Queen Esther

• Views 33.3k
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MARCH 21, 2017 RUSSIA, Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia ! Make your participation a matter of prayer.—1 Tim. 2:1-4. Personal letters should be mailed no

Please,   prove  the  EXPRESS  stamps  before  by  your  post - office ! IT  MUST  BE  THERE  LATEST  ON  1. APRIL !!  

The  Letter-Writing Campaign Supporting Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia.... OUR  kids  made  it  very  good   Handwriting  or  nice  drawings  by  younger  ones ! LIA  is  4 years,

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

From Jeremiah 26:7-16:

"And the priests and the prophets and all the people heard Jeremiah speaking these words in the house of Jehovah.

"So when Jeremiah had finished speaking all that Jehovah had commanded him to speak to all the people, then the priests and the prophets and all the people seized him and said: “You will surely die…

"The priests and the prophets said to the princes and to all the people: “This man deserves the death penalty, because he has prophesied against this city just as you have heard with your own ears.”…

"Then the princes and all the people said to the priests and the prophets: “This man does not deserve the death penalty, for he spoke to us in the name of Jehovah our God.”   
……….
It is always this way. The princes have no problem with it. It is the priests and the prophets that oppose religious freedom.
Perhaps it will be that way with Putin, if he can withdraw his head from the lock of the Church.

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

It is always this way. The princes have no problem with it. It is the priests and the prophets that oppose religious freedom.

Good point!  We can use it at meeting this week in the Bible reading under "other spiritual gems".

To follow Christ is now illegal in Russia. The government has given their verdict. Surely it has been played out as at Acts 26:26: ‘this thing has not been done in a corner.’ It has been played out so that all know and can take a stand.

It is Jesus at John 15:20: ‘Keep in mind the word I said to you: A slave is not greater than his master. If they have persecuted me, they will persecute you.”

It is the Acts 28:22 words applied to first century Christians: ‘truly as regards this sect, we know that it is spoken against everywhere.’

Who else, other than Jehovah’s Witnesses, could these words conceivably apply to today?

@TrueTomHarley..............how hypercritical is that..........perhaps the court should have gone to the Russian Orthodox church in Moscow and seen the vainglorious display of the "easter" service........I only watched a minute or two of this "over two hour" farce..............the words of Jesus at Matthew Chapter 15 come to mind: Matthew 15:8-11 8 ‘This people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 9 It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, for they teach commands of men as doctrines.’” 10 With that he called the crowd near and said to them: “Listen and get the sense of it: 11 It is not what enters into a man’s mouth that defiles him, but it is what comes out of his mouth that defiles him.” 

Therefore "To follow Christ is now illegal in Russia" unless you are a practicer of Russian Orthodoxy.........that is "the jewel in the crown" of hypocrisy..........or perhaps I should have said "ONE of the jewels" as there are many more..........again, the words of Jesus come to mind, this time in Matthew Chapter 7:  Matthew 7:21-23 21 “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.