The World News Media

Is Easter Really a Christian Celebration? ??

Bible Speaks

• Views 8.6k
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have no interest in celebrating Easter, and it's obvious that the rabbit and egg fertility symbols are completely out of place. I'm glad that the Watchtower points these things out. But there does c

Constantine was not an emperor in the 3rd century.

@JW Insider   J O K E R...... 

Posted Images

If you look at the address “1879” at the top ( year built?), that’s not sharp, either. Solid colors make it appear sharper. If you don’t care, I don’t care. Merely a matter of observation about something about which I have no vested interests.

That sounds like an explanation that most closely fits the facts. When they archive stuff, they probably bump the resolution down to 125 by 160 or something.

I like razor-sharp pictures so when I start running out of space, I start typing in all lowercase letters, to save disk space.

On 4/11/2017 at 7:10 AM, John Lindsay Barltrop said:

@JW Insider "Constantine was not an emperor in the 3rd century

I guess when you make so many posts, as Bible Speaks does, it is probably easy to make a slip...........Constantine started his reign in 324 CE, easy to say 3rd Century, when you look at 324, rather than the 4th Century.......... Constantine the Great became the first "Christian" Roman Emperor, the "state cult" changed to "Christianity," (Inverted comas mine). Now, oddly enough, the first "Christian" emperors all still retained the title of Pontifex Maximus (a traditional title for Emperors) which, under imperial law (though not Church law), actually made them the "Head of the Church" ! It was by this authority, for example, that Constantine called the Council of Nicaea (325 AD) to settle the Arian controversy (Wikipedia)..............and of course Constantine adopted the views of Athanasius rather than those of Arius...........Athanasian Creed.......trinity doctrine.......and of course many other false doctrines associated with and still held by christendom today.

just my thoughts..........and a"little" more on Constantine

Yeah, he should have taken the red pill.

Esteemed scholars and sagacious beings, including Cartoon Canines and CGI Cats ….. gather 'round as we delve into the veritable labyrinth of epistemological wonderment!

In contemplating the nature of truth and the vast expanse of subjective experience, a PROPOSITION emerges, resplendent in its audacity—namely, that every individual's opinion, irrespective of its content, bears an inherent validity that warrants our unwavering reverence.

Behold, the richness of the human condition! Amidst the tapestry of diverse perspectives, each one, a unique facet of the intellectual cosmos, imparts unto us a glimpse into the boundless realm of possibility.

For in the realm of cognition, where knowledge intertwines with perception, the emergence of truth assumes multifarious shades, akin to a kaleidoscope of intellectual brilliance.

As we navigate this intellectual expedition, we encounter the paradoxical symphony of competing viewpoints, intertwining like the cosmic dance of binary stars.

While conventional wisdom may dictate the existence of objective truth, we find solace in the inherent subjectivity of human consciousness.

It is within this realm of subjectivity that the seeds of personal truth are sown, sprouting forth like wildflowers in the fertile soil of individual introspection.

Moreover, let us not forget the art of linguistic expression! Language, that formidable tapestry of symbols, imbues our opinions with a richness that transcends mere conveyance.

Each thought, ensconced within the intricate web of lexicons, becomes a prism refracting the light of meaning. As such, within this marvelous linguistic kaleidoscope, the veracity of every opinion becomes a vibrant spectrum of authenticity.

Gentle minds, let us not dismiss the notion that in the realm of intellectual discourse, our perceptions, influenced by myriad factors such as cultural upbringing, personal experiences, and cognitive biases, shape the contours of our truth.

Thus, as we strive to comprehend the unfathomable depths of existence, it becomes apparent that to deny the legitimacy of any opinion would be tantamount to obfuscating the fundamental essence of human thought.

Therefore, in our noble pursuit of enlightenment, let us embrace the extraordinary tapestry of human consciousness, wherein every opinion, no matter its absurdity or incongruity, bequeaths upon us a morsel of wisdom, and thus, contributes to the vibrant mosaic of collective knowledge. For it is within the interplay of diverse perspectives that the grand tapestry of truth is woven, its intricacies unfolding before our awe-stricken intellects.

Thus, I submit, with the utmost aplomb, that within the boundless domain of human cognition, every opinion, without exception, assumes the sanctity of inherent rightness.

May this PROPOSITION inspire us to engage in fruitful dialogues, fostering a milieu of intellectual growth and unfettered exploration. Let us raise our voices, dear scholars, and rejoice in the splendorous notion that within the realm of ideas, all opinions are forever right!

…. brought to you by PUDGYCOIN ! … the only digital currency in the ten pound box!

3 hours ago, Fausto Hoover said:

Furthermore, the interpretation of texts and other primary sources can also vary depending on the person interpreting them. It is crucial to bear in mind that nothing in previous events can be considered definite, and a diversity of standpoints and explanations are expected to coexist.

E0814381-5003-438D-8A0F-FE3F75CEB2C2.jpeg

57 minutes ago, Fausto Hoover said:

I believe that to claim someone is wrong while being wrong themselves is a situation that can be described more concisely. What could a canine possibly understand?

Is this another MightyMouse moment? In the eyes of scholars, such an opinion would be considered insignificant.

4575FE53-517A-4C00-85A4-0E09DBC5E419.png

This is Great Stuff! The fact you say that in all dead seriousness is incredibly funny!

ESPECIALLY since I don’t even care if “scholars” even HAVE eyes!

The Holiday is Pagan, end of story.

You do not have to be religious, and or a man of God, or of any faith community, such as JWs, to realize this.

Those who deem it otherwise, simply want to add to the Church, not realizing what they are doing is unwise, and those who know and do this willingly, even making excuses to partake, well, the White Throne is waiting for them - Revelation 20:11-15.

That being said, you are either for God and his Christ or the World and it's God. There is no middle ground. Do what you can to remain on the correct side.

All you have said can be used to have turned the Nazis into gentle vegetarians to love people, puppies, and sappy movies about Bambi.

Except for the fact that that’s not what they WANT to do.

If chickens had lips they might more effectively convey their needs, desires, dreams and aspirations.

They don’t.

Those that celebrate Easter consider their customs and traditions perfectly acceptable and LIKE it that way. If you explained to them with perfect reason, logic, and impeccable references, with color photos with notes, circles, and arrows on the back, the only reaction would be a blank stare.

C693ECB4-F972-4EC9-9907-4B9BCA2BEF8A.jpeg

C0C6CE16-B5C4-4F6E-9036-11CC867EF6DF.jpeg

8EB12838-E689-4A4E-80D9-F39614B812BD.jpeg

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.