The Librarian

• Views 12.5k
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Interesting tidbit I came across today. Did you know that this guy, "Vladimir Lukin" who was for many years the Ombusdman for the Russian Federation and has spoken out many times on behalf o

There was a report (does anyone have it?) that our brothers in Russia have withdrawn all appeals and have instead requested the largest possible courtroom for the April 5th hearing, the 'overflow' cou

When you are writing to the Russians about their proposal to ban Jehovah’s Witnesses, there may be a temptation to speak of legal and constitutional issues, for their recent conduct flies in the face

Posted Images

3 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

The institutional credibility gap of such things is ALWAYS more than offset by the institutional gullibility fill.

When education is openly and continuously disparaged, as it has been in the Truth for over 50 years, the Brothers and Sisters lose their critical thinking skills, and every year get more and more ignorant ... and this is the result.

You are right in part about the critical thinking skills, but that is no fault of the organization I feel, I don't think the organization discourages critical thinking, on the contrary. You don't necessarily have to go to college to "get an education", you can educate yourself quite well by being inquisitive and by reading a lot, and that's up to each individual. I believe in these particular instances the gullibility comes from being too trusting of the brothers and wishing these things were true. It's like they are already living in paradise, but in the present world it's more like La La land. It's note worthy though that many people in the world lack critical thinking also. You only have to go and read the comments after some news article and the "logic" is amazing. It's like the whole of mankind is either infantile, or cynical to the extreme, there seems to be no happy medium and  common sense any more.

It would appear that Russia has a couple of other things "on its plate" apart from our Brothers.........

1. REAL extremists, i.e. St Petersburg

2.  I just caught sight of this in a BBC news web page:- Syria chemical 'attack': Russia faces fury at UN Security Council.........Matthew Rycroft, the UK's ambassador to the UN, told the Security Council that Mr Assad had "humiliated" Russia by "making a mockery" of the peace process it had brokered with some rebel groups. "What is your plan?" he asked. "What is your plan to stop these horrific senseless attacks? We had a plan and we had the support and you rejected it to protect Assad." Russia and China have blocked attempts to impose sanctions on Syria........

Reminds me of our recent weekly Bible reading - Jeremiah 6:14 And they try to heal the breakdown of my people lightly, saying, ‘There is peace! There is peace!’ When there is no peace.

Sigh ...

TTH has once again ignored the context of my reply .. and commented about things not in evidence in my post.

It's like trying to find the end of a bare roll of transparent tape with your fingernail.

"... there are three apples in the basket ..."

Reply: " ... wrong!, because baskets are used by evil people to store greasy auto parts ..."

12 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Sigh ...

TTH has once again ignored the context of my reply .. and commented about things not in evidence in my post.

No,no. Overlords have rebuked me. I am nice for now. You, too. Nothing nasty intended.

Sigh ...

I have to give you this ... you are 100% consistent.

Instead of addressing the idea and concept of context, and the issues involved, you wander off to how you have been treated, and apologize for something that did not happen.

Perhaps you could work on those critical thinking skills, as well as reading comprehension skills. 

At the United States Naval Academy, they have a class that is divided in half, and one half tries to write instructions to the other half that absolutely cannot be misinterpreted. The other half of the class deliberately tries to misinterpret the instructions.   It is graded.

Then they switch sides and do the same thing, over and over..  That too is graded.  This is how they learn critical thinking skills.

Information, and a lot of it .. is NOT wisdom.

Information is knowing a tomato is a fruit.

Wisdom is knowing you don't want to put it in a fruit salad.

The Universe grades all of our thinking skills, and it is impartial, and without mercy.

@John Lindsay Barltrop How true! It reminds me of one of my favorite songs, song 149 "A Victory Song" and won't that have a greater significance after Armageddon?

I  am ready for fireworks ? I've been in Truth baptized 48 years. Many prophets and men and women of faith look forward to the promises being fulfilled. Faith is essential! Strong faith will keep us alive and we will help more to "see" Jehovah now before it is too late. Rejoice in Jehovah! Armies of heaven are waiting His command! 

IMG_9983.JPG

asset.gif

12 hours ago, Melinda Mills said:

The picture part of the video at our Hall is not working for three weeks, can get only audio sometimes. (Three congregations share the Hall.) That should say something about qualifications. I watched all the videos on Youtube, although I tend to use my own presentation, incorporating some of the pointers only if I am really impressed.

We share out hall with three other congregations. Several weeks ago one of the other congregations adjusted the sound, and not knowing exactly what they were doing literally blew up one of the overhead speakers. At that point the kingdom hall operating committee decided to have a meeting with all the sound folks from all four congregations to go over protocol with respects to the sound system. Sadly, some brothers learn via hands on training and that is not always the most efficient or best way to learn. 

1 hour ago, David Normand said:

We share out hall with three other congregations. Several weeks ago one of the other congregations adjusted the sound, and not knowing exactly what they were doing literally blew up one of the overhead speakers. At that point the kingdom hall operating committee decided to have a meeting with all the sound folks from all four congregations to go over protocol with respects to the sound system. Sadly, some brothers learn via hands on training and that is not always the most efficient or best way to learn. 

Might be a somewhat similar situation at our Hall too. Thanks for sharing.

11 hours ago, Bible Speaks said:

Jehovah is a mighty warrior and we have never witnessed His power! We will all be amazed and proud of who we are! Pick up the weak and carry them, they maybe complainers but Jehovah knows their heart.

Excellent! Love it!

@Melinda Mills @John Lindsay Barltrop This came to my mind...will do a post with picture I make up.

What will servants of God be expected to do once they come under attack? 

Again, the reaction of God’s typical nation in the days of Jehoshaphat sets the pattern. Note that its citizens were commanded to do three things: (1) take their position, (2) stand still, and(3) see the salvation of Jehovah. How will God’s people today act in harmony with these words?—2 Chronicles 20:17.

What does it mean for Jehovah’s people to take their position?

Take their position: Without wavering, God’s people will continue to hold to their position of active support for God’s Kingdom. They will continue to maintain their position of Christian neutrality. They will be “steadfast, unmovable” in their loyal service to Jehovah and will continue publicly to praise Jehovah for his loving-kindness. (1 Corinthians 15:58; Psalm 118:28, 29) No present or future pressure can shake them from this divinely approved position.

In what respects will Jehovah’s servants stand still?

Stand still: Jehovah’s servants will not try to save themselves but will place their implicit trust in Jehovah. Only he is capable of rescuing his servants out of world chaos, and he has promised to do so. (Isaiah 43:10, 11; 54:15;Lamentations 3:26) Trusting in Jehovah will include trusting the modern visible channel that he has clearly been using for decades to serve his purposes. As never before, true Christians will then need to place their confidence in fellow worshipers authorized by Jehovah and his reigning King to take the lead. These faithful men will direct God’s people. Ignoring their direction could end in disaster.—Matthew 24:45-47; Hebrews 13:7, 17.

Why will God’s faithful servants see the salvation of Jehovah?

See the salvation of Jehovah: Salvation will be the reward for all those who hold to their position of Christian integrity and who trust in Jehovah for deliverance. Until the final hour—and to the extent they can—they will announce the arrival of the day of Jehovah’s judgment. All creation must know that Jehovah is the true God and that he has faithful servants on earth. Never again will there be the need for a prolonged controversy over the rightfulness of Jehovah’s sovereignty.—Ezekiel 33:33; 36:23.

(a) How does the victory song in Exodus chapter 15 reflect the feelings of those who will survive Gog’s attack? (b) What is it appropriate for God’s people to do now?

With renewed energy, God’s people will enter into the new world, eager to sing a victory song, even as did the Israelites of old after their deliverance through the Red Sea. Forever grateful to Jehovah for his protection, individually and collectively, they will echo words of long ago: “Let me sing to Jehovah, for he has become highly exalted. . . . Jehovah is a manly person of war. Jehovah is his name. . . . Your right hand, O Jehovah, can shatter an enemy. And in the abundance of your superiority you can throw down those who rise up against you; you send out your burning anger, it eats them up like stubble. . . . You in your loving-kindness have led the people whom you have recovered; you in your strength will certainly conduct them to your holy abiding place. . . . You will bring them and plant them in the mountain of your inheritance, an established place that you have made ready for you to inhabit, O Jehovah, a sanctuary, O Jehovah, that your hands have established. Jehovah will rule as king to time indefinite, even forever.”—Exodus 15:1-19.

Now with the prospect of everlasting life brighter than ever before, what an opportune time for God’s servants to demonstrate their devotion to Jehovah and to renew their determination to serve him as their everlasting King!—1 Chronicles 29:11-13.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2003404?q=stand+still+and+see&p=par

Thank you Jehovah! You truly keep us blessed and Unified to bear your Name!

???

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.