The World News Media

How are we to understand the GB/Slave interpreting scripture, as the sole chanel, and at the same time accept that they can err?

Anna

On 2/6/2017 at 9:34 PM, ComfortMyPeople said:

I follow these teachings, of course, but, please, don’t force me to always agree with them!

If people follow such teachings and kill themselves, it is loss of their own lives and wasted effort.

But when people, as in example you gave with Uriah, successfully implement to kill somebody (spiritual or literal dead) because of teaching aka instruction from some men ...... than is not enough to make just intellectual disagreement and do a job.... but refuse to do so. 

• Views 16.3k
  • Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most Witnesses obviously want to live peaceful Christian lives and conduct ourselves in a way that pleases Jehovah God and Jesus Christ. None of us really want the job of being responsible to take a s

Hi Anna! Sorry for the delay in response. I am a little bit confused what you mean about complete obedience being in the minds of only some Witnesses. The Governing Body spells it out in their literat

Who is more loyal? This is a real conversation I had with a brother. He insisted I should follow some instructions in our congregation. I agreed but I also mentioned this arrangement was silly. T

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

In my amateur opinion: two expressions with the same meaning :))))

Well it's about time you started reaching out to become a professional. It might refine your opinion.

Are you serious?

I have a sense of humour, but yes, I am pretty serious.

Do you want to apply this idea about JHVH only on JW religion in some special situations and periods of religious progress/changes aka new light dogma?

You are referring to the nature of Jehovah's happines here I think? If that is the case then I don't apply it in such a narrrow context.

Or do you offer this Idea as General View (Happiness) that JHVH have on Humankind and World Condition (in specific religious issue: old Jew, 1 Church, 2 Church, Reformed Churches, etc.) in past thousand years? By reading of Bible report we see that god was Unhappy only ones, when released Flood on Earth. In all other stages, periods by not intervened He showed Happiness? :))

This is another one of those question/statements you make that I find almost impenetrable. I see how your self-assessment as    "amateur "applies here. But I will have a go. 

• Do I think Jehovah is generally happy? ..............Yes.
  • Do I think that Jehovah is disturbed on occasion by various incidents of unacceptable behaviour on the part of intelligent creatures? ...............Yes.
  • Do I think this in any way disturbs his state of happiness? ..............No

On 2/1/2017 at 8:30 PM, Outta Here said:

He is always happy with what He allows.

I think this is strange feeling.

........In your heart....or in god's.

Keep working at it. Meditation always takes a bit of time and effort, but it is worth it long term. It will become less "strange" as your understanding grows.

On 6/7/2019 at 12:09 AM, Outta Here said:

Most of the direction is left for the brothers to figure out what is best in accord with Bible principles. 

Ahh, i see clearly now, i figured out .... difference between "be inspired" and "spirit guided" :)))))

On 6/7/2019 at 12:09 AM, Outta Here said:

The scripture says food is provided at the proper time, not ALL the time.

Another prophetic words for less publications in recent years.

But again have to ask, what Bible verse said; "not ALL the time"? :))) 

....... similar with WTJWORG statement: "Jesus not promised perfect food" ?? :))

Looking for Literal interpretations about illustration.

THE PHILOSOPHER KINGS WILL DO ANYTHING TO PROTECT THE PHILOSOPHER KINGS.

... JUST REMEMBER THIS ... PLAYING WITH WORDS WILL NOT CHANGE REALITY.

.... AND PLAYING WITH A MILLION WORDS WILL NOT CHANGE REALITY, EITHER.

TO UNDERSTAND WHAT JESUS OR THE APOSTLES REALLY MEANT, YOU HAVE TO "GET INTO THE MIND" OF THOSE THAT WERE BEING SPOKEN TO AT THE TIME.

HOW DID THEY UNDERSTAND IT ?

ALL ELSE IS ARROGANCE.

ALL ELSE IS VANITY.

ONCE A RELIGION ACCUMULATES MONEY AND REAL ESTATE, IT'S ALWAYS ABOUT MONEY AND REAL ESTATE THEREAFTER, AND  WHATEVER IT TAKES TO KEEP IT.

-------

THERE HAVE NEVER BEEN ANY EXCEPTIONS IN THE PAST.

-------

THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS, NOW.

-------

Prophesy Explaned.jpg

5 hours ago, Outta Here said:

You are referring to the nature of Jehovah's happines here I think?

I don't know nothing about nature of JHVH (and his happiness). What i think i know maybe is wrong or insufficient. I am not sure how your view about God's nature is correct. Because you said, He is always happy with what He allows. 

B1 [ T ] to give permission for someone to do something, or to not prevent something from happening:

[ + that ] formal to admit or agree that something is true:

to let someone do something or let something happen; permit:

to make it possible for something to be done or to happen:

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/allow

In regard to JW religion, and with your opinion, this would mean how JHVH is happy when JW members feeling, thinking, speaking and doing things that are factually wrong. Strange god you have :)) 

Ah it seems like I've missed all the fun on this topic, but didn't that GB guy in Aus say that it would be "presumptuous to say that the GB is the only channel of communication ?" 

And I'm sure that @Anna can see buy her original question how stupid the idea is. 

Imperfect men yes, but uninspired and often making 'mistakes' (or deliberate wrongdoings) are the leaders of the JW Org and W/t. And people actually follow these guys and serve them ? 

28 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

In regard to JW religion, and with your opinion, this would mean how JHVH is happy when JW members feeling, thinking, speaking and doing things that are factually wrong. Strange god you have :)) 

The strangeness for me seems to be in your implication that God's happiness depends on what humans are "feeling, thinking, speaking and doing", whether right or wrong.

"Strange god you have" Yes, I can accept that you find my God strange.

38 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

What i think i know maybe is wrong or insufficient.

7 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Ahh, i see clearly now, i figured out .... difference between "be inspired" and "spirit guided"

Now you seem to be talking more sensibly.

@JOHN BUTLER

Idea is not just "stupid" but also impossible. Read again last sentence conclusion that @Anna made by quoting WT magazine.

In an effort to protect their intellectual and copyright law (ahahaha) and to blur the vision of the reader or the believer / follower, to justifies all past and future failure in any, any matter they reached for The Words that Jesus never said, according to Bible, OT or NT scriptures !!!!! 

Another funny idea can be filtered from the way they made explanation; Jesus did not tell us. From this we can make funny conclusion, but who knows, maybe editor of article truly believes in possibility that Jesus somehow told them with some Voice from Heaven, in a Dream, before this edition of WT magazine went to printing; I never told you and never promised you that i will supplied you with perfect spiritual food!  

Today's WT study (Nov 2016) p.15 par.9:  "Some may feel that they can interpret the Bible on their own. However, Jesus has appointed the ‘faithful slave’ to be the only channel for dispensing spiritual food. Since 1919, the glorified Jesus Christ has been using that slave to help his followers understand God’s own Book and heed its directives.’"

And

WT Feb.2017 p.26. par.12 " The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible. Therefore, it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction. In fact, the Watch Tower Publications Index includes the heading “Beliefs Clarified,” which lists adjustments in our Scriptural understanding since 1870".

It seems that the key to making sense of these 2 seemingly opposing quotes is in the above paragraph if we continue reading: " Of course, Jesus did not tell us that his faithful slave would produce perfect spiritual food".

•  

50 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

In an effort to protect their intellectual and copyright law (ahahaha) and to blur the vision of the reader or the believer / follower, to justifies all past and future failure in any, any matter they reached for The Words that Jesus never said, according to Bible, OT or NT scriptures !!!!! 

I have no custom to offer Bible verses as for reason to support my opinions, but for those who Respect Bible above WTJWORG:  

Psalm 119:160 The sum of your word is truth,

John 17:17 Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.

Ephesians 1:13-14 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 

Job 34:12 Of a truth, God will not do wickedly, and the Almighty will not pervert justice.

Psalm 25:5 Lead me in your truth and teach me

Psalm 86:11 Teach me your way, O LORD, that I may walk in your truth;

John 8:31-32 … So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

John 17:8 For I have given them the words that you gave me, and they have received them and have come to know in truth that I came from you;

WT magazine: Of course, Jesus did not tell us that his faithful slave would produce perfect spiritual food". 

TRUTH = PERFECT 

First and Last thing what JW's need, must have in Mind, to reevaluate; JHVH/JESUS is Source and He Produced Truthful, Perfect and Healthy Spiritual Food .... NOT GB from WTJWORG.

If by any chance GB want to apply on themselves illustration from Matthew about servant who sharing food, (Sharing, NOT Grow, NOT Produce, Not Cooke)  than the best thing for them would be to continue with printing the Bible, and only Bible. :)))