The World News Media

Putin Signs Law Allowing Russian Court To Overthrow International Human Rights Rulings

Bible Speaks

• Views 3.6k
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Arauna Wow the pace is picking up! We know what's coming! Jehovah's Name will be known. We must keep close to Him. Meetings essential, prayer day and night and study! I gave up most TV ? waste of my

Many of us carry severe pain or baggage but we cannot blame Jehovah when people do bad things. It is the people who are acting on their own desires like Satan originally did.  Unfortunately these bad

@INTREPID TRAVELLER We must watch, perhaps it means the United Nations will take over. They are all puppets in Jehovah's hand. Yes as Christians of the true God Jehovah we rely and have faith in Him.

Posted Images

Is current International Law the most sovereign body of law *?

Are all the nations of the world in the Power of the Wicked one?

What validates one set of laws over another ?

Note that I am asking questions for simple non-contentious answers.

* If in a future point in time International Law validates something which violates current international law what then ?

Sometimes as Christians one may just have to suck up the "punishment" / "persecution" and rely on God/

Russia has ignored previous rulings by the EU court on its human rights.  Yes, each country starting to do as they please in total independence of each other and from god.  This is not a recipe for world peace even as some make loving overtures to each other or posture with others.  Things are going to get more interesting and I agree, we are entering a time of regression regarding human rights.  Going back to the time when people acted like barbarians.  The human condition is really sick and so-called advancement in advanced philosophy and human rights did not last long. Jehovah's people will just have to suck up the injustices against them.  The world will become more wicked and in comparison to them - we will really shine like a bright light - even though we are so very imperfect.

Satan has been ruling all along but somehow the goodness of some peoples and a measure of Christian principles had kept the total wickedness at bay.  Now with advancing secularism, spiritism, diabolic ideologies and other philosophies that is replacing Christian values, the world is really becoming evil.

Many of us carry severe pain or baggage but we cannot blame Jehovah when people do bad things. It is the people who are acting on their own desires like Satan originally did.  Unfortunately these bad deeds go right to the core of our trusting others and can damage us spiritually and mentally - so that it is almost too hard to heal. The pain makes it so hard that we want to hit back at someone - and then turn against the organization or Jehovah.  We may even think we are not good enough to serve Jehovah!

The organization - the people are not perfect. They do make unintentional mistakes because of imperfect attitudes. The only thing they are doing perfectly is the management of the preaching work - which was the commission which they received from Jehovah. Jehovah is providing the rest of the support - the spiritual insight at the right time.

People who expect perfection are really unrealistic.  Jehovah has always used imperfect people - think of David.  But he also cared for David because David always returned to Jehovah.

If one becomes bitter or disappointed, to then only focus on that one evil apple in a sea of people who are trying hard to stick to Jehovah and prove their loyalty, we lose sight of the blessings and insight we have received from Jehovah.

Jehovah really supports those who have suffered but we should always pour our hearts out to him - then he can give us aid.  In future Jehovah will compensate us perfectly for the sufferings.   We will never again think back on the things that happened before.  Persons who do not show repentance for the secret things they did which are incompatible with Jehovah's principles will be spat out first.  Jehovah will come to inspect the congregation first!

We cannot be hypocritical and think we can get a way with it.... all secrets will be revealed.

The organization is really managing a world-wide organization and every country has it own laws and cultures.  They are actually doing a good job if one ponders on all the aspects of the issues they have to manage. Have all local organizations understood the instructions and have they got beyond some of the cultural barriers to perfect justice? - most probably not.  Have their been inconsistencies - I definitely expect so.

When the organization gives guidelines - there are always those people who love rules and they will be the first to turn a guideline into a rule. There are those who grew up in a harsh environment and must learn to be more gentle.  Then there are those who have never had any respect for authority in any form.  They find it hard to conform to a simple request ...... and all these various kinds of people have to put on the new personality.  But unfortunately this does not happen in a day!

No wonder the Bible says we have to put up with one another if we have a reason to complain.  So I can only admire those who are still in the congregation, who have gone through some bad experience and have learnt to deal with it and despite left-over pains - have remained faithful to Jehovah and not blamed him for the injustice perpetrated against them.

Humans are humans and many can turn bad after being good.... this is a reality that we must always remember.  Even some of the anointed are being lost because they are not remaining faithful - and they are being replaced.

@Arauna Thank you for your thoughts! We are so glad that Jehovah reads hearts. It isn't Jehovah that causes our problems, it's either weak faith or not accepting counsel if we do make a mistake. It always reminded me of how Jehovah felt when the nation of Israelites pained him in the desert and how many times did he "beg them" "come back,come back." One of my close friends left Jehovah for rebelliousness. Sad, he was an elder and pioneer many years. Perhaps he will change his attitude before it's too late. We must just move on, love those that love us and Jehovah. It will take great faith to go through these times as they get worse. It will much lighter as we listen, obey to be Blessed! Thank Jehovah I am alive! May Jehovah protect the Brotherhood worldwide. You can feel their stress. They just need encouragement and love for now. Jehovah will bless all their efforts. We will see many things, may we keep strong alert and focused on God's Kingdom. ?????????

I thank Jehovah that he has allowed me to reach the age I have and somehow, with a lot of issues, I managed to stick to Jehovah (there was a short time I also lost my faith) because now I can look back with more mature eyes and see society and life for what it really is and how we JWs fit into it. The mistakes/sins of others and how it can affect our spiritual lives.

I have also at times been disappointed by others (lost one of my friends whom I loved like a son, and my own fleshly brother who is 21 years younger than me and like a child to me, who is the gentlest soul, to apostasy).  It hurts and it does not go away.

Putting my life in Jehovah's hands and giving generously of myself to others has helped me to cope with all the upheavals. Changing congregations and countries like I have is a major change but somehow I am managing and yes the spiritual blessings - the floodgates have opened up - in a field that is hard, I find people to talk with every day... and it keeps me going.  Is everything perfect? No it never can be in this life! but I find joy in learning about Jehovah (new little things that stimulate me) and  joy in appreciating other people - warts and all.  Jehovah always provides at least one reliable soul who can support you.  I also find a lot of comfort in helping the elderly and the weak.  When I bless others I feel blessed.

You are so right about kind people (even those in the world) and in the congregation.  Everyone is so hard pressed in the critical conditions - they just need a little bit of TLC and unconditional acceptance!  In stead of a critical attitude we should be loving and kind and spread it around because so many need a little piece of it - and it is contagious.... a good laugh is also contagious... we all need it.

Thanks for the little articles - I read many of them.

How long we have until the end - we do not know - but the clouds are gathering for the storm. May all of us make it.  Pray for our brothers who are in countries where they are not even allowed to talk to others.

Yesterday, at the Arabic meeting, a brother from one of these countries visited us.  He told me they are NOT allowed to talk to Muslims at all but in this major city there are 22 congregations.  They discreetly preach - how much we should value our freedom to preach while we still have it! 

I always feel that we should talk to as many as possible.  If they have the right heart condition - they will find us again.  All need the warning - a witness.  I feel that the number of studies one has is not an indication of the impact one is having in the neighborhood.  I like to know that when they see us walking they must know ..... "Ah, there goes those nice people who are different to everyone else.....and they teach the bible"

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.