografía Comedy Wildlife Photo Awards revela la cara más desenfadada, humana e imperfecta de los animales.
      Desde la infancia, el reino animal siempre se ha mostrado majestuoso y lleno de elegancia. Solo hay que pensar en la figura de los imponentes leones, la espectacularidad de los elefantes o la sutil desenvoltura de un delfín en el mar. Mediante los documentales y la ficción cinematográfica, se ha promovido e inculcado esta incuestionable solemnidad. Sin embargo, esa idealización tan seria de la naturaleza dista mucho de lo que promueven los Comedy Wildlife Photo Awards.

Estos premios de fotografía, fundados por los profesionales Paul Joynson-Hicks y Tom Sullam hace ya tres años, dan un giro de 180º a la fotografía convencional y revelan la cara más desenfadada, humana e imperfecta de los animales.

Bajo la organización de la fundación The Born Free, el concurso pretende conseguir, a través de una mirada más lúdica y entretenida, la conservación de todas las especies en el planeta. De esta forma, la risa se convierte en el arma más poderosa de concienciación medioambiental.

Tras el éxito en las pasadas ediciones en 2015 y 2016, este año se han registrado aproximadamente 3.500 participaciones procedentes de 86 paísesdiferentes. Osos karatecas, cangrejos desconcertados, jirafas que atrapan avionetas e incluso monos motoristas. Nada pasa desapercibido para los concursantes de esta edición.

Los jueces encargados de la decisión definitiva son los propios fundadores del concurso, con más de 20 años de experiencia en el campo de la fotografía africana; Will Burrard-Lucas, fotógrafo profesional de naturaleza, Will Travers, experto en vida silvestre, el periodista Oliver Smith, el comediante Hugh Dennis y la famosa presentadora de televisión Kate Humble. El premio en juego es un trofeo artesanal hecho por personas con discapacidad en un taller de Dar es Salaam (Tanzania),además de una semana de safari para dos personas en Kenya.
      Leer más: https://www.muyinteresante.es/naturaleza/fotos/las-fotografias-mas-divertidas-de-naturaleza-del-ano/1

• By Queen Esther
      A  REMINDER  FOR  THE  NEXT  *SUPER - MOON*  TO  THIS  WEEKEND,  DEC. 3. 2017 !
      2017's  FIRST  and  ONLY  supermoon  rises  on  Dec. 3. DEC.
      The supermoon will rise to begin the month of December. It is the only supermoon to greet the waning year of 2017.  -  Don't  miss  it.
      https://www.accuweather.com/en/videos/2017s-first-and-only-supermoon-rises-on-dec-3/41mg9pzde6imny2zju1p2okslsh1lbhc
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Transcript - Sample Presentations - December 2017.pdf
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      I've got an aching head
      Echoes and buzzing noises
      I know the words we said
      But wish I could've turned our voices down
      This is not black and white
      Only organized confusion
      I'm just trying to get it right
      And in spite of all I should've done

I was not mad at you
      I was not trying to tear you down
      The words that I could've used
      I was too scared to say out loud
      If I cannot break your fall
      I'll pick you up right off the ground
      If you felt invisible, I won't let you feel that now

Invisible
      Invisible
      Invisible
      Invisible

You didn't get your way
      And it's an empty feeling
      You've got a lot to say
      And you just want to know you're being heard
      But this is not black and white
      There are no clear solutions
      And I'm just trying to get it right

I was not mad at you

Invisible
      Invisible
      Invisible
      Invisible

This is not black and white
      There are no clear solutions
      I'm just trying to get it right

I was not mad at you

Invisible
      Invisible
      Invisible
      Invisible
      Invisible
      Invisible
      Invisible
      Invisible
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Purchaser will turn 21 Clark St. into seniors housing called The Watermark at Brooklyn Heights
      By Lore Croghan
      Brooklyn Daily Eagle
      The Jehovah's Witnesses have sold one of the grand jewels of their real-estate portfolio for about $200 million.
      The Towers, a former Brooklyn Heights Historic District hotel where the Dodgers lived and presidents gave speeches, will now be turned into seniors housing by its purchaser.
      Built in the 1920s, the Leverich Towers Hotel, as it was originally known, has colonnaded towers on its four corners like a Venetian palazzo — a really big palazzo.
      The 16-story, 313,768-square-foot property at 21 Clark St. played host in its heyday to the highest-paid Brooklyn Dodgers.
      Only the stars of Brooklyn's since-departed baseball team were allowed to live in its splendid suites during baseball season. Other players lived elsewhere, including the Hotel Saint George in Brooklyn Heights.
      President Harry Truman spoke at The Towers.
      Advertisements called it “The Aristocrat of Brooklyn Hotels.” It was designed by Starrett & Van Vleck, the architecture firm that also designed Manhattan flagship stores for Saks Fifth Avenue and Lord & Taylor.
      Later, the Watchtower, which owned the Towers for four decades, used the Clark Street property as a residence and dining hall for more than 1,000 people who worked at its nearby world headquarters.

Here's The Towers' grand staircase, which echoes the grandeur of its early days as a hotel.
      Kayne Anderson Real Estate Advisors is the purchaser
      The Jehovah's Witnesses put the former hotel, which has frontage on Willow and Pineapple streets, up for sale in May 2016.
      The purchaser, Kayne Anderson Real Estate Advisors, plans to transform The Towers into seniors housing and rename it The Watermark at Brooklyn Heights.
      “Meticulously maintained since its inception in the late 1920s, The Watermark at Brooklyn Heights epitomizes a Class A property with a unique redevelopment opportunity: To introduce modern, luxury living for seniors in Brooklyn and Manhattan,” Al Rabil, Kayne Anderson Real Estate Advisors' managing partner and CEO, said in a press release.
      The new owner is “committed to upholding the property's unique legacy,” Rabil said.
      The Boca Raton-based investment firm is the real-estate private equity arm of Kayne Anderson Capital Advisors L.P.
      Watermark Retirement Communities, a nationwide operator of seniors housing communities, is partnering with Kayne Anderson Real Estate Advisors on The Towers' redevelopment.
      The sale deed for the Towers has not yet appeared in city Finance Department records.
      But according to the Wall Street Journal — which was the first to report The Towers' sale — the price was about $200 million.

The Watchtower paid $1,992,229.08 for The Towers in 1975, Finance Department records indicate.

The Towers' rooftop terrace has views of the Brooklyn Bridge and the Manhattan skyline.
      Watchtower property sell-off moves closer to finish line

The sale of The Towers brings the Jehovah's Witnesses a big step closer to completing their years-long effort to liquidate their once-vast property portfolio in Brooklyn Heights and DUMBO.
      The sell-off was precipitated by their decision to move their world headquarters to the upstate New York town of Warwick.

“For those of us who lived in Brooklyn Heights, we'll remember The Towers not just as a landmark building but as a beautiful and comfortable home,” Watchtower spokesman David Semonian said in a statement.
      “With this most recent transaction, we close another chapter of our history in Brooklyn,” he said.
      Other buyers of the religious organization's properties include the Kushner Cos., which spent about $1 billion with investor partners on Brooklyn Heights and DUMBO Watchtower purchases.
      The firm was headed by Jared Kushner until he stepped aside to serve as senior adviser to his father-in-law, President Donald Trump.  
      http://www.brooklyneagle.com/articles/2017/11/1/jehovahs-witnesses-sell-towers-storied-brooklyn-heights-hotel
    • Guest Nicole
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Leander H. McNelly
    Newest Member
    Leander H. McNelly

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.