The World News Media

A majority of Americans believe a major war is coming under @realDonaldTrump....

TheWorldNewsOrg

• Views 822
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now I see that my sentence was ambiguous. I was trying to be ironic. When you said that you listened to Fred Franz speak like Yoda, I meant "higher studies"

I think that's just "old" speak, maybe wanting to sound a little Shakespearean perhaps? "Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once. Of all the wonders that

I'm not into movies - watch them now and then... as cinema-therapy or biographic movies of people who really existed.  So I am not prone to see life through the lens of movies as many Americans do.  S

Satan is ruling the world - we all know this - but we have not seen the full manifestation of it.  Democracy and these kind of governments has softened the plight of people.  I think we cannot now imagine the kind of oppression which may come when we see the full impact of Satan's rule in totalitarian governments which will oppress the people and not value their lives. In this time it will be possible for governments to oppress all religion and any form of recruitment (preaching).

3 hours ago, Arauna said:

Satan is ruling the world - we all know this - but we have not seen the full manifestation of it.  Democracy and these kind of governments has softened the plight of people.  I think we cannot now imagine the kind of oppression which may come when we see the full impact of Satan's rule in totalitarian governments which will oppress the people and not value their lives. In this time it will be possible for governments to oppress all religion and any form of recruitment (preaching).

1971 *** kj chap. 19 p. 357 par. 20 Defeat Awaits Attack by Nations under Gog ***
Gog of Magog would like to invade and get up as high among the restored people of Jehovah as he can, even “onto the mountains of Israel,” indeed onto “Mount Zion,” the seat of government, to assure himself of success. So he comes with the vast “congregation” of war-minded persons that he can muster, many “bands and many peoples.” “Like clouds to cover the land” with their shadow, so the multitudes of Gog’s army of aggression will swarm over the earth, bedarkening the ground with their presence. This is a warning to the remnant of spiritual Israel and their dedicated sheeplike associates. They should not be surprised that they will have the whole world of mankind under Satan the Devil against them. Not amazed should they be even if military dictatorship world wide came

3 hours ago, ComfortMyPeople said:

This is a warning to the remnant of spiritual Israel and their dedicated sheeplike associates. They should not be surprised that they will have the whole world of mankind under Satan the Devil against them. Not amazed should they be even if military dictatorship world wide came

I remember that was taking my first year learning German in school when I first read the highlighted sentence, and assumed that the writer was foreign, because the word-order in the sentence is not standard English. Now I know that the style was that of Fred Franz, who could sometimes sound like he could "speak Yoda" from the assembly platform once or twice per speech.

Yoda, in Star Wars, said things like:

• "Do not underestimate the power of the Emperor or suffer your father's fate you will."
  • "Not if anything to say about it I have."

On the subject of Gog of Magog, however, Yoda's most appropriate quote would probably be:

• “Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future..”

5 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

I remember that was taking my first year learning German in school when I first read the highlighted sentence, and assumed that the writer was foreign, because the word-order in the sentence is not standard English. Now I know that the style was that of Fred Franz, who could sometimes sound like he could "speak Yoda" from the assembly platform once or twice per speech.

Now I understand why you're able to understand me.
You got Superior Education from a relevant source! 

By the way, can't grasp the full meaning, or tone (ironic, of course) of the last sentence of yoda: "Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future"

Does this sentence reflect doubt, uncertainty?

46 minutes ago, ComfortMyPeople said:

Does this sentence reflect doubt, uncertainty?

Yes. To me it means that trying to see the future is like aiming at a moving target that moves in random directions.

46 minutes ago, ComfortMyPeople said:

You got Superior Education from a relevant source!

And no, I don't claim any superior education. Everyone is American high school is usually offered a foreign language to learn, although not too many high schools offer German any more like they did when I went to school.

Your English is much better than you think it is.

1 hour ago, JW Insider said:

And no, I don't claim any superior education. Everyone is American high school is usually offered a foreign language to learn, although not too many high schools offer German any more like they did when I went to school.

Now I see that my sentence was ambiguous. I was trying to be ironic. When you said that you listened to Fred Franz speak like Yoda, I meant "higher studies"

12 hours ago, JW Insider said:

because the word-order in the sentence is not standard English. Now I know that the style was that of Fred Franz, who could sometimes sound like he could "speak Yoda"

I think that's just "old" speak, maybe wanting to sound a little Shakespearean perhaps? "Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once. Of all the wonders that I yet have heard, it seems to me most strange that men should fear; Seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come"......

But then guess what, I found this!

http://prestwickhouse.blogspot.com/2009/12/plain-english-how-yoda-helps-students.htmlo

So I wasn't too far off the mark after all :D:D

I'm not into movies - watch them now and then... as cinema-therapy or biographic movies of people who really existed.  So I am not prone to see life through the lens of movies as many Americans do.  Saw only one matrix movie and I thought it was good.  But I met a man the other day (and I am sure there are many more matrix fans who think this way) who think that the end of 'everything' is going to be that we all will live in a Matrix-like utopia....forever ..... that each person will have their own wishes fulfilled in this way ....god will bring this to mankind... yea... well... how far can one get from reality!

The reality is that Satan wants to rule the world - literally.  He is using authoritarian worldly governments, greed for money, secret organizations, and false religion (religions who want to rule the entire world and make everyone submit to their form of religion through violence) to accomplish this.  

Humans are going to suffer terribly in future when the full impact of satanic rule takes over - under human governments and political false religion (all 666 - triple emphasis). Up till now the democratic elements and the basic decency of humans have curbed satanic influence - but this is rapidly disappearing!  It depends on how far Jehovah will allow it to go.   But we have been warned that many would lose their faith due to the tremendous suffering "the great tribulation" will bring (the worst the world has ever seen).

This is peculation of course - but as things are unfolding - it is almost the only way to think ahead about the future..... with one exception- the predictions in the Bible: that mankind will ruin the earth; that a most terrible time under satanic rule is coming ... One thing is sure: Jehovah will take over at the correct moment in human history - once He has proved beyond a reasonable doubt that Satan (and whatever human organizations he chooses to use) cannot rule the earth successfully.  Independent rule from Jehovah only brings great misery..... 

It is ironic that in 'advanced' societies (such as Sweden/Germany/France/)  where philosophies such as humanism and secularism is replacing the bible and God - they are totally blind to what awaits them in future  for example: I see that the far left militant woman's organizations are having rallies together with Muslim women and wearing hijabs in political solidarity to this religion - they have ignored the fact that these muslim leaders (several have terrorist connections) have all publically said that they want Sharia law implemented (sharia has no respect for women) and yet they form an "alliance"?  Satan is truly "blinding" the eyes of people.  The world has really gone crazy.... and more to come.

On 2/28/2017 at 5:25 AM, JW Insider said:

Yoda, in Star Wars, said things like:

• "Do not underestimate the power of the Emperor or suffer your father's fate you will."
  • "Not if anything to say about it I have."

On the subject of Gog of Magog, however, Yoda's most appropriate quote would probably be:

• “Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future..”

I think it's more like: 

• “Difficult to see. Always in motion the future is..”  =)