Nicole

Why You Should Try Decluttering Your To-Do List

27-to-do-list.w710.h473.2x.jpg

Photo: Valeriy Tretyakov/Getty Images

Isn’t it annoying when the things that are supposed to help you out end up leaving you worse off? Like eating vegetables that make you gassy. Or waking up from a nap feeling even groggier than when you laid down. Or attempting to organize your life with an ever-growing to-do list, then stressing out at the sheer number of things you need to accomplish.

For that last one, at least, there’s a deceptively simple solution. As Stephanie Lee recently wrote in Lifehacker, the easiest way to cut down on to-do-list-induced stress is to go right to the source: Just cut the list. Specifically, try to look at each day’s tasks with one prompt in mind: “If this was the only thing you did today, you’d be satisfied.” Then, you know, do that thing. Everything else can wait.

Lee explains than her revelation came in the form of a planner, one that gives her space to list just a small handful of daily to-dos and one “Most Important Task of the Day,” for which the planner uses the same prompt to help its users identify. (If picking just one thing seems like a struggle, she notes, there’s another prompt in there, too: “Will moving this forward make all the other to-do’s unimportant or easier to knock off later?”)

And while it’s a handy thing to have printed out in front of you, it’s also a way of thinking you can adopt for any organizational system. “This has challenged me to ponder whether the thing I thought was super important really was that important; or whether it was merely a distraction from the actual thing that I should be working on,” Lee wrote. “I feel a lot less anxiety around all the work I feel like I have to get to and can shove away the clutter to focus on the truly important things that move the needle for me.” Think of it as the Mari Kondo approach to your to-do list: Nothing on there will spark joy, exactly, but decluttering it to keep only the most necessary things will definitely spark productivity, and maybe even a little relief.

http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2017/04/why-you-should-try-decluttering-your-to-do-list.html

• Upvote 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Witness
      The Kishon River, which winds through the Jezreel Valley in Israel, has not only witnessed, but contributed to epic battle accounts in the Bible. It was at its shore that Elijah had 450 prophets brought down from heights of Mount Carmel, to have them executed for serving the “Baals” – “Masters”. He had gathered all the “children of Israel” and asked, “How long will you falter between two opinions? If the Lord is God, follow Him; but if Baal, follow him.” 1 Kings 18:21 He challenged the prophets’ abilities to summon their gods and consume the sacrificial offering they had prepared, according to Elijah’s instructions. The Baals never appeared, despite a long period of 450 individuals pleading and dancing around their altar.
      After an amazing display of power, God consumed Elijah’s sacrifice on the symbolic 12-stoned altar, causing the people to cry out, ““The Lord, He is God! The Lord, He is God!”. Shortly afterward, the false prophets met their death at the water’s edge of the River Kishon. 1 Kings 18:22-40
      https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Kings+18%3A21-40&version=NKJV
      The infamous river played an even greater part in Israel’s history when Deborah the prophetess, wife and mother, acted as judge. This was not a time of peace for Israel, as it had been for a previous eighty-year time period, since …..
      “the children of Israel AGAIN did evil in the sight of the Lord. So the Lord sold them into the hand of Jabin king of Canaan, who reigned in Hazor. The commander of his army was Sisera, who dwelt in Harosheth Hagoyim. And the children of Israel cried out to the Lord; for Jabin had nine hundred chariots of IRON, and for twenty years he had harshly oppressed the children of Israel.” Judges 4:1-3
      How is it that God “sold” his people into the hands of Jabin? The Hebrew word figuratively denotes “surrender”. God surrendered his people over to their idolatrous desires and pleasures, removing His divine protection. Yet, always when the pressure was intense, they “cried out to the Lord” to save them from the result of their actions, which manifested through ruthless, invading armies.
      Our forgiving and merciful God responded to the cry of Israel by revealing His plan to Deborah, drawing her attention to the tyrannical power Israel faced. She alluded to this awakening in her victory song sung with Barak:
      “Awake, awake, Deborah!
      Awake, awake, sing a song!
      Arise, Barak, and lead your captives away,
      O son of Abinoam! Judges 5:12
      Apparently, Barak was initially hesitant in obeying God’s command, only promising to go if Deborah accompanied him. In fact, only half of Israel’s twelve tribes came to fight for the Lord, causing Deborah to question their intentions.
      “There was great searching of heart
      among the clans of Reuben.
      Why did you sit among the sheep pens
      listening to the playing of pipes for the flocks?
      There was great searching of heart
      among the clans of Reuben.
      17 Gilead remained beyond the Jordan.
      Dan, why did you linger at the ships?
      Asher remained at the seashore
      and stayed in his harbors.
      The people of Zebulun defied death,
      Naphtali also, on the heights of the battlefield.” Judges 5:15b-18
      The supposed city of Meroz was especially damned:
      “Curse Meroz,” says the angel of the Lord,
      “Bitterly curse her inhabitants,
      for they did not come to help the Lord, 
      to help the Lord with the warriors.” Judges 5:23
      Under the leadership of the Lord and by the mouth of a woman, Jabin’s vast army under Sisera was defeated. Because of Barak’s indecisiveness, it was also at the hands of a woman that Sisera met his end. Still, the book of Hebrews enlightens us that Barak’s faith was reinforced when battling under the Lord’s direction. Judges 4:14; Jer 1:9; Heb 11:32-34  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Judges+4%3A14%3B+Jer+1%3A9%3B+Heb+11%3A32-34&version=NKJV

With only a sword, Barak and the armies of Israel brought Sisera’s 900 chariots of iron to a complete halt. At flood stage, the Kishon River finished off the battle by sweeping all evidence of the massive army off the landscape. It lived up to the meaning of its name – “tortuous”, and “a place of catch, of ensnarement”.
      “The kings came and fought,
      Then the kings of Canaan fought
      In Taanach, by the waters of Megiddo;
      They took no spoils of silver.
      They fought from the heavens;
      The stars from their courses fought against Sisera.
      The torrent of Kishon swept them away,
      That ancient torrent, the torrent of Kishon." Judges 5:19-21
      The early Bible accounts can play out symbolically today, helping us discern the powerful, yet covert foe that has come against Gods chosen people, present in the Watchtower. Although JWs “cry out to the Lord” concerning persecution they face; for instance, in Russia, God does not listen to prayers given on behalf of an idol – on behalf of “Jehovah’s spirit-directed organization”. Rev 13:1,2,4-8  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Rev+13%3A1%2C2%2C4-8+++&version=NKJV
       No, this great foe, disguised as a blessing from God, wears “breastplates of IRON”… Rev 9:9
      “Their appearance is like the appearance of horses;
      And like swift steeds, so they run.
      With a noise like chariots
      Over mountaintops they leap,
      Like the noise of a flaming fire that devours the stubble,
      Like a strong people set in battle array.” Joel 2:4,5
      While it is true God has surrendered His people to this army for their acts of idolatry and acceptance of lies, He has again…
      alerted a “woman” – Gal 4:22,23; Rev 12:6,14; 11:3,4
      who is both a “wife” – 2 Cor 11:2;Rev 21:9;22:17
      and a “mother” – Gal 4:26; Rev 12:2,5
      https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Gal+4%3A22%2C23%3B+Rev+12%3A6%2C14%3B+11%3A3%2C4%3B2+Cor+11%3A2%3BRev+21%3A9%3B22%3A17%3BGal+4%3A26%3B+Rev+12%3A2%2C5&version=NKJV
      …to sound the alarm and gather an army to “fight” for the Lord. This prophet has awoken to the atrocious condition of God’s Temple priesthood. Just as in Deborah’s day when “the highways were deserted, and “village life ceased in Israel”, the modern day invading army has left God’s Temple of “living stones” a “desolate wilderness”. 2 Cor 6:14-18; Mal 3:1; Ezek 2:7,5; Matt 25:6; Matt 17:11; 24:15; Rev 12:17; Joel 2:3; Lev 26:22; Zech 7:14  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=”.+2+Cor+6%3A14-18%3B+Mal+3%3A1%3B+Ezek+2%3A7%2C5%3B+Matt+25%3A6%3B+Matt+17%3A11%3B+24%3A15%3B+Rev+12%3A17%3B+Joel+2%3A3%3B+Lev+26%3A22%3B+Zech+7%3A14&version=NKJV
      Those of the “woman” covenant who were once under siege, are the prophetic “two witnesses”, making the determining trumpet call for God’s chosen ones to leave their captivity, join forces with Christ, and stand on the side of Truth. They are the “stars” battling “from the heavens” in this war of Armageddon. Ezek 14:22; Matt 24:31; Rev.9:13,14; 12:6; 11:3; John 8:32,36; 1 Cor 7:23;Rev 12:7; Dan 12:3; Rev 1:20  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ezek+14%3A22%3B+Matt+24%3A31%3B+Rev.9%3A13%2C14%3B+12%3A6%3B+11%3A3%3B+John+8%3A32%2C36%3B+1+Cor+7%3A23%3BRev+12%3A7%3B+Dan+12%3A3%3B+Rev+1%3A20&version=NKJV
      How many members of the symbolic “12 tribes of Israel” will respond to the call? Sadly, the majority of the anointed ones appear accepting of their plight. With senses dulled to the danger that surrounds them, they have not called out to the Lord asking for His help. The army of ELDERS holds tight reigns on God’s people, influenced by Satan’s sorcery. Rev 16:13; 18:23 The anointed and all are held captive under his grand deception. Are they taking their side in this battle of truth against lies by remaining mute and hidden, in like manner as Meroz, the city that did not take up arms with Barak and received a curse from an angel of God? Rom.9:27; Rev.13:7,8  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Rev+16%3A13%3B+18%3A23%3B+Rom.9%3A27%3B+Rev.13%3A7%2C8&version=NKJV
      I am awestruck at the depth of God’s word and meanings. This elusive city has many connotations behind its name and at its roots – the “Place of Cedars”, a “place of withdrawing”, a large number, and “is not too far removed from the Greek verb μυριζω (murizo), meaning to anoint or sprinkle with μυρον (muron), which denotes a costly ointment”. All of these characteristics aptly describe the anointed “trees” who are purposefully withdrawn from view by a wicked/”king”/slave and his army of “scorpion/locusts”. Meroz can symbolize today’s “apostate city” under God’s curse. Luke 6:43-45; Luke 21:21,22; Matt.24:15,16; Rev.18:4  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+6%3A43-45%3B+Luke+21%3A21%2C22%3B+Matt.24%3A15%2C16%3B+Rev.18%3A4&version=NKJV
      God’s people remain under siege with all JWs who are pressed into a spiritual state of famine. Mark 13:8;Luke 21:20-22 Satan uses his invading army and kings to disperse his river of lies; a torrential, invasive flood (by definition, the “waters of MEGIDDO”) which has ensnared God’s people with death-dealing falsehoods.  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+6%3A43-45%3B+Luke+21%3A21%2C22%3B+Matt.24%3A15%2C16%3B+Rev.18%3A4&version=NKJV
      From Pearl Doxsey’s article “EARTH SWALLOWS SATAN’S RIVER”
      Rev 12:15,16 – “So the serpent spewed water out of his mouth like a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away by the flood. But the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the flood which the dragon had spewed out of his mouth.“
      “In the time of the end, Satan forcefully "spews" this fluid from his mouth. Because this water is aimed with force and direction, it is said to be "like a river"/"flood".
      What is Jesus telling us, when it says that this "water" comes from Satan's "mouth"? 
      Jesus also said, 
      "The devil....does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of the lie." (John8:44; Matt.15:11) Satan's "resources" are told to us... (Rev.16:13; 13:2;2Chron.18:21). He is using the "false prophet" and the "Wild Beast", empowering that Beast and prophet with every worldly resource he possesses (Rev.13:2,11,13,7; Rev.9:1,10; Eze.14:15; Rev.13:17)."https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John8%3A44%3B+Matt.15%3A11%3BRev.16%3A13%3B+13%3A2%3B2Chron.18%3A21%3BRev.13%3A2%2C11%2C13%2C7%3B+Rev.9%3A1%2C10%3B+Eze.14%3A15%3B+Rev.13%3A17&version=NKJV
      These spiritual "waters" that Satan spews at the "woman" (Through the Beast and false prophet), can not be the "living water" of Truth. No. This river from Satan's mouth (Matt.12:34; Num.21:6; Rev.9:2,3), are powerful lying signs and portents (2Thess.2:9) and the messengers that carry them (Dan.9:26-27; 11:10; Joel 2:2)...intended to destroy the "woman"/promise/New Covenant.”  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matt.12%3A34%3B+Num.21%3A6%3B+Rev.9%3A2%2C3%3B+2+Thess+2%3A9%3B+Dan.9%3A26-27%3B+11%3A10%3B+Joel+2%3A2&version=NKJV
      This symbolic river, a “place of ensnarement” will not only take the lives of the invading army, but also those who fail to stand up and fight on the side of Truth for the Lord. Rev 19:19
      JWS! Who is your Master? Do you serve the “Baals” – an elder body who shows outward piety, but expects your full obedience to the organization? Prophets of God are sent to warn of impending danger resulting from His people’s sins – the fall into idolatry, spiritual immorality, and the gulping down of lies. 2Cor11:12,13,20    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Rev+19%3A19%3B+2+Cor+11%3A12%2C13%2C20+&version=NKJV
      Yes, IDOLATRY.
      Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with ALL YOUR HEART and with ALL YOUR SOUL and with ALL YOUR MIND.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the LAW AND THE PROPHETS hang on these two commandments.”
      Is this what the Watchtower EXPECTS you to do? NO.
      Wt 11/7/15 - “Why are we so determined to avoid them? (“false” teachers) FIRST OF ALL, it is because we love “the God of truth.” So we do not want to listen to false teachings that go against the truth in God’s Word. (Psalm 31:5; John 17:17) WE ALSO LOVE THE ORGANIZATION that Jehovah uses to teach his wonderful truths.
      God has no connection with any earthly entity in Satan’s domain. The organization and God are NOT on a level plain, as the Watchtower has convinced you believe. They are not one and the same. 
      “The Lord, He is God!” Isa 40:25; Deut 4:39  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isa+40%3A25%3B+Deut+4%3A39&version=NKJV
      “For this is what the Lord of Armies, the God of Israel, says: “Don’t let your prophets who are among you and your diviners deceive you, and don’t listen to the dreams you elicit from them, for they are prophesying falsely to you in my name. I have not sent them.” This is the Lord’s declaration.
      For this is what the Lord says: “When seventy years for Babylon are complete, I will attend to you and will confirm my promise concerning you to restore you to this place. 11 For I know the plans I have for you”—this is the Lord’s declaration—“plans for your well-being, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12 You will call to me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you search for me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you”—this is the Lord’s declaration—“and I will restore your fortunes[c] and gather you from all the nations and places where I banished you”—this is the Lord’s declaration. “I will restore you to the place from which I deported you.”
      15 You have said, “The Lord has raised up prophets for us in Babylon!” 16 But this is what the Lord says concerning the king sitting on David’s throne and concerning all the people living in this city—that is, concerning your brothers who did not go with you into exile. 17 This is what the Lord of Armies says: “I am about to send sword, famine, and plague against them, and I will make them like rotten figs that are inedible because they are so bad. 18 I will pursue them with sword, famine, and plague. I will make them a horror to all the kingdoms of the earth—a curse and a desolation, an object of scorn and a disgrace among all the nations where I have banished them. 19 I will do this because they have not listened to my words”—this is the Lord’s declaration—“the words that I sent to them with my servants the prophets time and time again. And you too have not listened.” This is the Lord’s declaration.
      JWs! Gird your sword, take a stand for TRUTH, and escape the certain covenant of death – “Babylon”
      Isa 28:15,18; Re 17:15; Matt 24:6; Heb 4:12; Eph 6:10-17; 2Thess.2:8;Rev.2:16; 19:11,15  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isa+28%3A15%2C18%3B+Re+17%3A15%3B+Matt+24%3A6%3B+Heb+4%3A12%3B+Eph+6%3A10-17%3B+2Thess.2%3A8%3BRev.2%3A16%3B+19%3A11%2C15).+&version=NKJV

Pearl Doxsey:
      “When considering your cited verses in Jer.29:10-19, it reminded me of two scripture references about our abandonment to Satanic trial and the result of our faithfulness. Those two scripture references, are connected to Jer.29 as well.....

Isa.54: "6 The Lord will call you back
      as if you were a wife deserted and distressed in spirit—
      a wife who married young,
      only to be rejected,” says your God.
      **7 “For a brief moment I abandoned you,
      but with deep compassion I will bring you back.**
      8 In a surge of anger
      I hid my face from you for a moment,
      but with everlasting kindness
      I will have compassion on you,”
      says the Lord your Redeemer.
      11 “Afflicted city, lashed by storms and not comforted,
      I will rebuild you with stones of turquoise,
      your foundations with lapis lazuli.
      12 I will make your battlements of rubies,
      your gates of sparkling jewels,
      and all your walls of precious stones.
      13 All your children will be taught by the Lord,
      and great will be their peace." (Isa.54)

16 Jesus went on to say, **“In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me.”**
      19 Jesus saw that they wanted to ask him about this, so he said to them, “Are you asking one another what I meant when I said, ‘In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me’? 20 Very truly I tell you, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy. 21 A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world. 22 So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy. 23 In that day you will no longer ask me anything. Very truly I tell you, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name."
      ---
      I also think about Jer.29:10, where it says that "when 70 years are finished for Babylon". I recently hit upon God's interpretation for 70 years. It was at Isa.23:15. 
      "At that time Tyre will be forgotten for ***seventy years, the span of a king’s life.*** But at the end of these seventy years, it will happen to Tyre as in the song of the prostitute"
      (see also, Jer.25:12)  So our symbolic 70 years, is how long we are to be dominated by the Gentiles, the "man of lawlessness", Satan, and the false prophet... Satan's "short period of time" (Luke21:24)
      https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jer+25%3A12%3B+Luke+21%3A24&version=NKJV
      By a statement in the Jan.18 Watchtower magazine; ......
      "In the days leading up to the Memorial, we can set aside time to examine prayerfully and carefully our personal relationship with Jehovah. How can we do that? By ‘testing whether we are in the faith.’ To do that, we do well to ask ourselves: ‘Do I really believe that I am part of the only organization that Jehovah has approved to accomplish his will?".......

In effect, does not this statement equate being an obedient slave of the "Watchtower", with being "in the faith"? (1Cor.7:23;Rom.6:16; Gal.1:10)
      The "faith" being spoken of in the scripture they quote (2Cor.13:5), is according to the Bible,  the faith provided by the teaching of Jesus Christ (Rom.3:22; 8:1; Phil.3:8-9; Matt.7:24-27; Eph.2:20)
      ... *not a faith rooted in the vacillating doctrine of the Organization. Our "testing" properly occurs, when we are building our faith on the words of Christ.... not the present releases or bound volumes of the doctrines of men.

I hope all will intensely consider, that this statement by the WT, 
      is crystallized in the symbolic meaning of Rev.13:16. 
      Deut.11:18 conveys the interpretation of that verse. There it tells us, that we receive a symbolic mark on our forehead, by the spiritual master of our faith (Rev.7:3). We are either slaves of God's truths, or slaves of the doctrines of men (666), which is idolatry. Making that choice (Joel 3:14; 2:32; Luke17:30-32; Rev.18:4), means a decision between life, or death (Rom.6:16).
      4womaninthewilderness
      -  -  -  -  -  -  -
    • By Witness
      Many "Jehovah's Witnesses" have said to me, 
      "Don't you think that we should just wait on Jehovah to straighten things out in the leadership of the Organization? Surely Jehovah will take care of things in His own due time."

Has not God already made clear how He handles wayward leadership and those who cling to them who lead His people astray? Did he "straighten out" Jerusalem, when they rejected His Son? How does God always conclude his covenants with those who reject His guidance? What happened in 70 C.E.?
      Don't you remember Christ's warning, at Matt.24:15,16?

Please consider my scriptural reply to your questions....
      Because of the critical times in which we live, we must consult Yhwh's direction in this (Prov.3:5,6).
      Certainly, we do not want to view the continuing existence of sin and false doctrines as Yhwh's fault, as if  He wants it to continue until He feels inclined to correct it (1John1:5; Rom.3:4). Any apostasy that exists, is due to men, and not due to God's complacency. 
      True, this futility and operation of error is being permitted by Yhwh (Rom.8:20; 2Thess.2:11,9), but not without purpose! 
      Be certain that you see clearly what that purpose is!

2Thess.2:9,10,11,12 tells us, that Yhwh allows this test by Satan, so that those who do not really love Him and the truth, will be deceived and marked. The outcome? Eze.14:10; 2Thess.2:10,12; Rev.13:8 and Rev.19:20,21 answer.
      Does Yhwh really hold accountable, and condemn, those who are deceived into subjection to corrupt leaders, or even just the complacent condoning of an environment of corruption?
      See Ezek.14:10; 1Tim.2:14; Psalm26:4 make the answer to that clear.
      So, if we continue to subject ourselves to a false prophet and continue to take in the spiritual food they provide; how does Yhwh view us? (Matt.15:14; 1Cor.10:21,22; Rev.2:2,14,16,20,21,22,23).
      "Waiting on Jehovah" is for the endurance of injustice, after you have actually been subjected to it for righteousness' sake(Rev.6:10; 1Pet.2:19; 5:9; Matt.5:10,11,12; Gal.5:1,7,8; Matt.10:32; Rom.8:17; 2Tim.2:12). 
      The example of Christ was to speak out against religious corruption and poisonous spiritual food (Matt.23). He knew that Truth was the only way to salvation (John14:6; 17:3,17). He was willing to die to provide the vital warning, that we must not be complacent followers (John18:37; 8:40; Matt.23:13,33,38; 5:20; 15:14). So also, do his brothers and true followers (Luke9:23,24;Rev.6:11; 12:11; Matt.5:13,14,15,16). If we know what is right, and do not do it; it is a sin for us (James4:17; Gen.3:3). We know it is right, to warn those in spiritual peril (Ezek.3:18; 33:8). We know it is wrong to tolerate wicked leaders (Rev.2:20; 2Kings9:7;Eze.13:17; 2Cor.11:4,20,13,12,3).

Sitting still in silence, is not truly, "waiting on Jehovah"...as if His patience is to blame for our drunken sleep.
      We do not "wait on Jehovah" for Him to make us take action to do what is right (Deut.30:15,19; Luke13:24). Yhwh is not going to force the corrupt ones to change, so we should stop waiting for that. He is allowing a short time, to see what WE will choose; the condoning of corruption...or faithful action that results in life. (Gal.6:4; Mark10:29,30; Rev.2:2; 2Cor.6:17; Rev18:4; Mark 8:35)
      We have free will, and must choose for ourselves to obey His warnings and guidance. "Waiting" will not accomplish this, nor save us. Decisive action was needed to save Noah and his family (Gen.6:22; Heb.12:25). It is the same today (Matt.24:37; 1Cor.10:11).

Many may be under the impression that we have enough time before the end; and that there is time for the Organization to be cleansed and repaired. The reality is, that no longer will imperfect men running an imperfect organization, rule in righteousness during the remainder of Satan's system. 
      The very next kings will be Yhwh, Christ, and his glorified brothers (2Pet.3:5,6,7,11,13; Rev.12:10; 6:10,11; 14:1). These have no need of a man-made Temple, buildings, or Organization (John4:21,23,24; Matt.24:2; Isa.26:5; Job 5:11; Eze.21:25,26,27;Luke14:11). God himself is constructing his own, perfected "organization"; and the last of the living stones are taking their place in the completed Tabernacle of God (1Cor.15:50; 1Pet.2:5,9; 1Cor.3:16; Eph.2:20,21,22; Heb.11:10; Acts7:48; Zech.4:9-10) This everlasting and glorious "organization" comes down out of heaven from God (Rev.21:2,3,4,5; 22:3,4; Dan.2:44); not up from the ashes of corruption and sin (Job 14:4).

Yhwh has made plain in so many scriptures, that now is not the time for loyalty to those condemned. It is a time for fleeing, an opened door provided by the merciful compassion of the King of Eternity; who does not implement the cleansing fire of His wrath, until first He warns His prophets (Amos3:7; 2Pet.1:21). 
      Let him that has ears...listen!
      (Luke21:21,22; 17:32; Isa.52:11; 2Cor.6:17; Jer.51:45; Rev.18:4)
      Pearl Doxsey, 4womaninthewilderness

• By Witness
      Watchtower's viewpoint on charities:
      "Like the neighborly Samaritan in Jesus’ illustration, we want to help suffering people, including those who are not Witnesses. (Luke 10:33-37) The best way to do so is by sharing the good news with them. “It is important to make clear right away that we are Jehovah’s Witnesses and that our primary mission is to help them spiritually, not materially,” notes an elder who has helped many refugees. “Otherwise, some may associate with us only for personal advantage."  Wt 2017/5 p. 7

"If there is any material giving, to charities for instance, it is because there is need to salve a conscience, or because one's reputation is at stake." Wt. 1969 5/1 p. 280 
      "But the Lord said to him, “Now you Pharisees clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside you are full of greed and evil.  Fools! Didn’t he who made the outside make the inside too?  But give from what is within to the poor, and then everything is clean for you."  Luke 11:39-41
      "Give to everyone who asks you, and from someone who takes your things, don’t ask for them back.  Just as you want others to do for you, do the same for them".  Luke 6:30,31

• By Witness
      We know that the twelve tribes of Israel were divided after King Solomon died. 1 Kings 11:10,11,31 Ten tribes became known as the Northern Kingdom and called “Israel”. The tribes of Judah and Benjamin were the Southern Kingdom and called “Judah”. Out of all who reigned both in Israel and Judah, only a handful were considered faithful to God. Amazingly, all of Israel’s kings supported calf worship and some, Baal worship; with only a few of Judah’s kings worshiping God. One of them was King Asa.
      “ Asa did what was right in the eyes of the Lord, as did his father David.” 1 Kings 15:11
      https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/…
      Today, we would say “great, great grandfather” when referring Asa’s relationship to David. Asa’s immediate father was Abijam.
      “And he banished the perverted persons from the land, and removed all the idols that his fathers had made. Also he removed Maachah his grandmother from being queen mother, because she had made an obscene image of Asherah. (A Canaanite goddess) And Asa cut down her obscene image and burned it by the Brook Kidron. But the high places were not removed. Nevertheless Asa’s heart was loyal to the Lord all his days.” 1 Kings 15:13,14
      As long as Asa relied completely on God during his reign, peace came to the land of Judah. 2 Chron 14:2-8 When Zera the Ethiopian came up against Judah, Asa’s army of 580,000 men faced a million men and 300 chariots. 
      “So Asa went out against him, and they set the troops in battle array in the Valley of Zephathah at Mareshah. And Asa cried out to the Lord his God, and said, “Lord, it is nothing for You to help, whether with many or with those who have no power; help us, O Lord our God, for we rest on You, and in Your name we go against this multitude. O Lord, You are our God; do not let man prevail against You!” (2 Chron 14:9-11)
      With God’s intervention, Judah was victorious; but there was one incident during Asa’s reign when he forgot his God and relied on the strength of the King of Syria, when the evil King Baasha (which even means “wicked”) of Israel came up against him. Asa bribed the Syrian king to break off his treaty with Baasha, offering him the treasures of the temple, to side with Judah against Israel. 2 Chron 16:2,3 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/…
      Did this act escape God’s notice? No, Hanani the seer reminded him of this victory over the Ethiopians and then stated,
      “For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those WHOSE HEART IS LOYAL TO HIM. In this you have done foolishly; therefore from now on you shall have wars.” Then Asa was angry with the seer, and put him in prison, for he was enraged at him because of this. And Asa oppressed some of the people at that time.” 2 Chron 16:7-10
      In the Watchtower article of 3/2017, “Serve Jehovah With a Complete Heart”, Asa is held up as an example to the flock when dealing with school mates, work mates, and when loved ones are disfellowshipped.
      “In such situations, rely on God, just as Asa did. Pray to Jehovah, be courageous, and keep doing what is right. Remember that God strengthened Asa, and he will strengthen you too.”
      JWs, look at the history of the organization. How many battles has it fought to secure its fortress? Although there have been many court cases won by the Watchtower; how many court cases today concerning child abuse, are lost? And what about the suffering during the Holocaust, and now Russia? Yes, there have been years of prosperity, but even the wicked, greedy kings of Israel had prosperous years.
      Consider the titles of these news articles from the Watchtower’s website:
      “Russia Targets Jehovah’s Witnesses With Anti-Extremist Legislation, Reports UN Human Rights Committee”
      “Russia’s Supreme Court Ruling Has Negative Impact on Jehovah’s Witnesses”
      Within these articles the organization has rallied the opinions of individuals and entities around the plight they face in Russia
      • the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe
      • United Nations Human Rights Committee
      • Derek H. Davis, formerly the director of the J.M. Dawson Institute of Church-State Studies at Baylor University. 
      • Roman Lunkin, head of the Center for Religion and Society Studies at the Institute of Europe Russian Academy of Sciences in Moscow
      By referencing as well as relying on these prominent ones support who sympathize with the Watchtower’s plight, can we see that this is no different than what Asa did when reaching out to the Syrian King for aid instead of giving full reliance on God? Yet, this has been the routine since the Watchtower’s beginnings. Although it will point out Jesus’ words of Mark 13:9 as the reason behind their persecution, what he meant cannot be applied to those who expect obedience to men, the elder body and GB, before obedience to God and Christ. Acts 5:29; Rev 13:15 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/…
      If we endeavor to serve God with a complete heart, there is nothing left for us to visualize but God and his Son alone, whom we give our service to; but just as the wicked kings worshiped other gods, so too, do those within the Watchtower. If we are told to serve God with a complete heart and are then directed to give our attention and service to an organization built by men who call it the source of salvation, WE COMMIT IDOLATRY. Jer 11:10
      Wt ‘90/11/1 p. 26 – “As Christians, we face up to similar challenges today. We cannot take part in any modern version of IDOLATRY – be it worshipful gestures toward an image or symbol or the imputing of SALVATION to a person or an ORGANIZATION.”
      Now, back to Watchtower's true colors:
      “Come to Jehovah’s ORGANIZATION for SALVATION” – Wt. ‘81/11/15 p. 212
      The Watchtower’s rule of unfaithful anointed ‘kings’ falls in line with those who ruled the Northern tribes of Israel. Calf worship began with Jeroboam, used to distance the people from the true temple in Jerusalem. It became so deeply entrenched through successive reigns; it remained as an icon against God until the fall of the kingdom. Fortifying the kingdom kept the people from true worship in Jerusalem. Baal worship was introduced by Jezebel until the prophet Elijah brought an end to it.
      In the organization, the true Temple, God’s anointed priesthood, has been thwarted and replaced by a false priesthood, who comprise the organization – the elder body. 1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17; 6:19; Eph 2:20,21 In a similar way practiced by Israel’s kings, the flock are told to “stay away” from God’s Temple and look instead toward the idol/organization with its false priesthood as salvation. Replacing God's priesthood is not new. When Jeroboam set up calf worship, he appointed his own priesthood which of course, was not sanctioned by God. 1 Kings 12:32; 2 Chron 11:14 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/…
      JWs, do you know the names of those on your elder body? Of course, you do. On the other hand, God’s authentic priesthood is to remain anonymous.
      Wt. 1/16 -“ Do those of the other sheep need to know the names of all those who are anointed today? The short answer is NO. Why not? Because even if someone has received the heavenly calling, that person has received only an invitation, not a final confirmation of the reward. That is why Satan raises up “false prophets . . . to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones.”
      Who are the anointed ones that have made themselves quite prominent, and whose names are on every JW tongue? It is the Governing Body, Revelation’s “Jezebel”. They are the source of the previous Wt. quote; false prophets who expect the chosen ones and companions to commit idolatry by giving servitude to all functions, and loyalty toward the mission of the organization; a mission that has at its roots the purpose to destroy. Rev 12:1-4 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/…
      “Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols. Rev 2:20
      Like Israel’s Jezebel, the “Jezebel” today is responsible for “killing” (disfellowshipping) those in Christ who desire to serve God with a complete heart. 1 Kings 18:4; John 16:1-4 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/…
      She, and her ‘army’ are those Christ’s faithful ones face when Jesus said, 
      “But before all these things, they will lay their hands on you and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons. You will be brought before kings and rulers for My name’s sake.” Luke 21:12
      When dealing with King Ahab and his wife Jezebel, Elijah the prophet declared a drought on Israel. God told him to leave and assured him he would be fed and cared for. 1 Kings 17:1-15 Today’s “Elijah” who pronounce to God’s people to repent of their sins, are the “two witnesses” who have left Watchtower’s idolatry and its spiritually desolate state. Zech 4:11; Rev 11:3,4; Matt 17:3,4,10,11; Amos 8:11; Rev 18:8; Luke 17:31-37; Rev 12:14
      They, and all who desire to serve God with a complete heart are spiritually well cared for during this time of the Marriage Feast of the Lamb. Matt 22:1-14, not found within the walls of the Watchtower. Rev 13:7,15 Luke 17:26-37; Rev 11:1,3,4,7
      To whom, then, can you compare God?
      To what statue can you compare him?
      Craftsmen make idols.
      Goldsmiths cover them with gold.
      Silversmiths make silver chains for them.
      The poorest people choose wood that will not rot
      and search out skillful craftsmen
      to set up idols that will not fall over.
      Don’t you know?
      Haven’t you heard?
      Haven’t you been told from the beginning?
      Don’t you understand the foundations of the earth?
      God is enthroned above the earth,
      and those who live on it are like grasshoppers.
      He stretches out the sky like a canopy
      and spreads it out like a tent to live in.
      He makes rulers unimportant
      and makes earthly judges worth nothing.
      They have hardly been planted.
      They have hardly been sown.
      They have hardly taken root in the ground.
      Then he blows on them and they wither,
      and a windstorm sweeps them away like straw.
      “To whom, then, can you compare me?
      Who is my equal?” asks the Holy One. Isa 40:18-25
    • By Anna
      Opposers like to quote this reply to a comment “From our Readers” implying that although Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that “Any organization that assumes that position should be willing to submit to scrutiny and criticism”  they themselves do not tolerate any scrutiny or criticism and therefore are being hypocritical.
      Is that accusation true?

Awake 1984 8/22
      “You all loved it, didn’t you? You couldn’t resist taking a shot at the Catholic Church, could you? I will never forgive the way you mercilessly tore down the Pope. If Jehovah’s Witnesses must refer to cheap shots in attempting to bring down other religions, they’re in more trouble than the Catholics”. - Florda

"We surely were not trying to take cheap shots at the pope or the Catholic Church, nor were we criticizing Catholics. The Catholic Church occupies a very significant position in the world and claims to be the way of salvation for hundreds of millions of people. Any organization that assumes that position should be willing to submit to scrutiny and criticism. All who criticize have the obligation to be truthful in presenting the facts and fair and objective in assessing such. In both respects we try to live up to that obligation.—ED.

• By Bible Speaks
      ALWAYS REMEMBER THE P.A.S.S.W.O.R.D. ? ?
      P - Prayer (Matt.6:9,10)   (Prov.27:11)
      A - Association (Rom.1:11,12) (Hebrews 10:24,25)
      S - Study (personal) (Prov.2:1-5)
      S - Service (Field Ministry) (Matt.28:19,20)
      W - Word (Read the Bible Daily)  (Ps.1:1-5.)
      O - Organization ( Deut.4:6)
      R - Reminders (Ps. 119:46,52)
      D - Directions (Ps.119:105) Discipline (Prov.6;23)
      jw.org