The World News Media

Healing through Writing

JayDubya

When our brothers lose a loved one, we often say, 'at least we have the resurrection hope.'  This is true, however, the Bible refers to death as a 'sting'.   It hurts and it doesn't go away as quickly as a bee.   

I lost two parents in 20 days- Two funerals in 30 days.  At least I have the resurrection hope.   

IMG_0436.JPG

• Views 1.2k
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When our brothers lose a loved one, we often say, 'at least we have the resurrection hope.'  This is true, however, the Bible refers to death as a 'sting'.   It hurts and it doesn't go away as quickly

Sharon: So sorry for your loss. I also have lost loved ones. Jehovah, even though he could raise his son, still felt pain, sadness and loss. i found some help: Death affects each person diff

Yes.  I agree wholeheartedly.  Grief is different for each person.  With each passing day, it gets better.    Agape'

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Sharon Washington said:

When our brothers lose a loved one, we often say, 'at least we have the resurrection hope.'  This is true, however, the Bible refers to death as a 'sting'.   It hurts and it doesn't go away as quickly as a bee.   

I lost two parents in 20 days- Two funerals in 30 days.  At least I have the resurrection hope.   

IMG_0436.JPG

Sharon: So sorry for your loss. I also have lost loved ones. Jehovah, even though he could raise his son, still felt pain, sadness and loss.

i found some help:

Death affects each person differently. Indeed, the Bible says that “each one” has “his own plague and his own pain.” (2 Chronicles 6:29) With that in mind, take a moment to think about how your parent’s death has affected you. Below, describe (1) how you felt when you first found out about your parent’s death and (2) how you feel now.*

(1) ․․․․․

(2) ․․․․․

Perhaps your answers reveal that your emotions are, at least to a degree, leveling off. This is normal. It does not mean that you have forgotten your parent. On the other hand, you may find that your emotions are still the same or are even more intense. Maybe your grief comes in waves that seem to ebb and flow and then “crash ashore” at unexpected moments. This too is normaleven if it occurs years after your parent’s death. The question is, How can you cope with your grief—whatever form it takes?

Ways to Cope

Don’t hold back the tears! Crying helps ease the pain of grief. However, you may feel the way Alicia did, who was 19 when her mother passed away. She relates, “I felt that if I showed too much emotion, it would seem to others that I lacked faith.” But think: Jesus Christ was a perfect man who had strong faith in God. Yet, he “gave way to tears” over the death of his dear friend Lazarus. (John 11:35) So don’t be afraid to let your tears flow. It does not mean that you lack faith! Alicia says: “Eventually, I cried. A lot. Every day.”*

Address feelings of guilt. “I always went upstairs and kissed my mom good night,” says Karyn, who was 13 when her mom died. “There was one time that I didn’t do that. The next morning, Mom passed away. As unrealistic as it sounds, I feel guilty for not having seen her that last night—and for the chain of events that occurred the next morning. My dad left on a business trip and wanted me and my sister to look in on Mom. But we slept late. When I went into the bedroom, Mom wasn’t breathing. I felt terrible, because she was OK when Dad left!”

Communicate your feelings. Proverbs 12:25 states: “Kind words will cheer you up.” (Today’s English Version) Keeping your feelings bottled up inside may make it difficult for you to deal with your grief. On the other hand, discussing your feelings with someone you trust will open the way for you to receive “kind words” of encouragement when you need them most. Therefore, why not try one or more of the following suggestions?

Talk to your surviving parent. Though this is a difficult time for your surviving dad or mom, he or she undoubtedly still wants to provide the assistance you need. So let your surviving parent know how you feel. Such discussions will no doubt relieve you of some of your grief and draw the two of you closer together.

To help start a conversation, try this exercise: List two or three things that you wish you could have known about your deceased dad or mom, and then ask to discuss one of these with your surviving parent.* 

Talk to close friends. The Bible says that true companions are “born for when there is distress.” (Proverbs 17:17) “The person you least expect may be the one who helps you,” says Alicia. “So don’t be afraid to talk about it.” Admittedly, such conversations might be a bit awkward, as you and your friend struggle to find the right words to say. In the long run, though, it will do you good to talk to others about your grief. David, who was only nine years old when his father suffered a fatal heart attack, recalls: “I kept all my feelings locked up inside me. It would have been healthier for me if I had talked more about it. I could have coped better.”

Read more at:

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102009284?q=grief&p=par

Prayers and Hugs, May the peace of Jehovah keep you strong and confident that Jehovah wil help you through this.

Agape,

Bible Speaks 

IMG_5911.GIF

So sorry for your loss.  I too lost my husband in 2016 and the sting is still there!  I watched the Broadcast for February and the part with the young sister seeing the picture at Bethel of the ones waiting on the balcony was so hard because it brought out that they were waiting for their dear loved ones being resurrected.  So there I was crying my eyes out again.  The loss of a loved one is so hard but we must keep our HOPE alive!  We can do this, each of us...TOGETHER and always with Jehovah's help and his continued love and support.  I feel that love and support each day!  Take care my dear sister!

Agape'

P.S. I forgot to let you know how I appreciated the poem!  Thank you for that.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.