The World News Media

HOW DO DEMONS TRICK PEOPLE ?

Bible Speaks

HOW DEMONS TRICK PEOPLE

New World Translation
Deuteronomy 18:10, 11

10 There should not be found in you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire,+ anyone who employs divination,+ anyone practicing magic,+ anyone who looks for omens,+ a sorcerer,+11 anyone binding others with a spell, anyone who consults a spirit medium+ or a fortune-teller,+ or anyone who inquires of the dead."

How do the demons trick people?

The demons trick people in many ways. When people contact the demons they do it either directly or through someone else, such as a witch doctor or a psychic. Contact with the demons is called demonism or spiritism. But the Bible commands us to stay far away from anything that has to do with the demons. (Galatians 5:19-21

Why? Just as a hunter uses a trap to catch animals, the demons use tricks to trap and control people.

What is divination, and why should we avoid it?

One of their tricks is called divination. That is the use of supernatural powers to try to find out about the future or the unknown. Someone might try to do this by looking at the stars, searching for omens, reading tarot cards, using a crystal ball, or reading the palm of a person’s hand. 

Many people think that these practices are harmless, but they are not. They are very dangerous. For example, the Bible shows that demons and fortune-tellers work together. At Acts 16:16-18, we read about “a demon of divination” who helped a girl to do “fortune-telling.” After the apostle Paul sent the demon away, the girl lost her ability to foretell the future.

(a) Why is it dangerous to try to communicate with the dead? (b) Why do God’s servants never get involved in demonic customs?

The demons use another trick to trap people. They try to make us believe that it’s possible to talk to the dead and that those who have died are actually still alive somewhere and can communicate with us or hurt us. For example, someone whose friend or relative has died may go to a person, such as a spirit medium, who says he or she can talk to the dead. The medium may tell the person something interesting about the dead friend or relative and even imitate the dead person’s voice. (1 Samuel 28:3-19

Many funeral customs are also based on the belief that the dead are still alive somewhere. These may include funeral celebrations, funeral anniversaries, sacrifices for the dead, widowhood rites, or some wake rituals. 

When Christians refuse to take part in these customs, their families or village communities may criticize them, insult them, or refuse to have anything to do with them. But Christians know that the dead are not alive somewhere else. It’s impossible to communicate with them, and they cannot harm us. (Psalm 115:17

Be very careful. Never try to communicate with the dead or the demons and never get involved in demonic customs.—Read Deuteronomy 18:10, 11; Isaiah 8:19.

What have many people who once lived in fear of the demons been able to do?

The demons not only trick people but also frighten them. Today, Satan and his demons know that they have only “a short period of time” before God removes them from the earth, so they are more violent and aggressive than ever. (Revelation 12:12, 17

However, thousands of people who once lived in fear of the demons don’t fear them anymore. How did they break free from their fear of the demons?

HOW TO RESIST SATAN AND THE DEMONS

• Get rid of everything that has to do with magic, the demons, or the supernatural
  • Study the Bible ask for help at jw.org free
  • Pray to Jehovah God

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102015150?q=deut18%3A10&p=par

IMG_3952.JPG

• Views 3.7k
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The quality of critical thinking is going downhill - it is painful to watch the news these days!  I hope this does not sound high minded or critical but I truly find that once you have been educated b

In Africa, they put spells on each other or bury things at other peoples houses to bring bad spirits on them.  For example: a woman (Ana)  goes to the witch doctor to know why she has a problem (her h

I have a niece 17 who wanted to watch cinderellla dvd with my 7 year old granddaughter. My granddaughter has Autism & Caleb says Magic is wrong. We dont watch Disney dvds. Although years ago we al

Posted Images

In Africa, they put spells on each other or bury things at other peoples houses to bring bad spirits on them.  For example: a woman (Ana)  goes to the witch doctor to know why she has a problem (her husband does not love her any more or some other issue with her children).  The witch doctor may throw the bones and then say that it is Ana's neighbor who is jealous and she previously had buried something at Ana's  house to put her under a nasty spell. Ana will then go to the witch doctor to have the spell removed and then put a nasty spell back on her neighbor's children.   This turns into a never ending hate game of power and control - and the witch doctor gets rich. 

What is seriously sad about all of this is that people display all the satanic qualities of hate, jealousy, suspicion and murder and all kinds of other wicked qualities - stirred up by contact with the demons - who want to see us suffer and eventually blame the creator for it. It could be family members hating each other and all these things are done in secret.  The other person does not know you are secretly working against them or they are suspicious. These are all wicked qualities that come from being under control of satanic forces who get to control your thinking. 

Most of these people who practice these traditions have had contact with some form of Christianity but are still ignorant of the workings of satan (never been taught) or choose to ignore the warnings.  Imagine living your whole life under fear of a spell/ spells by different people.

Africa is seeing a great escalation of this as many of the ancient traditions are returning. People are rejecting the teachings of the bible. When I visited my son last year in December he told me that these evil practices are all some of the people talk about at work.  The local newspapers also shocked me as there are so many stories of sorcery and spells in the news.  Twenty five years ago this was not the case. 

It seems to me - in general - as if the mentality of society is deteriorating everywhere on earth.  Twenty five years ago logic and good reasoning kept people sane.  There were more good people who kept back the full power of Satan - but now- the influence of Satan is seen everywhere in the qualities people are displaying. As the time of the end gets closer the evil powers of satan are getting more open and prevalent - so it seems to me.  And it is reflected in the different societies in different ways of behavior. It is no surprise to me to see the number of people who are just randomly killing others in first world countries as well as third world countries - they are all in some form or other under influence of satanic religions or other satanic forces.

In the middle east most religions teach that you are not allowed to be a witch. Unfortunately there are so much other superstitions that this becomes a very good vehicle for satan to work with.  The insidious practices of suspicion, the evil eye, reading the future in coffee leaves and also the Islamic teaching of the "jinn" contribute to spiritism.  Read up about the jinn.  They are evil spirits with a will of their own and are around all people - this is what they believe.  Many exorcisms take place in islam and there are also some "sexual" encounters.  But I do not read too much about this because I do not really want to get into the dark evil things of satan.  It is just enough for me to know about it so I can recognize it when I encounter it - and I have in very unexpected places.

I was studying with a young woman for quite some time when I realized I had not done a good job because I realized that she still believed in the Jinn.  The Jinn are (according to them) made from fire so they are not the same as the evil spiritis we encounter in the bible.... well now I know better....look out for different kind of superstitions when you study with people!

Thanks  for  your  detailed  comment  about  that  theme,  dear  sister  @Arauna  :)

Satan  is  using  all  tricks / traps  he  can....  we  must  be  very  careful  and  pay  attention  more  and  more !  Also  many  different  Islands  have  still  mystery  beliefs !   I  also  not  interested,  reading  too  much  about  that  -  only  in  our  literature.  Greetings  from  Germany

I met a woman in Africa who told me she was trying to break free from Satanism.   She said these people were so nice to her and she went with them a few times ... but when she wanted to leave they became nasty and threatening.  She said Satan must have been watching her before she met them because she was watching horor movies all the time.  She 'accidentally' met these people when she was at her most vulnerable.... yes Satan can pretend to be an angel of light....he has many disguises to deceive....

6 hours ago, Tracey Anne Smith said:

I have a niece 17 who wanted to watch cinderellla dvd with my 7 year old granddaughter. My granddaughter has Autism & Caleb says Magic is wrong. We dont watch Disney dvds. Although years ago we all did. But its hard to tell some witnesses even dvds are wrong if magic in.

@Tracey Anne Smith Your correct! Fact Bambi hears her mother die in forest? Sad, it's called "mind control."

Trivia

• At one point, the film was meant to show her body after she was shot but was later removed as it would be too dark. Despite this, it is considered to be one of the most horrific and graphic deaths in all of Disney history. 
  • In The Sword in the StoneKay is hunting a deer who looks very much like her. 
  • In The Jungle Book, a deer that strongly resembles her is grazing in a meadow, and being unknowingly stalked by Shere Khan
  • She and Bambi make a cameo in the Donald Duck cartoon, No Hunting. When she notices litter going down the stream, she tells Bambi, "Man is in the forest. Let's dig out." 
  • In The Rescuers, during the song "Someone's Waiting For You", she and Bambi are seen eating grass in Devil's Bayou
  • She, along with many other Disney Characters, made cameo appearances in the film Who Framed Roger Rabbit
  • In Beauty and the Beast, there is a deer grazing in the opening scene that greatly resembles her. 
  • Tae-Kwon Doe's head in the Toy Story Toonsshort Small Fry also resembles her. 
  • A deer resembling her appears in the Sofia the First episode "Holiday in Enchancia" as one of the forest animals who helps Sofiatrack down her father. 
  • There is a fan theory that Gaston or Judge Doom may have been the hunter who killed Bambi's mother.

@Aruna People are "blinded" by  mysticism! It is a part of people to want to feel magic and to be able to understand it! Yeah we know that Satan the devil is not a magician, but a snake ?? and slander and resister. He slyly comes in with his magic and demons in movies and films, gets the young involved and they want more! Now they is a belief that 144,000 are magical delivers to bring the earth and heaven to harmony! Wow read that on FB yesterday was in shock. But he and his hordes have now "hooks" in their mouths and are sinking fast ? Lets teach all about Jehovah God and His Son Our Lord Christ Jesus. It will get worse. Degrading movies too of transvestism looked as ok ?? but a couple of years ago voted down. He can't win, he's being stepped on and crushed! ???????

16 minutes ago, Tracey Anne Smith said:

The new remake of beauty & the beast has dark side.witch craft etc & makes it ok

@Tracey Anne Smith Disney has always been dark. Sorcery is ok and witches. That's what they teach children, then beg parents to buy gifts from the movies ? to remember the evil? Big business and lies to teach children it's ok to have a dark side and to seek vengeance to others with magic and demons that fly. ????

I actually watch very little movies these days - not much time. Additionally, too much violence and sex for my taste. I rather read an edifying book on some valuable subject. All of us should protect ourselves by obeying the instructions of Jehovah and his organization... especially the minds of our impressionable young kids.  Let the children play - like all kids should - instead of sitting in front of a TV.

@Aruna I only watch weather and news some days. Nothing else any good. Even some wildlife channels are violent. Jehovah will bring even peace to the whole earth even them. 

"All your sons will be persons taught by Jehovah, and the peace of yoursons will be abundant.” (Isaiah 54:13)

He's teaching us now how to be citizens of the New World ? 

Blessings!

????☀️??

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.