The World News Media

How To Raise Responsible Children Today ? ?

Bible Speaks

Children Bring Praise to Jehovah! Lessons From the Bible Teach Us How to Raise Responsible Children Today! -

(Psalm 34:11) . . .Come, listen to me; The fear of Jehovah is what I shall teach YOU."

(Zechariah 8:5) . . .And the public squares of the city themselves will be filled with boys and girls playing in her public squares.’” Young children in Israel knew the joy of relaxation and amusements, sometimes playing in the marketplace, imitating things they had observed while watching grown-ups.—Mt 11:16, 17; Zec 8:5

The parents were the ones responsible for the education and training of their children, they themselves being the instructors and guides, both by word and by example. 

The educational program was as follows:

(1) Fear of Jehovah was taught. (Ps 34:11; Pr 9:10)

(2) The child was admonished to honor his father and mother. (Ex 20:12; Le 19:3; De 27:16)

(3)Discipline or instruction in the Law, its commandments and teachings, and education in the activities and revealed truths of Jehovah were diligently inculcated in the impressionable minds of the young offspring.

(De 4:5, 9; 6:7-21; Ps 78:5)

(4) Respect for older persons was stressed. (Le 19:32)

(5) The importance of obedience was indelibly stamped on the youngster’s mind. (Pr 4:1; 19:20; 23:22-25)

(6) Stress was put on practical training for adult living, such as teaching girls to do things around the home, or teaching boys the trade of the father or some other trade.

(7) Education in reading and    writing was given.
http://wol.jw.org/en

IMG_8844.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

• Views 2.4k
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Children Bring Praise to Jehovah! Lessons From the Bible Teach Us How to Raise Responsible Children Today! - (Psalm 34:11) . . .Come, listen to me; The fear of Jehovah is what I shall teach YOU.

Samuel helping with the cleaning of the Kingdom Hall in Udine, Italy!  #jw #jwitaly #jwitalia #jwgirls #jwboys #jwforever #jwhappy #preachingwork #peace #JehovahGod #JesusChrist #jwpreaching #children

We Love Jehovah God! ?

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.