The Librarian

JW’s are now allowed to have beards and publicly preach....

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

The Librarian -

Top Posters

I love a neat looking beard!  Scruffy ones - noooooo.   Unfortunately it is very easy to let a beard go wild.  It takes constant care it seems..... I have no experience regarding this so I better shut up! -  although the menopause stray hairs have started developing and this also takes some care!

Until we receive this direct from JW.ORG most would treat it as, "Hoping it will be allowed." I have a dear friend who is also a brother who has been wearing a beard for many years. His beard is so neat and short that it does not immediately attract attention. Our Governing Body is most likely aware that once it is allowed, some may go overboard, wearing anything from the common worldly masculine unshaven look to upturned waxed corners which would not appeal to any sincere Christian. Brothers who have skin problems would surely welcome being able to hide their condition until the skin condition improves.

Short and sweet:

image.jpeg

Vice Versa:

image.jpeg

I  love nice  beards..  in  many  countries  allowed  by  JW  - GREAT !!   SOMETIMES  LONGER  OR  SHORTER....   Importend,  its  lookng  nice !  Our  young  anointed  Sinti  Brother  has  a  beautiful  small  beard !

Just  now  he  is  again  in  the  German  Bethel  with  his  pioneer - wife...  recording  the  next  especially  theocratic  songs...  a  wonderful  voice.  When  I  know   them,  I  will  post  for  us.

Thank  you  so  much  my  dear  Brother  Melano :x

12 hours ago, Jack Ryan said:

Women are allowed. ?

Imagine those who once had beards but had to shave later. Now that it's allowed they again decide to have a beard.

What will the public think when they open the door to a calling person and see what appears to be someone who apparently hasn't shaved for a few days. Especially when the person introduces himself as a Jehovah's Witness. The first one to have a beard.

Guest Nicole
20 hours ago, Jack Ryan said:

Women are allowed. ?

That would save us the laser depilation, depilatory waxing expenses ?

• Similar Content

• By Queen Esther
      The  CO - class,  learning  in  a  course  in  Bethel  *Mill  Hill*  -
      Left  side  first  is  GB  Brother  Barba !   A  friend-sister  met  him  by  a  New york  Bethel  visit,   she  got  alot  pictures
      That  picture  is  from  the  past  ~  Bro. Barba  is  now  in  Heaven  by  the  others  from  NY.
    • By The Librarian
      except for the sister of course... LOL...
    • By Jack Ryan
      Beards and Special Privileges

Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.

via @Atlantis4  
    • By Queen Esther
      BEARD ?       
      In your region as seen?  We will be reading them  -
      ( photo @ antonito36 )
      ( for  Germany  its  too  much...  not  allowed )    And  in  your  region,  country ?
    • By TrueTomHarley
      I knew Seth Sheepngoats would pull something like this, I knew it! The tip-off should have been when I saw him go into that costume shop.
      He arrived at the Kingdom Hall just like anyone else yesterday. But halfway through the Watchtower Study, he reached into his bag and tied something behind his neck.
      When he emerged, it was with a huge, magnificent Santa Claus beard!
      He is such an idiot!

• By James Thomas Rook Jr.
      This continuous, never-ending global controversy has been going on since the 1960's, that I am aware of personally, and even before, when Judge Rutherford PERSONALLY forbade beards among Jehovah's witnesses, with the possible exception of post-menopausel Sisters .... and the Society has never definitively stated ANYTHING. 
      With my usual lack of humor I present the Draft Copy of the December 2016 issue of the Watchtower which showed a Brother shaving on the cover ... it was changed before being distributed, because the Brothers responsible for the VERY GOOD and accurate article ... disappeared mysteriously.
      After you save the file to your hard drive, from the TOOL BAR, be sure to set your ADOBE PDF reader under VIEW to "Reading Mode" and under ZOOM,  "Fit Page" to read it.
      Dec 2016 Watchtower draft article .pdf

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      I noticed the beard  

• By The Librarian
      From latest WT Study Edition
      This should cause some interesting showdowns in congregations all over the United States. LOL

Which reminded me of this comical infographic:

• By Jack Ryan
      An official Austria Watchtower delegation meeting with government and religion leaders of that country.

What was the job title of Walter SchneeweiB?
    • By Γιαννης Διαμαντιδης
      Is it scripturally correct to press the brothers in the congregation to remove all facial hair (beard) except the mustache?
    • By Γιαννης Διαμαντιδης
      In the light of bible verse Acts 15:19: "Therefore it is my judgment that we do not trouble those who are turning to God from among the Gentiles", is it scripturally correct to use unnecessary and unscriptural strict rules inside the congregation?  for example to press the brothers in the congregation to remove all facial hair (beard) except the moustache? In my area we have very much pressure from elders to abide to any given personal rule (given verbally and never written). This behavior reminds me the Amish community. They tend shunning technology and they suffer because of that, because technology is cheap and makes life easier. Maybe are we becoming also religious extremists ?
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Carnita
    Newest Member
    Carnita

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.