James Thomas Rook Jr.

Why doesn't the Society translate and provide the Russian Court Transcripts for us?

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

James Thomas Rook Jr. -
Josué2 -

Top Posters

24 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

yeah, not the same. I put ? by mistake. Thanks. Will delete sign ? :))

Don't mean to confuse the issue; I was agreeing with you that the NIV translation was different than the NWT...you said,

compare with this translation; "For the wages of sin is death, NIV) not the same? :) 

Witness,

You just answer what you feel like answering - and it is the same old same........you do not seem to fathom that the first resurrection gives one a heavenly body (flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom) and immortality.... to come back to earth in 'flesh' to rule or have a materialized body ????? for thousand years ....... and then go back to heaven when the job is completed?  I have not seen any scriptures to that effect -  and I seem to think you have not read the scriptures where it discusses the kinds of heavenly bodies they will receive. 

Your sense of reality is not what it should be.... sorry to have to tell you this.... 

What does immortality mean?   And by the way you did not answer my last question I sent you before....... It is a test......  because I do not think you can answer it....  Short and sweet answers my dear.....   

I am not willing to argue with you any more - I think you are fake! and I hope others on this page are not taken in by your teachings.

21 hours ago, Arauna said:

Witness,

You just answer what you feel like answering - and it is the same old same........you do not seem to fathom that the first resurrection gives one a heavenly body (flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom) and immortality.... to come back to earth in 'flesh' to rule or have a materialized body ????? for thousand years ....... and then go back to heaven when the job is completed?  I have not seen any scriptures to that effect -  and I seem to think you have not read the scriptures where it discusses the kinds of heavenly bodies they will receive. 

Your sense of reality is not what it should be.... sorry to have to tell you this.... 

What does immortality mean?   And by the way you did not answer my last question I sent you before....... It is a test......  because I do not think you can answer it....  Short and sweet answers my dear.....   

I am not willing to argue with you any more - I think you are fake! and I hope others on this page are not taken in by your teachings.

As I said before with scriptural proof, the thousand year reign of Christ is finished.  Correction, I gave you scriptural proof that the thousand years began when Jesus ascended into heaven.  I have only mentioned briefly why it is now over.  

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has passed away, and see, the new has come!”   2 Cor 5:17  Gal 6:15

A “new creation” of both human and angel.

“sown a natural body, raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.  So it is written, The first man Adam became a living being; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit.  However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, then the spiritual.  The first man was from the earth, a man of dust; the second man is from heaven. Like the man of dust, so are those who are of the dust; like the man of heaven, so are those who are of heaven. And just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we will also bear the image of the man of heaven.”  1 Cor 15:44-49

“Don't you yourselves know that you are God's temple and that the Spirit of God lives in you?” 1 Cor 3:16

The 144,000 are the Bride of Christ/Temple/Holy City – which comes down from heaven.

Now, if the Bride is in Christ and Christ is in God through Holy Spirit, (John 17:22) and the “Holy City” is God’s Temple, how is the “Holy City” going to come down from heaven without the Bride and Christ?  It isn’t a literal building, but is the Holy Spirit within the new creation/Temple.  How will God “dwell” among mankind if not through his Temple?  Rev 3:12

“Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.  And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.     Rev 21:2,3

Can you see it?  Can you see this ‘mobile’ Temple in the sealed anointed ones?  

“For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s fieldyou are God’s building.”  1 Cor 3:9

“And have made us kings and priests to our God; And we shall reign on the earth.”  Rev 5:0

“Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight.  And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.”  Acts 1:9-11

“Now Jacob went out from Beersheba and went toward Haran. 11 So he came to a certain place and stayed there all night, because the sun had set. And he took one of the stones of that place and put it at his head, and he lay down in that place to sleep. 12 Then he dreamed, and behold, a ladder was set up on the earth, and its top reached to heaven; and there the angels of God were ascending and descending on it.  Gen 28:10-12

“And He said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, hereafter you shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man.”  John 1:51

There is no descending in heaven, is there?  Where would Jesus be descending to with his angels/messengers (Mal 2:7), if not to earth?

Jesus received two “births”, one of flesh, one from God.  So, too, do those within his Body.  John 3:6; Col 2:9  He is the Son of Man, and the Son of God. Matt 12:8; Mark 8:29; 9:7

Jesus inherits the earth; he shares it firstly, with the “firstborn” and then the rest of God’s children. Gen 28:12-14; Ps 37:11,29  If the earth is Christ’s inheritance, should he not be allowed to enjoy it and walk among what he created with God?

"Heaven must receive him until the time of the restoration of all things, which God spoke about through his holy prophets from the beginning.”  Acts 3:21

“Again, when he brings his firstborn into the world, he says, And let all God's angels worship him.”  Heb 1:6

I DID NOT MEAN TO "LIKE" MY OWN POST!!!  HOW DO I REMOVE IT?

Since I get Librarian's hint, I'll just edit the existing one.

@Arauna  Revelation is full of symbolism – the “thousand years” are also symbolic.  It is a time of each anointed one within their lifetime successfully conquering Satan.  Rev 2:26,27  It ends with the outbreak of Armageddon and Satan’s total destruction.  During Satan’s final test, they must submit to Christ’s offer to redeem from sin.  Rev 13:7,10; 3:18 

For those faithful “with a little” during their lifetime, they inherit God’s Kingdom.  Matt 5;20,21; Luke 19:17; Rev 5:10; Dan 7:27

There is only one Great Day of God the Almighty.  Rom 9:28; 1 Cor 15:24-28

You said, What is a spiritual body and when does it get immortality?  

Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom, as you say.  But, the faithful anointed become the “imperishable seed” through the anointing, while still on the earth.

“because you have been born again—not of perishable seed but of imperishable—through the living and enduring word of God.”  1 Pet 1:23  (James 1:18)

Even in the flesh, if they remain in Christ, they are no longer the perishable seed; they have been given the promise of eternal life. "Perishable" is the result of harboring sin in their heart.  Death has no hold on those who reject sin. But, their faithfulness in resisting sin must continue throughout their entire life, otherwise they lose the given spirit of eternal life.  Rom 12:6; James 2:17,14,16

“For this corruptible body must be clothed with incorruptibility, and this mortal body must be clothed with immortality.   When this corruptible body is clothed with incorruptibility, and this mortal body is clothed with immortality, then the saying that is written will take place:

Death has been swallowed up in victory.
 Where, death, is your victory?
Where, death, is your sting?  1 Cor 15:53-55

The “mystery” of the new creation is both human without corruptibility, and spirit/ immortality – “We will not all fall asleep, but we will all be changed,  in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet.”  1 Cor 15:51

Not only are the anointed faced with conquering death through sin, but also those who by putting their unwavering faith in Christ, receive the second resurrection. Their relationship with God must be formatted according to his will, which includes recognizing his arrangement of the priesthood.  2 Cor 5:20; Matt 10:42; Mark 9:37; John 7:17; 1 Tim 4:6

First of all - there are physical bodies and spiritual bodies.

If angels had physical bodies they would disintegrate if they moved at the speed of light - hence they have bodies which are different to ours for the dimensions they move in - spiritual bodies.  

What is a spiritual body and when does it get immortality?  ... and what is immortality.....still no answer from you.   I agree with you on this only - which I think you were trying to say.... is that we have fleshly bodies but we no longer live for fleshly desires.

However, once immortality is obtained and a spiritual body - the person can no longer live on earth.  Similar to Christ (who said that his fleshly body was prepared for him by Jehovah to offer up in sacrifice on earth - he cannot take his earthly sacrifice back) these people have completed their course on earth and have given up future prospects of living on earth with family.

They have a different job to do and at the end of the thousand years when they have completed bringing the earth back to its original purpose.....they will receive some other task - no doubt.  I see NO signs of the earth being restored do you?  In actual fact the earth is being ruined - as predicted.....You say Jesus has already ruled for 1000 years??????

There is just too much in what you said which does not make sense (the  way the GB put it out there is  logic)  and I would love to challenge it but thankfully I really do not have time to waste on such a tedious endeavor.... and it does not accomplish anything, except frustration.

I think for now - that taco is about as much as I can get my head around.....   No, I think I will have some milk tart - a traditional sweet tart.

• Similar Content

• Guest Indiana
      By Guest Indiana
      Question:  Why did Jehovah’s Witnesses  recently organize a worldwide letter writing campaign due to the persecution in Russia and not for other countries where there is also persecution?
    • By The Librarian
      An older instructional video a brother made to help others out.
    • Guest Indiana
      By Guest Indiana
      I read this question at another site, it is interesting to me since as far as I know in Spanish we don't use that phrase: 

JWs don't say, "I am a Jehovah's Witness."
      Instead, they say, "I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses."
      What does the second way of saying it convey that the first does not?
      In other words, why does the organization prefer the second formulation?
      This isn't a teaser.
      I really don't know the answer.

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Is not that equivalent to boast about the "many" hours you dedicate preaching about God over others who have not the same agenda?

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      What should I gift a new born of Jehovah's Witnesses?
    • By She
      How can I get comments for watchtower study’s  pictures ?
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Are Jehovah's Witnesses allowed to vote?
    • By James Thomas Rook Jr.
      From the Newspaper the “San Diego Reader” - October 12, 2017
      Jehovah's Witnesses look in other direction
      Lawyers for religious group argue against daily fines in sex-abuse case
      By Dorian Hargrove, Oct. 12, 2017

Attorneys for the Jehovah's Witness church appeared before a state appellate court yesterday (October 11) in hopes of overturning the $4000 daily sanctions that a trial court ordered them to pay for refusing to turn over documents in one of two sex-abuse cases.

Osbaldo Padron, a former parishioner of the Linda Vista Jehovah's Witness congregation, filed his lawsuit against the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, JehovahÂ’s WitnessesÂ’ governing body, in 2013. Padron was one of seven people who sued the kingdom over sexual abuse they suffered by a former church elder, Gonzalo Campos.
      As detailed in an August 30 Reader article, Campos admitted to molesting seven children from 1982 to 1999. Despite his admission, church elders agreed to let Campos rejoin the congregation after a four-year expulsion.

In a 1999 letter, Linda Vista church elder Eduardo Chavez argued for reinstating Campos. He wrote, “In our meeting with him he said he was very repentant for what he did. He stated that he wanted to return to Jehovah. He is willing to face the victims and ask their forgiveness. He now wants to obey Jehovah. Before, when he would speak to people on the platform he would not meditate on what he was doing. Although he needed to confess, he felt shameful and had fear of mankind. He would deceive himself thinking that he could continue serving as an elder. Now he realized that he could not change without help. Ever since his expulsion he has not abused anyone."

In 2010, five victims sued the Watchtower for allowing Campos to serve as an elder despite having knowledge that he molested several children in the congregation. Watchtower settled that case in 2012. The terms of the settlement as well as the evidence against the Watchtower were sealed.

Two more victims, Padron and José Lopez, followed suit.

In 2013, San Diego Superior Court judge Joan Lewis ordered Watchtower to pay $13.5 million for repeatedly refusing to turn over documents that showed the church was aware of sexual abuse and did nothing to stop it.

Attorneys for the Watchtower filed an appeal. They argued that Judge Lewis had acted too soon in issuing the $13.5 million in sanctions and instead the trial court should have imposed less severe sanctions. The appellate court agreed.

In their ruling, the justices wrote, "We conclude the court erred in ordering terminating sanctions because there was no evidence that lesser sanctions would have failed to obtain Watchtower's compliance with the document production order and because there were other possible sanctions that could have effectively remedied the discovery violation. On remand, the court has broad discretion to start with a different sanction that does not wholly eliminate Watchtower's right to a trial."

Then, last year in the Padron case, a different superior court judge, Richard Strauss, followed the appellate court's advice and instead of issuing terminating sanctions imposed $4000 daily sanctions on the Watchtower for refusing to turn over the documents that Padron's attorneys had requested.
      Again, Watchtower's attorneys filed an appeal.

On October 11, those attorneys appeared before the Fourth District Appellate Court to argue that the trial court was wrong to issue daily sanctions — exactly what they had argued for in the appellate court Lopez case just months prior.

Justice Richard Huffman did not hide his displeasure that Watchtower's attorneys were arguing against what they had previously supported to the same court.
      "You can't have it both ways," Huffman said during argument. "[The Lopez] ruling has come around to bite you and now you're saying, 'not fair, not fair.' You were headed in one direction before and now youÂ’re headed another way. It's a breathtaking position to listen to."
      The appellate court has 90 days to issue its formal ruling."
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Our donations are being used to OBSTRUCT JUSTICE !

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Are JWs   allowed to get this treatment? 
      "Platelet-rich plasma (PRP), also known as autologous conditioned plasma, is a concentrate of platelet-rich plasma protein derived from whole blood, centrifuged to remove red blood cells."
      For example to reduce wrinkles on the face

WHY DO MEN HAVE NIPPLES?
      uH .. OR IS IT "NIPPELS"?
      Do Unicorns Actually Eat Rainbows And Poop Butterflies ?
      The Russian's major newspaper is "PRAVDA", which means in English "Truth", and most everything reported about the leadership and communist organizations that run the country is GOOD NEWS!    It is "FAKE NEWS", of course, as what is NOT stated is as important as what IS stated.
      The Russian News agency TASS, as well as The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society BOTH have heavily agendized news reporting ... that is to say ... they ONLY report news that puts them in a good light. 
      Neither will admit they "screwed up", neither ever apologizes for ANYTHING, and that's the way it is April 13, 2017.  "Reality 101".
      Go to JW.ORG, and read what the news is from Russia concerning Jehovah's Witnesses, for April 12, 2017 ... and then read the following from the TASS Russian News Agency.   You would think they are TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT COURT CASES.
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jehovah’s Witnesses former members tell court they were subjected to ‘total control’

TASS NEWS AGENCY – MOSCOW – APRIL 12, 2017

World
      April 12, 19:53 UTC+3
      In its lawsuit to outlaw the Jehovah’s Witnesses, the Justice Ministry pointed to various violations in the organization’s activities revealed during a surprise inspection
      MOSCOW, April 12. /TASS/. Russia’s Supreme Court has heard the testimony of four former members of the Jehovah’s Witnesses who said they had been subjected to ‘total control’ in that religious organization, with no possibility to receive higher education or start a family, TASS reports from the courtroom.
      Specifically, witness Natalia Koretskaya from St. Petersburg told the court she had been a member of that organization from 1995 to 2009 and had realized over this period that the organization’s members "were living under full and total control of the [Jehovah’s Witnesses] Administrative Center."
      "The heads of the Jehovah’s Witnesses formally watch canonical compliance with the norms but in real fact the talk is about total control of an individual’s personal life - his intimate life, education and work," witness Koretskaya said.

In response to the court’s request to give the facts of such control, Koretskaya said she had been expelled from the religious organization and its members had been banned to communicate with her after she had started close but officially unregistered relationship with a man.

"Therefore, a person turns out to be expelled into the outer world, in which he has already forgotten how to live over the years of his stay in the organization," Koretskaya said.

The Justice Ministry’s second witness, Pavel Zverev, told the court he had become a member of the Jehovah’s Witnesses at the age of 16 and had not received higher education on persuasion of the organization’s heads.
      "It is accepted in the organization that receiving higher education is useless if this is not in the organization’s interests. As a result of such persuasion, I remained without education and I’m suffering from that in my life," said Zverev who had worked as a volunteer for two years in the organization’s Administrative Center in the capacity of a cook.

The other two witnesses also said they had suffered from the religious organization’s excessive control of their private life and from the ban to communicate with its other members after quitting it, as well as from depression and alcoholism.

Thus, witness Nina Petrova from Volgograd said that on persuasion of her spiritual mentors she did not marry and did not start a family. "They convinced me that a family was not needed as the doomsday was close at hand. And when I realized that this was a delusion, it was late," Petrova said, adding that she had stayed in the organization for 28 years.

For their part, representatives of the Jehovah’s Witnesses said the witnesses had been prepared in advance for their testimony in the court.
      "We see that the witnesses are giving testimony based on written materials, repeating the arguments of the so-called sectological literature. Some of them are mentioned in public sources as activists of the movements that are struggling with the Jehovah’s Witnesses," a lawyer for the defendants said.
      At its next hearing on April 19, the court is expected to study the written materials of the case and may hear the parties’ oral statements.
      Essence of the lawsuit
      In its lawsuit to outlaw the Jehovah’s Witnesses, the Justice Ministry pointed to various violations in the organization’s activities revealed during a surprise inspection, including breaches of the Law on Counteracting Extremist Activities. The ministry has asked to recognize the organization and its 395 local branches as extremists, ban their activity and seize property.

For its part, the organization’s press service told TASS that they were alarmed by the decision, since it could affect 175,000 active believers. The Jehovah’s Witnesses spokesman Ivan Bilenko said the organization was prepared to press for its rights in any courts.
      The Jehovah’s Witnesses is an international religious organization that supports offbeat views on the essence of the Christian faith and provides special interpretations of many commonly accepted notions. In Russia, it had 21 local organizations but three of them were eliminated for extremism.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, do your homework ... compare the two accounts ... the April 12 account from JW.ORG's Russia reporting, and THIS one ... and know why to get to the truth of ANYTHING ... you have to read EVERYTHING.
      If you self-censor your information, you might as well do it with a bullet to the brain.

If we discover Extraterrestrial sentient life forms, can they be baptized?
      This continuous, never-ending global controversy has been going on since the 1960's, that I am aware of personally, and even before, when Judge Rutherford PERSONALLY forbade beards among Jehovah's witnesses, with the possible exception of post-menopausel Sisters .... and the Society has never definitively stated ANYTHING. 
      With my usual lack of humor I present the Draft Copy of the December 2016 issue of the Watchtower which showed a Brother shaving on the cover ... it was changed before being distributed, because the Brothers responsible for the VERY GOOD and accurate article ... disappeared mysteriously.
      After you save the file to your hard drive, from the TOOL BAR, be sure to set your ADOBE PDF reader under VIEW to "Reading Mode" and under ZOOM,  "Fit Page" to read it.
      Dec 2016 Watchtower draft article .pdf

• By Jack Ryan
      SAN DIEGO (CN) — The national Jehovah's Witnesses organization must produce any documents in its possession relating to perpetrators of child sexual abuse, a California appeals court ruled.
           Jose Lopez sued Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York and the Linda Vista Spanish Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses in June of 2012 for the sexual abuse he allegedly suffered when he was seven years old at the hands of his Bible instructor Gonzales Campos.
           In 1986, Lopez's mother allowed Campos to give her son bible study lessons after an elder from her congregation recommended him because he was "good very good with children."
           According to the complaint, after Campos had given Lopez several lessons, he sexually molested him.
           The abuse was reported to an elder of the church after Lopez told his mother, but nothing was done after the elders spoke to Lopez about where he was touched.
           This was not the first time there had been allegations Campos had sexually abused young boys.
           Another boy from the same congregation accused Campos of sexually molesting him four years earlier.
           Campos admitted to acting inappropriately, but the elders continued to allow him to be around children, and even continued to recommend him as a Bible instructor.
           Lopez and his mother left the congregation shortly after the alleged abuse, but Campos continued to rise within the congregation over the next several years, eventually serving as an elder and being placed on the congregation's governing service committee.
           Yet, according to the Lopez's complaint, between 1982 and 1995, Campos sexually abused at least eight other children.
           Neither Watchtower nor the congregation ever reported the incidents to law enforcement officers, the complaint said.
           With more than 1.2 million members and 13,777 congregations across the United States, the Jehovah's Witness religion's practices, policies and administrative duties were supervised by Watchtower during the relevant time period, including congregation elders who served as its agents.
           Watchtower challenged two discovery orders -- one requesting the church produce documents concerning the sexual abuse of other victims; the other seeking to compel the disposition of an individual believed to be the managing agent of Watchtower at the time.
           The organization also requested that an order, compelling it to pay nearly $38,000 in monetary sanctions, be terminated.
           In addition to rejecting claims the document request was overly broad and violated attorney-client privilege, a three-judge panel with California's Fourth Appellate District also found that, although unusual, the 27-year post-incident request "is partly a function of the permissive limitations statutes governing child sexual abuse under which Lopez was seeking to recover for an alleged wrongful act committed almost three decades earlier."
           Watchtower's claim that the document request was overly oppressive because it would take years to comply was also rejected by the panel, which pointed out the church's computer system had a search function that could easily identify information within the scanned documents.
           The panel also shot down Watchtower's First Amendment objection by citing relevant cases, including a decade old case in which the court held it did not violate constitutional religious freedom when an archdiocese was order to product documents about priests who were indicted for sexually abusing children.
           While the three-judge panel upheld the discovery order, it found the disposition order was not supportable because there was no evidence that the named individual was a managing agent at the time Lopez was abused.
           Judge Judith Haller, writing for panel, concluded the ruling by finding the sanctions order needed to be vacated. "There was no question Watchtower willfully failed to comply with the document production order." Judge Haller wrote. "The fundamental flaw with the court's approach is there is no basis in the record showing the court could not have obtained Watchtowers' compliance with lesser sanctions."
      D066388.pdf
      http://www.courthousenews.com/2016/04/18/witnesses-must-produce-child-sex-abuse-docs.htm
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Returns
    Newest Member
    Returns

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.