The Librarian

• Views 12.5k
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Interesting tidbit I came across today. Did you know that this guy, "Vladimir Lukin" who was for many years the Ombusdman for the Russian Federation and has spoken out many times on behalf o

There was a report (does anyone have it?) that our brothers in Russia have withdrawn all appeals and have instead requested the largest possible courtroom for the April 5th hearing, the 'overflow' cou

When you are writing to the Russians about their proposal to ban Jehovah’s Witnesses, there may be a temptation to speak of legal and constitutional issues, for their recent conduct flies in the face

Posted Images

2 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Should the decision go against us, there will be much hand-wringing. We should keep in mind:

(Yikes! On another thread, I am flagged as an abuser and the entire thread is taken down! "Behave, TrueTom!" they said)

Being the Supreme Court, there may be no appeals left. If the decision goes bad on us, our Russian brothers become like the Hebrews 11 Christians, who walked about under duress, 'and the world was not worthy of them.' It happens with good precedent in a world not friendly to Christians. Jesus was not summoned before Pilate to receive a good citizenship plaque, was he?

I see your point; however Hebrews chapter 11 discusses pre Christian witnesses of Jehovah. 

".........Jesus was not summoned before Pilate to receive a good citizenship plaque, was he?"

Tom, this comment reminded me of an experience that I had, not long after the Memorial campaign began. An older lady, after she took the invitation and the Watchtower, asked me if I knew who killed Jesus, I replied, "Of course I do, it was the first century religious leaders of the Jews" That said her whole demeanor changed and went on to tell me that all her family were very strict Jews and said, that it was the gypsies that instigated the death of Jesus, and something about the "golden key" she went to great pains to tell me not many people knew that.......I think that she may be right on that account ............must be one of the "Brothers Grimm" fairy tales!!!!!.........I guess there is first time for everything??

It reminds me of an ancient Catholic woman I spoke with years ago, furious with me because I had said Jesus was not born on Christmas day. "He was to! At MIDNIGHT!"

57 minutes ago, David Normand said:

I see your point; however Hebrews chapter 11 discusses pre Christian witnesses of Jehovah. 

True

In a number of photos you can see the presence in the room of brother Sanderson from the governing body, along with those responsible for the work in the Russian Federation.

IMG_1286.JPG

IMG_1287.JPG

IMG_1288.JPG

IMG_1289.JPG

http://time.com/4723456/jehovahs-witness-russia-supreme-court/

IMG_1285.PNG

NBC news report on Jehovah's Witnesses letter writing campaign to Russia #stopjwban #jw

IMG_1293.PNG

14 hours ago, Eoin Joyce said:

US post office with Christmas mail,

Here it is. And the caption says "Mail in the USA. All these are letters to Russian officials in defense of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia". Don't worry about the privacy of that person, their Instagram account is public. The sad thing is this person was repeatedly informed that these are not our letters by a large number of the friends in the comments. She deleted all the comments and disabled further commenting. The even sadder thing is I have a feeling she is stubbornly keeping her post there because it has over 1500 likes, (which shows how many were duped) and all her other posts have barely 40, so she must be very proud of it! This picture was shared like wildfire by many others on all the social media as our letters to Russia ...... :S:SqqwCbSQGiII.jpg

• “The Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses wants to heighten attention to this critical situation,” states David A. Semonian, a spokesman at the Witnesses’ world headquarters. “Prosecuting non-violent, law-abiding citizens as if they were terrorists is clearly a misapplication of anti-extremist laws. Such prosecution is based on completely false grounds.”

This is 100% correct, and anyone interested in religious freedom, Jehovah's Witnesses or not, should be interested in what we are doing here. We could probably find people to join us in the campaign who are not even JWs.

I am concerned, though, that there might be a Rutherfordization effort going on here, too. Included in the campaign is the name of a Russian Supreme Court judge. The WTS is aware of the law being broken by attempting to directly sway a judge assigned to a case. For those who don't already know, I'll explain what is meant by Rutherfordization is after the dust settles. (Assuming it settles.)

The institutional credibility gap of such things is ALWAYS more than offset by the institutional gullibility fill.

When education is openly and continuously disparaged, as it has been in the Truth for over 50 years, the Brothers and Sisters lose their critical thinking skills, and every year get more and more ignorant ... and this is the result.

The picture part of the video at our Hall is not working for three weeks, can get only audio sometimes. (Three congregations share the Hall.) That should say something about qualifications. I watched all the videos on Youtube, although I tend to use my own presentation, incorporating some of the pointers only if I am really impressed.

@JW Insider This is 100% correct, and anyone interested in religious freedom, Jehovah's Witnesses or not, should be interested in what we are doing here. We could probably find people to join us in the campaign who are not even JWs.

I agree the WORLD IS WATCHING! I have many concerned following me from churches and Pastors. They will learn who we are and WHO JEHOVAH is! This is Big and other countries may do the same based on what happens here. We know when it's perfect timing Jehovah God will have His Name Proclaimed throughout the earth, the Nations will know I am Jehovah! Then destruction comes. My favorite verses are Psalms chapter 2 where Jehovah says, 

"Why are the nations agitated And the peoples muttering* an empty thing?

The kings of the earth take their stand And high officials gather together*as one Against Jehovah and against his anointed one.

They say: “Let us tear off their shackles And throw off their ropes!”

The One enthroned in the heavens will laugh; Jehovah will scoff at them.

At that time he will speak to them in his anger And terrify them in his burning anger,

Saying: “I myself have installed my king On Zion, my holy mountain.”

Let me proclaim the decree of Jehovah; He said to me: “You are my son; Today I have become your father.

Ask of me, and I will give nations as your inheritance And the ends of the earth as your possession.

You will break them with an iron scepter, And you will smash them like a piece of pottery.”

10 So now, you kings, show insight; Accept correction, you judges of the earth.

11 Serve Jehovah with fear, And rejoice with trembling.

12 Honor the son, or God will become indignant And you will perish from the way, For His anger flares up quickly. Happy are all those taking refuge in Him."

We are living in exciting times! Jehovah will bless His people! His name will be vindicated forever! Keep close to Jehovah! He will never fail His purpose His Kingdom through Christ Jesus will usher in His New Government soon! Thank you, Bible Speaks ???

IMG_1320.PNG

2 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

The institutional credibility gap of such things is ALWAYS more than offset by the institutional gullibility fill.

When education is openly and continuously disparaged, as it has been in the Truth for over 50 years, the Brothers and Sisters lose their critical thinking skills, and every year get more and more ignorant ... and this is the result.

While some of our brothers are not the sharpest tools in the drawer, I doubt this is because of their Witness training. More likely, their Witness training sharpens their skills.

You have only to look at the news media or political world, where highly educated persons routinely reveal  themselves to be dumber than plants. If our people conduct themselves unwisely on the internet, so does everyone else. 

Enemies will always find something to pounce on. if two letters go to the judge, whether they actually stem from our people or not, haters can seize upon those two letters and ignore the 50 million others. It happens all the time in the political world and most other venues.

@TrueTomHarley Pray about it, I will. We have the most miraculous power in the Universe, Jehovah can perform miracles if a donkey can speak and 1 angel can destroy 185,000 in one night! We are in for fireworks ? Remember at the edge of the Red Sea? It seemed hopeless? Jehovah is a mighty warrior and we have never witnessed His power! We will all be amazed and proud of who we are! Pick up the weak and carry them, they maybe complainers but Jehovah knows their heart. Life is a bowl ? of cherries ? with the pits! Let's pray for strength for the Brotherhood and proclaim Jehovah's Name loud and clear. No fear He is near!

?????⚔️???

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.