The Librarian

• Views 12.5k
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Interesting tidbit I came across today. Did you know that this guy, "Vladimir Lukin" who was for many years the Ombusdman for the Russian Federation and has spoken out many times on behalf o

There was a report (does anyone have it?) that our brothers in Russia have withdrawn all appeals and have instead requested the largest possible courtroom for the April 5th hearing, the 'overflow' cou

When you are writing to the Russians about their proposal to ban Jehovah’s Witnesses, there may be a temptation to speak of legal and constitutional issues, for their recent conduct flies in the face

Posted Images

On 4/1/2017 at 11:19 PM, John Lindsay Barltrop said:

True Tom, your mention of Kim Jong Un reminded me of this cartoon:

......and of course we have rasPutin, "he mad monk" and Donald "Duck" in the US

oops..........the mad monk........sorry, forgot the "t"

McCain calls Kim Jong-un "that crazy fat kid running North Korea." Says he must be stopped. The crazy fat kid threatens to nuke America over the insult. (In covering the story, the Guardian included photos of Kim touring two pastry plants each wearing a wide grin on his face!

High U.S. officials signal the time for patience is over, previous policies have failed.

A few days ago, in response to some remark or other, Kim said that if a single bullet was fired, NK would nuke America. 

He can't yet reach America, though he is working hard on it and will be able to soon. But Japan and South Korea are understandably scared out of their pants..

In the face of such potentially catastrophic news, what is the top story in Russia these days? @bruceq tells us: 

It is the Russian extremism story

What you have said there Tom certainly agrees with news items that I have read over the past week or so............I try to keep abreast of world news, because I find it to be useful in the ministry, it can assist in having a friendly chat to someone, who initially, may not be interested in the message we bear concerning the Good News........this way, I find, can start the conversation off in "neutral territory"........but, of course it does not work all the time! 

4 hours ago, Anna said:

Is that a rhetorical question or you want my opinion? :D:D ....No, you don't.

You think that's funny?  ...Yes, I do, too.

Actually my original response (up there about Santa and Mt Everest and pushing the envelope) was going to be part of a dumb joke which I realized wasn't going to be very funny or easily understood. So I thought better of it, and only left a portion of my response, which makes even less sense on its own. Carry on. Nothing to see here.

14 hours ago, Anna said:

US post office with Christmas mail,

Which one was this?

13 hours ago, Bible Speaks said:

People can like their own opinions and posts.

They can indeed.......and do extensively. But there is a gentle reminder at Proverbs 27:2......

"Let someone else praise you, and not your own mouth; Others, and not your own lips."

Should the decision go against us, there will be much hand-wringing. We should keep in mind:

(Yikes! On another thread, I am flagged as an abuser and the entire thread is taken down! "Behave, TrueTom!" they said)

Being the Supreme Court, there may be no appeals left. If the decision goes bad on us, our Russian brothers become like the Hebrews 11 Christians, who walked about under duress, 'and the world was not worthy of them.' It happens with good precedent in a world not friendly to Christians. Jesus was not summoned before Pilate to receive a good citizenship plaque, was he?

4 hours ago, JW Insider said:

You think that's funny?  ...Yes, I do, too.

Actually my original response (up there about Santa and Mt Everest and pushing the envelope) was going to be part of a dumb joke which I realized wasn't going to be very funny or easily understood. So I thought better of it, and only left a portion of my response, which makes even less sense on its own. Carry on. Nothing to see here.

Awww you should have! This feed, including "bible speaks" defense rhetoric was getting my funny juices flowing (hence the memes) I probably would have enjoyed it. But you're probably right about the easily understood part. You know I received my first negative like on here? (Oh, I dont have the crying smiley I was going to insert here) And I thought it was a pretty good comment. Perhaps I should have liked it myself. :D:D

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.