The World News Media

Cadillac CTS 2008

admin

Whenever it would rain I would notice a pool of water on the carpeted floorboards on the passenger side.

Evidently the drains (front and back) are plugged / collapsing and causing rainwater to pool inside the car.

The dealership is going to chatge me $850 to fix this problem.

Really? A tube "collapsing" at less than 100,000 miles? What kind of quality tubing is that?

Nevermind the dealership trying to "soak" me by offering to rip out all my carpeting to avoid mold. I figure I will save some $ and wet vac it out myself.

----------------------------------------------------------

The previous problem of the tire pressure monitor going bad will only cost me $167 to fix. (ONE TIRE)

Wonderful Cadillac engineering at work.... I should have remembered all the little things that would break on my mothers 1977 Cadillac Eldorado. Sigh.

My next car will be a Tesla. Less things that can break.... oh.. and with no sunroof. ;-)

• Views 951
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, BTolan said:

I would contact BBB see what they can do and check your contract very closely you may have unknowingly bought a vehicle with flood damage and the dealership is trying to cover their tracks.

I bought it at another dealership back in 2009. So it must be their engineering. Good thoughts though ;-)

Turns out the mechanic broke the sunroof window while trying to fix the car. So Cadillac said they would pay to repair it. (Although it will take them another day)

They just called up... (at 4pm) to let me know they just got the new glass for the sunroof.

The service advisor asks me if it is "ok". I respond. "it is what it is".... What else can I say?  

He quickly responds that he will take 10% off of my bill. 

Sigh.... the Cadillac Engineers could have avoided all of this in the first place with a better design.

I finally go the car back on Friday. When I went to go pick it up it at 4pm I touched the front passenger side carpet and they had vacuumed it out. All appeared fixed.

The next day it rained hard.... I happened to put something in the back seat and touched the carpet in the back and it was SOAKED.

So... either they didn't vacuum it out or their repair was unsuccessful.

I vacuumed it out last night. It did rain last night.... later today I will go to see if it is soaked.

Needless to say, I am not very pleased with Cadillac right now.

Again.... my next car will be a Tesla. 

It appears they DID fix the leak. The carpet is not soaked after a hefty rain..... they just did not vacuum out the water in the back area carpet... only the front passenger area.

I should also mention that I had to clean up the greasy fingerprints from all around the headliner area where they installed the sunroof. 

Thanks Carr Cadillac of Vancouver, WA. 

I would give them a D+ on this repair job.  Case closed. Rant filed.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.