The World News Media

JW’s are now allowed to have beards and publicly preach....

The Librarian

26 minutes ago, Anna said:

I am not exactly understanding the point you are making in reference to what I was saying. Care to explain please?

I think it's pretty simple really. He's saying that it makes no difference what the president does, it should not affect the JW / GB decision. Unless you are going by 'traditions of men' of course :) .

• Views 29.2k
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It Depends on where you live and the community standards. Beards are not acceptable In most cases in U.S. at the current time. Look at pics in publications. When I see governing body members wearing b

To make a very long story very short, almost to the point of abbreviation .... and trying to stay on topic .... In the past 57 years, I have been in the "little back room, Room 101", about 17 tim

There was never a time when they were not allowed. Who's going to 'not allow' them?

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Thanks for such deep, contemplative inspection of other people spirit and soul :))))  In just two sentences you done amazing job. Investigative Journalism?    

What in the world is wrong with it? “Typical patterns” can be discerned by just keeping ones eyes opened.

You don’t need “investigative journalism,” for example, to voice that Americans are, as a people, overweight. Even checking your “critical thinking” at the door,  one can come up with that observation. What I have done is parallel.

I also plainly said that you as an individual didn’t necessarily fit that “typical pattern.”

Witnesses as a people have a much greater diversity of friends as regards race, social-economic, nationality, & educational letters, then do non-Witnesses. It doesn’t mean that there will be not found many individuals of both groups who do not fit the typical pattern.

I don’t back down on this one even a bit. It is plainly true.

12 hours ago, Colin Browne said:

The past cannot be changed - only the future.

“But the path of the righteous is like the bright morning light That grows brighter and brighter until full daylight. 

The way of the wicked is like the darkness; They do not know what makes them stumble.” (Prov. 4:18, 19)

Sometimes when things seem at their darkest, and you see that New Light Approaching faster and faster ... it's a good idea to make sure that you are not in the middle of train tracks.

motivation.jpg

Poor old @TrueTomHarley has to try to group people together. Even though he adds 'as individuals', he still starts with a group of people all of one type. 

I don't know Srecko's personal information and I would not ask him, but as for me, I have a wife and a son that live 'at home' with me. They are enough company for me thanks. I do not need to surround myself at home or online with a group of people.

I've just bought myself a new MP3 player with the biggest 'cans' (headphones) I could get, and I go walking along the riverside and then along the seafront all on my own. I walk past people as if they are just obstructions, I dodge round them all. People here in the UK are also fat and they get in the way, but I squeeze my slim body past them all. :) 

As for the idea that "Witnesses as a people have a much greater diversity of friends as regards race, social-economic, nationality, & educational letters, then do non-Witnesses."   That is probably wishful thinking. 

Witnesses do not seem to actually have any friends, just brothers and sisters. A friend is someone that can be relied upon for support and help, no matter what the circumstances. Not so with the bro's and sis, who desert people at the slightest whim. 

The fact that the JW Org is earthwide does not make all those people your friends. That's a bit like having a million friends on Facebook, they are not real friends. 

Poor Tom is still living in that dream world of his, and he won't back down, which is funny as he condemned me for not backing down on things. 

If you treat things as typical patterns it is because you don't want to 'see' the individual.  You are frightened to think of individuals having a mind and thoughts of their own, because JW's are not allowed to have a mind and thoughts of their own. 

9 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Regarding tobacco : God's kingdom Rules Page 111 para 12 & 13  And Smoking banned in 1973

Regarding christmas :   God's Kingdom Rules  page 101 para 8  & page 102 para 9 

@Anna i hope this is to your satisfaction. 

Thank you. It shows me a few important things, although Russell personally thought smoking was a filthy habit, had a "dim" view of it , and didn't think it brought God any glory, he did not insist on his personal opinion, banning others from smoking. Then later in 1935 the WT called it a filthy weed and banned it in Bethel but did not try to impose this on the congregations. It was obviously still not thought of as something worthy of disfellowshipping until 1973. So, they didn't know it was totally wrong until the 70's, not the 1800's as you suggested.

The same thing with Christmas.

12 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

I think it's pretty simple really. He's saying that it makes no difference what the president does, it should not affect the JW / GB decision. Unless you are going by 'traditions of men' of course :) .

13 hours ago, Anna said:

I am not exactly understanding the point you are making in reference to what I was saying. Care to explain please?

If people are willing to talk to us, we should try to pass on a few Bible truths.

For instance, we often ask them whether they know who God’s enemies are.  

If they say it’s wicked people, we tell them that Jesus came to call sinners.  (Luke 5:30-32)

Should they maintain interest, we tell them that the rulers of this world do not want to yield to God’s Kingdom, then read, Psalm 2

“Why are the nations agitated And the peoples muttering an empty thing?

The kings of the earth take their stand And high officials gather together as one

Against Jehovah and against his anointed one.   

They say: “Let us tear off their shackles And throw off their ropes!” 

The One enthroned in the heavens will laugh; Jehovah will scoff at them.   

At that time he will speak to them in his anger And terrify them in his burning anger,  

Saying: “I myself have installed my king On Zion, my holy mountain.”

God's enemies.docx God's enemies.docx

14 hours ago, Colin Browne said:
15 hours ago, Anna said:

I wonder if there are restrictions for a US President not to wear a beard. And if one day a US President does wear a beard, I wonder how this will affect US Witnesses.

(1 Corinthians 5:12, 13) 12 "For what do I have to do with judging those outside? Do you not judge those inside,  while God judges those outside?. . .

The kings of the earth will all be gathered at Armageddon.

Thank you Colin, but I still do not understand what you were trying to say...

15 hours ago, Anna said:

Thank you. It shows me a few important things, although Russell personally thought smoking was a filthy habit, had a "dim" view of it , and didn't think it brought God any glory, he did not insist on his personal opinion, banning others from smoking. Then later in 1935 the WT called it a filthy weed and banned it in Bethel but did not try to impose this on the congregations. It was obviously still not thought of as something worthy of disfellowshipping until 1973. So, they didn't know it was totally wrong until the 70's, not the 1800's as you suggested.

The same thing with Christmas.

Make your excuses for them if it pleases you @Anna 

They did not ban it at first as it would have lost them many members and that would have lost them many $$$$$$. 

It's all about the money and the power. They were wise enough to wait, but they knew in the late 1800's.

How gullible are you @Anna

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.